Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

Haha, look at him, he looks like he's been sleeping rough! :lol: You'll never beat the Allissmeister.

For those who play EG and wonder why/when they're going to level up... I found a guide to it today (in Japanglish, which I have rewritten). It's quite complicated, and I didn't realise you can actually LEVEL DOWN; I was worried until I realised you have to have a really, really bad streak to manage it.

----------

Points are gained from each time you play a Grade Tournament that starts with at least ten players:

• First Place: 4 Points
  • Second Place: 3 Points
  • Podium Place: 2 Points

And when you gain a certain amount of points you will be promoted:

• From G3 to G2: 8 Points or above (within infinite rounds)
  • From G2 to G1: 20 Points or above (within 20 rounds)
  • From G1 to G0: 30 Points or above (within 30 rounds)

But if you fail to gain the necessary points to level up within the rounds limit in brackets, you will remain in the same grade and the points will be reset. So if you're G2, like me, and after your 20th round you have 10pts, your score will then be reset and when you start your 21st round it will essentially be your first round again, with 0pts under your belt.

You can also be demoted:

• From G0 to G1: 2pts (or less) in 40 rounds
  • From G1 to G2: 2pts (or less) in 30 rounds
  • From G2 to G3: 0pts in 20 rounds

Points are also reset when you are promoted or demoted.

Last edited:
Just bought this so hopefully I'll join you guys for some games shortly :)

Can my mate (playing locally on the same machine) join online tournaments along with me in the same tournament?

Must, must, must, must get round to playing this with you guys. Please hurry up ingame XMB - I often see some of you playing it, but are put off sending a message as I know its a pain in the ass to log out and check them etc.

As a side note (for JB really), EG2 for PSP is out today...

My copy arrived today, I'll be online tonight if anyone fancies a few easy wins against me? :LOL:

I hardly know anything about golf with regards to what clubs to use etc so I'll be crap!

Can my mate (playing locally on the same machine) join online tournaments along with me in the same tournament?
Unfortunately not. :(

Would help if I had a PSP. ;)

My nephew might lend me his but he's started using it as an MP3 player, he's an emo now. So it could prove difficult.

Unfortunately not. :(

Would help if I had a PSP. ;)

My nephew might lend me his but he's started using it as an MP3 player, he's an emo now. So it could prove difficult.

A shit - sorry dude, "Emo-itis", horrible disease :(

I thought you'd stolen it off him in anticipation of EG2... but never mind! I'll grab it later and post any thoughts if I can be at all arsed.

Must, must, must, must get round to playing this with you guys. Please hurry up ingame XMB - I often see some of you playing it, but are put off sending a message as I know its a pain in the ass to log out and check them etc.

Does everyone know that, when you are in the lobby on EG(running about with your little man etc) you can press 'select' on the controller and read/send messages over the Playstation network. Also see if your friends are online and what game they are playing (I think).

Apologies if this is commonly know- I just stumbled upon it the other day but pressing 'select' by accident. Thought it was a pretty neat feature and that some others may also have been unaware- cheers

Does everyone know that, when you are in the lobby on EG(running about with your little man etc) you can press 'select' on the controller and read/send messages over the Playstation network. Also see if your friends are online and what game they are playing (I think).

Apologies if this is commonly know- I just stumbled upon it the other day but pressing 'select' by accident. Thought it was a pretty neat feature and that some others may also have been unaware- cheers

Yea, this is why it shows that ingame XMB can be achieved - but I think as its only in the lobby section, its still quite CPU/Network intensive (hopefully not in a weeks time!)

Just joined a lobby, looking for a tournament and I can't join anything? I'm not ranked high enough to join the vast majority it seems, the others dont seem to give a reason.

Changing the filter and looking through all of the time slots, it just says "No tournaments available for entry" for the next ten hours?!

Also, how can I see how far I've got to progress to the next level?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just joined a lobby, looking for a tournament and I can't join anything? I'm not ranked high enough to join the vast majority it seems, the others dont seem to give a reason.

Changing the filter and looking through all of the time slots, it just says "No tournaments available for entry" for the next ten hours?!
When you start you can only play in GF events, when you get a podium finish once or twice you get promoted to G3 and then the real fun starts. If you can't even get into a GF event it's probably because you haven't unlocked enough - you can't play properly online until you unlock at least three courses and a couple of intermediate golfers, otherwise every event will be hosted somewhere you can't play, with a player you can't use. You unlock them all by playing in the challenge mode offline.

Also, how can I see how far I've got to progress to the next level?
See this guide (unfortunately the game won't tell you how many points you've got, you have to work it out for yourself):

Points are gained from each time you play a Grade Tournament that starts with at least ten players:

• First Place: 4 Points
  • Second Place: 3 Points
  • Podium Place: 2 Points

And when you gain a certain amount of points you will be promoted:

• From G3 to G2: 8 Points or above (within infinite rounds)
  • From G2 to G1: 20 Points or above (within 20 rounds)
  • From G1 to G0: 30 Points or above (within 30 rounds)

But if you fail to gain the necessary points to level up within the rounds limit in brackets, you will remain in the same grade and the points will be reset. So if you're G2, like me, and after your 20th round you have 10pts, your score will then be reset and when you start your 21st round it will essentially be your first round again, with 0pts under your belt.

You can also be demoted:

• From G0 to G1: 2pts (or less) in 40 rounds
  • From G1 to G2: 2pts (or less) in 30 rounds
  • From G2 to G3: 0pts in 20 rounds

Points are also reset when you are promoted or demoted.

Last edited:
Cheers JB.

I'll never understand golf games. I hit a perfect shot, perfect strength and perfect impact, noticed the wind, everything set. Yet the ball still ends up miles away from where the indicator says it'll end up.

I REALLY need some tips here, chaps. I'm doing exactly what is asked of me, but the ball is ending up nowhere near where it says.

It's especially annoying when trying to get onto the green as not once has the ball ended up close to where my marker was set. It just seems completely random where the ball will finish up, if I expect it to go further than it says, I put less power on and it WAY underpowers the shot. If I do the same power, it goes past the marker, and obviously more power means it sails over. It just seems too hard to even get remotely close to judging where the ball will land. I'm using the traditional shots by the way.

Oh, and I'm getting sick of seeing and hearing "NICE SHOT!" because it's never a nice shot, they say it even when you end up in a bunker :roll:

Look at the indicator on the bottom left, the picture of the ball. Is the ground level or is it on an angle? If it slants from top-left to bottom-right it will fly off to the right, if it slants from bottom-left to top-right it will fly off to the left.

Look at the wind indicator on the top right of the screen, if it's 3m-4m strong you need to hit it quite far to the opposite direction of the wind, depending on how far the shot is (the longer the ball is in the air, the more it is affected by the wind).

Figure out what each line on the shot guage is and you can land it inch-perfect. If you've got a 100yd club, and you're 70yds away, hit it a smidge under the 3/4 mark (which would be 75yds). If you think you're going to overhit it (which you can predict - if you're only going to hit a smidge under 75yds then it will probably want to go 2-3yds so far), stick super-backspin on it if you can. To do that, HOLD up on the D-pad while the swing guage is filling, then HOLD down on the D-pad while the swing guage is returning to the start. Hit the mark dead-centre and you'll get super-backspin - if you've unlocked it. But even if you don't get it dead-centre, you'll still get backspin.

On the greens, for every yard (or meter, I forget) uphill or downhill you add or subtract that to the distance. For example, if you're 5.0m away, and it's 0.5yds uphill, you hit it with the power of a 5.5m putt.

Just tried Advanced Shots and absoloutely caned the course :D

Cheers for the tips JB :TU:

Damn game, ridiculously addictive ...

Edit: WAHAY! Chipped in from 162yds! :DANCE:

Can someone explain how my marker was AFTER the pin, i put less than 100% power on, the wind is blowing towards me, I put back-spin on ... and the ball ends up about 10ft after the pin?!

And then just had a shot where the ball was going to go way past the marker, so played around 80% of the power and it fell short of the pin by a mile, and I mean a mile. NOWHERE near where the marker was. It all just seems pretty random to me at the moment, I just dont get it.

Edit: I'm judging these markers COMPLETELY wrong. I set my marker about 2yrds away from the pin. With full power and no wind, it ended up approx 25yds away from the pin. Is the marker where the ball hits the ground first (as I'm assuming it is) or where the ball is expected to stop after the rolling once it lands? Because I just can't gauge this marker whatsoever.

Edit again: Fuck it, I give up. I've played other golf games and I know how to judge wind, judge power gauges and slopes but this just doesn't add up to me. It seems that if I don't put 100% power on the shot when the marker is after where I want it to go, I fall sort of my marker by at least twice as much. None of this makes any sense to me and it's starting to piss me off a bit now, it's just like playing lottery golf as far as I'm concerned.

Damn game, ridiculously addictive ...

Edit: WAHAY! Chipped in from 162yds! :DANCE:

Can someone explain how my marker was AFTER the pin, i put less than 100% power on, the wind is blowing towards me, I put back-spin on ... and the ball ends up about 10ft after the pin?!

And then just had a shot where the ball was going to go way past the marker, so played around 80% of the power and it fell short of the pin by a mile, and I mean a mile. NOWHERE near where the marker was. It all just seems pretty random to me at the moment, I just dont get it.

Edit: I'm judging these markers COMPLETELY wrong. I set my marker about 2yrds away from the pin. With full power and no wind, it ended up approx 25yds away from the pin. Is the marker where the ball hits the ground first (as I'm assuming it is) or where the ball is expected to stop after the rolling once it lands? Because I just can't gauge this marker whatsoever.

Edit again: Fuck it, I give up. I've played other golf games and I know how to judge wind, judge power gauges and slopes but this just doesn't add up to me. It seems that if I don't put 100% power on the shot when the marker is after where I want it to go, I fall sort of my marker by at least twice as much. None of this makes any sense to me and it's starting to piss me off a bit now, it's just like playing lottery golf as far as I'm concerned.

Can't concur with much of that tbh mate. Perhaps you aren't taking into account these further factors-

- Height of pin. The indicator at the top middle shows you if the pin is higher or lower than your ball. If higher, needs to hit very slightly harder and vice versa.

- Lie of ball. The bottom right hand corner shows the lie of your ball. If you are in the rough for example, it will say something like 70-90. This means that you will hit the ball within the range of 70%-90% of the club length. The indicators showing where your ball will end up do not take into account the lie and assume it's perfect.

I dont rely too heavily on the markers but find the figures to be accurate.

In general, it's a superb game and far better than other golf ones imo.

Cheers

I don't think it's a fault of the game, Neil. Like I say, I've tried other golf games too, I just don't understand how the marker actually works because I'm sure I'm taking everything into account.

I'm sure I'll learn :)

Cheers for those pointers too :)

Any tips for getting onto the green? My marker is showing as 100% being about 5ft past the pin, with wind against my back of, say 4mph. So I try to compensate this by either choosing a different club which has the marker short of the pin by 5ft but expecting the wind to carry it, or hit with less strength.

But either way I do it, the ball ALWAYS falls WAY short of my marker, by about 10-15ft. I've checked the lie of the ball and it's hardly slanted?

Also, can someone explain a few of the screen icons? Where it says "normal" and you can change to a power shot, what's the number inside? The icon showing the ball position, what's the bar above it, and the number? And what is the meter to the right of the ball? Next to the club icon, when I zoom in, it has a red flag, grass, and a yellow flag and it currently says 8y, but I'm WAY further than 8yards away?

For God's sake Dags, there is a manual that comes with the game you know... :|

When approaching the green I always (except when it's REALLY uphill or downhill, 10yds+) pick whichever club marker is closest to the pin, whether it's short or past the flag. It leaves less room for error. If the marker is short I'll hit it full-on with nothing special, if the marker is past I'll hit it a TINY bit short of full-whack and put super-backspin on it.

The number in the power shot indicator is the number of power shots you have left. Press square to do a power-shot, press square twice if you have a driver and you'll get a super-power-shot - without a driver you can't do that.

The bar above the ball shows how easy it is to spin the ball in that direction, which takes the slope of the ground and your golfer's swing (some have natural hooks/fades) into account. The number just echoes that (a red number means left and a blue number means right). The bar to the right of the ball is the same but relates to topspin/backspin. If the top bar is "more full" than the bottom line then top-spin will be more effective, and vice-versa (I might have that the wrong way around because I rarely pay attention to it, but I think that's right).

Not sure what you mean about the thing that's "next to the club icon". If you mean the icon at the top of the screen, that's how far uphill or downhill the flag is. If you mean the little diagram at the bottom of the screen, you are the far-right icon (the circle with the down-arrow underneath), the flag is the red flag icon, and the down-arrow on it's own is where your aim-marker is. It's to show you the slope of the ground. If you're on a downward slope the shot will be low-trajectory, which will land you in trouble if e.g. there's a bunker in-front of the green and you hit a normal shot. On an upward slope the shot will be high-trajectory, so watch you don't hit any trees.

The manual is shit though, PROPER advice from people playing is FAR better than the manual which hardly explains anything.

You guys use traditional or advanced shots? I just can't get used to the impact timing window in traditional, always skewing my shots, I'm a lot better on advanced.

Just moved up to level four, beat Bjorn and it said an Intermediate character has appeared :D

For God's sake Dags, there is a manual that comes with the game you know... :|

When approaching the green I always (except when it's REALLY uphill or downhill, 10yds+) pick whichever club marker is closest to the pin, whether it's short or past the flag. It leaves less room for error. If the marker is short I'll hit it full-on with nothing special, if the marker is past I'll hit it a TINY bit short of full-whack and put super-backspin on it.

The number in the power shot indicator is the number of power shots you have left. Press square to do a power-shot, press square twice if you have a driver and you'll get a super-power-shot - without a driver you can't do that.

The bar above the ball shows how easy it is to spin the ball in that direction, which takes the slope of the ground and your golfer's swing (some have natural hooks/fades) into account. The number just echoes that (a red number means left and a blue number means right). The bar to the right of the ball is the same but relates to topspin/backspin. If the top bar is "more full" than the bottom line then top-spin will be more effective, and vice-versa (I might have that the wrong way around because I rarely pay attention to it, but I think that's right).

Not sure what you mean about the thing that's "next to the club icon". If you mean the icon at the top of the screen, that's how far uphill or downhill the flag is. If you mean the little diagram at the bottom of the screen, you are the far-right icon (the circle with the down-arrow underneath), the flag is the red flag icon, and the down-arrow on it's own is where your aim-marker is. It's to show you the slope of the ground. If you're on a downward slope the shot will be low-trajectory, which will land you in trouble if e.g. there's a bunker in-front of the green and you hit a normal shot. On an upward slope the shot will be high-trajectory, so watch you don't hit any trees.

So that's where I'm going wrong! Never knew half of that tbh!

Back
Top Bottom