eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Started this ML around 10 days ago. Ticked both boxes yeah. Would normally only tick NT in case it messes with ML saves.

I did
Do you mean: You applied the latest Live Update, then started a Master League and Ansu Fati was there? Without any possible OF intervation? And he is with his scanned face and his gameplan miniface? And in the free agents?

Yep...

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 25
It's crazy how much this game has changed since 1.0 ..against Portugal on 1.0 I've just conceded 12 free kicks by half time by holding X and charging about. My style of play has changed gradually over time because the games leniency has allowed it to. They were all legitimate free kicks too

I'm in two times :BEER:
This is how good a football game can be when played with and Vs other players who are onboard proper football.

I've acctually considered buying a PS4 just for this.
And I believe this is the answer and future for us offline guys who can't stand playing Vs the CPU.
Great stuff Thomas

This is how good a football game can be when played with and Vs other players who are onboard proper football.

I've acctually considered buying a PS4 just for this.
And I believe this is the answer and future for us offline guys who can't stand playing Vs the CPU.
Great stuff Thomas
Online the future of offline? Thanks but no thanks.

Online the future of offline? Thanks but no thanks.
Whatever dude,keep playing that shitty CPU,guess that's rewarding and fun,or Konami/EA will develop it to become better?
What I mean is that you can replicate great football in a team with dedicated team mates,Vs dedicated opponent's,not random online gaming.
That's going to be more and more common,grinding FIFA/Pes Vs CPU who doesn't separate it's coding from Luton or Barcelona,that's pretty fucking boring isn't.
Long ball/driven pass/60 passes in a row without shifting body positioning.
Thanks but no thanks

Last edited:
Whatever dude,keep playing that shitty CPU,guess that's rewarding and fun,or Konami/EA will develop it to become better?
I am not saying past iterations were anywhere near good for offline players.
But I still have a bit of hope for the future (not necessarily the close future though).

But you know, online is not always an option. Where I live I have lovely mountains, but shity internet connection. Also with a young daughter and other stuffs, I appreciate the patience of the cpu when I pause the game and also its availability.

Last edited:
I am not saying past iterations were anywhere near good for offline players.
But I still have a bit of hope for the future (not necessarily the close future though).

But you know, online is not always an option. Where I live I have lovely mountains, but shity internet connection. Also with a young daughter and other stuffs, I appreciate the patience of the cpu when I pause the game and its availability.
I get all that,and in a perfect world I would want that too.
Thing is,I haven't been able to enjoy a ML since Pes 17,or FIFA 17/18,and I see it deteriorating each installment.

And my fears are next gen will focus on looks , maximizing the consoles power and content will suffer,plus the two companies are massive companies,will deffo not take any bold desicions in GamePlay.

I get that online might not be for everyone,but it's still a very good way to play the game,using house rules (if bugs and exploits).

Also,I apologize for the bad tone mate,no need for that

I get all that,and in a perfect world I would want that too.
Thing is,I haven't been able to enjoy a ML since Pes 17,or FIFA 17/18,and I see it deteriorating each installment.

And my fears are next gen will focus on looks , maximizing the consoles power and content will suffer,plus the two companies are massive companies,will deffo not take any bold desicions in GamePlay.

I get that online might not be for everyone,but it's still a very good way to play the game,using house rules (if bugs and exploits).

Also,I apologize for the bad tone mate,no need for that
No worries rock!

I am in the same wagon. Ideally I would like to play footy games with my friends, but things have changed and I am probably the only one still playing footy games. I can't help, I need my fix.

To me, simulating the play through a season with cups, leagues, players condition and stuff will always be the ultimate thing I want to reproduce about football. Not saying 11 vs 11 or multi with the right persons isn't fun or respectable or whatever. It's just that for me it's something else.

To me, simulating the play through a season with cups, leagues, players condition and stuff will always be the ultimate thing I want to reproduce about football. Not saying 11 vs 11 or multi with the right persons isn't fun or respectable or whatever. It's just that for me it's something else.
Of course it is,I'm with you there,nothing more fun to build a team through good transfers.
To me it's getting tougher and tougher because gameplay gets worse by every new game.
But there's always older games to get that done.
Btw Ciro's 36 g in 37 games...
Mama Mia!

Playing directly 2020 after 2019 and i think that the problem of 2020 is not related with handicap and TS. The main core issue of 2020 is that the general game is slow but in a bad way, i needed to check 2 times that i am on SPEED 0 and not -2. Players move like drunken, unaware brainless chesspawns that you need to fight your controller in order to wake them up.

The case that it needs so much context in order to give a simple 2m short pass while you are stationary. Everything is very context related, like do the right combo and your move will work, fail to do the right combo and you will be doomed.

I do not know if they had good intention to make a slower realistic pace, but for sure they overdid something wrong here. Play a 2020 game straight after 2018 or 2019 and you will feel that your controlled is mulfunctioning.

Also the CPU when it is not cynical, they are lethargic as hell. Playing against Barcelona for 3rd season with my Extremadura and beat them again 2-0 hands down. No jokes here, they are the worst team in TP difficulty to play against them in ML. Do not know whats happening with them, when the average Alcorcorn low CF can easily do a hat-trick against me, when i face them.

Luis Suarez and Griezman looked so helpless, they did not achieve to complete a succesfull drible, my 69OPR regen LB Djavan Ferreira, who is usually my worst player, eliminated them easily. They were honestly unable to connect more then 2 consecutive passes. And it has not to do with difficulty TP, cause i am seeing teams from the bottom of the table, stringing world class triangle one touch passing attacks on the fly.

But for real, the situation that 2019 ML seems more preferable than 2020 ML , really drives me crazy, i am like in a shock, i can't believe it. It is like Kramer vs Kramer!

But for real, the situation that 2019 ML seems more preferable than 2020 ML , really drives me crazy, i am like in a shock, i can't believe it. It is like Kramer vs Kramer!
Took me some reality checks to acctually think and believe that too.
19 is by far my most hated game on release,but decent enough now (though I prefer the gameplay on League mode) at least way better than 20,which is equally bad on all modes.

Game has still the "Live Update" bug, which means, no basecopy and no revert to default option. Booted up my ML difficulty to Superstar now cause TopPalyer made CPU teams like Barcelona and Leverkusen play very lethargic bad and without any ID.
I hope the first Eibar that will smash me a cheaty world class 3-0, will not make me regret it.

I decreased the difficulty tô TP and try on FUMA and what a surprise! Its unbeliveble. Much more randomness on animations and build up. If an attacker is well marked, you pass into the space tô your player rush tô the ball opening gaps tô other pass or tô shot on goal. I created chances as never before.
I notice much more missplaced passes by the CPU as well.
My first matches highlights:

Last edited:
I reached a dead end point with TP. Booted up to Superstar difficulty. Game is for sure more "challenging" but its animations flow is from the ugliest i have ever seen. Players react like robots being wrapped by dark holes. I really don't like at all the football being played.

The most obvious annoyance is when my player is running towards the ball for an one-on-one situation with the GK and while he has all the time of the universe to do a finesse shot, he just does a sliding tackle-shot, cause what? He is anxious of Superstar maybe?

For real the game and the gameplay looks 10 times more ugly in comparison with Top player.

Since the update the game against the AI is just a repetative mess. It doesn't matter if your on manual or PA3 or which team your playing the AIs approach is the same. The same patterns over and over. The team ID has gone, individuality is all but gone and fouls are all but gone. For me it looks like they tried to make it free flowing end to end for the online crowd and make every team more or less the same so there's little to no gap in ability.its been noticeable after each patch but jump from v1 straight to now and it's unbelievable

The most obvious annoyance is when my player is running towards the ball for an one-on-one situation with the GK and while he has all the time of the universe to do a finesse shot, he just does a sliding tackle-shot,
Relate!
I've had this happening more than I could stomach in my brief Pes 20 career.
Always happens when you just have side foot it in or for a bit more power,no one being able to get hold off the ball from you,then your player tries to slide tackle the ball in?
Wtf?
Yet another "keep the game even because the ai on the CPU are shite so we have to cheat to keep it even move" from konami.

I reached a dead end point with TP. Booted up to Superstar difficulty. Game is for sure more "challenging" but its animations flow is from the ugliest i have ever seen. Players react like robots being wrapped by dark holes. I really don't like at all the football being played.

The most obvious annoyance is when my player is running towards the ball for an one-on-one situation with the GK and while he has all the time of the universe to do a finesse shot, he just does a sliding tackle-shot, cause what? He is anxious of Superstar maybe?

For real the game and the gameplay looks 10 times more ugly in comparison with Top player.

Mood Slammerz. Contextual shooting is appalling, just like shooting in general.

If I'm further than 10 yards from goal I've found that I'm just grateful to get any kind of shot off. The fact that it's more often than not a floaty powderpuff punt taken with the player's weaker foot becomes a secondary concern.

I’m bitterly disappointed that Konami developers made the active decision to gradually make the PES offline a more frustrating and less appealing experience. Their can be absolutely no doubt in anyone’s mind that things like the artificial intelligence have been deliberately nerfed to the point where offline modes like master league have become redundant.

I’m bitterly disappointed that Konami developers made the active decision to gradually make the PES offline a more frustrating and less appealing experience. Their can be absolutely no doubt in anyone’s mind that things like the artificial intelligence have been deliberately nerfed to the point where offline modes like master league have become redundant.

Everything I used to like about PES has been stripped out of the last two games. It's become an empty brainless experience built for fast counter attacks, presumably to please the online crowd

Someone mentioned the other day, about the commentary and how bad it is. I will tell you what the two Greek commentators said, they say it in any chance given since 2011 that we have Greek Commentary in PES. I am no only sure if the UK commentators for example are working the same way, or they are considered the "CHIEF commentators" and the other regions follow their way.

Basically i assume everybody know what i say, just for the record.

The scenario for the commentary comes from other source (out of Greece, assume KONAMI EU, or PES productions), they record it in a studio, without viewing any video or footage, just reading the script, like a radio advertisement. They just need to record their lines 2~3 times in different emotional variation. They are ordered to stick strictly to the scenario and not change lines or add their own preference, or do any corrections, for stings that sound normally in English but in Greek the translation is no relevant or ridiculous

The conclusion is the responsibility for the bad commentary is the department of the PES productions team, that does the montage of the sound and matches the timing of the events with the recorder commentator vocals 100%, even if the commentator is the best in the GALAXY, or the robot of the Windows XP, i think the result will be the same.

Here is the video, unfortunately it is in Greek and without Eng subs , or else i would post both interviews of the Commentary duo, i just place the part with his reactions , when the journalists put him to listen to some full game commentary goofs with his commentary ( Greek). The PES commentator guy is G. THANAILAKIS and he is the one in the middle.

If the timestap doesn't work it starts from 23:13 up to 24:05

Someone mentioned the other day, about the commentary and how bad it is. I will tell you what the two Greek commentators said, they say it in any chance given since 2011 that we have Greek Commentary in PES. I am no only sure if the UK commentators for example are working the same way, or they are considered the "CHIEF commentators" and the other regions follow their way.

Basically i assume everybody know what i say, just for the record.

The scenario for the commentary comes from other source (out of Greece, assume KONAMI EU, or PES productions), they record it in a studio, without viewing any video or footage, just reading the script, like a radio advertisement. They just need to record their lines 2~3 times in different emotional variation. They are ordered to stick strictly to the scenario and not change lines or add their own preference, or do any corrections, for stings that sound normally in English but in Greek the translation is no relevant or ridiculous

The conclusion is the responsibility for the bad commentary is the department of the PES productions team, that does the montage of the sound and matches the timing of the events with the recorder commentator vocals 100%, even if the commentator is the best in the GALAXY, or the robot of the Windows XP, i think the result will be the same.
The script of the German commentary has also gotten worse over time. 10 years ago, the commentators were definitely able to customize the script, but the lines have gotten more and more generic since then. Here are two interviews, but they're obviously in German:

Back
Top Bottom