FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

it will be up today(its supposed to be out tonight), gotta wait a bit since Ea studios are in canada and its not evan 7am there yet i think.
its 542 am there right now... but not sure why that matters.... IT guys work all sorts of weird hours, but you would think they would release it at midnight

There's no update out yet. Will it be a whole game update? i.e. It will prompt you when the game first boots up. Or will it be a squads file update?

No sign of the update, if the Canada team is going to be releasing it later on then surely we (in Europe) won't get it until tomorrow? Nobody will be updating the European marketplace at this time surely?

Gutted, I was looking forward to this and the Race Pro demo today, neither have arrived. :(

No.

Yes.

So you'll get it for online use by choosing to play an online match (you don't have to go all the way through to playing it), or creating a custom session such as for BAP.

For offline use the only way you get it is by downloading the latest ALS update.

so if i want to play manager mode and use the updated stats i need to buy the adidas live update? that cant be right.

That's how it was for the September update, the only way to save the updated data offline to use in manager mode was through the ALS menu, of course you use the free code off the manual to get 1 league free and technically it doesn't cost money for the free update........

wait so what do i do exactly to get this update? The next time I download my ALS form, you're saying that it will include arshavin at arsenal AND updated appearances? that cant be right. And unfortunately, i was one of the suckers who paid for all leagues and then proceeded to receive only the premier league (btw is there a fix for this?) - will it update all my leagues or only the premier league? And what about the championship, who arent in the ALS - is it still updated? seems very odd to me why cant they just offer a new squads file for fucks sake.

wait so what do i do exactly to get this update? The next time I download my ALS form, you're saying that it will include arshavin at arsenal AND updated appearances? that cant be right. And unfortunately, i was one of the suckers who paid for all leagues and then proceeded to receive only the premier league (btw is there a fix for this?) - will it update all my leagues or only the premier league? And what about the championship, who arent in the ALS - is it still updated? seems very odd to me why cant they just offer a new squads file for fucks sake.

that has been fixed for awhile... yes i think the championship is updated...

As a side note does anyone know how I can fix my ALS problem? (see my post above). Ive reinstalled it as it states in the EA forums yet still cant download any other league apart from the EPL. They have ticks on them as ive unlocked them but they never download, and clicking "update all leagues" never works either.

EA_DavidRutter said:
"When will we get it?"

At this point I don't know.
The bug was found minutes before it was going live.
It'll require QA etc once the bug is fixed - so I'd anticipate being early next week.

Again - my apologies.

D

:CONFUSE:

That's how it was for the September update, the only way to save the updated data offline to use in manager mode was through the ALS menu, of course you use the free code off the manual to get 1 league free and technically it doesn't cost money for the free update........
what do you mean through the als menu because im not paying for all the als updates. are you sure this is how it works? i thought once i loaded the updates from a ranked match it worked everywhere else as well. damn, whats the point of that?

what do you mean through the als menu because im not paying for all the als updates. are you sure this is how it works? i thought once i loaded the updates from a ranked match it worked everywhere else as well. damn, whats the point of that?

This is how it worked for the September update when it was released October 6th last year.

You only need 1 activated league in ALS, when the update is out, and you click "DOWNLOAD LATEST UPDATE", the squad file will be the newest one for every league, and of course will also include ALS data for the league you have active.

The online squad file is now kept separate and hidden from the Offline squad file and is only stored and used for online matches.

Pretty gutted it's delayed until next week, wanted to start a new manager mode and the wife had promised me the 360 all weekend!

Back
Top Bottom