FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

The 2nd one where they don't start off in the tunnel? There's frames missing from it all the way through so it looks jerky which stops it looking remotely close to the actual game IMO.

It was the same last year with these early, but informative videos.They are clearly early builds that need all sorts of stuff sorting out and, to be fair, it was pretty smooth by the time we got it.

I am not concerned with wrist bands showing through shirts, framerate/jumpy scenes or crowd quirks.They will no doubt be corrected come October:))

PS thanks for your efforts with the vids and stuff, i think I speak for everyone when I say its appreciated:SMOKIN:

Maybe you need to watch the insults, you've already got two warnings against your name. It's called an "opinion", you seem to have a problem with opinions.

That comparison you've just posted shows exactly what Oli and I are talking about, look at his brow (I didn't realise virtual Malouda was evil) and look at his cheeks.

I am sorry i didnt know the mods were untouchable, if you cant have someone disagree with you then dont post just moderate :YAWN:

And you said you didnt recognize it was Malouda at first.....you mean to tell the eyebrows makes you think he was someone else? :THINK: :|

And if Malouda was angry in real life his eyebrow will be like that too, i dont know why Malouda is angry in FIFA :|

I agree wih you.I dont get that we have real football fans producing the game and they can't see that old Trafford nets are pure white and react with a huge exsplosion when hit.The nets in the vids are black and react like steel cages....................all wrooooooonggggggg.the nets at portsmouth,real madrid, munich, etc etc etc are all completely different and react differently.....it matters, its all part of the realism and atmosphere we crave for.

You're fantastic Dr Force! ;) This is exactly what I mean!

Last edited:

Maybe we should just give it a rest about the nets now.....love it or loathe it, they're the same as last year. I think we've grasped that some people are upset about that but there isn't really much mileage in debating it is there?

Maybe we should just give it a rest about the nets now.....love it or loathe it, they're the same as last year. I think we've grasped that some people are upset about that but there isn't really much mileage in debating it is there?

True;)) they are not that bad anyway, its just "could do better".

Still going to be great though:))

It would of been nice if they had changed the commentary slightly.. Its the same lines of dialogue as last yrs games.. A little bit dissapointing if u ask me.. :TD:

Seeing as these builds are VERY old, my guess is the new commentary will be added later

I dunno....it's getting a bit close to release date for there to be enormous changes. Mostly just tweaking and bug fixing at this stage.

fifa 08 still gives me the horn, so i'm thinking 09 will be truly numero uno

I agree with Coopz - I never look at the faces anyway, the main playing camera is too far away to see players faces, and no-one ever watches cut scenes so it's not a major issue for me!

I'm pleased to see the player models look a lot better this year, as someone pointed out, Tevez is stocky where as Giggs is lean, it does make a difference :TU:.

I dunno....it's getting a bit close to release date for there to be enormous changes. Mostly just tweaking and bug fixing at this stage.

Well the build everyone was playing on the visit to EA was about 6 weeks old, so it's possible that the footage we're seeing is also 6 weeks old, so hopefully a lot of the commentary was recorded just not implemented yet, at the very least they should redo all the match intros, they can't force another year of "I see more of him than I see of my wife, it's Andy Gray" ;)

I'm pleased to see the player models look a lot better this year, as someone pointed out, Tevez is stocky where as Giggs is lean, it does make a difference :TU:.

Especially now that attributes affect jostling and collisions :DD

I agree with Coopz - I never look at the faces anyway, the main playing camera is too far away to see players faces, and no-one ever watches cut scenes so it's not a major issue for me!

having walcott looking like he has straight shiny hair with a white complexion is more of an issue then how the nets look.

each to there own but the faces in fifa09 are pathetic

having walcott looking like he has straight shiny hair with a white complexion is more of an issue then how the nets look.

each to there own but the faces in fifa09 are pathetic

Maybe he has been looking after his hair? instead of taking two bottles into the shower he just takes one now?

Did you ever think of that?

the builds the journalist play are not the latest builds, they could be over a month old, all ea whats to show them is the enhanced gameplay and the collision system

I noticed they still have the old cutscene when you miss a sitter the player falls on his knees with his head in his hands,now they can get rid of that.

I'm really impressed with the two videos I've watched - Man Utd v Barca and Arsenal v Chelsea.

The refereeing animations look good, running in pointing at the foul and signalling which team the kick has gone to, linesmen signalling for fouls too, linesmen having the flag in the correct arm when signalling throw ins.

One bad thing however - the referees are fucking card happy :((.

The collision system looks amazing! There's a brilliant 50-50 challenge in one of the vids and you can really feel it when they collide! Player animations look excellent too. Overall it looks a real step in the right direction, can't wait to play it :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom