eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Chris, you know I love you! We've FaceTime and shared videos of our pussies...... (cats you sickos) and I am with you on 99% of your constructive criticisms of the game and franchise. Hell I did it for 5 years on a podcast! But aren't you tired of just being angry and disappointed with footy games every year? It doesn't matter how loud you scream and puff your chest or how many tweets you send devs, nothing is going to change. I still text adam bhatti with suggestions haha it won't matter and i know that.

I had to have a tough realization that the PS2 era from 15-20 years ago isn't coming back. The tough realization that while EA has the ability to make a great footy game ( FIFA 16 before the winter patches) they won't because it's not what their main audience wants and they need to focus on FUT for revenue purposes.

I agree with all your points above. The dreaded turn shot goal when A.I. plays directly to their striker at top of box, the artificial space everywhere, the shitty tactics that pigeon hole a team to play a certain way, did I mention loads of space?, lack of variation in shooting, scripted patterns of play etc.etc. the list goes on and on. Me from 2 years ago would focus on all these negatives waiting and hoping next year will be different and then I do it all over again.

Now I focus on what the game does right and play it for what it is--a flawed game. Not a real representation of the sport--just a game. Because I want to enjoy footy. I'll do the same with FIFA when that comes out. You deserve to enjoy footy chris! I don't think that makes anyone insane for liking the game for what it is.

I've had to edit tactics for the teams in my league, i've had to do a closer cam angle because it makes it feel like there's less space, i've had to go down to top player in ML for no scripting, playing on top player in ML with younger players like Haaland, Camavinga, Pulisic instead of players in high 80s/90s and watching them develop and train them is vintage PES for me and provides a fun challenge on top player. Do i win most of my matches, yes, but i am 4th in the league right now on 202 after a couple losses and draws.

What I am trying to say is there are ways to have fun with these games for what they are and scratch that itch you have deep in your grundle, chris. It's there. Between your sack and your anus...just scratch it bro. Let loose... enjoy footy games for what they are!!
I can't argue with you, B - I absolutely get your point, too. It's something I mentioned recently in the FIFA thread (but I talk a lot of shit on here so it all kind of washes together - damn, maybe this place is a sewer after all):

If we were in control of game development, it would be a different game (100x better in terms of what we're looking for, and in terms of a representation of real-life) but we have to accept that [football games aren't] changing, whether they get bombarded on social media or even if sales drop.

If they don't develop three different games for three different types of player [offline, myClub, eSports] - and why would they when it would cost them more money and football fans will buy the one game anyway and "settle" [for a new football game, just cos it's new] - then [football games] will always be this way.

This is something I'm thinking about a lot, lately - "settling" for the best we can get, rather than just not buying them.

But I just can't get past the faults (see my GIFs over the last few posts). There is something in my brain that goes - "if you can't get that loose ball because your player is on an invisible elastic band, then what is the fucking point in me picking up the controller". I can't get past that.

I'll keep hoping with every new release and every new patch... Because the best non-football game in the world doesn't stop me from needing a next-gen football game without these "glitches" or "cheats", whatever you want to call them. I just can't get past it - and yet a football game's all I want.

I found a really good 2020 option file with 2021 squads and kits. Tempted to just go with that instead of buying this game.

Yep, still not available on Steam. Let's be prepared for less responsive version on PC anyway. Don't get overhyped by what you've read in here and seen on YT so far. It's a PC version, it's KONAMI, so as every single year - the game will be slightly different to PS4/XO versions. And then obviously within next 24/48 hours gameplay will change completely on all platforms thanks to 1.01 DLC ;-)

What happens if you click the Install button here;
https://steamdb.info/app/1259970/

Or copy+paste this into your browser and open it in Steam when prompted;
steam://install/1259970

Probably just opens the store page for the game but sometimes this can allow you to download stuff that shouldn't be available yet.

Seems they cannot meet the time previously announced on the Twitter... :(
It's nearly 2am now (my local time), I will only be able to play it after tomorrow's working hour

tenor.gif

They probably port PES 2021 back to PS3 graphic, lol. Anyway on steamdb it's written this

https://steamdb.info/app/1259970/history/?changeid=U:18579587

Removed Store Release Date – 15 September 2020 :BLINK:
:LMAO: Why would you pull the game from the store? Even if its buggy and broken then Konami should release a fix someday for it. What the Steam guys are smoking?

But you know right what that means? The next store update is tomorrow guys.

Back
Top Bottom