eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

When you guys talk about scripting, what online mode and settings do you refer to? This game has it flaws, no doubt about that and I want to break my controller a couple of times every time I play it but I can't say I feel that stuff that some people talk about were the scripting kicks in and you can't do a thing right. I play Divisions and PA0 vs PA0 btw. Maybe I'm stupid and can't see it. :)
The game after the update still plays very good for me. I feel like they have done something to the visuals too (PS4) and additional animation etc. Really enjoying it playing on Manual. I don't see where the other complains are coming from but I also don't play ML so maybe that's where all the glitches and issues are.

Deepl Translate should be much better than Google:

July 21 marks the 25th anniversary of the classic series "Wile", and further evolution with the eSports concept
Package of the original and first "J-League Jikkyo Winning Eleven".

The Winning Eleven (a.k.a. Winning Eleven) soccer game series celebrated its 25th anniversary since its creation in 1995. Starting with the first title, "J-League Jikkyo Jikkyo Winning Eleven", the series has evolved to include mobile games with more advanced functions, such as online matches, and has made full use of high performance 3D scanning of the players in pursuit of a realistic experience. It has established itself as a "classic soccer game" worldwide. We looked into the secrets behind the support of not only game fans, but also soccer fans around the world.

A timeline of Winning Eleven's 25-year journey with the Japanese soccer world... a timeline of the game's evolution

Released two years after the opening of the J-League in 1993, World Soccer Winning Eleven 6, released just before the 2002 World Cup in Japan and Korea, became the series' first million-seller. In 2010, it was released for smartphones, and in 2005, Winning Eleven 2017, which uses the home game engine, was released, and in June of this year, the total number of downloads worldwide was up to 1.4 million. Passed the 300 million mark.

It is an iconic soccer game that is widely popular among children and current soccer players alike. In Japan, the game has a history of progressing with the popularity of soccer. Winning Eleven's general producer at developer Konami Digital Entertainment said in an e-mail interview, "In Japan, the growth of the J-League and Japan's national team was a major factor, and Winning Eleven has become a staple as soccer has exploded in the country. I think it was a great success," he said. As for the reason for the popularity of the game overseas, he said, "I think it's because we can create a game that foreign soccer fans can enjoy, including the recreation of the players and animation.

One of the reasons for the popularity of the game is its ability to recreate players' play. In eFootball Winning Eleven 2020, released last September, former Spanish national team player and current J1 Kobe player Andres Iniesta was invited to join the team as an advisor to help recreate the techniques of dribbling to dodge opponents in dense areas and accurate long passes. "We have evolved the movement on the game so that it can be demonstrated. In addition, the visual beauty of the world's stadiums can also be achieved through high-performance 3D scanning.

New projects continue to be planned under the concept of "soccer fans coming together for fun".
The latest "eFootball Winning Eleven 2021 SEASON UPDATE" reality picture

The masterpiece series celebrated its 25th anniversary on July 21 this year. To celebrate the anniversary year, the "Iconic Moments Series" was released in March. The series captures the best moments in the careers of stars, both current and legendary, and recreates famous moments. It features the star of the past, Maradona, and "recreates" the FK that former Japan national team player Shunsuke Nakamura of J1 Yokohama FC scored against Manchester United in the European Champions League when he was at Celtic. It's a chilling experience for soccer fans.

Hosoda cites "the point of the project as "the point where soccer fans can gather together and enjoy," explaining, "When soccer fans talk to each other, especially in the case of overseas soccer, there are many heated discussions that transcend the ages, such as 'that player from that era is the best' or 'that team from this era is stronger than that', and if you think of it as an extension of that, it's easy to understand.

Last year, we offered a new game, Matchday, an online mode in which players are divided into two groups to play against each other in big real-life soccer matches around the world. In addition, the company announced a new e-sports concept, eFootball, which is based on Wile, a new e-sport concept. The eFootball League 2019-20 season, which started last December, includes big European clubs including FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Juventus. eFootball.Pro, a professional league in which professional players selected by the participating clubs compete in teams of three in CO-OP matches for the prestige of their clubs, and eFootball.Open, which is open to the general public, are the core competitions in the "eFootball" initiative. Open, which allows general users to participate. The company is shifting to online competition and will continue to develop e-sports tournaments.

It's no secret that Wile, a game from Japan, has been highly acclaimed overseas, and this has certainly contributed to the development of the Japanese gaming world. The latest title in the series, "eFootball Winning Eleven 2021 SEASON UPDATE," will be released on September 17 for PlayStation®4. What kind of future is envisioned by such a "global soccer game"?

Hosoda said, "I'm always thinking about 'how to get soccer fans around the world to enjoy this game'. Breaking down the barriers between platforms, incorporating things (leagues, teams, stadiums, etc.) that will please soccer fans around the world into games, and creating the most interesting games and gameplay in the world. We will take on the big challenge for the future by focusing on these three goals.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Database related, but does anyone have any clue about efkin Rashford height? I mean cmon its ManU player ffs!!!! 3 different source, 3 different heights!!!!
Wikipedia--->no info
Transfermarkt--->1,85m
Soccerway--->1,80m
PES master---> 1,87m
sofifa--->6'1''=1,85m
from watching him on tv I’d say between 1,80m and 1,87m. ;)

Kicker, theFA, eurosport and Wikipedia have him at 1,80m, transfermarkt at 1,85m!

i smell conspiracy! :LOL:

Just downloaded the Lite version on my PS4, but i'm playing only against the A.I, in MyClub while trying to build up my squad, the grind in this mode can legit be fun, still, i've got mixed feelings, at first i adored this and thought it was the best PS4 PES by far, but after more matches i'm starting to get bothered by a few things, idk, maybe it's just me being whiny or maybe there are legit issues with the game, i'll only get a better picture once i play more.
The main thing tho, that is a real big deal for me, am i the only one who can't stand the way the game looks?
Like, at some matches i think it's ok, like a day/summer match in a stadium where most of the pitch is covered by the stadium's shadow, after adjusting the brightness and contrast it's ok, but most matches it just looks... off. I can't quite describe exactly what it is, but something's off about the colors and lighting, anyone else feels like this? If so, what did you do to fix it?

What has happened to my favourite game. PES 2021 with the latest update is full of matchplay glitches, freezing, stuttering graphics, ridiculous AI, strange gameplay mechanics...

I play Hibernian SPL Master League.

The ball in every 50/50 is going to the CPU after bouncing in totally inaccurate directions, most of the time as good as a through ball the way it falls to a CPU player going forward. The ball physics used to be my favourite part of the game but now it's baffling the way it moves and rebounds.

CPU GKs are pulling off ridiculous saves for even low rated teams and players. I had an easy header, placed it perfectly and the Motherwell GK slid across the line to make a goalline save faster than Usain Bolt.

I've always got used to the CPU "cheating" but some teams are playing like Brazil on steroids they're that good in attack and in the tackle when they need to win. I had the CPU score a goal after Edouard beat 3 of my defenders all right next to each other all with the most outrageous of nutmegs due to my defenders legs all of a sudden purposely sticking their leg up in the air as they go to take the ball. I like that when you play a better team it's harder, it used to be a bit too easy to be Hibernian and thrash Spurs, but if the better team is going to win with outrageously lucky ball flicks and rebounds it's not as fun.

I find PES2021 can vary a lot, some great matches, some mixed, some very bad, scripted, cpu boosted, etc.

I didn't download DP3 on PS4 but instead tried the free LITE version on PC and so far, every match has been awful. Either PC and/or LITE version is different to PS4, or most likely, DP3 has ruined it. It feels like Konami have tinkered and rebalanced it again and the "subtle" cheating and hampering is incessant. I'm very glad I didn't download DP3 for PS4.

Downloading the Lite, I will play it as a mobile collectible monsters RPG.

Played the initial friendly as long the game is downloading.

Very first impressions, I don't have any clue how previous versions played.

Dribbling and control is for sure more responsive in comparison to 2020. For good here.

But something feels completely off with passes and shooting. Proper positioned passes feel worse than 2020, through pass feels like a pass to the opponent, if it is not done under 100% ideal conditions and shooting feels a lot off. Like Tha ball looses all the weight and the dynamics when I shoot. Most far shoots were like pass to the GK. And I do not even know what level the CPU was.

Played two more games in the vsCOM challenge. About pass8mg can't speak clear if they changed so much, maybe it is my TS, it is 80somethimg, I need more matches.

The shots seem to suffer from the Fox Engine shooting decease, I can't feel the power when I try a screamer, except for ideal conditions.

What I also see better (for me) besides responsivness. Crosses beside the penalty box are homing better to your teamates.
I mean if you found crosses in 2020 flawed, here they seem been fixed. If you liked the crosses in 2020, here they are more "assisted".

Speaking for PA1.

With the new patch and playing purely offline and all of the control settings on manual (and obviously reducing game difficulty to compensate), I can actually enjoy the game. I think playing online against friends is good too but the stuff I hate and can't get to grips with (or I'm remotely interested in) was never in the WE/PES old titles I liked anyway. I played FIFA 16 for the past couple of weeks and enjoyed the change for a bit but honestly, even with that, annoyances came out such as poor player switching, no space to dribble and difficulty in beating players 1v1 situations without ridiculous tricks makes the game too arcady which I guess was why we all shifted to the Konami titles anyway. Hopefully the general complaints after this patch will be ironed out because I still think it's got the makings of a good game in there somewhere.

As a side note, I was bored and installed pes2020 again through steam. The very first moment on the pitch on pes2020 and I felt the HUGE difference in everything imaginable compared to pes2021; player response, animations, fluidity, ball physics, team response, on and off the ball movement, and many more. Hell even menus in pes2021 are better...

Downloading the Lite, I will play it as a mobile collectible monsters RPG.

Played the initial friendly as long the game is downloading.

Very first impressions, I don't have any clue how previous versions played.

Dribbling and control is for sure more responsive in comparison to 2020. For good here.

But something feels completely off with passes and shooting. Proper positioned passes feel worse than 2020, through pass feels like a pass to the opponent, if it is not done under 100% ideal conditions and shooting feels a lot off. Like Tha ball looses all the weight and the dynamics when I shoot. Most far shoots were like pass to the GK. And I do not even know what level the CPU was.

Just played my first game and agree. It seems easy enough to work your way into dangerous situations but then it goes downhill from there. Through balls are badly weighted and gravitate towards defenders. Some of the shooting is dreadful. Also finding that the camera often can't catch up in time which gives a panicky/hot potato feeling to attacks.

Did manage 3 half decent goals though so who knows.

Just finished a season of master league. Game has its flaws, but I still have fun with it. Won the English league. Would it hurt to have a fake trophy and better celebration scenes. Man I hope they improve presentation on next gen
Which difficulty?

No offence but I am glad I am on PC, game looks, feels, and plays like as* on consoles!!

Im playing on PC on max settings and despite the lighting effects and textures, the game feels dated to me. CPU AI, animations, ball control, shooting, all gameplay mechanics feels so simplistic to me. Everything looks very repetitive to my eyes.

Many times we have posted about old faces , from older PES that look weird, or have strange ratios. One of the best i've found is Dmytro CHYGRYNSKIY ex-Shaktar and Barcelona player, current AEK Athens.
He is supposed to have a pre-sccanned face, but his scan is copy-pasted straight from a PES around 2009-2010 period. He looks more like a Lucky Luke character!
(Screenshot {inside Spoiler} is from PES2020, but i assume it is the same in PES2021.) :shiver:
Chyg old scan.jpg

Just finished a season of master league. Game has its flaws, but I still have fun with it. Won the English league. Would it hurt to have a fake trophy and better celebration scenes. Man I hope they improve presentation on next gen

I agree. After winning the Champions League, they have a fake trophy, modeled similar to the real life counterpart, that your team parades around with. So, they are certainly capable of creating a fake trophy for all unlicensed leagues and cups.

Also, I would like to see the trophy cabinet brought back for PES 2022. I believe the early PS2-era PES games had a menu where you could browse the trophies you've won. I would like to see it back, along with each trophy containing information such team/squad list, date/time trophy was won, match result, mode the trophy was won in and maybe a screenshot of the winning goal or even a save of the full match.

Been playing a season in Master League as Torino. First time in years I've actually struggled when playing as a smaller side in a decent league. No more 15-game unbeaten runs with Nimes or Alaves. I'm 14th in the table after eight games, happy to pick up battling 1-1 draws on the road. It feels great. And it feels realistic, too - most of the time. I'm not sure too many Italian refs would have sent off a Juventus player, at home, ten minutes into the Turin derby, for this... I think Linetty's bought that one there, a bit. (Absolutely no idea what happens at the beginning of this clip... he just sort of freaks out for a second.)

Normal PES refereeing was restored in the next game against Sampdoria, where my centre forward (here in the maroon again) got a talking-to from the referee for fouling an opposition defender in the box while chesting the ball down...

But overall I think this PES is good enough that the usual quirks and fails aren't too distracting. Sure, you'd have got lynched if you'd try to sell this at full price as a brand new game, but I reckon it's different enough from 2020 to be worthwhile, and it really is so much better. Had some brilliant BORING games as well as thrillers, but I wasn't bored while I was playing - that's usually the mark of a good football game. If you can be totally absorbed in a really defensive 0-0 game, that's a good sign. The fact that you can even HAVE a really defensive 0-0 game, without the computer just making chances happen all the time out of the blue... that's something in itself.

does someone play online divisions regularly? did they remove the scripting from this mode? i gave it try although i expected scripting hell and then that happened:

PXL_20201212_101821394.jpg

this would have been impossible in pes2020...

Back
Top Bottom