FIFA 09 PC discussion thread

Well oFifa09o, I have to be honest: I used to be a FIFA99 fan, I played it for years, but my "love" for FIFA ended there.
I still play FIFA07 seldom, but just because of the FifaMania patch that added the 06/07 Serie C to the game, but I can't really stand FIFA08.
On the other hand, I've been a huge fan of the PES series until the great let down called PES2008 came out.

When I tried the FIFA09 demo I said "what a load of garbage, same old FIFA" but the full game proved me wrong. I can't really say WHAT I like about FIFA (they may not be the graphics even if I think that they're a huge improvement over 08 ones), but I like it.
It provides a great feeling, you really feel like you're "attending" the match you're playing and like everything could happen.
And then, with manual through ball and long pass, you're FREE. And that's something important.

Surely PES2009 player/kit models are cleaner and more detailed than FIFA09 ones, but PES2009 seen "in motion" doesn't provide me the same feeling FIFA09 does.

So I'd probably stick with PES6 (masterpiece) and with FIFA09..

After all I'm the one that likes Virtua Striker 2 because of its spirit, even if graphics are outdated and gameplay is absolutely arcede :WORSHIP:

Anyone to his own...If you like FIFA PC enjoy it!!! Sadly with that retarded moron console fanboy Peter Moore as head of EA sports Fifa 10 will be again old gen old same FIFA....
Its mind boggling how EA has decided to let the PC market go to KONAMI and 2k...its like they have no urge to make any money....

PS NBA2k9 is a testament of how much BULLSHIT EA has spout in regard of the PC...the game runs MAXXED on a FREAKING 3800 AMD...a 4 years old CPU!!!!
Peter Moore is convinced that hes talking to complete retards when hes adressing PC gamers...

Last edited:
Well, by the end of 2009 I think that time will be ready for the launch of a next-gen FIFA also on PCs.. In the end this year's game has been a step in that direction..
Anyway, I'm still playing PES6 quite more than FIFA09: that means that for a game having next-gen graphics is not that important, at least for me.

There's someone that cares only about the graphics, someone that cares only about the gameplay, and then there's someone that cares about the "feeling" provided by the game, doesn't matter whether its gameplay/graphics are next-gen or not.. For me a game has to be entertaining, that's all important ;))

Well, by the end of 2009 I think that time will be ready for the launch of a next-gen FIFA also on PCs.. In the end this year's game has been a step in that direction..
Anyway, I'm still playing PES6 quite more than FIFA09: that means that for a game having next-gen graphics is not that important, at least for me.

There's someone that cares only about the graphics, someone that cares only about the gameplay, and then there's someone that cares about the "feeling" provided by the game, doesn't matter whether its gameplay/graphics are next-gen or not.. For me a game has to be entertaining, that's all important ;))

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-pc/339391-paul-hossacks-response-ng-debate-13.html

This is the discussion on the FIFA09 PC straight from the official forums...
Regardless the preference lots of people state that EAs treatment of PC gamers is like retards...
People actually love KONAMI because they dont treat their customers like complete morons...
Its so sad that even if KONAMI copies the PES2009 disk slaps a PES2010 logo it will still be miles ahead of any FIFA10 if its not next gen....
EA can just stop making FIFA on PC as they did with NBALive...
Giving up an entire market just out of pure lazyness and hatred towards a platform is just retarded...

Why not transfer him from his national team to the free transfers pool?

See, that's what I can't do. On PC, I guess, when I go to the Transfers window (not on MM but on the main screen), there is no "International" selection. it goes from Hyundai A- League to the K-League, skipping "International" altogether.

Are there many paches for fifa 09 on the PC like there are for PES?
There are some.. I used to follow fifamania.it or fifa4fans.de (it has also an English section) to get the latest updates and news about patches and so on, but I've given up on the 09 football games.. I went back to PES6: it may not have those great graphics, but I feel it's more "solid" gameplay-wise.

The only thing I really miss in PES6 is the "manual" through ball that I used in FIFA09 to put my not-so-good forwards one on one with the goalie (for them to see their shots always saved, of course)..

See, that's what I can't do. On PC, I guess, when I go to the Transfers window (not on MM but on the main screen), there is no "International" selection. it goes from Hyundai A- League to the K-League, skipping "International" altogether.
I think you can only do it via FifaMaster or some similar tool.. Maybe I'm wrong though..

Back
Top Bottom