eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hello I own the Ryzen 5 2600x ASus ROG RTX 2060. I bought an LG 49nano866 TV. It can play 4K 120hz. Even 4.2.0 4k 120hz was activated in the settings. I am having a very interesting problem. I can play 4K 120hz with Fifa 19 RTX 2060 without any problem, but I can't play PES 2020 or 2021 4k 120hz. I can play 75 FPS at 4k. However, I can play PES 2k 120hz without any problem. Why can't I play PES 2020 and Pes 2021 while RTX 2060 Fifa 19 can play 4k 120hz smoothly? Anybody faced with such a problem? Pes Could the Game be 4k 120hz optimization problem? I can not understand that there is so much fps difference between them and Fifa 4k 120hz.
If you want to play PES 2020 and PES 2021 on constantly 120 fps, highest Settings and on 4K you need at least a RTX 2080. A RTX 2070 could do it also with some FPS drops in some Cutscenes.

Come to think of it, the FPS issue may have started when I switched from an intel 4790 CPU and motherboard combo to Ryzen. I didn't install a fresh Windows.
Changing motherboard, CPU and most likey RAM (DDR 3 to DDR 4 I guess) without refreshing/redoing the Windows installation might be troublesome indeed.

I have a Ryzen too (the same as you, a Ryzen 5 3600 at stock settings) and the game runs smooth as silk.
The difference is that I have a RX 5700 XT but hey, also your graphic card should be able to play the game just fine without any frame drop (I played all of 2020 @ 1080p with a R9 270X with no problem and a very old i7 920, so...) as the game shouldn't be that demanding.

Last edited:
By the way, the more I play this game the more I think that this is most likely the best PES of this generation, at least on PC.
As I already said, player awareness is better than it was in 2020 (and in 2019 too) and this is the biggest plus for me. Then there's been a series of improvements and upgrades that really make this shine compared to 2020.
I just hope Konami won't screw everything with patches like it usually happens sooner or later with football games (from either developer). If they managed to keep it more or less like this, PES could really go out with a bang from this generation (assuming that PES 2022 would use Unreal also on PC of course).
Fingers crossed. 🤞

I'm a bit confused as to how people are configuring the gameplay patches with Supernova & IPM. Last year i just stuck to using the IPM/Holland gameplay patches but I see people are combining them with Supernovas?

What files are they specifically combining and does it yield positive results or would the values in both mods clash with each other and thus wouldn't be recommended?

Hey folks!
Since we are talking about specs and how PES runs on our computers I also have something that bothers me a bit. I have an i7 6700K mit 16 gb of RAM and a gtx 1070 (non ti). The problem is, whenever I run PES 2021 (also with previous games) with highest settings on 4K my game gets fps drops during cutscenes down to 35 fps or something like that. The gameply itself is smooth as it should be regarding my specs and the requirements of the game. FIFA on the other hand is completely playable with 4K and highest settings. Although I know that this does not mean anything I find it very suspicious that PES is performing that poor on my rig. Or do I miss anything? Every source on the internet says that it should run just fine... Perhaps anybody here who can help me?!

Hey folks!
Since we are talking about specs and how PES runs on our computers I also have something that bothers me a bit. I have an i7 6700K mit 16 gb of RAM and a gtx 1070 (non ti). The problem is, whenever I run PES 2021 (also with previous games) with highest settings on 4K my game gets fps drops during cutscenes down to 35 fps or something like that. The gameply itself is smooth as it should be regarding my specs and the requirements of the game. FIFA on the other hand is completely playable with 4K and highest settings. Although I know that this does not mean anything I find it very suspicious that PES is performing that poor on my rig. Or do I miss anything? Every source on the internet says that it should run just fine... Perhaps anybody here who can help me?!

Have You opened the games settings.exe,clicked the display tab and changed the Replays and Demo to 60 fps ?

The problem is, whenever I run PES 2021 (also with previous games) with highest settings on 4K my game gets fps drops during cutscenes down to 35 fps or something like that.
Completely normal. The GTX 1070 runs into 100% usage and is too weak for more FPS on 4K and high settings in the Cutscenes.

I'm a bit confused as to how people are configuring the gameplay patches with Supernova & IPM. Last year i just stuck to using the IPM/Holland gameplay patches but I see people are combining them with Supernovas?

What files are they specifically combining and does it yield positive results or would the values in both mods clash with each other and thus wouldn't be recommended?
I think its just down to preference mate, the exe file is where the real magic happens, the dt18 is crucial to more changes but isn't necessary, thats the way i see it. After testing multiple exe /dt18 combo's over the last couple of month's.
I, like you though generally stick to one set or the other.
ATM for the record I am using
2020 final gameplay exe (adaptive ai disabled)
dt18 2021 gameplay V1
dt13 2021 as i am still on 2020.
Very pes 5/6 or very close to.

Konami really need to add the option to disable the adaptive AI, because from what i can see and feel when playing, thats whats been holding the randomness back since 2008.

Last edited:
Thanks man, Yeah I was planning on sticking with Vanilla a little while longer but when i heard about removing adaptive AI i knew i had to give it a go. So what does the dt13 do exactly, I see it listed as a "movement" file, But there doesn't seem to be a specific description about what it does?

Thanks man, Yeah I was planning on sticking with Vanilla a little while longer but when i heard about removing adaptive AI i knew i had to give it a go. So what does the dt13 do exactly, I see it listed as a "movement" file, But there doesn't seem to be a specific description about what it does?
If I'm not mistaken it has something to do with animations.

Since we're talking about computer specs, I am keen to know what is the specs of y'all PC.

CPU & GPU information be sufficient.
Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5700XT (had this build since... One month more or less).
Previous one (which ran PES 2020 just fine) was an old i7 920 + R9 270X (and it's still available for retrogaming, I re-installed Windows XP and Windows 7 on it and I'm having a blast with older games).

Have You opened the games settings.exe,clicked the display tab and changed the Replays and Demo to 60 fps ?
Yeah I have seen this option and I have switched it but since there are some stable parts everything is ok with that but during wide angle shots for example it is going down to 35 fps.
Completely normal. The GTX 1070 runs into 100% usage and is too weak for more FPS on 4K and high settings in the Cutscenes.
So unfortunately not really optimized... Because from my point of view the graphics do not explain the hunger this game needs then! Too bad but that were also my first thoughts but I hoped that there is probably something else dropping the frames.

Why does PES feel so unresponsive at SuperStar in masterleague?

In Exhibition it feels so much more responsive.

Last year with PES 2020 it was a drama,the responsiveness was just shit

Now its better, but in ML its still horrible at superstar...

There's new patch today, anyone else got it on steam ?

Edit : Yes, New patch PES 2021 1.01.01. Sider still works though.

Last edited:
I'm pretty proud of myself. I think 2017 is the latest version my laptop (i7-7700 / GTX 1050) can run comfortably, but after undervolting it and playing around with the NVIDIA settings, I have 2021 running pretty well. It's not super crisp and the screen details aren't perfect, but it's a playable game, plays smoothly at 60fps and my CPU stays at around 75-78 degrees C, so I can enjoy it without worrying about it melting my lap or laptop.

With 1.01.01 i'm getting jumpy frame rate... players seem to move more erratically too :( anyone else seeing that?
Switching back to 1.01.00 - it's again nice and smooth.

Wish they'd forgotten about 2021 and worked on 2022 as they claimed, but no... new patching season is here. Ouch.

Hey Guys,
I'm pretty new to PES on PC with mods but just yesterday I got it set up with the scoreboard server and it was working for all the top leagues.
I played a few games last night with no issues.
After the new update today though I keep getting a black screen on start up. This is happening if I start it from sider or from Steam itself. Anyone got any ideas?

I also have the DP file list generator thing set up not sure if it has anything to do with that. Not too sure on using that one yet.

hello guys ever since they have updated pes pc to the next version the master leagues keeps crashing and ending the game completely its annoying and frustrating is anyone else having these problems ?

With 1.01.01 i'm getting jumpy frame rate... players seem to move more erratically too :( anyone else seeing that?
Switching back to 1.01.00 - it's again nice and smooth.

Wish they'd forgotten about 2021 and worked on 2022 as they claimed, but no... new patching season is here. Ouch.
Also pes 2020 for me had some bugged exe with low frame rate (for example the last one 1.08). I have a 144 hz monitor and It's impossible to play with high setting, so usually with those bugged exe I played with medium setting.

AMD FX-8320E & Radeon RX 570. Had this 3 years, thinking of something new in next several months.

I'm also running a 570 (with a ryzen 1st gen) which has been a champ and adequate for my 1080 res. Also thinking about upgrading next year (I had some stuttering in PES20 during gameplay never knew why... even on basic gfx settings. Doubt it was hardware tho).
Hoping to grow some balls and jump into building a Ryzen 5xxx and an RTX 3xxx in '21

I'm also running a 570 (with a ryzen 1st gen) which has been a champ and adequate for my 1080 res. Also thinking about upgrading next year (I had some stuttering in PES20 during gameplay never knew why... even on basic gfx settings. Doubt it was hardware tho).
Hoping to grow some balls and jump into building a Ryzen 5xxx and an RTX 3xxx in '21

I have been watching video tutorials to build My own, once I am fully confident to do the task I will be on it.

Guys, just want your honest opinion about 2021.
I have 2020 so would it be worth it to go for 2021 ? It is giving loyalty discount which is costing me around $ 8.7 only on steam

Back
Top Bottom