FIFA 08

There is a "special" penalty kick that the player takes a long run up that starts from outside the box, can't remember which ones have it but I've seen it in the database to be assigned to players, maybe that was it?

Are the servers always complete shite these days? Just won a Leage Cup Qtr final away to Villa in the 117th minute with a goal from around 40 yards out so obviously wanted to upload it, 20 attempts and 18 failed, best I could cobble together was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_GCWsW38U

Hardly shows anything other than an empty net (Carson had rushed out of his goal to get a long ball forward from Simek, hoofed it clear straight to Tudgay who put it away first time).......

If theres one thing that i cant figure out in this game is freekicks, i just have no idea how to score them.

Thats the thing Tim, i would say i was good at them in PES but for some reason it doesnt work for me in FIFA, the ball never seems to curl for me or it doesnt have the pace on it to get past the keeper.

I'm scared to do anything fancy with the free-kicks, I just point it at the corner and get the power-bar up to about 30%. If it makes it over the wall it will go in, but most of the time it won't. How you're supposed to judge the power I have no idea, it's different for every player.

Maybe it's psychosomatic but I find that to get good curl on the freekick I aim just outside the left or right post, point up left/up right and do my power, then once the power's set immediately move the left stick to the opposite side and that puts nice curl on the ball......

Just been having a go of Be-A-Pro. There should definately be an option to state whether or not players can choose Any player or just stick to the one. I don't think I've ever played a game when everybody sticks to one player.

Ah I remember how to do free kicks: Personally, I press the power AND direction at EXACTLY the same time. And this gives me adequate power, plus some very nice curl, obviously it depends which player you have too, Beckham can generate a lot of curl ala real life. So as Placebo says I aim just outside the right hand post for example, then press diagonally up and left and shoot button at the same time, this would set the ball wide of the post and curl it into the top corner, if the power is judged correctly :)).

Though I haven't missed FIFA loads, some cunts are gonna pay on Thursday after my two week absence :)).

Cant imagine no-one has seen this bug with penalties, happens alot to me.

During a shoot out, watch a replay of a goal/save. Occasionally, the next penalty is taken from the centre spot, and travels at about 300mph. All the other two sides are standing right next to you too.

Honestly, try it, must have happened 20 times or so if I have watched a replay of a penalty

Yeah loving it dan! Played some cracking online games with CW on my team, twice we trailed and trned it round to win the match! I'm going to play a sinle player FA Cup today so will see how the AI is again!

Other way round I got rid of UEFA after just a few games, the bugs and scripts in 08 still annoy the hell out of me sometimes but still playing it...

See, I got rid of Fifa because I can't stand the response times. UEFA is brilliant when you don't play against the crappy teams.

Well I got knocked out of the FA Cup with Forest in the first match :LOL:. But I have started a Premiership with Arsenal, though I may start it again now I'm at home and on Xbox Live again as the squads file was the original one on the game :SS.

Anyone know how I can edit a player's stats in the edit mode? I'm talking about in-game players and not created ones. I wish it was as simple as PES.

Back
Top Bottom