Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

For me, the best online experience is when you get 8 people playing at once.

Hmmmm, maybe it's just me, but this sounds uncannily like our evo-web competitions?

Come on Neil, get your name down! What's your PSN name?

Hi all... greetings from OZ.

Is there some kind soul on this board who can help an old guy, (67), understand where the limits of Everybody's Golf lie, and what can... and cant... be unlocked?

Are there, (for instance), any 'Challenge Levels' beyond Level 10?
I'm torturing myself these days, trying (unsuccessfully), to get sub Par rounds on all courses. For no particularly sensible reason, I persist in the hopefull belief that further levels exist. Do they?
(I'm sub Par on everything except a couple of Crown Links rounds btw).

Also... I've heard of players, (or is it characters), being at Level 15.
I don't get it. If Challenge Levels go to Level 10, and character Loyalty Levels go to 13, what's Level 15?

Now I've started finding "Capsules".
So far I've found a Glider and a Helicopter. Do they mean anything? I noticed that after I won the Helicopter, one flew over the Highland course as I played.

Thanks for any explanations you can offer.
You wont find me online in EG btw, (too old, too stupid, and too slow :-)), but you might find me dodging idiots on GT5P... PSN Gasket... :-)

Remember, if it's e.g. 17cm downhill (the number next to the up or down icon at the top-middle of the screen), you take 1.7 off the length of the putt. So if it was 5.0m away and 17cm downhill, you hit it with the power of a 3.3m putt. And if it's uphill you add it on, so 5.0m and 17cm uphill means putt with the power of a 6.7m putt.

how i do it is:

if the pin is 15cms uphill, using the default putter power setting, ie. not pressing 'square', i add on 1.5 notches on the power meter past where the pin lies, and take off a bit of break, ie aim slightly closer to the hole. likewise for downhill puts, i still use the 1 notch=10cms technique, but add a bit of break, ie. aim further away from the hole...

using this 1notch=10cms, it always gets the power exactly right...

Last edited:
Are there, (for instance), any 'Challenge Levels' beyond Level 10?

snip

Also... I've heard of players, (or is it characters), being at Level 15.
I don't get it. If Challenge Levels go to Level 10, and character Loyalty Levels go to 13, what's Level 15?

OK, I've kind of answered this myself. I just went up to Level 11 after lowering a couple of my scores. I guess as long as I keep lowering my scores, my Level will keep going up.

I'm still wondering though, how many 'Capsules' (and other goodies), there are.

Yep, the more good scores you get on all the courses, the better your level gets.

I have no idea how many other goodies are available, I suppose you just keep going. If I ever find out I'll post it in here.

In Japan, an Oz based golf course has just become available for download. The rest of us will probably need to wait another 6 months though.

I am stuck on Level 10, do I have to get these scores in challenge mode or just a normal stroke play game?

I just work at lowering my 'Single-Play', 'Stroke' scores.
'Challenge Mode' also lowers your stats, but 'Multiplayer', (which I play a bit with my partner), doesn't.
I don't know how 'Online' effects your stats.

I am stuck on Level 10, do I have to get these scores in challenge mode or just a normal stroke play game?

I was on level 10 for ages (about two weeks) and within 3 rounds I had gone up two levels to 13. I then went up to Level 14 just by playing a normal round of strokeplay.

If you look at all your scores, look at the courses where you think you could or should do better. That's what decides your level I think.

If you look at all your scores, look at the courses where you think you could or should do better. That's what decides your level I think.

Yep, that's my thinking too. Around the time I completed Challenge Level 10 I recall seeing a loading screen that suggested I 'improve [my] scores even further', (or words to that general effect).
For me though, that's easier said than done:))

I was on level 10 for ages (about two weeks) and within 3 rounds I had gone up two levels to 13. I then went up to Level 14 just by playing a normal round of strokeplay.

Tel, cheers for that.

Although how do I improve on -41 on the safari course? Well thats what my stats say anyway! :lol:

An update for this is arriving at 10am tomorrow morning - apparently new characters will be available, but the game says to "keep an eye on PS Store", so I wonder if we'll have to pay for them. Bit disappointing if that's the case, don't see the point in paying for characters if you can do just as good a job with the current ones. I hope there's a new course as well but they haven't mentioned it.

EDIT: Just two characters, both girls, not interested in either of them. :(

"Russian beauty Gloria is known to many on the circuit as the 'Temptress of the Green'. At 24 years old she is one of the mainstays of the Everybody's Golf series.

23 year old TV presenter Alex hails from the USA, and became interested in golf after hosting a golfing programme."

Last edited:
Yeah, just read about them on everybodysgolfgame.com - not interested. Saying that, the link you posted says they're 99c each, which is 50p. I doubt they'll charge 50p over here, £2.50 knowing this frigging country, but if they're £1 or less I might be tempted (if it means a few more online events that you can enter).

Tonight. :)

Get me added to your PSN friends list so that when the game is set to "friends only", you get in. If you haven't already that is.

The new characters are 69p - not bad really!

Doesn't say if they're amateur, intermediate or pro though. Bit dubious. And I'd only buy them if there were tournaments with them in.

I've started using Advanced shots now, and I used to HATE them, but I'm actually doing better with them on!! Alex is now my new favourite character with advanced shots, she just seems to be so good! Good control and distance with her.

It's been confirmed. Seabass has been sacked from the Winning Eleven team, and he's been made project manager of Everybody's Golf on PSP.

2495288527_979c5664b5_o.jpg

:LOL:

I love that the characters are only 69p - thats one thing i didn't like about the 360's EU store, that they up the price to match the USA numbers. so $4.99 is £4.99.

Has anyone bought them yet and are they any good?

Alex is alright yeah! She's my most used character now. I think I've only tried Gloria once, I found her difficult to use. It's worth getting them, especially cause they're so cheap.

The way they arrange the tournaments is really getting on my tits now, it's so stupid. For a start I'm realising that 90% of people don't realise you can press L2/R2 and go through tournaments in different rooms, the tournaments in room one are always the full ones even if they've got crappy rules.

Yesterday I witnessed two conversations with one guy saying "you realise you can press L2/R2 and scroll through the rooms" (which takes half an hour to say because of the pathetic amount of letters you're restricted to, you might as well text them and "tlk lik dis"), and the other person admitted they had no idea. I don't understand how you wouldn't know that, it says you can do that on the screen for God's sake! It's not like it's hidden away!

What's pissing me off though is that they have all the same rules at the same time. I'm looking for a G2 event and 9/10 of the events are "advanced shots only". The only event that isn't is in room eight, kicks off in five minutes, and nobody else is joining it.

So I've got to wait an hour before I can find a tournament that isn't advanced swing only and has 10 players or more. It's ridiculous!

Last edited:
Peter Allis!!!!! For christ sake, I'm not posting again till he is removed!!!

Back
Top Bottom