eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I mean, if that video doesn't confirm how close it is to 2020... Certainly from an AI standpoint... Just look at the AI's goals.

My favourite bit is when he says defending is much better thanks to the improved responsiveness, then immediately concedes a goal because his defender jogs past the danger.

(Love TTB, by the way - he points this out himself.)

In all honesty, I think the increased responsiveness is just bewitching people into thinking the game is 100x better in many ways, when you can see from gameplay videos that... Well...

I can't help but notice all the things from PES 2020 that would stop any sane person from playing the game for very long in a Master League or similar - the dreaded turn-shot goals from the AI etc...

You've also got Salah in minute 20 of the video, unable to use his pace to burst away from the defender, so just kind of jogs in a circle instead. TTB says "oh man, I can't get the ball off Salah" but in reality, he stood off Salah and gave him an empty channel to run down - and Salah TURNED AWAY from it to jog around in a circle instead.

It doesn't represent football at all. Players aren't human-like. Responsiveness is increased a bit and people start raving about movement being organic - if it was, you would see players leaving defenders for dead, instead of having the catch-up issues (again, see Salah unable to outpace the defender). It's just awkward, bumper-car stuff a lot of the time.

...but I understand that there are a lot of people who just want to play a football game and are happy to take a few improvements and enjoy what they get. That's fair enough, and in truth, I'm jealous of that.

Fair play to people buying 2021 knowing what they're getting - but the idea that all 2020 needed was a responsiveness tweak (as if that was the only major issue!!) and now it's (and I quote) the "perfect" football game... Come on now...

Chris, you know I love you! We've FaceTime and shared videos of our pussies...... (cats you sickos) and I am with you on 99% of your constructive criticisms of the game and franchise. Hell I did it for 5 years on a podcast! But aren't you tired of just being angry and disappointed with footy games every year? It doesn't matter how loud you scream and puff your chest or how many tweets you send devs, nothing is going to change. I still text adam bhatti with suggestions haha it won't matter and i know that.

I had to have a tough realization that the PS2 era from 15-20 years ago isn't coming back. The tough realization that while EA has the ability to make a great footy game ( FIFA 16 before the winter patches) they won't because it's not what their main audience wants and they need to focus on FUT for revenue purposes.

I agree with all your points above. The dreaded turn shot goal when A.I. plays directly to their striker at top of box, the artificial space everywhere, the shitty tactics that pigeon hole a team to play a certain way, did I mention loads of space?, lack of variation in shooting, scripted patterns of play etc.etc. the list goes on and on. Me from 2 years ago would focus on all these negatives waiting and hoping next year will be different and then I do it all over again.

Now I focus on what the game does right and play it for what it is--a flawed game. Not a real representation of the sport--just a game. Because I want to enjoy footy. I'll do the same with FIFA when that comes out. You deserve to enjoy footy chris! I don't think that makes anyone insane for liking the game for what it is.

I've had to edit tactics for the teams in my league, i've had to do a closer cam angle because it makes it feel like there's less space, i've had to go down to top player in ML for no scripting, playing on top player in ML with younger players like Haaland, Camavinga, Pulisic instead of players in high 80s/90s and watching them develop and train them is vintage PES for me and provides a fun challenge on top player. Do i win most of my matches, yes, but i am 4th in the league right now on 202 after a couple losses and draws.

What I am trying to say is there are ways to have fun with these games for what they are and scratch that itch you have deep in your grundle, chris. It's there. Between your sack and your anus...just scratch it bro. Let loose... enjoy footy games for what they are!!

Crazy stuff. You watch the videos and its the same as last year exactly. And you got people like him saying he can see things differently. Utter madness. Even Spoony Pizzas and True Brits, although they can be critical are waxing lyrical. These people inspire people to buy the game, they really should be more transparent imho.

Imagine the feeling in their camp when Messi came out saying he wanted to leave Barca... :SHOCK::DD

I've not managed to play 2021 yet, but while I get through a day of work, can anyone advise did we get 12 new songs? Not sure I can hack the same ones for another 12 months...

Yep, new tunes :BAND:

But, If this is the same game, only more polished, It dont seems that they broke PES 20 on purpose with the latest Data Pack tô make PES 21 looks better?

Sorry If Im starting tô sound annoying here but, still this dont seems right to me.

It nice to see the positives from gameplay.

However, if playing ML the 3rd division team still plays like Barcelona then what's the point... I can't keep playing exhibition because it plays nice. They need to fix the script. Can someone confirm ML is the same?
For now its still a no from me.... holding strong...

Luckily not a problem as it will be another few generations before PES is powerful enough for more than 2 divisions per country. :P

I took the plunge. Wish I didn’t.

It’s exactly the same as PES 2020 apart from squads and no Milan clubs.

It’s still as boring as ever. The AI is dull dull dull. Still hardly any fouls. Still no penalties. And those f*cking yellow pitches are still a thing.

It’s my fault for believing the utter nonsense some people have been spouting about this feeling different/improved etc. I do like the new soundtrack though I must admit.

I’m extremely annoyed with myself. I guess I want a football game THAT bad. Back to retro PES for me, again!

Oh and I had to get this digitally. Tesco and Sainsbury aren’t stocking it where I live. So I’m stuck with this pile of turd.

I took the plunge. Wish I didn’t.

It’s exactly the same as PES 2020 apart from squads and no Milan clubs.

It’s still as boring as ever. The AI is dull dull dull. Still hardly any fouls. Still no penalties. And those f*cking yellow pitches are still a thing.

It’s my fault for believing the utter nonsense some people have been spouting about this feeling different/improved etc. I do like the new soundtrack though I must admit.

I’m extremely annoyed with myself. I guess I want a football game THAT bad. Back to retro PES for me, again!

Goddammit, you fool Mikhail!!

Can I ask, putting to one side how bored you are of pes, could see/feel any changes for the better in gameplay?

(Also, I was recently playing vanilla fifa 16. Try it if you havent lately...what a game.)

if you're on PS4, you're stuck with it as soon as you start downloading the game. Xbox owners have a 2 hour of gameplay window to refund it, unless i'm mistaken.

Goddammit, you fool Mikhail!!

Can I ask, putting to one side how bored you are of pes, could see/feel any changes for the better in gameplay?

(Also, I was recently playing vanilla fifa 16. Try it if you havent lately...what a game.)
It’s PES 2020 with 20/21 squads. That’s all it is! Don’t fall for the BS being spouted in here and on YouTube. I’m an idiot for believing the positive feedback in here.

If you enjoyed PES 2020 - you’ll love this. If you hated PES 2020, you’ll hate this. It’s the same game on the pitch. Boring as hell.

(I’m halfway through my third season in FIFA 16 mate, I picked it up again from eBay about a month back - very underrated game!)

Crazy stuff. You watch the videos and its the same as last year exactly. And you got people like him saying he can see things differently.
Yeah, I saw that video and it just boggles the mind.

In one video, you see all this:

...and again, for the umpteenth time, if you love the game, this isn't an attack. I just don't like that we have members saying this stuff is all fixed. It clearly isn't.

Yeah, I saw that video and it just boggles the mind.

In one video, you see all this:

...and again, for the umpteenth time, if you love the game, this isn't an attack. I just don't like that we have members saying this stuff is all fixed. It clearly isn't.
Chris, you don’t have to validate your opinion every single time you post. You’re entitled to your views, we all are - none of us are being vitriolic.

Anyone know what the deal is with the 2021 Evoweb patch for PC and how long until that gets released?

Assume that most things if not everything from 2021 will work in 2021 given it’s the same game?

I’m new to PC this year but won’t buy 2021 until I can get the patch for it.

It’s PES 2020 with 20/21 squads. That’s all it is! Don’t fall for the BS being spouted in here and on YouTube. I’m an idiot for believing the positive feedback in here.

If you enjoyed PES 2020 - you’ll love this. If you hated PES 2020, you’ll hate this. It’s the same game on the pitch. Boring as hell.

(I’m halfway through my third season in FIFA 16 mate, I picked it up again from eBay about a month back - very underrated game!)
Sorry but the gameplay is different more responsive defo better than 2020

Back
Top Bottom