eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I agree. After winning the Champions League, they have a fake trophy, modeled similar to the real life counterpart, that your team parades around with. So, they are certainly capable of creating a fake trophy for all unlicensed leagues and cups.

Also, I would like to see the trophy cabinet brought back for PES 2022. I believe the early PS2-era PES games had a menu where you could browse the trophies you've won. I would like to see it back, along with each trophy containing information such team/squad list, date/time trophy was won, match result, mode the trophy was won in and maybe a screenshot of the winning goal or even a save of the full match.

We're get that all probably in 2030..It reminds me and I could even be making it up but I swear maybe PES 3 or PES4 there were challenges to complete such as come from behind with AC Milan in the 60 minute and score? not my imagination is it? lol..and also in Master league in certain matches prevent a certain player from scoring or score a goal with a certain player..why on earth do they remove these things

We're get that all probably in 2030..It reminds me and I could even be making it up but I swear maybe PES 3 or PES4 there were challenges to complete such as come from behind with AC Milan in the 60 minute and score? not my imagination is it? lol..and also in Master league in certain matches prevent a certain player from scoring or score a goal with a certain player..why on earth do they remove these things

I don't recall if those scenarios were in PES3 or PES4, never played them unfortunately, but they were on ISS and ISS Deluxe.
Those ML objectives i'm pretty sure were in PES2012 and PES2013, tho there might be others in the franchise, those are just the ones i can remember from the top of my head.

Played a little more of PES2021 Lite recently, i'm really liking it tbh, it has all of the things i like in the Fox Engine games, the reasonable tempo of the match, especially in contrast to FIFA, the joy of playing on FUMA, the wonderful editor (The one thing that will always make me prefer PES, there's nothing i like more than creating my own crests and kits, as weird as that might make me sound, if a footy game doesn't have that then i'm not interested) and i like how everything feels more varied than PES2018, the last one i bought, here the wings and middle both feel just as efficient to attack through.

the CPU is still very competent at defending tho, even on regular difficulty they push me off the ball with so much more ease than before, it's hard to get past them by sprinting, the physical battles are a lot more frequent, i will say that at times it can be somewhat annoying, but it's ok.
The CPU itself also feels less robotic in it's attacking patterns, with a wider variety of plays.
The refs are hit or miss, i love the fact that there do seem to be much more fouls than the games before, but there are some clear fouls not given while some clean tackles are fouls, which can be a problem because the CPU is too good at direct free kicks, so i prefer them to the ones in previous years, but they still have a long way to go.
I feel that player switching can be problematic at times and in FUMA the game has a harder time understanding what i mean to do than in previous games, but it's nothing that kills the experience i think.
The look of the game is still meh tho, i experimented more with the brightness and constrast settings and now it's tolerable, but there's no reason why it should be tolerable, it should be amazing, PES2019 looked amazing, why can't this one be like that too?

So yeah, good game overall in my eyes, but idk, it doesn't feel like a huge step forward compared to something like PES2015, and it's been 6 years already, the improvements every year just aren't substantial and for every single thing they fix, they break something that was fine, they create a new problem altogether and in the end we're always stuck in place, i hope that switching to Unreal can change this.

Last time scenarios appeared in a Konami game was MLS ExtraTime in 2001. As far as I know. And they've never featured in the 'Pro' series. Shame because they're a great feature, one that I'm sure players old and new would enjoy.

Last time scenarios appeared in a Konami game was MLS ExtraTime in 2001. As far as I know. And they've never featured in the 'Pro' series. Shame because they're a great feature, one that I'm sure players old and new would enjoy.
Absolutely.

I’d love to see those scenarios making a comeback. Make it special moments in football history and add some (that are worthy) along the season!

What we might get: 3D shoe laces! ;)

Last edited:
I’d love to see those scenarios making a comeback. Make it special moments in football and add some (that are worthy) along the season!
Yeees!
I used to love them back in the ISS days and to be honest the "weekly challenge", which was a scenario (or a set of) based on real life events, was the mode I played the most in FIFA 12.

I'd love to see them back!

Detail in Unreal (Mobile)

Some Fox Engine animations, I believe that some things they will be able to carry from the Fox Engine.

Some Fox Engine animations, I believe that some things they will be able to carry from the Fox Engine.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the things listed in that video are animations that is in the console versions as well.

I wonder when we can expect some new about PES 2022 and for the PS5 especially. Around April perhaps?

It wouldn't surprise me if we see a similar thing for PES 2022, where UE is used for the visual effects and they just copy+paste the same assets, animations, gameplay code, AI, physics etc.

I remember some statement where they said they are rebuilding it from the ground up, but if they use mostly the same pieces then it will still resemble the old game. I could say I completely rebuilt a Lego set from scratch if I just disassembled it and put it back together, maybe in a slightly different way. These companies will stretch words to their limits for the attention/hype.

Pretty cynical maybe to expect that at this stage, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong than get my hopes up. Hopefully it won't be too long before there's more info. As much as I don't want to get hyped up, PES 2022 being a good base is the only chance we have for decent football games for the next 7 years (or however long this console generation lasts) so I am pretty desperate for it to deliver.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see a similar thing for PES 2022, where UE is used for the visual effects and they just copy+paste the same assets, animations, gameplay code, AI, physics etc.

I remember some statement where they said they are rebuilding it from the ground up, but if they use mostly the same pieces then it will still resemble the old game. I could say I completely rebuilt a Lego set from scratch if I just disassembled it and put it back together, maybe in a slightly different way. These companies will stretch words to their limits for the attention/hype.

Pretty cynical maybe to expect that at this stage, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong than get my hopes up. Hopefully it won't be too long before there's more info. As much as I don't want to get hyped up, PES 2022 being a good base is the only chance we have for decent football games for the next 7 years (or however long this console generation lasts) so I am pretty desperate for it to deliver.
Don’t you jinx it! ;)

Sorry but with 1 frame per second is HARD to see anything ... Yes I know the animation on Mobile version somehow are better that console,maybe is because the engine, but this video is awful captured and do not help to his case. I'm sure if somebody watch the full video will get a seizure.

Anyone play become a legend? I played it a few times when i get feeling for it. But every time i play like 2 games and then get sooo bored, cause the AI is terrible. The reason i played it more than once is because after a while i forget how bad it was last time, so i try again. If they just made the AI play as good as your opponent i think it would be really fun. For some reason they made your teammates play like shit, maybe so it should be more of a challenge for u.

I'm an old school player. been playing football games since 1995 and never felt that way ever !!!! This game is very frustrating, The game is supposed to be fun,
Some times you feel in control, passing is as you want, the response is good, defending and cutting the ball from the CPU is as should be.
But most of the time you feel out of control, all passes go in the direction of the CPU even if the direction of the pass or through ball is clear, no response at all, player movements are very slow, possessions of my players are wrong, my players runs and just before I pass they stop or take another direction with no reason, the CPU knows all your movements, also you cannot stop the attackers no matter what you try he will turn and shoot in the goal with 3 or 4 defenders around him no matter who he is.
Please I need any advice to enjoy this game (I cannot play FUM) also I tried most of the game-play patches here.
thanks

It's because the game is entirely based around momentum script. When the script is against you, the entire physics and AI engine is scripted to ensure the cpu always get to the ball first. Konami put a huge amount of effort into scripting just about every aspect of the game, so they can turn it up and down to create the match flow narrative that they want. Unfortunately, it has led to a hugely frustrating experience when all many of us want to do is have some quick football fun. Very poor game design.

I'm an old school player. been playing football games since 1995 and never felt that way ever !!!! This game is very frustrating, The game is supposed to be fun,
Some times you feel in control, passing is as you want, the response is good, defending and cutting the ball from the CPU is as should be.
But most of the time you feel out of control, all passes go in the direction of the CPU even if the direction of the pass or through ball is clear, no response at all, player movements are very slow, possessions of my players are wrong, my players runs and just before I pass they stop or take another direction with no reason, the CPU knows all your movements, also you cannot stop the attackers no matter what you try he will turn and shoot in the goal with 3 or 4 defenders around him no matter who he is.
Please I need any advice to enjoy this game (I cannot play FUM) also I tried most of the game-play patches here.
thanks

I dont think i have ever felt out of control as in cheated. I played FUMA and unlocked legendary in league mode and held my own on that level. Maybe in ML but definitely not in other modes

here to do my weekly duty of fighting off despair and the evils

fam if you are suffering - stop suffering. get some help. all the things u need can be found in the spoiler tag.

no need to thank me. 🐑

Eo4eBLOXUAEe60H

Probably ture. Probably they follow the same modell as FIFA where the base is the same for 10 years after the PES2008 and PES2014 fiascos where they indeed had to do everything from scratch.

Pretty cynical maybe to expect that at this stage, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong than get my hopes up.

You are completely right. Look at Cyberpunk fiasco. Man, what was that? 7 years of development, I wonder what really happend. They said it would be a watershed for the new generation. Well, I think it was.

These are strange times.

I like Pes 2021, i have fun playing it mostly
I only play master league and always have since pes on ps2.
They say they will renew it from scratch in 2022, and they really have to. So many bad areas in it, that ruins the whole experience.

-the expectations on your club is always wrong. When u play as a contender for a Champions league spot they want u to win the league. If you play as a 6-10 team they want u to qualify for CL. if you play a 11-20 team they want u to finish 6th!

-the same questions for u every start of the season. And om not sure if its just the translation in my language(swedish ) thats wrong, but when i sign a player i get the question: wlll you play him next game? And the answer alternatives are something like:
- i might use him
- maybe he will play
-not sure i will play him het
All kind of same answers. This is a small thing, but

- form arrows. Scoring a goal 3 games in a row With a player...suddenly he have red arrow down. Arrows shouldnt be random. If a player playing well his form should be up.

-ratings on players that doesnt score or assist are mostly wrong.

-transfers.
-transferlisted players is Said to be important player of the team when u put in a bid and u usually have to pay more than asked price.

-you put a player on transfer list with price of 30m, and a team bid 40.....why?

-media in game should put more energy on how teams doin and relegation Battle, champions league battle, title battle and so on.

-relations with players.Feel like there is no relation with players. If u always put a player on bench or not even that, would be intresting of they could Ask questions or wanted to be listed. Same when u buy a player, u should be able to tell him what ur plans are. Cause sometimes when u try to sign a player u wanna use as a starter he reject cause he unsure about gametime.

This is just a few things that need change. There is a lot more.

They need to make a master league that feels like reality in all areas.....without these small and big things that make u think ”wtf is this”. A master league that makes u drown in it cause of many different things. Things that makes it feel intresting and makes u feel like u are a real coach. Not just in games, between games as well. Got no hope for it tho

This series will never be better as long as they keep the atrocious defending system implemented in the gameplay.

It is so unbelievably bad how you do not have a simple interception button, but need to awkwardly run in front of other players to "automatically" intercept the ball. This never seems to work when you play Cup games in Master League, or just on Legends in general. Oh wow, I wonder why? Maybe because the AI always finds a way to make this "automatic" tackling system work in their favour? The player selector also never seems to work well, always akwardly switching to players who are nowhere near the ball. Then the player proceeds to sprint towards the ball while everyone else in defense looks on in confusion, often leading to embarassing goals.

Wanna know why everyone but us keeps playing FIFA with their mates and are actually having fun? Because defense has a simple high-risk high-reward interception button, which actually makes defending feel satisfying.

When you are defending in PES, you are doing nothing but trying to survive, trying to avoid conseding embarassing goals due to this embarrasment of a defensive system. There is no enjoyment in it at all! It truly sucks because the offensive system implemented in the gameplay is miles more satisfying than FIFA's.

If Konami truly wants to take the franchise to the next level with PES 2022, they must fix everything about the abysmal defending, and then we will talk!

Anyone play become a legend? I played it a few times when i get feeling for it. But every time i play like 2 games and then get sooo bored, cause the AI is terrible. The reason i played it more than once is because after a while i forget how bad it was last time, so i try again. If they just made the AI play as good as your opponent i think it would be really fun. For some reason they made your teammates play like shit, maybe so it should be more of a challenge for u.

I've played BAL and fixed cursor in general exclusively for almost a decade.

The AI is bad. No way around it. At least in traditional matches you can minimize the worst tendencies of the AI because you control their movement off the ball, relatively working, control them on the ball, and most importantly you control the tactics and attack/defense levels which influence everyone else.

There's so much that is fundamentally wrong with how the AI behaves when one side goes attacking or goes defensive. In the former, everything goes to a standstill and in the latter, it's a basketball game.

As for your teammates being worse, it's a common method used to increase difficulty. I get it. It's difficult to code human thought and behavior but man sometimes the AI boosts and teammate nerfs are so obvious and simply aren't fun to deal with.

I only play ML and It's bullshit hole game. Maybe if you play with you friend on exhibition match it's good, maybe, i don't know!?? :D

I only play ML and It's bullshit hole game. Maybe if you play with you friend on exhibition match it's good, maybe, i don't know!?? :D
Im having fun with pes. Gameplay is good enough to keep me play, even tho it got lot of areas as well that need upgrade. But mainly its the presentation of the game and deep that lacks. Doesnt matter if they add extra video scenes in master league when everything around need change. Video scenes are usually just weird anyway with some strange conversations. Clear lack of effort in upgrades.

Just played a penalty shootout in that offline cup in MyClub, on Professional (It was the final).
Lost 3x2, both teams shot 7 penalties.
I'd save, then their GK would save, almost every time, until eventually i couldn't save.
I've been having this problem a lot with shootouts in this game for some reason, but this was the worst example, it's like their GK always knows where i'm going to shoot (I mean, it's the CPU, it does, but in this case it's not at all subtle about it).
Had some really good, fun and realistic matches on FUMA tho, this is probably one of the better PES games this generation, especially since it's probably the one with the most fouls, which i really missed.

I think its hard to find opportunities for hard slide tackles in 50 50 situations and get these real physical battles. There is some times on loose balls when i feel here i wanna put in a strong tackle, but i cant. It happens after i made a poor pass and the ball gets between my players and the opponent....but cause my player is ”ball carrier ” i cant tackle. Someone know if its possible to slide tackle in those situations instead of crossing? Using R1+R2 doesnt work

In Be A Legend, players are not in their proper teams. I was going to start a BAL with a player from Ajax today, and whilst going through their roster, I saw Sergino Dest in there, although in Exhibition match, he is with Barcelona, can someone explain why this is the case and how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom