eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I'd dare to say the only practical issue with this game is the referee and foul system, though it's tad improved since 2021 launch, and quite improved since 2020 launch.

ADVANCED TACTICS- how many of you use these and if so what is your favourite combinations?

I use hug the touchline/attacking fullbacks mainly.

I'm sure some of you probably don't even use them and use the main att/def strategies in the gameplan screen.

ADVANCED TACTICS- how many of you use these and if so what is your favourite combinations?

I use hug the touchline/attacking fullbacks mainly.

I'm sure some of you probably don't even use them and use the main att/def strategies in the gameplan screen.
I use wingback so that my wingers track back and take part in defending

This is the best online experience I have ever had with PES. It has flaws but on PA0 together with the good responsiveness it is really great. I really urge you offline- guys to give it a try! You might be surprised. :)

Ps; Online Divisions, PA0 and set to similar settings.

Guess this will be updated shortly. Just wait.
Nice! Planning to get the 2021 update today. I was still having fun with 2020 all this time. I'm probably in the minority that loved how the game was playing with DP8. Hopefully this means I'll be even more satisfied with how 2021 plays judging from the recent impressions here.

I know many said around release time that if you hated PES 20 you would most likely hate this.
I'm in the opposite camp, I hated PES 20 but find this one a massive improvement and really do enjoy it. It seems the subtle changes have really brought this one on leaps and bounds. And I don't see these things lightly.

Last edited:
I'm.hooked on legendary now , I think this is the mode where the AI is most varied and creative in attack. Player individuality also.stands out more - against villa I had to concentrate on grealish as was causing no end of problems for me with his crosses, dribbling and even step overs . In defense the AI press more with two players so you have to make the right pass choice and not too risky as you will get punished. Also since patch the barging seems to have been calmed down which makes it a bit fairer

I'm.hooked on legendary now , I think this is the mode where the AI is most varied and creative in attack. Player individuality also.stands out more - against villa I had to concentrate on grealish as was causing no end of problems for me with his crosses, dribbling and even step overs . In defense the AI press more with two players so you have to make the right pass choice and not too risky as you will get punished. Also since patch the barging seems to have been calmed down which makes it a bit fairer

I'm struggling to get enough wins to even unlock legendary :LMAO:

I have to agree... been playing on top player for 2 days now and the AI seems to have more tricks available. Seen some new moves. :)
id say it’s safe to update, at this point.

had an enjoyable 4:2 defeat with Barca vs. PSG. unlocked 2 trophies though. :D

Im still on professional but have noticed since the patch that the AI is more passive now on this level. Theres times where they misplace too many passes for me and times where they don't track a man next to them.

Barcelona-Real has been stuck on an endline camera for the first few minutes and I am sort of into it

Edit: they have now shown the first goal about 20 times in a row, it's absolute pandemonium

Edit again: they showed the Barca goal another 20 times and they only have access to a wide stadium cam so they are just showing replays.
This is the biggest mess I have seen in years

Last edited:
Nice! Planning to get the 2021 update today. I was still having fun with 2020 all this time. I'm probably in the minority that loved how the game was playing with DP8. Hopefully this means I'll be even more satisfied with how 2021 plays judging from the recent impressions here.
I couldn’t stand 2020s DP8! Im glad 2021 is more like the vanilla.

1.5 hours to go...

What game length do you play mate?

I have to say the last patch is indeed a huge gameplay change for the better. I think this changed my playstyle more than what changed from when switching from 2020 to 2021. Played about 10+ matches with 14min games on Top Player.

Pros
+ Defensive Midfielders are finally moving to screen/cut off passes from midfielders to strikers
+ Much less ball tracking and unreactive defender related issues
+ A LOT more misses on AI strikers, leading to almost all of my games being 1-0 games, from mostly 3 goals per side games
+ More aggressive defence and tackling before reaching reaching the final third

Neutral
- Pass power is overall way weaker which gives off weird situations cause the AI underhits it passes a lot. Causing receiving players not to have enough time to turn on the ball. Also a lot more interceptions due to it
- AI defends dribbles a bit too well now, not sure if I like it

Cons
- Wingbacks still way too passive letting people jog through the wing

I'll have to play more before adding anything else.

K so I did buy it coz 30 euros whatever, not like I'm a fiscally responsible person anyway and it feels somewhat ok, granted only played EURO 2020.

Blimp camera's my new fav. Radar off, you can see the entire pitch.

Anyone within EU timezone wants to play the game? I was looking for myclub matches but zero. Official matchmaking is whack I wanna play someone! 🐑

1st win on legendary full manual. 1 nil against villa . Get in.

Couple of controls worth checking - the manual override button when dribbling ,R1 for me , is a good tool for drawing fouls .

Has anyone tried doubling up on what ever action they do before the ball is kicked so for example

Cross field ball I do square and direction the quickly square and direction again before it's kicked and it seems to drive it more , same for passing and shooting

1st win on legendary full manual. 1 nil against villa . Get in.

Couple of controls worth checking - the manual override button when dribbling ,R1 for me , is a good tool for drawing fouls .

Has anyone tried doubling up on what ever action they do before the ball is kicked so for example

Cross field ball I do square and direction the quickly square and direction again before it's kicked and it seems to drive it more , same for passing and shooting
Been saying that for years! Thank you!
I’ve been using the short ground pass the most of all the double press actions (for shorter and low speed passes). hard driven low crosses are nice as well to reach a player faster. But my favorite has to be the low hard shots! :)

Been dabbling in R2 maunual passing, thought id take the leap and go full manual ( for passing ) wow, opens up so many more opportuinities, different variety in goals and new animations, once ive mastered it ill move onto full manual with shooting as well.

For a couple of weeks ago I started ML Offline.
I've built a great squad and I would like to continue with this squad/savegame.
But in this game (incl data pack 2.0) there are 19571 soccerplayers/footballers.

Yesterday I started a new ML Offline incl the data pack 2.0...in this game there are 20795 soccerplayers/footballers.

Is there a way to get all the soccerplayers 207951 of the second ML Offline game in my first savegame or do I really need to start ML Offline all over again?

For a couple of weeks ago I started ML Offline.
I've built a great squad and I would like to continue with this squad/savegame.
But in this game (incl data pack 2.0) there are 19571 soccerplayers/footballers.

Yesterday I started a new ML Offline incl the data pack 2.0...in this game there are 20795 soccerplayers/footballers.

Is there a way to get all the soccerplayers 207951 of the second ML Offline game in my first savegame or do I really need to start ML Offline all over again?
you have to start a new one when you want the DP2 players to appear. sadly there is no way around it.

Back
Top Bottom