eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Cheers pal. I still play now albeit not a high level and speed is my attribute for getting past someone mixed with a simple feint or quick footwork. You can replicate this on pes which is good.

Thanks mate. Like realife, I just use a mixture of speed and a feint with the dip of the shoulder or a shot cancel. I think using a good player with good dribbling stats make a difference, such as F. Anderson /Neymar or dybla.
To be fair everytime I do a trick, more times than not, I give the ball away. The over running thing when you end up giving the ball to the defender is so annoying and I do this often especially on the counter.

Finesse dribble is still r2 I assume? Wasn't sure if it was still present in the latest pes game. I don't remember using it last year.

Right stick if you haven’t changed anything around. 🤔 not even sure you can re-map it as I’ve seen a lot of people prefer it to be R2.

Right stick if you haven’t changed anything around. 🤔 not even sure you can re-map it as I’ve seen a lot of people prefer it to be R2.
Cheers pal. I remember a few PESs ago you could use r2 to do a real slow close control dribble. I don't think it works on this one, not to be honest. I just use the left and right stick nowadays to be honest.

So it has been 2 weeks now since the update, do people prefer how it plays now? A lot seems to have improved but a really annoying thing for me is the amount of fouls being given for absolutely nothing.. sort of ruins the flow of the game, I'm sure this wasn't the case with vanilla?

Life has been....eventful so PES has been the last thing on my mind. But I finally got around to playing it.

The first thing I remembered was how disappointing BAL is as an experience but I'm not gonna rehash that again.

I started a ML save with Lyon. Put my created fixed cursor player on them and a few signings later, I was sitting at 98 TS so at least I didn't have to worry about that modifier.

I played a few matches the other night with the idea of writing a post about what I'd like Konami to work on going forward but frankly, I'm just too tired to at this point.

I've done plenty writing this year on the subject so I'll keep this shortish. I got on here a few weeks back reading comments about how some believed gameplay had improved etc etc. I think it's great if people find the update more palatable than 2020 but personally I didn't see it.

The AI is bad. Bad positioning, bad decision making, bad overall awareness. Just bad.

Let's take a second and ignore modes and features and bells and whistles. Konami can't control the way people choose to play this video game. What they can control is the foundation upon which everything else stands on and that is the AI imo.

The AI should be capable of playing something that resembles real life football. That's what I want me than anything.

So that's all I have to say tbf. Between my mom's cancer and this massive headache of an election, I'm too tired grab more evidence of what we already know about the game lol. Here's to hoping that Konami focuses on the fundamentals of football going forward.

I hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe. Peace.

So it has been 2 weeks now since the update, do people prefer how it plays now? A lot seems to have improved but a really annoying thing for me is the amount of fouls being given for absolutely nothing.. sort of ruins the flow of the game, I'm sure this wasn't the case with vanilla?
The more the better, still not enough to simulate real football. Besides, cards for fouls are to fix more than anything else, as we speak about it. Sometimes player got his leg broken in three pieces and ref not even thinking about booking the offender.

Life has been....eventful so PES has been the last thing on my mind. But I finally got around to playing it.

The first thing I remembered was how disappointing BAL is as an experience but I'm not gonna rehash that again.

I started a ML save with Lyon. Put my created fixed cursor player on them and a few signings later, I was sitting at 98 TS so at least I didn't have to worry about that modifier.

I played a few matches the other night with the idea of writing a post about what I'd like Konami to work on going forward but frankly, I'm just too tired to at this point.

I've done plenty writing this year on the subject so I'll keep this shortish. I got on here a few weeks back reading comments about how some believed gameplay had improved etc etc. I think it's great if people find the update more palatable than 2020 but personally I didn't see it.

The AI is bad. Bad positioning, bad decision making, bad overall awareness. Just bad.

Let's take a second and ignore modes and features and bells and whistles. Konami can't control the way people choose to play this video game. What they can control is the foundation upon which everything else stands on and that is the AI imo.

The AI should be capable of playing something that resembles real life football. That's what I want me than anything.

So that's all I have to say tbf. Between my mom's cancer and this massive headache of an election, I'm too tired grab more evidence of what we already know about the game lol. Here's to hoping that Konami focuses on the fundamentals of football going forward.

I hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe. Peace.

Sorry to hear about your mum aderow.

I'm similar to you, I go through spells of considering writing stuff down to send to Konami but I don't think they really care about offline players and they certainly don't care about people playing fixed cursor as we do, so I can't be bothered to get in touch with anymore. I started editing my replays into my annual video last night and although I share a lot of your issues with the AI, my team has played some really lovely stuff in an attacking sense. Of course, there are some insane moments but they don't make me pull my hair out anymore, I just shrug and think, 'that's just PES'. I've got half a dozen examples saved of such stupid behaviour, I always imagine if you could see the workings of PES it would be a sea of crossed wires and ancient code which messes the game up in ways the devs have no idea about. That's what it seems like to me when you see some of the AI's behaviour.

Wish you all the best.

The more the better, still not enough to simulate real football. Besides, cards for fouls are to fix more than anything else, as we speak about it. Sometimes player got his leg broken in three pieces and ref not even thinking about booking the offender.
It's not simulating football if you slide tackle and win the ball fairly though. It's pointless using the slide tackle if 9 times out of ten it gets called a foul.

Someone wrote that they see more passing animations on PA1 than PA0. Is that really true? I tried PA1 again yesterday and couldn't really see any difference. But I can see that better passing players (I use Atalanta a lot and Papu Gomez) have more animations even on PA0. Which I believe is another thing that add to opinion that PA0 isn't really fuma, stats do seem to come into play.

So is this worth getting or should stick with 2020 with option files? Is there enough of a difference to justify it?

For those that play Myclub.. Do you have to play online in this mode or can you play it all offline??

Always played ML all my life but open minded to try Myclub. What's the main differences, the online aspect with tournaments etc?

For those that play Myclub.. Do you have to play online in this mode or can you play it all offline??

Always played ML all my life but open minded to try Myclub. What's the main differences, the online aspect with tournaments etc?

MyClub is online only. You will not even be able to look at your team offline
it is probably the most toxic online community i've encountered, and this is something said by someone who played GTA online for a few years religiously..

you will not get to pick your players, they are given to you via a raffle and every match you play you will face teams made out of superstars.
Me for example, haven't even played a match on myclub 2021 but i login to my club everytime i play pes. i have a team comprised of Messi, Ronaldo, Rummenige, Iniesta, Maldini, Kahn, etc.

myclub its bonkers,
0/10
not reccomended at all

Last edited:

You can play exhibition matches and a few offline competitions, but it's pretty basic offline.

MyClub is online only. You will not even be able to look at your team offline
it is probably the most toxic online community i've encountered, and this is something said by someone who played GTA online for a few years religiously..

you will not get to pick your players, they are given to you via a raffle and every match you play you will face teams made out of superstars.
Me for example, haven't even played a match on myclub 2021 but i login to my club everytime i play pes. i have a team comprised of Messi, Ronaldo, Rummenige, Iniesta, Maldini, Kahn, etc.

myclub its bonkers,
0/10
not reccomended at all
Cheers mate. I don't like the sound of that, 39 years old secondary school teacher so not sure I can be faffed with that to be honest. I'll just stick with a new ML, thing is I very rarely do more than 2 seasons as it gets too samey for me. Thanks for the honesty

You can play exhibition matches and a few offline competitions, but it's pretty basic offline.
Cheers fella, I'll give it a swerve esp as I do daily friendlies with the big fixtures in real life.

Regarding ML manual.. What difficulty does everyone play for an enjoyable experience?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mum aderow.

I'm similar to you, I go through spells of considering writing stuff down to send to Konami but I don't think they really care about offline players and they certainly don't care about people playing fixed cursor as we do, so I can't be bothered to get in touch with anymore. I started editing my replays into my annual video last night and although I share a lot of your issues with the AI, my team has played some really lovely stuff in an attacking sense. Of course, there are some insane moments but they don't make me pull my hair out anymore, I just shrug and think, 'that's just PES'. I've got half a dozen examples saved of such stupid behaviour, I always imagine if you could see the workings of PES it would be a sea of crossed wires and ancient code which messes the game up in ways the devs have no idea about. That's what it seems like to me when you see some of the AI's behaviour.

Wish you all the best.

Thank you for the kind words.

I got PES 2020 in January. Within 4 months I had accumulated almost 14 GBs in clips which I turned into at least half a dozen posts with something like 50 clips total describing what I felt were fundamental issues with the game. I really can't do that again. So I share that sentiment.

Your point about the code is one I share as well and not just with PES; I think if you took a deep dive into the code for most, if not all, the sports games you'd a similar mess.

And it always leaves me thinking and wondering, at what point do these companies take the time and invest the money to actual make these games from scratch again. Because I feel like, at some point, they're all going to have to.

I think this is lost in this vast thread and im triggered by it :LMAO: Their survey this time is just 3 pages and on the point, no nonsense finally. AND THERE IS A REFEREE PART TOO. Make sure to fill out guys also you can claim reward in MyClub doing so.

Totally. Let me just find two tweets I sent on that matter cos I can't be arsed typing any more...

1. Curious lack of promotion of this survey. At odds with the triumphalism of their usual social content but a whiff of contrition and humility that's WAY more welcome than MyClub propaganda.

2. Just completed the survey. The Master League section is telling. No 'what do you like', all about what you don't. The options read like a checklist of every gripe you'll read on Evo-Web/Reddit for starters. Picking only five was tough! Encouraging that they've been receptive.

For those of you who play Master league on manual. What difficulty do you play it on?
On 2020 and before 2021 latest patch i played on superstar or top player. Was a bit too easy on top player but a bit hard on superstar. After patch i play on superstar, but actually think its a bit too easy. Started a ML with southampton and won 6 of first 7 games. I tried legend, and actually thought it was really fun, and i really had to be concentrated all the time. Didnt feel it was extremly hard during play...BUT they are extemly clinical when they get the chance on legend. So still superstar is good for me

Top player on full Manual ML for me. Used to play Professional on previous versions, at least to begin with. Now I am using Wycombe Wanderers on full manual, and doing pretty well, considering. And it is quite enjoyable too.

I'm very happy they created this survey, which could be a sign in the right direction. It shows that they are aware of the problems with the game. I still have two complaints:
1. It was tough picking only 5 bad things with master league! I could easily pick 10 things.
2. They know what the major issues with the game are, but then in the section of the new features for the next game, they focus on "groups and clans"!! WTF Konami???

Top player on full Manual ML for me. Used to play Professional on previous versions, at least to begin with. Now I am using Wycombe Wanderers on full manual, and doing pretty well, considering. And it is quite enjoyable too.

Maybe I'm good enough for TP using manual. I play TP with manual for exhibitions but struggling big time in ML. I'm Fiorentina, albeit they aren't the most creative team as it, but wanted a challenge. I have only managed 1 goal in 6 games and barely any chances.

My thinking is, do I pick a better team for ML? or lower the difficulty whilst i get used to manual passing and stick with Fiorentina?

On 2020 and before 2021 latest patch i played on superstar or top player. Was a bit too easy on top player but a bit hard on superstar. After patch i play on superstar, but actually think its a bit too easy. Started a ML with southampton and won 6 of first 7 games. I tried legend, and actually thought it was really fun, and i really had to be concentrated all the time. Didnt feel it was extremly hard during play...BUT they are extemly clinical when they get the chance on legend. So still superstar is good for me

You're far better than me, I'm struggling with Fiorentina and on TP albeit literally started playing manual 2 weeks ago. I want to enjoy it but also have a realistic challenge.

Don't believe their lies, don't believe even for one moment they will fix decade old issues. Every year it's exactly the same cycle. These kind of surveys are part of the usual hype cycle.
ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY agree with you. What do they want to do with this survey? They know very very well what are the issues of this game, we cleared them billions of time! Do they REALLY think that now we say:"oh well they made a survey to prepare a super Pes 22, finally!!!!"? Wrong step konami! You don't need any survey BUT, above all, you don't give any importance to our suggestions! So enough of these jokes and make a game that deserve our money (not only yours)! Sorry for rant mates!

Back
Top Bottom