eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Can win and direct headers from the cpu kick off post patch. Pre patch even if you did manage to win one it went straight to the cpu but know it seems fair or it works. Cpu is less powerfull in their box. Some players like Oriol Romeu for southampton with a few really dirty unnecessary tackles, nice. One that injured Pogba, its bad when you're happy to see injuries. Yeah i've a reason to rotate my squad. Only issue was first one could have been a red but was just a warning, second one was a def red, just got a yellow. AI still too lenient with the cpu

So far, I like this patch. AI definitely seems to be improved:
  • cpu has more variety in its passing and attacking play;
  • cpu plays passes into space for team-mates to run on to;
  • cpu not "sucked/scripted" to the ball to get to it before you nearly as much as before;
  • cpu perfect clearance straight to unmarked attacker on half-way line finally seems to be reduced;
  • cpu defenders less over-powered;
  • cpu players seem to play more to their stats;
  • when cpu gets its "boost", it is not as strong as before, so the game is still enjoyable;
  • cpu attackers becoming brick walls when they shield the ball is toned down;
  • AI awareness further improved;
  • playing on fixed cursor now feels really good for an entire match (probably as good as PES2018) because your AI team-mates seem to be far more reliable, more consistently aware of the ball, more intuitive on the ball, link up better with you, seem to be playing like actual footballers.
It's like Konami finally focussed on making the AI less shit. Maybe Seabass intervened and helped out the work-experience guy they had doing the AI for the past 2 or 3 years. Or maybe after a few more matches I'll start to notice all the problems have just been thinly disguised.

Overall, the game has also been rebalanced to be less blatantly in favour of the cpu all the time, making it far less infuriating (as you knew you were constantly being cheated) and so is far more enjoyable now.
  • eg. you can now physically challenge the cpu and not get fouls called against you all the time, when if the cpu did the same to you, it was never called a foul. It really feels like there are genuine 50/50s now;
  • the ball isn't scripted to squirt back to the cpu after every challenge like it always use to;
  • cpu is more human, more errors, more misplaced passes, more variety, less robotic;
This patch really encourages me to try more things again, both in attack and defence, things I'd stopped doing previously because it was 95% certain to not work or have an outcome that favoured the cpu. It is definitely a bit easier now, but I'd prefer to play this and have fun than play a game that is hard only because it constantly and obviously cheats.

Good stuff, Konami.

Last edited:
Is it me or the PA0 is a bit assisted after the update? That or the players react to the pass better. I rarely missplaced simple passes anymore. Felt like what PA1 should be or maybe its just a placebo or me thinking too much

only managed to play 2 matches last night. PSV vs. Feyenoord (because i wanted to play with Götze) and ManUnited vs. Arsenal.
i couldnt find anything that was bothering my during these 2 matches (thats good), but its early playtime with the latest update and i just need to play more (will do this weekend).
did not see differences in dribbling or refs yet. the shooting seemed a tad "lighter"... AI variance seemed a bit upped...
again, its way to early for me to judge on this, but be asured: i'll let you know guys! :BYE:

Last edited:
Best Football simulation of all time imo.. sometimes it can get boring as watching a boring and ordinary match on TV...
I'm sold if they only re-write REFREE programming for 2022...

I still get frustrated at the magnetised scrap in a close foot race....the forward hardly ever wins, even with strength and pace, you just feel like balls over the top or close 1v1 grapples only ever end up with the defender.

Is it me or the PA0 is a bit assisted after the update? That or the players react to the pass better. I rarely missplaced simple passes anymore. Felt like what PA1 should be or maybe its just a placebo or me thinking too much
I swear I saw players react better to the passes (as in "making curved runs to get to the ball", a thing that was unconceivable in 2020) bur I don't know if it's something introduced in this update or if it's something that was already there from the beginning. Need to "downgrade" to the very first version of the game to see if they are present there too.

Wow... Steady on... I actually had a pen awarded to me. Granted it was Neymar. Haha.
So, bad refs confirmed (he must have definitely dived, no way).

Jokes apart, refs are still a problem for me at times. I mean, I've been hacked down while getting past a defender (and possibly 1-on-1 with the keeper) and I got nothing, yet a defender of mine got booked for getting the ball and just "trading paint" with the ball carrier.

Last edited:
I still get frustrated at the magnetised scrap in a close foot race....the forward hardly ever wins, even with strength and pace, you just feel like balls over the top or close 1v1 grapples only ever end up with the defender.
here is a tip for you brother... when you are shoulder to shoulder.... run with supercancel (R1+R2).. automatically pushing defender animation is triggered and you win 90% percent of duels even in LEGEND difficulty (unless your forward is not a very weak player)

Anybody got a list of what real names other European teams should be? Some are obvious I know but some aren't so obvious. Do these teams actually go into Europa League because I don't think I've seen any in there.

just by the way:
i had a wonderful 45 min discussion with a good friend of mine on the phone 2 days ago.
on a side note, he recommended watching that Jordan docu on netflix; "the last dance". while we were talking about it, i could sense how pationate he was about it and how he liked watching it so much. i already thought of watching it but never did...
i remembered when we were kids and hang at the skate park or played basektball or football with the neighbourhood kids. i then asked him if part of that enjoyment during watching the docu (these days) has something to do with his passion when we were kids... and he agreed! absolutly, he said, he was young and like "dough", sucking in everything and enjoying life as a kid. it was a formative time (is that correct!?).
i followed by telling him about our pationate community and how that kinda resembles to PES5/6 in my head. he agreed again and added that it seems to him like the same pattern.
we were like sponges back then, young and fresh, not easy to inspire but "truer", childlike!

whatever... all you guys, enjoy the PES you like!!! for me, the newer titles are the way to go, while i still have high appriciation for the older titles!! only this direct comparison to games i enjoyed 20 years ago isnt working for me personally!

i dont want to start a new debate about this topic, i just want to add to the topic, as i felt it could be helpful. :BYE:

Last edited:
Anybody got a list of what real names other European teams should be? Some are obvious I know but some aren't so obvious. Do these teams actually go into Europa League because I don't think I've seen any in there.

Which ones you referring to mate?

There are some teams that are like proper fakes. They have stupid names.

The others like Aves etc... are easy to work out.

I don't know if they go in the Europa League. They used to on older titles cos they were a massive bug bare of mine for years cos you couldn't edit them all and always had 2 or 3 fake teams in the European Competitions.

here is a tip for you brother... when you are shoulder to shoulder.... run with supercancel (R1+R2).. automatically pushing defender animation is triggered and you win 90% percent of duels even in LEGEND difficulty (unless your forward is not a very weak player)
Thank you very much for taking the time to suggest that. I’ll give it a go...appreciate it buddy

I have a question that I hope someone can help me out with.

I have so far managed to hold off buying PES 2021 as I decided to wait to see if Konami butchered the game after the first patch. This has been so difficult for me as I have every single version of the game going back to the ISS days. Reading the views so far it seems the game is still holding up well and maybe even improved again after the patch.

I have always previously purchased the game on disc but am now considering buying digital this time as I have two lads who are both really into PES. We are fortunate enough to have two PS4's so I know that if I buy on disc they will be arguing about who gets to play first etc as they both like doing their own Master Leagues. Am I right in thinking that if I buy digital then I can install it on both consoles so that my lads can both play the game at the same time?

I have so far managed to hold off buying PES 2021 as I decided to wait to see if Konami butchered the game after the first patch. This has been so difficult for me as I have every single version of the game going back to the ISS days. Reading the views so far it seems the game is still holding up well and maybe even improved again after the patch.

I have always previously purchased the game on disc but am now considering buying digital this time as I have two lads who are both really into PES. We are fortunate enough to have two PS4's so I know that if I buy on disc they will be arguing about who gets to play first etc as they both like doing their own Master Leagues. Am I right in thinking that if I buy digital then I can install it on both consoles so that my lads can both play the game at the same time?
That's my understanding via game share or whatever it's called ..hope so anyway as I plan on having on ps5 and ps4

Yes,
Log in on one of the ps4’s with the other players account. Go to the far right of the main screen to select library. Scroll down to purchases and you should see it there. Set it to download.

You then have to go to settings. Account management and set the ps4 as your primary ps4.

Once that is done, you can log back into the original account on that ps4 and you will see it downloading on the home screen.

The other ps4 ( the one you decide to download it on first ) will only be able to play the game with an internet connection) if there isn’t one, you will see a lock symbol on the game .
Me and my friend have done it for a few years and are in completely different countries. Works really well.

Can even play co op online together. Not that we do that because the game is so bad online.

I haven’t bought FIFA or PES this year after last year. Both were a complete let down for me.

Yes,
Log in on one of the ps4’s with the other players account. Go to the far right of the main screen to select library. Scroll down to purchases and you should see it there. Set it to download.

You then have to go to settings. Account management and set the ps4 as your primary ps4.

Once that is done, you can log back into the original account on that ps4 and you will see it downloading on the home screen.

The other ps4 ( the one you decide to download it on first ) will only be able to play the game with an internet connection) if there isn’t one, you will see a lock symbol on the game .
Me and my friend have done it for a few years and are in completely different countries. Works really well.

Can even play co op online together. Not that we do that because the game is so bad online.

I haven’t bought FIFA or PES this year after last year. Both were a complete let down for me.

Thanks - Sounds Ideal

Which ones you referring to mate?

There are some teams that are like proper fakes. They have stupid names.

The others like Aves etc... are easy to work out.

I don't know if they go in the Europa League. They used to on older titles cos they were a massive bug bare of mine for years cos you couldn't edit them all and always had 2 or 3 fake teams in the European Competitions.
Cheers for reply mate.
I'm pretty sure that none of these other European teams go into the Europa League.
Some of the teams are obscure Danish, Swiss etc 2nd Division teams so personally not going to be use them. I'm going to edit them into more English teams and can then use them for F.A cup (konami cup) competition 🙂

For those holding out hope that Konami will fix the fouls and COM free kicks, we gotta realize that it's part of Konami's game design and they aren't interested in fixing it. Let's be honest, Konami loves scripting, especially in ML, it's always been there. Has anyone played a derby match in ML? The COM will essentially break your legs with their tackling and the refs will not call anything. But if you slightly bump them, you get called for a foul and probably a booking.

Since last patch the game seems much more responsive. I think they have decreased the time between the first control of the player when receive the ball and the next touch. Seems like PES 2020 demo.

I think the patch has made finesse shooting on manual much more consistent. I was finding them to be almost pot luck but they seem to have tightened them up so that when I aim they do tend to go generally in the right direction. Before the patch they would be wildly off target most of the time

Back
Top Bottom