eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I have to say, it’s still got really bad scripting online....those moments when you win the ball defensively, pass, it gets blocked but spins perfectly to an attacking player, win it back again but enter in to the stumble animation, allowing the attacker to steal it again, followed by a 10 yard pass that squeezes between the defenders legs and sits perfectly for them to score.

Honestly I’ve seen it unfold a lot of times, you just know that no matter what you do or what button you mash...it’s predetermined to score. Games biggest failure for me.

I have to say, it’s still got really bad scripting online....those moments when you win the ball defensively, pass, it gets blocked but spins perfectly to an attacking player, win it back again but enter in to the stumble animation, allowing the attacker to steal it again, followed by a 10 yard pass that squeezes between the defenders legs and sits perfectly for them to score.

Honestly I’ve seen it unfold a lot of times, you just know that no matter what you do or what button you mash...it’s predetermined to score. Games biggest failure for me.

I'm not saying you're wrong but this has honestly not happened for me in PA0 vs PA0 online.

But the home field advantage is still there right? I have always much more problems away than at home, even when I have the "better" team.

For those of you who play Master league on manual. What difficulty do you play it on?
I haven't started a ML yet with PES 2021 (waiting for Serie B kits to be updated) but I usually choose Top Player.
Superstar is just too much for me right now.

Maybe I'm good enough for TP using manual. I play TP with manual for exhibitions but struggling big time in ML. I'm Fiorentina, albeit they aren't the most creative team as it, but wanted a challenge. I have only managed 1 goal in 6 games and barely any chances.

My thinking is, do I pick a better team for ML? or lower the difficulty whilst i get used to manual passing and stick with Fiorentina?

One more thing to take into account is that I am playing on a pitch side camera so I don't really have to adjust to angles when passing as I would on a stadium cam. I doubt I would be able to deal with Top player difficulty on stadium cam.

One more thing to take into account is that I am playing on a pitch side camera so I don't really have to adjust to angles when passing as I would on a stadium cam. I doubt I would be able to deal with Top player difficulty on stadium cam.
Glad you said that, so I don’t have to feel bad about switching back to professional after 2 weeks on top player! :D

Yet to start my ML but I've been playing against teams of varying levels using Atletico Madrid. It's been great fun on FUMA, SS, 14mins, Stadium cam.

Played my first match in about 2 weeks today against Villarreal. They had the better of the game but couldn't beat Oblak, and it finished 0-0.Just the one shot all game for me, but it can be tough to get used to FUMA after a break.

Next one, Valladolid away, and I won 3-1, creating loads of chances in the process and playing some amazing football that PA1 doesn't really allow. This is where FUMA shines IMO. If you persevere, it's very rewarding. And you'll be able to play passes/through balls that would normally be cut out by the AI on PA1. Shooting is also better. I can find the corner of the net and give the keeper no chance manually, but on assisted it feels like the game will decide if the ball will go close enough for the keeper to reach it.

As for using Stadium cam, that's just a personal preference thing to get a better view of the stands. A bit trickier to get used to the angles but again, practice makes perfect!

Glad you said that, so I don’t have to feel bad about switching back to professional after 2 weeks on top player! :D
I'm fine with TP on exhibition matches however ML it seemed alot more difficult. How is professional on Master League? More difficult than when it is used on exhibition mode?

On Top Player Master League still seems a bit unfair on some matches. But If I move to Pro then it gets too easy to defend and CPU usually ends all matches with just one attempt, so I´ll keep TP for now.

On Top Player Master League still seems a bit unfair on some matches. But If I move to Pro then it gets too easy to defend and CPU usually ends all matches with just one attempt, so I´ll keep TP for now.
Yea it become unenjoyable for me. Played 6 games with Fiorentina. Scored 1 goal this was due to playing on manual. No worries, with PA1 at all but I want to play with manual. Its a double edged sword.

I have now switched to Fifa. PES is the worst football game. Konami is only hiring amateur devolovers. There are no handballs, 99% of the fouls are no fouls in real, i get red cards for nothing, the other can foul as often as they want its never a foul, they do not know the offside rules etc and goalkeepers are making unrealistic saves. The whole game is crap.

I have now switched to PES. FIFA is the worst football game. EA is only hiring amateur devolovers. There are no handballs, 99% of the fouls are no fouls in real, i get red cards for nothing, the other can foul as often as they want its never a foul, they do not know the offside rules etc and goalkeepers are making unrealistic saves. The whole game is crap.

Fixed it for you buddy

So are we in agreement that the game is harder in master league or competition mode rather than in friendlies?

Up to top player no difference whatsoever imho.

Superstar is when it gets harder because you get handicapped, AI is more or less the same imho. Compared to past editions I hardly see epic goals, kick-off goals, fantastic equalizations, 90+7 minute screamers, etc.

Hardly seeing a difference between superstar and legend, actually was fairly refreshing to see AI miss shots and having 70-low 80% pass accuracy on those levels.

Top Player is the max difficulty level in the game, anything above that is just in case you want to fight your controller a little bit. Shame coz a fair Superstar would actually be fairly good.

Speaking of ML obv, managed to win EUR0 2020 with Serbia on superstar with one goal conceded. That's what happens when your controls actually work.

Fixed it for you buddy
So handballs are back in PES 2021?

Top Player is the max difficulty level in the game, anything above that is just in case you want to fight your controller a little bit. Shame coz a fair Superstar would actually be fairly good.

Summarizing 100% on spot, the current difficulty system. Superstar without the BS cheating by nerfing human controlled teamplayers, would be bearable enough for most playerbase. Unfortunatelly as it is now, it converts gameplay to a bald video game, like TETRIS in highest level.

Last edited:
Up to top player no difference whatsoever imho.

Superstar is when it gets harder because you get handicapped, AI is more or less the same imho. Compared to past editions I hardly see epic goals, kick-off goals, fantastic equalizations, 90+7 minute screamers, etc.

Hardly seeing a difference between superstar and legend, actually was fairly refreshing to see AI miss shots and having 70-low 80% pass accuracy on those levels.

Speaking of ML obv, managed to win EUR0 2020 with Serbia on superstar with one goal conceded. That's what happens when your controls actually work.
Thank you mate for the summary. Much appreciated.

Think I'll do my master league on professional as I'm trying out manual otherwise it would be my usual top player difficulty.

I've done a few games on superstar and won but used default controls. Just want the best experience really.

So handballs are back in PES 2021?

Summarizing 100% on spot, the current difficulty system. Superstar without the BS cheating by nerfing human controlled teamplayers will eb bearable enough for most playerbase. Unfortunatelly as it is now, it converts gameplay to bald video game, like a TETRIS in highest level.

When was the last time handball include in PES ?

i second this, top player is the new superstar, pes 2021 is not perfect game but i can say it's better than 2020.

Did anyone ever experience some weird match ? Usually happen to me since 2020 also in 2021. Whether it's superstar or even legend difficulty i got full control of the match, like total domination. Noticable stats would be ai have 0 shots on target, lazy to attack, etc. And then when i try a rematch i got demolished by ai with the same team 🤔 is it normal ? *Exhibition mode by the way

When was the last time handball include in PES ?

i second this, top player is the new superstar, pes 2021 is not perfect game but i can say it's better than 2020.

Did anyone ever experience some weird match ? Usually happen to me since 2020 also in 2021. Whether it's superstar or even legend difficulty i got full control of the match, like total domination. Noticable stats would be ai have 0 shots on target, lazy to attack, etc. And then when i try a rematch i got demolished by ai with the same team 🤔 is it normal ? *Exhibition mode by the way
It was PES 4 or PES 5 either 6... Not sure exaclty. Only remember in its last iterations, it got more and more rare until it was completelly removed.

About the weird match. Do not have 2021, but noticed it in 2020, on ML though. I called it the "someone forgot the scripting switch to OFF".
Strange part was, it happened usually against official partners like Barcelona, ManU, Bayern, where i won them hands down. While in matches against pseudo-official like Real Madrid, Chelsea i was lightyears behind and lost. Even against BvB which is a created top team , without even an original team-ID, i had more difficulty than vs Bayern. All those playing as Extremadura with some regens, around 3,5* team rating.

Last edited:
Me as Watford, won fairly easy vs manutd, leicester & everton.. but had a really hard time against sheffield united 🤷🏽‍♂️

Me as Watford, won fairly easy vs manutd, leicester & everton.. but had a really hard time against sheffield united 🤷🏽‍♂️

Something something about good teams are more attacking and thus more vulnerable defensively and nothing to do with in game mechanics that dictate how interactions between players and other players and the ball happens in smaller spaces (something you get more of when you're up against a team like Sheffield United who are more likely to be set up defensively).

It's unfortunate because that whole thing about having Iniesta involved was to address this aspect of the game. It's the reason they changed what the right stick does. And yet something that should be the most fluid aspect of the game has been lacking giving the rigidity of movement and overall state of animations (the number of them and the logic that triggers them).

Just a hunch.

Something something about good teams are more attacking and thus more vulnerable defensively and nothing to do with in game mechanics that dictate how interactions between players and other players and the ball happens in smaller spaces (something you get more of when you're up against a team like Sheffield United who are more likely to be set up defensively)

Was trying to suffer through on superstar yesterday.

And while likes of Eintracht would demolish me in Europa League I had no issues beating PSG. Would've been 6-0 but...

It's the reason they changed what the right stick does. And yet something that should be the most fluid aspect of the game has been lacking giving the rigidity of movement and overall state of animations (the number of them and the logic that triggers them).

but then this happened. Fam I do not understand dribbling. I am trying the right stick but shit's so slow it's impossible. I haven't a clue how to judge space, even if I do it seemingly right and get past a defender I get magnet pulled, defender sticks his leg in I go into konami stumbler mode and that's gg fam.

Got players in their 80s up front, great stats, but just no effect.

I am fairly convinced when buying new PES you are only meant to play with top 10 teams at best, others are just shitshow. The stats go from 40 to 99 but it feels like anything below 80 is the same.

Hell I bought Lunin (off-brand Lenin?), GK with his goalie stats in mid 80s and he's worse than my mid 70s goaltender from the last season. Fam I do not even. I'm all for bringing the stats back to 1-9 range except make every single number count and then achieve player likeness / individual style with some perk / trait system that isn't cryptic as all fuck.

Conclusion: game's great but held back by all this trash we can't do a thing about. I keep trying coz I figure maybe I'm bad at the game, or maybe I don't understand how it works but...hard to think otherwise.

And while likes of Eintracht would demolish me in Europa League I had no issues beating PSG. Would've been 6-0 but...

Funny I hear it's the same in fifa. People constantly mention how they'll smash City but Brighton plays like Barcelona.

but then this happened. Fam I do not understand dribbling. I am trying the right stick but shit's so slow it's impossible. I haven't a clue how to judge space, even if I do it seemingly right and get past a defender I get magnet pulled, defender sticks his leg in I go into konami stumbler mode and that's gg fam.

Got players in their 80s up front, great stats, but just no effect.

My biggest issue is that animations take over your inputs. And that interferes with however the sibling mechanic is supposed to work. And given how rigid said animations are, it takes away from whatever the intended effect is.

I am fairly convinced when buying new PES you are only meant to play with top 10 teams at best, others are just shitshow. The stats go from 40 to 99 but it feels like anything below 80 is the same.

I'm always curious about the games that use the 0 to 99 range. More so why don't they use the whole range. I'm also curious how they actually make different ratings play differently (for instance how does a pass from a player with 60 passing look like vs one from a player with 90 passing etc).

I've felt that in the past; lower attribute players seemingly playing beyond what the numbers suggest that should be capable of. I'm due that's part of it.

Hell I bought Lunin (off-brand Lenin?), GK with his goalie stats in mid 80s and he's worse than my mid 70s goaltender from the last season. Fam I do not even. I'm all for bringing the stats back to 1-9 range except make every single number count and then achieve player likeness / individual style with some perk / trait system that isn't cryptic as all fuck.

Yeah if devs teams aren't going to make the difference between attribute value more significant or properly use the full range, they're better off ditching the 0 to 99 system. I'm glad FM stuck to 0 to 20.

I wrote earlier i play full manual on superstar and thought it was a bit easy post patch after winning 5 of my first 6 games with southampton. Started a master league with leeds and lost first 4 games, and after that i havent lost in 5 games. Won 4-1 against tottenham.

Really feels you get in these periods when nothin goes in, and then u get momentum and all goes your way. Still really enjoyed all matches.

Once again this game has turned to absolute dog shit on myclub.
I was playing MyClub regularly till yesterday, but I have enough of it already. Not because the game is bad, but because people playing like retarded spastics, exploiting every possible way and basically being a twats. Screw this, I said to myself finally, I am not gonna go rage and mad just because some idiot on the other side of the screen.

So now only FUMA ML and I found my Zen and my peace. And I absolutely love it.

Back
Top Bottom