eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Perhaps its just my recent two month rest from PES talking but my first impression is that this is a decent patch that makes this game a bit more balanced, fun and alive again.

The dribbling is more rigid and shockery perhaps but from a balance perspective this could be what the game needs at this point. Otherwise its just too easy to get out of a nasty situation like in previous patch (from what i remember). Now, you have to pay more attention again towards player positions and button press timings.

Like others have mentioned passing seems a bit faster. This makes it easier to pick out a running player without defenders already in place as soon as the ball arives. More so because it slows down faster as well, so your attacker wont have that much trouble to receive it and continue his run.

Big fan of the increased speed in combination with the faster slowing down here, because its just way easier to put it between defence and keeper or in some open space without overshooting it. And i dont mean overshooting due to a lack of skill; i mean overshooting it because there just wasnt an option to put it in that specific spot to begin with because it would either be too slow (defender would be in position) or too fast (ball goes out of play or keeper gets it).

To close i present you my fav goal of the evening, which turned out to be the winning one also. A nice run from Tevez is spotted by Frank Fabra, who waited for the right moment and then could not give a better pass towards Tevez who dropkicks it in the bottom right corner like a pro.

So yeah, after a very long winter break the 2020 season perhaps still continues for my Boca boys.

One thing I miss soo much from the old PES is the feeling you got when certain players had the ball (Riquelme, Recoba etc). The possibilities felt endless. That individuality is just lost.

If I could just dribble with greater freedom, I think I'd be in a much better position to tolerate the other apparent flaws
Same here,I played a game on my Pes 18 save when I wrote that,and the freedom and lose ball Vs 20 is really something (the rest not so much)

One thing I miss soo much from the old PES is the feeling you got when certain players had the ball (Riquelme, Recoba etc). The possibilities felt endless. That individuality is just lost.

It's still there tho some players like hazard, messi, neymar, ronaldo, robben ( before retired ),

I seldom played divisions and ML, and i had not played the game in a couple of months.
Not sure if it was the latest patch but i can certainly feel a difference both in defending and in dribbling.
In divisions i always pick a team that is at least condition B and these days it has been with Lazio/ Bayern.
I have not felt as dangerous on the wings/goal area since 2011 i believe, i love it. Whereas defesensivelly, i feel i now have control of my players. No more mindlessly tikitaking around my defenders which was a torture in online games.
Timing is key of course, and playing against opponents with 2 connection bars at least.
Love it, fellas. Cheers

Been enjoying dribbling recently, it feels like a quick drop of the shoulder with just left stick is a bit more effective. I've also learned that shot feints work much better when left as late as possible. I won my first pen for ages last night by dummy-ing the keeper, though to be fair he did get the ball! I'm happy for incorrect ref calls in my favour for a change!

I've also gone back (from manual) to advanced shooting and it's been fun, especially seeing controlled shots again AND having the ability to do low R2 shots and just low shots in general is really lovely - scoring an old school Thierry Henry special with R2 has taken me back to the good old pes days.

The big caveat relating to the elements of this post is that my created player that I use in my fixed-cursor ML has unbelievable stats which obviously helps make dribbling and shooting more fun.

I've got so much footage waiting to be edited, mainly atrocious refereeing decisions, but a few nice moves and goals; even moments of my AI teammates performing well!

Been enjoying dribbling recently, it feels like a quick drop of the shoulder with just left stick is a bit more effective. I've also learned that shot feints work much better when left as late as possible. I won my first pen for ages last night by dummy-ing the keeper, though to be fair he did get the ball! I'm happy for incorrect ref calls in my favour for a change!

I've also gone back (from manual) to advanced shooting and it's been fun, especially seeing controlled shots again AND having the ability to do low R2 shots and just low shots in general is really lovely - scoring an old school Thierry Henry special with R2 has taken me back to the good old pes days.

The big caveat relating to the elements of this post is that my created player that I use in my fixed-cursor ML has unbelievable stats which obviously helps make dribbling and shooting more fun.

I've got so much footage waiting to be edited, mainly atrocious refereeing decisions, but a few nice moves and goals; even moments of my AI teammates performing well!

Sounding promising. In all honesty, I haven’t played much against the ai since the update, if at all ... Mainly slogging myc and coop. Which is tiresome. Will maybe start a new ML or Bal if a lot of the positive stuff I’ve heard about ai are true. Will have to find out myself I guess 🧐 .. I just hope serie B Or ligue deux deux isnt gonna be a long ball slog still 😖..

Sounding promising. In all honesty, I haven’t played much against the ai since the update, if at all ... Mainly slogging myc and coop. Which is tiresome.

Don't do that to yourself, those 2 modes are soulkillers.
Playing every match as/against CR7, messi, van dijk, et all is very tiresome..

I'd reccomend you to start a ML save, and whenever you get an itch for Human vs Human, play Divisions or friendly match.
Otherwise, online in insufferable in my opinion.

I'd reccomend you to start a ML save, and whenever you get an itch for Human vs Human, play Divisions or friendly match.

Done right, MyClub has huge potential.

Let the noobs move on to PES 2021 and populate MyClub 2020 servers with fellow evo-web players.

Online bliss right there.

Been enjoying dribbling recently, it feels like a quick drop of the shoulder with just left stick is a bit more effective.

See this is my preferred method of dribbling. Unfortunately it usually ends with the AI clattering into and no foul being called lol.

I can draw fouls, but the way the AI batters me when I try the simple moves with the left stick, like I've always done, I should be getting more fouls.

I need the refs to protect me more lol

totally agree and I lose all respect (mostly) for my opponents when I see they have a entirely featured squad and 99% have salah n mbop or cr7 and Messi or salah and Messi Or salah and.. Yh exactly. there’s fun to be had though. I just finished my arsenal rejects team. A midfield of Santi cesc jack nasri and hleb is as incredible to play with as it sounds 🤪.
And an Italian side too.
in previous pes titles I had considered immobile a god.
Nothing has changed.

totally agree and I lose all respect (mostly) for my opponents when I see they have a entirely featured squad and 99% have salah n mbop or cr7 and Messi or salah and Messi Or salah and.. Yh exactly. there’s fun to be had though. I just finished my arsenal rejects team. A midfield of Santi cesc jack nasri and hleb is as incredible to play with as it sounds 🤪.
And an Italian side too.
in previous pes titles I had considered immobile a god.
Nothing has changed.

me and a friend have an entirely bald team on coop called Eggs for breakfast using efb from danish league as a template. Lit AF.😂

Let me just highlight again why everyone on konami team needs sacking.

I just scored a lovely looking goal from a cross - I rarely score let alone score a goal like this.

Saving a replay slot means overwriting one of my prexisting FIVE saves.

Considering the aomunt I've spent on multiple copies of the game annually in the past this is scandalous to me. There needs to be some regulation here.

One moment I'm enjoying yhe game, the next I'm posting on evo-web why the game sucks.

Slot limits needs a patch. - at least 10 save slots and 10 replay slots. 3 ML saves and 5 replays is the digital equivalent of Oliver Twist.

"Please konami, Can I have some more save slots?"

Edit : So I completed the match and won it 1-0. This match I replayed twice and all three games felt different and the results were varied. I cannot put my finger on whether its switching league from EPL to Serie A that has helped or its all the latest patch but only 6 matchday games in, its still the most pleasant/enjoyable that ML has been in a long time for me...(not seen a scripted-feeling 90+2min goal so far!)...which I why I'm calling for more slots so we can enjoy this game to its max.

Last edited:
See this is my preferred method of dribbling. Unfortunately it usually ends with the AI clattering into and no foul being called lol.

I can draw fouls, but the way the AI batters me when I try the simple moves with the left stick, like I've always done, I should be getting more fouls.

I need the refs to protect me more lol

Do you use a real life player aderow or do you make one up to use? I only ask because giving my player the gamesmanship trait (formerly 'malicia') ups the foul count somewhat. I know it would be better if refs were better but I feel like with PES, a lot of the time we have to come up with workarounds or ways to fix the game to our preference.

In many ways the game is still in the PS2 era, with the lack of save slots, leagues, teams etc. As I primarily play on PC it's a bit less of an inconvenience for me but such limitations are so silly for this day and age.

I feel like games generally are like that now. FIfa has very few save slots, too. I am playing Assassin's Creed and you can't save and load anything at all. To replay something you would have to restart the game I guess and get to that point again.

But for PES save slots you can move them to a computer and place them in different folders. It's a pain, but that's a workaround.

Let me just highlight again why everyone on konami team needs sacking.

I just scored a lovely looking goal from a cross - I rarely score let alone score a goal like this.

Saving a replay slot means overwriting one of my prexisting FIVE saves.

Considering the aomunt I've spent on multiple copies of the game annually in the past this is scandalous to me. There needs to be some regulation here.

One moment I'm enjoying yhe game, the next I'm posting on evo-web why the game sucks.

Slot limits needs a patch. - at least 10 save slots and 10 replay slots. 3 ML saves and 5 replays is the digital equivalent of Oliver Twist.

"Please konami, Can I have some more save slots?"

Edit : So I completed the match and won it 1-0. This match I replayed twice and all three games felt different and the results were varied. I cannot put my finger on whether its switching league from EPL to Serie A that has helped or its all the latest patch but only 6 matchday games in, its still the most pleasant/enjoyable that ML has been in a long time for me...(not seen a scripted-feeling 90+2min goal so far!)...which I why I'm calling for more slots so we can enjoy this game to its max.
DOT NOT use "save replay" to save plain highlights dude. Use the PS4 "SHARE BUTTON" double tap capture possibility. That's what i do at all, i do not bother with replay slots.
I agree that the slots are very limited as most slots for things in this game, kit images, stadium images, etc,etc, but until the give something larger , just use the share function capturing.

@PeterC10 ps2 era?? we are worst than ps2 era. pes5 and pes6, PC versions had 39 slots x 9? or 10? folders to swap. Formation slots the same, 3 now, 10 x 39 x (9or10) back then! Thats worse than the ps2 era, not still!! :)

It's still there tho some players like hazard, messi, neymar, ronaldo, robben ( before retired ),

I agree.
I bought Lobato and Matondo, two wing attackers and it´s a joy to play with them.
They are young, agile and fast. I love building them up, denying every offer they get from other clubs and really hope they never wanna leave by themselves.
I have some kind of connections with other players either.

I feel like games generally are like that now. FIfa has very few save slots, too. I am playing Assassin's Creed and you can't save and load anything at all. To replay something you would have to restart the game I guess and get to that point again.

But for PES save slots you can move them to a computer and place them in different folders. It's a pain, but that's a workaround.

I don't think this is possible on XBox. (Sounds like it might be a workaround for PS4 and PC)

DOT NOT use "save replay" to save plain highlights dude. Use the PS4 "SHARE BUTTON" double tap capture possibility. That's what i do at all, i do not bother with replay slots.
I agree that the slots are very limited as most slots for things in this game, kit images, stadium images, etc,etc, but until the give something larger , just use the share function capturing.

Yeh I thought about that but then I thought I might want to watch the replay in future and watch from various pitch positions which you can't do on the PS4 save replay function.

I spend more time figuring out workarounds than actually playing the game.

In many ways the game is still in the PS2 era, with the lack of save slots, leagues, teams etc. As I primarily play on PC it's a bit less of an inconvenience for me but such limitations are so silly for this day and age.

Pes on Ps4 has at least 4 times the size of Ps2 games database though. It's not Fifa or Football Manager database but it's huge compared to Ps2 games where you only had the first 5 major leagues.

I agree.
I bought Lobato and Matondo, two wing attackers and it´s a joy to play with them.
They are young, agile and fast. I love building them up, denying every offer they get from other clubs and really hope they never wanna leave by themselves.
I have some kind of connections with other players either.

I use Matondo currently as an impact sub when My 39 Year old Pablo Hernandez gets tired, ( about 55 minutes).
Works well.

I don't think this is possible on XBox. (Sounds like it might be a workaround for PS4 and PC)

Yeh I thought about that but then I thought I might want to watch the replay in future and watch from various pitch positions which you can't do on the PS4 save replay function.

I spend more time figuring out workarounds than actually playing the game.
Yes i know me too :) :D
Here is my workaround:
Tiet1: If i think the goal is so amazing and unique, i save it in the original 10 slots. (Just to add here, from September until today, i have saved only 2 replays. For me this doesn't seem a PES of extra amazing of fascinating goals. Most goals are more or less repeatable.

Tier2: Good goals, but i have achieved something similar in the past. I capture it with SHARE, and if the default replay angle doesn't help, which is usual, i go and search for an angle manually, in replay menu. Also the available angles dont help much either.

Tier3: I capture straight the default replay and if it is bad angle, i go to highlights and tryto capture from there. Speaking of goals always. Talking about other highlights, it is still a pain in the @$$, what the AI considers a highlight.

In an ideal world from KONAMI perspective would have many slots to make our videos calmly and the wholre replay mechanism would be more flexible than the current limited, since PS2 replay mechanism , that works from whistle to whistle.

In an other ideal world, we would capture the whole match and then have monster PCs with high-end video editing programmes, to make the tailoring.

In our real world, it is what it is. If you want to play something better than the out of the box product, you must live with a 50-50 formula, 50% of hard work, workarounds, tricks, editing, fixes etc, and 50% of play the game.

Pes on Ps4 has at least 4 times the size of Ps2 games database though. It's not Fifa or Football Manager database but it's huge compared to Ps2 games where you only had the first 5 major leagues.

Yes there are more teams and leagues now, but compared to FIFA in the PS2 era is still pretty shallow. Also adding the new leagues (Belgium, Denmark etc) caused a big issue last year with some division two leagues being removed. Just hope that this is something that is improved in the next generation.

Back
Top Bottom