eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I'm newish to PES (2020 was the first time) since ditching FIFA after FIFA 18. I was a full manual player, so playing full manual PES. Does anyone have a recommended camera that suits playing manual more ?

I'm newish to PES (2020 was the first time) since ditching FIFA after FIFA 18. I was a full manual player, so playing full manual PES. Does anyone have a recommended camera that suits playing manual more ?
Everyone will have a different opinion. Lots like really zoomed out to see the pitch , I was brought up using the radar and zoomed in more plus zoomed in I feel more in the game

Konami manage to amaze me every year and they've done it again. I noticed my opponent had a 53 rated LB and a 60 odd rated CM so I went into game plans for a number of teams and what a mess. So many players in the default lineups aren't remotely in the correct positions and there's often better options on the bench or in the reserves. I should not be buying a professionally made football game and having to spend time putting the bloody players in the right positions myself, ridiculous laziness from Konami once again and the usual complete contempt for their customers.

They want to count themselves lucky they've got such a loyal fanbase because they absolutely don't deserve it.

Konami manage to amaze me every year and they've done it again. I noticed my opponent had a 53 rated LB and a 60 odd rated CM so I went into game plans for a number of teams and what a mess. So many players in the default lineups aren't remotely in the correct positions and there's often better options on the bench or in the reserves.
The AI changes the default lineups according to form for every game so they don't really matter. Are you sure the 53 rated LB wasn't just in bad form/tired while the 60 rated one wasn't?

I play with auto lineups on and for my team the AI once picked a 69avg striker instead of the 81 striker cause the 81 striker was on down arrow+3/4 bar of stamina.

Question about the last gameplay patch, to those who have witnessed the AI switch into "unstoppable goal" mode (usually straight from kick-off) - where they hit amazing first-time passes and e.g. float a cross into an unchallenged striker and score before you've even got chance to select the right player...

...does it still do that?

(If you've never witnessed this, great - if you think they're stoppable, great - this is aimed at folks like me who feel the same way.)

The AI changes the default lineups according to form for every game so they don't really matter. Are you sure the 53 rated LB wasn't just in bad form/tired while the 60 rated one wasn't?

I play with auto lineups on and for my team the AI once picked a 69avg striker instead of the 81 striker cause the 81 striker was on down arrow+3/4 bar of stamina.

This isn't in master league, it's the default lineups that each team has when you play them in a 1 on 1 local match or whatever it's called. Take a look at the Belgian league as an example, so many poorly rated players are in the lineups. The reason they're so poor when you investigate further is because many are in completely the wrong position. In the worst examples I've seen after going through a few leagues there's some defenders playing as CAM or striker while numerous actual strikers sit on the bench!

It seems in some cases they've maybe changed the formations but then not bothered to change the players to fit the new formation.

Question about the last gameplay patch, to those who have witnessed the AI switch into "unstoppable goal" mode (usually straight from kick-off) - where they hit amazing first-time passes and e.g. float a cross into an unchallenged striker and score before you've even got chance to select the right player...

...does it still do that?

(If you've never witnessed this, great - if you think they're stoppable, great - this is aimed at folks like me who feel the same way.)
I dont know if ive ever noticed it as a problem but anyway on legendary ive not seen this once post patch - the AI for me is now both varied and human.

Not turning this into a FIFA compare thread but i remember playing maybe last year on Ultimate and every pass was crazy perfect and almost every shot a goal. This PES legendary the AI is tough but make mistakes, mis placed passes, wide shots etc but at the same time do some really clever build ups.

My score lines on legendary league FUMA are now as Liverpool

Lost 3 nil to man u
Drew 0 0 with palace
Beat Aston Villa 1 nil
Beat PES United 2-1 (the was my latest game and even won a penalty with Salah - will share vid)

Wow. There is a catch up bug in 2021? Why again? It was removed last year....
Cpu still doesnt dribble.
Keepers are way too overpowered.
Defenders are way too overpowered.
AI cheats.

I cant play more than a half. Its just a one note game. Robotic, boring, annoying.

for some reason I got completely different opinion, what difficulty u playing mate?

Wanted to check out how Legend plays perhapos cpu dribbles there (low hopes). So i set up an exhibition(!) match, Barnsley - Liverpool on Superstar to unlock Legend. It turned out Barnsley defence plays like prime Italy defence. Its just an annoying game all over place.

don't have this kind of problems, any of them, on my ML FUMA Top Player difficulty mate, seriously.
also individuality is there, I lost to West Ham with my newly promoted Derby, cos Lanzini was banging goals like John Terry his team mates wives.

don't have this kind of problems, any of them, on my ML FUMA Top Player difficulty mate, seriously.
also individuality is there, I lost to West Ham with my newly promoted Derby, cos Lanzini was banging goals like John Terry his team mates wives.
The game even allows offside goals if its in favour of the cpu. Of course that no name 64 rated player chipped over Alisson without an effort.
jnuxFjZ.jpg

Saw people mentioning catch up bug before but think they're mistaking the impact of (the lack of) stamina with it.

EDIT: One can also predict it being a thing on Legend difficulty, I confess I'm not good enough to go above SS (and I really should be playing Top Player at most xD)

Last edited:
Wanted to check out how Legend plays perhapos cpu dribbles there (low hopes). So i set up an exhibition(!) match, Barnsley - Liverpool on Superstar to unlock Legend. It turned out Barnsley defence plays like prime Italy defence. Its just an annoying game all over place.

Im crap at the game and play Pro, everything you see or dont, is the opposite at this level. Thats playing Cups atm (not Master League) so cant comment if TS is dicking the game or not.

But still, plenty of fun for an old crusty pad merchant :COAT:

I didn't think exhibition matches counted towards unlocking legend I thought it had to be in competition mode

Anyway I'll post some vids of fuma in legendary , best mode by far and the AI doesn't cheat and you can dribble around the AI with no issues. I'll post them tomorrow

I didn't think exhibition matches counted towards unlocking legend I thought it had to be in competition mode

Anyway I'll post some vids of fuma in legendary , best mode by far and the AI doesn't cheat and you can dribble around the AI with no issues. I'll post them tomorrow

When you say best mode by far...in terms of what? enjoyment,realism. Haven't unlocked it yet this year. I'm just playing friendlies on TP until I start a ML.

Exhibition matches do in fact count when trying to unlock legend difficulty.

Wow. There is a catch up bug in 2021? Why again? It was removed last year....
Cpu still doesnt dribble.
Keepers are way too overpowered.
Defenders are way too overpowered.
AI cheats.

I cant play more than a half. Its just a one note game. Robotic, boring, annoying.
Cpu doesn't challenge with dribbles that's true. But it does now make full field runs with the ball if there is space, so that's an improvement. Keepers are overpowered? I think this issue might be due to playing on higher difficulties than Top Player. Same goes for overpowered defending. And yes the AI does cheat on difficulties higher than Professional. You're a modder, you know this already.

The game is honestly significantly better now that the AI doesn't score every chance they have it makes a massive difference to the enjoyability of the game. But it's not like Pes 2021 suddenly became a 10/10 game. It just got better from what it was. I would give it a solid 7/10 for now. Not great, but enjoyable with friends trying to win Master League.

Cpu doesn't challenge with dribbles that's true. But it does now make full field runs with the ball if there is space, so that's an improvement. Keepers are overpowered? I think this issue might be due to playing on higher difficulties than Top Player. Same goes for overpowered defending. And yes the AI does cheat on difficulties higher than Professional. You're a modder, you know this already.

The game is honestly significantly better now that the AI doesn't score every chance they have it makes a massive difference to the enjoyability of the game. But it's not like Pes 2021 suddenly became a 10/10 game. It just got better from what it was. I would give it a solid 7/10 for now. Not great, but enjoyable with friends trying to win Master League.

What is shocking that the blatant cheating is there in exhibition games too without TS. I just wanted to point that out perhaps it was too subtle. Also that the update did not really fix any major issue with the game. I see too many very over the top reviews and recommendations for 2021, its still important to know for people who did not like 2020 they should save their money not buying this one.

Back
Top Bottom