English Premier League thread

I was going to use the example of the Bundesliga. Most teams there are doing things right. When I think of Hoffenheim, I'm amazed at what those guys could achieve.
Bundesliga has filled up stadiums too, as the Premiership.

Why do many Italian teams of Serie A get so many empty seats? When you think of that league, it's been exciting in the past 10 to 20 years, especially in the 90s. So many teams could challenge for the title and they had brilliant squads: Milan, Inter, Juve, Parma, Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio...
How do they turn one of the most exciting leagues in the world into something decadent and with such low attendance?

These are things to think about. It stems from well organised leagues and they are exciting to watch just the way they are right now - nevermind playoffs. I think playoffs are featured on the Champions League and domestic cups, and that's enough.

Bundesliga viewership is on its way up. Soon the German clubs will be matching English clubs in terms of revenue from broadcasting.
Meanwhile, Italian Serie A is in its current state, and the Spanish League further tips the scales in favour of the established giants by paying outrageous amounts of the TV deals to Real Madrid and Barça, while the medium and small clubs are left to rot.

I think there are lessons to be learned from the English and German leagues themselves, not the teams.

Play-offs are not fair. After more than 30 matches the best team always wins.
On the other hand play-offs make favourites nervous and give outsiders chances to In league. I personally don't like favourites to win...that is why i like play-offs.

Bundesliga viewership is on its way up. Soon the German clubs will be matching English clubs in terms of revenue from broadcasting.

That won't happen. The PL earns in a year what the Bundesliga earns over 4. In fact, the PL earns what Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga do combined

I was going to use the example of the Bundesliga. Most teams there are doing things right. When I think of Hoffenheim, I'm amazed at what those guys could achieve.
You are amazed of a club which only moved to the Bundesliga because Dietmar Hopp splashed millions into the club?

People praise the Bundesiga and yet, as I understand it, they rob the taxpayers to keep prices down.

That's worse than high ticket prices. At least high ticket prices is honest and the people who benefit foot the bill.

You are amazed of a club which only moved to the Bundesliga because Dietmar Hopp splashed millions into the club?

It is still a tiny club isn't it? Without some expert scouting they would be where QPR are now in the Premiership.

The FA.... You know NOTHING!!!!

"The scheduling was agreed after conversations with the FA and Police," a BBC spokesman said. "We hope our audience will enjoy the underdogs Reading against the holders Arsenal live on BBC One followed by extended highlights of Chelsea v Man Utd on MotD on Saturday evening."

C'mon this has me livid!!!! How can this be... FACup is becoming a joke! Chelsea vs Mutd is massive!!! In the same City (kickoff)about 10 min apart . I was looking forward to this game all week. I felt like someone kick me in the throat and ppl are asking the perpetrator (if) his foot is ok. Who at the FA didn't get their birthday cake ffs!!
Please join my rant?! Does anyone find this wrong... Is bebo yelling from a sandbar in the middle of the sinking ocean.

Coutinho in PFA shortlist over Fabregas, Matic, Aguero, Cazorla, Silva and others

:DOH:

BREAKING: The @PFA Players' POTY nominees:
Diego Costa, Philippe Coutinho, David de Gea, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane & Alexis Sanchez. #SSNHQ

Sanchez or De Gea for me.

Stupid to have voting when it is, obviously. Coutinho was on fire then and LFC were the hottest team in the country.

Hazard for me. Other players hit higher heights but only for a period. Hazard has been a near constant 8 out of 10.

Last edited:
I like Sanchez here's why 1st I'm bias. -_- get that out of the way.
He plays many positions,on the Right/Left/ ST .
He started as a dribbler which is impressive dodging n weaving (too selfish after while ) but carryed the team.
The most impressive imo , he stop dribbling and started passing more look for openings. He changed his style to benefit the team for results.
He came from a very technical league into a pacey in your face assault on the pitch league.
He won't win the best player being nominated is justice enough for being a newcomer 2 the league.

Just saw some interesting stats re: Coutinho:

1. He has the same number of assists and goals as Falcao
2. He has fewer goals+assists than Di Maria, despite playing almost 50% more minutes

Odd.

Coutinho was very average before new year. Even the Liverpool fans complained about that at the time.

I'd love it if De Gea won this, but it's gonna be Hazard and he deserves it.

About Coutinho, I agree that he should be nowhere near the nomination list.

Personally, I think Matic should have been included, because he has been without a doubt the best and most consistent midfielder in the league throughout the season.
Without him Chelsea wouldn't be champions.

I would go for De Gea, but Hazard will get it for helping Chelsea actually win something.....which I can't really argue with.

Agreed, that was disgraceful...

I also think if they had got the offside call right, Benteke would have managed to score even after being brought down.

Where's Godo to talk about referees now...

Forgetting the blatant pen on Aguero? Of course you are. :LOL:

And the clattering of Siva was another decent pen shout.

Benteke offside for one of their goals too.

Yea... clearly not robbed.

So that's another season gone...

Premier League 2014/2015

Champions: Chelsea
Runners Up: Manchester City
CL Qualification: Arsenal
CL Play offs: Manchester United
Europa League: Tottenham Hotspur
Relegated: Hull City, QPR, Burnley

Player of the Year: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Young Player of the Year: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
Golden Boot: Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
Golden Glove: Joe Hart (Manchester City)
Manager of the Year: Jose Mourinho (Chelsea)

The summer will drag.

Terry PFA? I think it's between Hazard and Sanchez again.

it will be politically motivated like when Giggs won.I see Chelsea getting CL finalist this year due to JT heroics. I`m not impress w/ the elite clubs defense. I think The OX will get it because he`s English and will be the difference before Euro`16. Aquero because he`s will be extra motivated for the last 2 disappointing seasons including WC + La Copa. Im not even a betting man lol

Back
Top Bottom