FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

If bones broke realistically, in a way such as the one you explained, in any game probably, the game would probably have to be rated 18 or something because people would complain about the injuries being so graphic. Also, a lot of people would just go in trying to cause the worst injuries they can i.e. massive strong player charging in for a two footed lunge against a small weaker player to cause a very bad looking injury, or people would try to set up diving headers against the post (now that would look funny if the collisions were realistic! :DD). I am all for realism though and would welcome something such as that.

I remember I think it was the old pes games ? the ball could hit the corner flag little things like that can add so much more to the game would be good to see more realistic injuries :)

do people really think they would be updating every league in fifa....
it would be for the main leagues by that I mean

Serie A
Premiership
LA LIGA
Bundesliga

otherwise like others have said it would be a ''huge task'' updating 15,000 odd players on a weekly basis I doubt is possible!

some may or may not agree with the leagues chosen but those are the leagues I feel deserve all the attention :)

Those leagues i agree + the national teams

The system involved may already be in use with every league in europe I don't know... all I know is they used it in the NBA as the company who does the tracking will also feed EA the data :)

I remember I think it was the old pes games ? the ball could hit the corner flag little things like that can add so much more to the game would be good to see more realistic injuries :)
Yeah that was realistic, but annoyed me a lot once - My mate did an aimless hoof up the pitch, which I left and waited for it to go out, it hit the flag and stayed in, he got the ball, crossed it and scored :-ll.

About that DNA thing, I don't really think it's necessary - You shouldn't miss a crucial goalscoring chance online purely because the player has been awful in real life...

Don't want them happening in Fifa thanks. Just give me the gameplay and stay away from gimmicks please.

Same here. Just give us an open edit mode like PES to make these changes ourselves please. Or at least let us turn this feature off. The stupid points system doesnt let you edit players yourself.

So if one of my players snaps his leg in real life i cant play him again until FIFA 10?

Thats just fucking silly.

Agreed. Say Messi snaps a leg in September and is out for 6 months. Means I cant use Messi until 2009, I might be bored of the game already.

Last edited:

Agreed. Say Messi snaps a leg in September and is out for 6 months. Means I cant use Messi until 2009, I might be bored of the game already.

Not likely mate. He'd probably be out of the squad on the reserves list, but if you really wanted to play with him you'd likely be able to just put him back in. If they put limitations like that into this system then I agree they'd be on the wrong track. :)

Hey folks, I've got a question about the game speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can choose either the FIFA one or the Euro one, right? So how will it go online? Somehow, I can't imagine them doing 2 kinds of matches for both.

I'd be pissed if they force you to take the Euro speed which seems to be the default one. FIFA 08's was perfect for me. The other one is just too fast for my liking.

Hey folks, I've got a question about the game speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can choose either the FIFA one or the Euro one, right? So how will it go online? Somehow, I can't imagine them doing 2 kinds of matches for both.

I'd be pissed if they force you to take the Euro speed which seems to be the default one. FIFA 08's was perfect for me. The other one is just too fast for my liking.

I am sure you will be able to select that before you try finding a game. Not 100% sure though.

Theres a matching system - i cant remember the details, but dont fret - im sure one of the guys on here will explain. I agree though, 08 speed is perfect. Euro was rubbish (speed-wise). Those videos are the best we've seen I think, really demonstrating the new freeness of the ball and collisions etc. Although the players were shite, you could really see the opportunities for good players to do good things, like when the keeper came out at the end and the idiot just ran into him. One small concern - midway through the 2nd vid (i think) a corner is aimed at the back post - and the keeper camps underneath it and then jumps and does a diving 'on the spot' save. They did this in 08 and it was stupid.

Looking at that Spain vs Brazil........I hate the knock ons - they go exactly the same distance and stop at the same time!

It makes it look so shit.

Theres a matching system - i cant remember the details, but dont fret - im sure one of the guys on here will explain. I agree though, 08 speed is perfect. Euro was rubbish (speed-wise). Those videos are the best we've seen I think, really demonstrating the new freeness of the ball and collisions etc. Although the players were shite, you could really see the opportunities for good players to do good things, like when the keeper came out at the end and the idiot just ran into him. One small concern - midway through the 2nd vid (i think) a corner is aimed at the back post - and the keeper camps underneath it and then jumps and does a diving 'on the spot' save. They did this in 08 and it was stupid.
if you dont like euro 08 speed then how come u like the video posted above :) there euro 08 speed from the looks of it

I noticed Cynamite.de had to remove there videos they had clearance to post them from EA Germany but EA Canada told them to take them down.

Abit late they were being posted everyday for 4 days i think and pretty much posted on every forum i visited games related.I dont see point of removing them its not like they were shockingly bad. :THINK:

That Spain V Brazil video is exceptional. It looks absolutley brilliant. I really cant wait for FIFA 09 now!

I noticed Cynamite.de had to remove there videos they had clearance to post them from EA Germany but EA Canada told them to take them down.

Abit late they were being posted everyday for 4 days i think and pretty much posted on every forum i visited games related.I dont see point of removing them its not like they were shockingly bad. :THINK:

Hopefully they thought they were shockingly bad

If we liked them alot and they didn't its gonna be even better than we thought :))

Haha the guy on the right in those vids keeps getting a bollocking from his teammate cos hes so bad.

'THE MAN AND HIS MIRRORS' a song by BobbyBox - credit to Micheal Jackson - but not to much, because he uses Jesus Juice to influence children to make him go 'Hee Hee'!!

I'm talking 'bout the man and his Mirrors
I'm asking him to not change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a Look at Placebo and make that CHANGE!!!
Na na na, na na na, na na na nah

Last edited:

'THE MAN AND HIS MIRRORS' a song by BobbyBox - credit to Micheal Jackson - but not to much, because he uses Jesus Juice to influence children to make him go 'Hee Hee'!!

I'm talking 'bout the man and his Mirrors
I'm asking him to not change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a Look at Placebo and make that CHANGE!!!
Na na na, na na na, na na na nah

LOL not sure I really want to be associated with such a freak, but the sentiment is very sweet ;)

That Spain x Brazil video could be from the PC version...

Edit: nevermind, i saw the "Press LT for..."

Edit2: unless they're playing with 360 pads on PC... :)

The gameplay looks magnificent, and I really like the cut-scene where someone of Brazil gets a yellow card and then Silva of Spain clap his hands:DD

That Spain x Brazil video could be from the PC version...

Edit: nevermind, i saw the "Press LT for..."

Edit2: unless they're playing with 360 pads on PC... :)
Dream on...;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom