Few informations about PES6 "Beta" - PS2

Re: Few informations about PES6 - PS2

Please can anyone tell me how many players can play in an online competition, and how are the competitions structured, is it a simple knockout or something else

Wot is the kit editin like in the in-game editor?? Is it ne diff and can ya hav mor layers or nethin like dat?...can ya take a pic of all the diff number and letter styles u can use as well pls..

Also, wot is the boot editin like can ya create ne real life boots like vapours last time wiv diff layers?...

Ne pics of the editin section wud b appreciated as I am quite a keen editor!

Eh guy just a little question About the league mode .What about the crowd ?is it still missing when you play??because it's little bit strange to play a barca real in an empty stadium...:roll:

There looks to be improvemente across the board, some really good new animations that help things a lot. played a few games and I'm very impressed.

Wide angle works great with no slowdown. :D

I add "Beta" on the title, because only French language, no nike ball, no snow, can't buy ball in PES-Shop etc...

At the beginning of the thread you talk of "better ball physics", but I really think that physics are bad. The ball turns into pinball mode too many times. Even players collide very unrealistically.

You also talk about "better co-op position" but again I think it's not true. As an example, 2 nasty things that happened in pes5 and happen again:

- You and a mate of your team go alone from midfield towards the goalkeeper. For some reason, your mate tends to simply stop running and letting you alone. In pes4, I used to score a lot of goals by creating very good counterattacks and doing 2 -1 to the keeper, and scoring on an empty net. It looked really great as intelligent football, and you had to work your play to have those 2 strikers go alone at full speed at the right time. Now you can't do this. For some reason, your mate goes away or do strange runs to the side.

- The horrible "defender goes away just when a pass is coming" is still there. Someone does a diagonal through ball to the side and your side back had begun a run towards the other direction. That is a terrible flaw that you could exploit in human vs. human and in fact, in online matches you always do a lot of harm when the sidebacks go away on a trip to somewhere. Sometimes, CBs also do this runaways letting big gaps in your defense.

These are 2 examples of crap AI that they should have solved. Specially the second one. Generally speaking, I think that the current AI is not better than the AI in PES4. And I just played pes4 again to make sure.

ThomasGOAL said:
I add "Beta" on the title, because only French language, no nike ball, no snow, can't buy ball in PES-Shop etc...

but nike ball is there, exclusive with LFP license, if you play LFP...

drekkard said:
At the beginning of the thread you talk of "better ball physics", but I really think that physics are bad. The ball turns into pinball mode too many times. Even players collide very unrealistically.

You also talk about "better co-op position" but again I think it's not true. As an example, 2 nasty things that happened in pes5 and happen again:

- You and a mate of your team go alone from midfield towards the goalkeeper. For some reason, your mate tends to simply stop running and letting you alone. In pes4, I used to score a lot of goals by creating very good counterattacks and doing 2 -1 to the keeper, and scoring on an empty net. It looked really great as intelligent football, and you had to work your play to have those 2 strikers go alone at full speed at the right time. Now you can't do this. For some reason, your mate goes away or do strange runs to the side.

- The horrible "defender goes away just when a pass is coming" is still there. Someone does a diagonal through ball to the side and your side back had begun a run towards the other direction. That is a terrible flaw that you could exploit in human vs. human and in fact, in online matches you always do a lot of harm when the sidebacks go away on a trip to somewhere. Sometimes, CBs also do this runaways letting big gaps in your defense.

These are 2 examples of crap AI that they should have solved. Specially the second one. Generally speaking, I think that the current AI is not better than the AI in PES4. And I just played pes4 again to make sure.

Exactly, i have now played 5 Matches(totaly over 60 this weekend all on Proffesional) with france agains Cech republik, when you dont touch the strategys, Henry stands alone forward, and you cant do correct an counterattack because you have no one to give the final pass!
Also the offsidetrapp is a big problem, if you set this in strategy on High, Ai will kill you and come often Tet a tet with your goelkeeper!!!!!!

Pes 6 is very hard defence balanced, that is what kills the offensive moves, also you can see that the AI takes 3defenres on your CF whn he gets the ball, also the AI do a lot of fouls when you trick them out!
I play on proffesional level, atributes normal!

I have to check out what is possible in the menus for finding a Formation tha can counter out this heavy defense, but it will be hard, because loosing the ball without tackles is easy now.Two defenders on the man with the ball, and when he falls down no Foul and you got the Ball!
This will be interesting in human VS human matches, isee a lot o PS2 controlles fluying around!
This time its not tha PES6 feels different, i dont like the AI and i dont like the ballphysiks, when we9 comes out first matches i thought :hey what is this for Shit but after 10 Matches i start loving this Game!

Now with we10 but more with PES6 i get totaly bored, this is not We10, this is a amix of We10 and WE8!!! but totaly defending gamestyle!

Its not the problem to learn something new(as i have done with we9Gameplay) but now there is no balance between offensive and defensive, you can see how string the Ai presses, and how easy you loose the balls, so you have to do turns and you have to pass fast! but the gamespeed is high and so it looks unrealistic! also the passin is not correct! now the :r2: +:triangle: works great, but only:triangle: the defender is always faster(AIcheating):shock: ! every welltime :triangle: pass goes to defender or you get stopped by foul from a defender!

Last edited:
Dont mean to nag on but is it possible for someone to post the stats and faces of Prso, Burke, Boyd and Ferguson of Rangers please? :)

why is everyone moaning? just stfu, because ur gonna buy PES6 anyway!

if you dont like the game, or your not happy with the lack of new features, then dont buy it!!! or if you already downloaded a copy, dont play it anymore, simple as...for fuck sake, go n play Fifa!

im sick of scrolling through pages and pages of people moaning like bitches. You should be grateful that Konami have created this wonderful game for us.

Haha! it's the same thing every year. People moan then praise then moan again. I like the defensive game. It's natural as it reflects todays football.

jimis said:
Exactly, i have now played 5 Matches(totaly over 60 this weekend all on Proffesional) with france agains Cech republik, when you dont touch the strategys, Henry stands alone forward, and you cant do correct an counterattack because you have no one to give the final pass!
Also the offsidetrapp is a big problem, if you set this in strategy on High, Ai will kill you and come often Tet a tet with your goelkeeper!!!!!!

Pes 6 is very hard defence balanced, that is what kills the offensive moves, also you can see that the AI takes 3defenres on your CF whn he gets the ball, also the AI do a lot of fouls when you trick them out!
I play on proffesional level, atributes normal!

I have to check out what is possible in the menus for finding a Formation tha can counter out this heavy defense, but it will be hard, because loosing the ball without tackles is easy now.Two defenders on the man with the ball, and when he falls down no Foul and you got the Ball!
This will be interesting in human VS human matches, isee a lot o PS2 controlles fluying around!
This time its not tha PES6 feels different, i dont like the AI and i dont like the ballphysiks, when we9 comes out first matches i thought :hey what is this for Shit but after 10 Matches i start loving this Game!

Now with we10 but more with PES6 i get totaly bored, this is not We10, this is a amix of We10 and WE8!!! but totaly defending gamestyle!

Its not the problem to learn something new(as i have done with we9Gameplay) but now there is no balance between offensive and defensive, you can see how string the Ai presses, and how easy you loose the balls, so you have to do turns and you have to pass fast! but the gamespeed is high and so it looks unrealistic! also the passin is not correct! now the :r2: +:triangle: works great, but only:triangle: the defender is always faster(AIcheating):shock: ! every welltime :triangle: pass goes to defender or you get stopped by foul from a defender!

Your first point is rubbish, make a strategy then! I like it that you really have to change your tactics if your team doesn't work. More realism.

Making a goal in real life is harder than in PES 5. I'm glad I have to work for my goals now, to find space, then give a :triangle: pass and see how your attack succeeds! Players in real life foul a player too when he tricks him out. I like the AI.

The Defending game style is just realism. How many clubs in real life play defensive? Almost all do!

The ''doing turns part'' of your story is rubbish too IMO, just play fine and the ball will be yours. You have to pass fast in real life too, don't you?

The gamespeed is lower than in PES 5, more realism again.

I don't know much about the :triangle: pass, I hope you're not right.

EDIT: Counter attack isn't that hard as you explain. I just think PES has become more realistic. A game will be decided by a few moments, just in real life. Also, in PES 6, it's just harder to counter attack with Eto'o than with Ronaldinho or Messi. I noticed in some movies, that if you pass to someone, the passing player will walk further, so that you can pass back and eliminate a defender!

Last edited:
ThomasGOAL said:

probably it's true although the gameplay should be exacly the same.
One thing that surely made my mind about was a scandalous bug I found yesterday:

Puyol as the freekick taker for a foul inside my own field and he simply refused to take the kick. He wandered around like a crazy lama, at one point he was 10,15 meters away from the freekick place, in front of me. I had to change kicker to get the job done. Either they remove it or Seabass will have to make up some crappy motiv, the "marijuana factor" or something, for this behaviour.

Sorry folks I've got a question. What is the best way to cross and give a good header? In WE10 it was when you give an early cross from the wings with pushing O only once. Now I feel it's different.........so how? Thnx

Does the logo editor change from we10?
In fact, can you make more than one colour on a logo again? (couldn't in we)

Amsterdammer said:
Sorry folks I've got a question. What is the best way to cross and give a good header? In WE10 it was when you give an early cross from the wings with pushing O only once. Now I feel it's different.........so how? Thnx

Early crosses are kind of good still, I prefer lifted low cross :r2: + double :circle: tap, you need to experiment some.

also :l1: + :triangle: lifted through pass is excellent when you're entering penalty area, it's like mini cross, very useful and tricky

Last edited:
Hey guys i just want to know this version of pes6.
is it the official final game or is it a beta version??????
please because im sure if its only in the french language its a beta or is it final?

I'd be very grateful if you could post up screenshots of hossein kaebi (iran), jimmy bullard (fulham), julio cruz (inter & argentina), kolo toure (arsenal & ivory coast), Masili (AS Roma), Song Bilong (Arsenal), Guarin(St. Etienne), Kranjcar (Portsmouth), Ismael Bangoura (Le Mans UC72), Denilson (Arsenal), Dos Santos (Barcelona), Arenas (SS Lazio), Andy Johnson (Everton). I know this is a huge list and a lot to ask, so if you could get a few of these done it would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom