eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I was playing MyClub regularly till yesterday, but I have enough of it already. Not because the game is bad, but because people playing like retarded spastics, exploiting every possible way and basically being a twats. Screw this, I said to myself finally, I am not gonna go rage and mad just because some idiot on the other side of the screen.

So now only FUMA ML and I found my Zen and my peace. And I absolutely love it.

I am going to try that myself but does the AI offer stiff competition and what level is best to play on?

It would be great if others could comment on this as well. I too want to find my zen :(

I am going to try that myself but does the AI offer stiff competition and what level is best to play on?

It would be great if others could comment on this as well. I too want to find my zen :(
Obviously difficulty level may differ from your skills, for myself Top Player is the most suitable. Currently with Roma I am on 6 position - 36pts, 11W 3D 6L 26 Goals for and 17 Against. I would say pretty much realistic results.

And the game? Man... 15 min, Top Player, Klashman tactics implemented and Full Manual is the only way to have this game to play like a real match in the TV.

Just bear in mind, that full manual, especially shooting, maybe very challenging on the beginning. Passes are easy to learn as you passing all the time, but shots not so much :). But stick with it and you will love it. Till now I was always having an approach like "nah, FUMA is not for me, I am 32, did play game since fifa 97 and I am not able to learn manual controls, don't have time for it". Well, as it states it's not that much of a time needed to learn and enjoy playing footy game once again. Give it a go, you will like it if you looking for some kind of simulation of football. If you want a bit more causal/arcade maybe PA1 would be a better choice tho.

I was playing on other controls yesterday and i am convinced that other assists effect how manual manual is
For example having advanced shooting seem to tame manual slightly
As does having basic through ball
Manual shooting , adv through ball and manual pass seems to make the ball feel more loose - strange but i have thought it for a while and my thinking was does the ball need to behave slightly different to work with advanced shooting/basic through ball

I noticed it the other week too when i was 2 nil down on SS and hadn't scored for a few games and at half time i went back to basic through ball. Suddenly in the next half my crosses were that bit more accurate and i drew the game from two crosses and headed goals (not through ball crosses, manual crosses)

I was playing on other controls yesterday and i am convinced that other assists effect how manual manual is
For example having advanced shooting seem to tame manual slightly
As does having basic through ball
Manual shooting , adv through ball and manual pass seems to make the ball feel more loose - strange but i have thought it for a while and my thinking was does the ball need to behave slightly different to work with advanced shooting/basic through ball

I noticed it the other week too when i was 2 nil down on SS and hadn't scored for a few games and at half time i went back to basic through ball. Suddenly in the next half my crosses were that bit more accurate and i drew the game from two crosses and headed goals (not through ball crosses, manual crosses)

Not sure I understood that correctly mate but do you mean PA0, basic through ball/manual shooting made the ball more alive or PA0 adv through balls/manual shooting? :)

on my first season in EPL as Watford we're tied on top of the league with Man City with only 4 games to go
I have only 8 players from the original team.. i have been able to pretty much rebuild the squad on 3 transfer windows. depending on the squad, the TS varies from 92 to 78.. so it's not bad.
I'm playing on Top Player, Full Manual, 10 minute matches.

I'm enjoying the game even if i keep winning pretty much every match, only by 1 or 2 goals, tho. I have only scored more than 3 goals once in ~90 matches with this team.

I was thinking, would you reccomend switching to Superstar to increase the difficulty or it will be a frustrating experience? I mean, is it balanced?
what about legend?

I mainly sold it, as thought stupid to cancel the pre-order.
+ Getting the PS5 on launch and will keep that, unless they are selling for stupid money too.

Xbox Series X are going up in value and selling for around £800 - £900 at the moment.
Not sure I understood that correctly mate but do you mean PA0, basic through ball/manual shooting made the ball more alive or PA0 adv through balls/manual shooting? :)
No the opposite, manual pass, manual shoot and adv through ball compared to the other methods

Master league.. Players with flashing arrows. What is the meaning for this?

Doesn't mean they are super up for it? Played a good previous game? Just random?

Ive always played those player those players, but now I'm questioning why they get those flashing arrows lol

Why arent there a gold ball, black ball,silver ball etc leagues too? Where u can only use these players in your team and each gives u separate ranking as they are separate competitions.

Guys regarding manual passing near the opposition box, any tips?

I keep giving the ball away most of the time and it's very frustrating. Intricate passes, I just can't seem to do. It's costing me alot of games in master league unfortunately. So frustrating

Master league.. Players with flashing arrows. What is the meaning for this?

Doesn't mean they are super up for it? Played a good previous game? Just random?

Ive always played those player those players, but now I'm questioning why they get those flashing arrows lol

flashing arrows show when players are extra motivated for this match, it happens when you play a rival club..
from time to time you'll get a player with flashing upwards arrow for a few matches in a row, it means he will develop his stats a lot if you play him.. for my team, Joao Pedro was flashing like this and it lasted a good 6 7 matches. His overall rating was increased from 75 to 78 in this period

Guys regarding manual passing near the opposition box, any tips?

I keep giving the ball away most of the time and it's very frustrating. Intricate passes, I just can't seem to do. It's costing me alot of games in master league unfortunately. So frustrating
Don't really use sprint near the edge of the area unless you are only tapping it to ride a challenge. Keep pressing L1 every time you move your player (helps keep the ball under tighter control).

Those two tips should ensure your players are in control before making a pass (which makes it more accurate).

From a tactical point of view, I use fluid formations and tend to overload one side of the pitch and try to get 2v1's on the flank.

If you funnel play through one particular player and are having success, the ai will change to man mark the player, but that should open up space elsewhere to give you a bit more time on the ball and a bit more room for error with passing.

on my first season in EPL as Watford we're tied on top of the league with Man City with only 4 games to go
I have only 8 players from the original team.. i have been able to pretty much rebuild the squad on 3 transfer windows. depending on the squad, the TS varies from 92 to 78.. so it's not bad.
I'm playing on Top Player, Full Manual, 10 minute matches.

I'm enjoying the game even if i keep winning pretty much every match, only by 1 or 2 goals, tho. I have only scored more than 3 goals once in ~90 matches with this team.

I was thinking, would you reccomend switching to Superstar to increase the difficulty or it will be a frustrating experience? I mean, is it balanced?
what about legend?
I would say after the patch superstar are more fun, feels more balanced. Recommend it if top player is too easy.

Legend is tough. It plays actually a good game, challenging. Its in both penalty areas it gets a bit too hard. Feels almost impossible to score at times, while the ai bangs all in.

flashing arrows show when players are extra motivated for this match, it happens when you play a rival club..
from time to time you'll get a player with flashing upwards arrow for a few matches in a row, it means he will develop his stats a lot if you play him.. for my team, Joao Pedro was flashing like this and it lasted a good 6 7 matches. His overall rating was increased from 75 to 78 in this period

Thanks pal. Makes sense as it was the Manchester Derby. Nearly the whole team were flashing like a Christmas tree. Thanks again pal. Good to know they can develop quite substantially if used for those matches.

Do we know what are the benefits for pes2021 on ps5? Silenced game? 4K 60fps or more? Quicker loading times? Option files compatible? Any info?
Option files yes , I thought pro could do 4k 60fps? It's probably going to be quicker at loading as it has a very fast ssd , looking at some comparison vids with other games the ps5 is silent

Do we know what are the benefits for pes2021 on ps5? Silenced game? 4K 60fps or more? Quicker loading times? Option files compatible? Any info?
well, OF import was fortunately confirmed. we just have to import the images seperatly, afaik.
4kish/60 it was on PS4, maybe checkerboarded or dynamic, not sure.

the benefits i see are faster loading times and a more silent console (IF you were plagued by the jet engine). some minor graphical improvements might be in as well, imo.

playing this game while high is some motherfucking shit. Fantastic game, with much more glaring weaknesses when you are focused on the details. The AI needs fix, the awareness of your team needs fixing, the ball physics when rebounded, are kinda scripted. Manual playing has some bad attacking player switching too, collisions need some work too
But the moves, the passing, the possibilities, the free flowing football, my godddd, it's such an improvement from FIFA. I cannot understand how a fan of the sport could play FIFA instead of PES, it's an occasion where the "facts" destroy the "preferences". I played fifa 08 until fifa 20, getting Division 1 on each year, that shit is trash - such a bad, nonsense, arcady, over the top and underwhelming football experience. Looking forward to PES next gen, hopefully it's a less assisted game (assisted players).

Is it me or is master league substantially harder than exhibition mode? So frustrating getting beaten by teams I'd usually wipe the floor with lol

Ijust started my 3rd season in ML as Watford
my team spirit is in the mid 90s and they frankly play great now. Now, there's noticeable changes in both defense and attack AI response & proactivity.

my first 3 matches were ManUtd, Liverpool & Barcelona (UCL) and i managed to win al 3 despite being bombarded left and right, loved these matches.
Liverpool had something like 17 shots and i managed toscore on a counter. 1 chance, 1 goal.
the other 2 i won on set pieces, FKs and a corner. It has been really balanced except for the fact that my new GK (Henderson) is just unbeatable.

Loving this game, starting today i will upgrade to Superstar

Ijust started my 3rd season in ML as Watford
my team spirit is in the mid 90s and they frankly play great now. Now, there's noticeable changes in both defense and attack AI response & proactivity.

my first 3 matches were ManUtd, Liverpool & Barcelona (UCL) and i managed to win al 3 despite being bombarded left and right, loved these matches.
Liverpool had something like 17 shots and i managed toscore on a counter. 1 chance, 1 goal.
the other 2 i won on set pieces, FKs and a corner. It has been really balanced except for the fact that my new GK (Henderson) is just unbeatable.

Loving this game, starting today i will upgrade to Superstar
Are you playing on manual?

I think the most frustrating thing about taking the survey the last 2 years is how the first questions are about myclub and online in general. I get it that's their priority. All it does is give me reason not to buy your game.

Mine is 87,surely that's high enough. I am now playing manual on professional whereas usually I'm playing pa1 on top player. Maybe I'm not quite good enough on manual yet.

Mine was 98 and my teammates still play like trash. Granted my teammates are AI because I play fixed cursor.

BAL is pointless and ML just hasn't fun to play the last 2 games because of how poor the AI is.

Are you playing on manual?

Yes sir, PA0.
Basic shooting, tho. I dont get any fun/satisfaction from advanced shooting.. or maybe it's too difficult for me.

I had a hard time trying to switch the spring button to R1 as it was intended but it was impossible for me.
20+ years of muscular memory its just too much. It's not just running, but bringing the gk out, super cancel, etc..
So i keep using triangle as sprint, R1 to through pass

Up to top player no difference whatsoever imho.

Superstar is when it gets harder because you get handicapped, AI is more or less the same imho. Compared to past editions I hardly see epic goals, kick-off goals, fantastic equalizations, 90+7 minute screamers, etc.

Hardly seeing a difference between superstar and legend, actually was fairly refreshing to see AI miss shots and having 70-low 80% pass accuracy on those levels.

Top Player is the max difficulty level in the game, anything above that is just in case you want to fight your controller a little bit. Shame coz a fair Superstar would actually be fairly good.

Speaking of ML obv, managed to win EUR0 2020 with Serbia on superstar with one goal conceded. That's what happens when your controls actually work.
Not completely true, today I started a ML with AC Milan on Top Player and got 3 points out of 15 from the first 5 games.
Always the case when you pick a rather strong side to play with, scenario is always the same: first games are hard and you get cheated and you have to close the gap with the middle of the league table
If you would pick a mediocre team, you would get better results in the game, that's how PES works the latest years.

Back
Top Bottom