Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

Cheers all - something about playing EG makes you very fertile!

I'll be at least the 4th parent in the EG thread I think?

Me, you, Clockender, Radiation. I think that's all of us so four, yeah! If I've missed anyone out I apologize! I'm telling you, it's the whiteness of Maruyama's teeth that does something to us to make us uber fertile. :CONFUSE:

I was saying that if he wanted to buy something from the US store he could make a US account and then use his credit card to buy them, if he had a credit card and not a debit card (I think some work some don't, some get rejected because of the address but others are okay), or if he used Entropay like I have to for the Rock Band stuff.

Me, you, Clockender, Radiation. I think that's all of us so four, yeah! If I've missed anyone out I apologize! I'm telling you, it's the whiteness of Maruyama's teeth that does something to us to make us uber fertile. :CONFUSE:

Me too, I have a 20 month old little boy. so that makes 5 of us :TU:

By the way, congrats, TB :DANCE: When is your baby due? My boy was born 17th October

Is this the creche forum?

Quick question (EG related I'm afraid!), which is probably obvious but not to me.
What does the 'all out battle' feature do? Noticed it's selectable when creating an online room but I've never noticed any difference whether it's on or off.

Thanks in advance

It makes it so every character is "maxed out" with loyalty on that game. Eg.. everyone has the most full power shots, increased chances of back door putts etc.. You don't get the outfits though, you've got to earn them yourself, you only get you've already unlocked.

This game has some seriously annoying framerate drops, pisses me right off!

Just taking a swing and as the impact circle is drawing smaller, the fucking framerate decides it'll slow to a crawl and skip all over the place :censor:

Edit: FOR FUCKS SAKE! AGAIN! And AGAIN it lost me the round and the AI guy (Felipe?) won because of the fucking framerate dip. Can't be arsed with shitty framerate drops, completely ruins the game for me, especially a game like golf where timing is everything.

Edit: Fuck it, had enough now. Framerate drops are unacceptable in this day and age, and I can't play a golf game where the framerate can't even keep up with drawing objects on a screen where hardly anything is happening. Game is being sold I'm afraid, gonna get Civ Rev instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was bloody quick, sold on AVForums 22 mins after posting it!

Hoping Lego Indiana goes next, then I'll be getting Civ Rev and NCAA to replace these two :))

Just taking a swing and as the impact circle is drawing smaller, the fucking framerate decides it'll slow to a crawl and skip all over the place :censor:
Got to say, I'm addicted to the game, and I've only ever seen this once in hundreds upon hundreds of rounds. Yet I know other people who have this a lot. If it happened to me a lot, I wouldn't be able to play it either.

I've no idea what causes it, I don't know if it's drive fragmentation or what (is there some way to defragment a PS3 hard drive?) - but the only time I've ever seen it was during a custom game so I wasn't too bothered, and I've never seen it again.

Very weird.

I have had that issue only once - A reboot fixed mine, no problems since.

Did all my online updates and bought the new course and characters yesterday. Only took about 20 minutes to update which was a pleasant surprise. Might be back in time for Wednesday but I probably need to get on the driving range a bit first! Likely to be very rusty!

NNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

arggggggggggggggg...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/20/kratos-to-swing-the-clubs-of-chaos-in-hot-shots-golf/

2781665329_c399cf6402.jpg

Downloaded the update last night- took so long that I had to leave my PS3 on overnight. V annoying as I fancied an online game!

There is a new course on the Playstation Store, set in a volcanic land with dinosaurs running around all over the place. Its £3.19, for that money its worth it if you are looking for another course to challenge. The difficulty is the same as Silver Peaks.

Hey guys,

Anyone still play this game?? I still play it now and again- love the online mode.

Clock- yeah I have got that course- well worth 3 quid.

Anyone know if they are making a sequel to this game??

I'm stuck in one of the lower ranks (not the one you start as but the one up from that I think), and because everyone's either lower or higher than me I can't see any tournaments that I'm "allowed" to enter to start to rank up.

I'd love the game but there's so much wrong with it, possibly the worst bit being having to "make an appointment" to play a tournament. Switched the console on at half five, sat here waiting for the soonest available tournament that doesn't tee off until half six... So I've had to sit here for an hour, and if the hour comes around and there's less than ten players, then the tournament doesn't count towards anything...

EDIT: Eventually I got on and it was one of those STUPID rules tournaments (but it was the only one until 8pm). Land in the rough and you're disqualified. So I hit the rough and got disqualified on the third hole, then it comes up and says that because I WITHDREW FROM THE TOURNAMENT - which I didn't - I've got to wait 30 minutes until I can play again.

Try telling me this is a decent system. It's wank, it really is. The gameplay is great but the whole tournament system is totally fucked up, I wouldn't even be looking at Tiger Woods 10 if it wasn't like this.

Last edited:
I'm stuck in one of the lower ranks (not the one you start as but the one up from that I think), and because everyone's either lower or higher than me I can't see any tournaments that I'm "allowed" to enter to start to rank up.

I'd love the game but there's so much wrong with it, possibly the worst bit being having to "make an appointment" to play a tournament. Switched the console on at half five, sat here waiting for the soonest available tournament that doesn't tee off until half six... So I've had to sit here for an hour, and if the hour comes around and there's less than ten players, then the tournament doesn't count towards anything...

EDIT: Eventually I got on and it was one of those STUPID rules tournaments (but it was the only one until 8pm). Land in the rough and you're disqualified. So I hit the rough and got disqualified on the third hole, then it comes up and says that because I WITHDREW FROM THE TOURNAMENT - which I didn't - I've got to wait 30 minutes until I can play again.

Try telling me this is a decent system. It's wank, it really is. The gameplay is great but the whole tournament system is totally fucked up, I wouldn't even be looking at Tiger Woods 10 if it wasn't like this.

I never play in tournaments at all. Like you say, takes far too long to wait for them and I like to play quite fast so find it too long between holes too.

I stick to the 'Real' online mode where you can see the other players playing. Absolutely superb fun. ;)

I hope they announce a sequel soon as there are undoubtedly improvements that can be made but it's a great game imo.

I never play in tournaments at all. Like you say, takes far too long to wait for them and I like to play quite fast so find it too long between holes too.

I stick to the 'Real' online mode where you can see the other players playing. Absolutely superb fun. ;)

I hope they announce a sequel soon as there are undoubtedly improvements that can be made but it's a great game imo.

Totally agree Neil. I am up for a game mate one evening if you fancy it. Let me know...

I'm totally addicted to this again now... :BRICK:

I'm only playing in tournaments (apart from the odd match-play event with an Evo-Webber or two to get character loyalty up), and I'm desperate to get up a rank, but God it's hard. The only course they ever seem to use now is Crown Links and if I hit a ball onto a green again only to watch it speed off the side into the water I will kill myself.

Just posting this here for my own personal reference because I forget the numbers all the time, feel free to ignore me (as per usual ;))):

How do I get promoted to the next online rank?

The only way to increase your rank is to play in official online tournaments. Tournaments are either for a specific rank only (i.e.. G3,G2, G1 or G0) or are GF, which means they are rank free but they do not count towards promotion to a higher rank.

There must be at least 10 players in a ranked tournament in order to receive points towards the next rank. You also earn character loyalty when you play in tournaments.

Points are gained from each time you play a ranked tournament:

• First Place: 4 Points
  • Second Place: 3 Points
  • Top 20% Place: 2 Points
You need to gain a certain amount of points within a certain number of rounds (the points are reset after a set number of rounds depending on your grade) in order to be promoted:

• G3 to G2 Promotion: 8 Points or above
  • G2 to G1 Promotion: 20 Points or above in 20 Rounds
  • G1 to G0 Promotion: 30 Points or above in 30 Rounds
For example, 20 points in the 1st-20th games, or 21st-40th, or 41st-60th, etc...

Why was I demoted?

If you do not score enough points within a certain number of games you will be demoted to the previous rank:

• G2 to G3 Demotion: within 20 rounds you have gained 0 points
  • G1 to G2 Demotion: within 30 rounds you have gained only 2 points or less
  • G0 to G1 Demotion: within 40 rounds you have gained only 2 points or less

I had a first today while playing online..

created a game room, 18 hole on the Euro Classic course. Was pretty early in the day, so the game consisted only of 3 persons.

BUT, it was somewhat historic in the sense that all three of us managed to hit a hole in one, on separate holes. Fun times!

Can someone explain to me (in great detail because I'm thick) what the indicators around the picture of the ball at the bottom right of the screen mean?

The yellow (top) and blue (side) indicators I mean. Take a look at the bottom right of the screenshot below; you can see in this screenshot the side indicator is quite full in the top half but very low in the bottom half.

I've had a quick Google but there's a few different answers, I haven't read one concrete answer that explains it fully yet...

76_1211243775.jpg
And while I'm here, you know the guys with the severe hook or slice (left or right)? Does that effect where the ball will end up? For example if I aim a straight shot and hit it perfectly will it end up over to one side? Because I just found online I hit a shot perfectly and yet it went about 20 yards sideways straight off the tee...

EDIT: And what exactly does the "CONTROL" stat do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom