FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

It doesn't seem to be out here in the States. I've tried updating my ALS and downloading the online squad file via a Ranked match and neither has worked. :(

For those having trouble getting it to work for offline use, simply download it via als. So Reset all squads first, then ALS > download latest update. If you havent enabled als you need to do so now via the code on your manual. downloading it this way it will automatically save as the default squads. Of course, there are some strange bugs with the transferred players as there are with every fifa transfer update, for example if you have say quaresma in the arena (recently transferred) and play a match, when it returns to the menus he will be in portugal stuff, althogh if you go to squads hes still at chelsea. fifa updates always been like that its a tad strange.

anyway the update seems ok, ive already found a few errors but meh

I have a question this update is available in all location on 360 & PS3( America, Europe, etc) and the patch for fix number 2 bug in Manager Mode is not available anymore?

yeah i just finished putting them all in the game a minute ago. theres some problems with a lot of the players on that list though, the finder finds them but all their stats are scrambled and they're registered as goalkeepers.

Is there a couple of errors or a load? Is it worth starting a thread to compile the transfers that we need to correct?

i meant errors within the game, not the list. although there are a few players at different clubs, a lot of the korean players play for the j-league teams now.

oh..as i see in the ALS they stated he as the team of the month striker with Torres. but in the team management he still a CM. well,that's cool me down.hehe.as seeing Gerrard as a striker freaks me out.

Nasri's appearance has NOT been improved, at least as far as I can tell. Ronaldo did not receive a real face because that would be stored as an image file, or as placebo calls it, an "art asset" :P which wasnt applicable to the update. There are some EXTREMELY strange errors which have come with this update. Some goalkeepers for example have been ditched from their regular teams into free agents, have strange hex symbols as their squad number and have an overall rating of 0. The search function is also having a few difficulties with regards to the recently transferred players as well.

Although contrary to what ive said above, there are reports that Atlante's shirt has been updated, which would be an art asset so now im really confused.

Nasri's appearance has NOT been improved, at least as far as I can tell. Ronaldo did not receive a real face because that would be stored as an image file, or as placebo calls it, an "art asset" :P which wasnt applicable to the update. There are some EXTREMELY strange errors which have come with this update. Some goalkeepers for example have been ditched from their regular teams into free agents, have strange hex symbols as their squad number and have an overall rating of 0. The search function is also having a few difficulties with regards to the recently transferred players as well.

Although contrary to what ive said above, there are reports that Atlante's shirt has been updated, which would be an art asset so now im really confused.

i know all about the Db x art assets...
i thought though, that ronaldo's real face was already in the game, just not assigned.

There are some EXTREMELY strange errors which have come with this update. Some goalkeepers for example have been ditched from their regular teams into free agents, have strange hex symbols as their squad number and have an overall rating of 0. The search function is also having a few difficulties with regards to the recently transferred players as well.

That's very shoddy.

Is it possible to remove or change the ALS league?

I activated ALS for the first time last night to get the update and chose the EPL but now Team Management always has arrows even with ALS turned off in the advanced options.

Apparently deleting Fifa from the memory on the 360 HDD prompts you to pick a league again for ALS (I'd like to pick a league I don't use)

However, I don't really want to lose all my formations so can anyone say which file specifically needs deleting for it to re-prompt the ALS update?

In Memory on my 360 there are these three files:

Online Squad - 3MB
Squads 1 - 1MB
Personal Settings 1 - 92kb

Are my formations stored in Personal Settings?

How's everyone finding the update, any issues (apart from the ones andish2001 has already mentioned)?

Bizarrely I've not seen those problems andish2001 is talking about, but I've got a problem nonetheless - my manager mode game now takes 20 seconds to save (I've had to switch autosave off, otherwise you're looking at a minute of loading time from getting out of a match, looking at transfers and loading the next fixture). The music cuts off and the Xbox freezes until the end of the process.

This may be the Xbox on the blink rather than the update but this wasn't happening two nights ago...

Otherwise I'm very, very happy with it - they've updated the Tranmere stats wonderfully (thanks Placebo ;))), Curran who is practically a first team player now has had his stats up whereas a few others who are underperforming have been knocked down, and all of the appearances are now spot on. So I'm really happy to start a new manager mode game (when I can fix the above problem anyway) and I'm really happy with what EA are doing with their database. Pisses all over the PES database and is at least equal to the FM database IMO. Gives the game such depth.

Last edited:
Yay me!

Remembered another edit I plan to do, remove every goalkeeper from every team's subs bench, seeing as GK's are never sent off/injured it's pointless to have them there, by giving the AI an extra outfield sub it might reduce the amount of times they bring an LB on for a RW.......

http://uk.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...sive-look-at-fifa-09s-ultimate-team-mode.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/f...ct=convert&om_clk=videos&hd=0&tag=videos;sd;1

Feel a rush of adrenaline as you step onto the pitch and live the ultimate fantasy in club football. Collect the most talented players in the world, shape them into your dream team and then prove yourself against a legion of challengers in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team, a strategic new downloadable game mode designed exclusively for the award-winning FIFA 09 on the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360.

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team delivers a new level of depth and strategy to EA SPORTS FIFA 09, winner of 25 international game quality awards, and the second highest rated sports game of all-time on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Advertisement

Collect, trade and play your way to global supremacy by building your ultimate football club from over 4,000 available stars or creating and developing yourself in game to captain your team to glory. Collect bronze, silver and gold virtual cards to build your club, choosing everything from your squad members to your match strategy. Play games to earn coins to acquire new packs of virtual cards, trade or auction unwanted ones and trawl the market for the cards you need to complete your winning team. Plus, acquire additional packs of cards using Microsoft points from XBOX LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

Collect 30 different types of virtual cards, including Player, Staff, Contract, Formations, and Tactics, to create the ultimate team. Strategically collect and manage players and different types of cards, and then set the match strategy to win. Carefully select or trade for the right Manager, then choose the best Tactics and Formations that forge the team chemistry necessary to take your club to the top. Plus, deal Gameplay cards on your opponent at key moments of any match for a tactical advantage.

Live the ultimate dream in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team. Create yourself in game, line up alongside your heroes and captain your squad to glory. Customize everything from players and stadiums to the kits and badges, creating the world's next great football club. Climb the league table and compete in knockout tournaments for the most coveted trophies, where the opposition becomes more difficult after each victory.

Feel the exhilaration as you take your carefully assembled squad into matches and cup tournaments against real, CPU-controlled football clubs or online against the most formidably talented teams ever assembled - and out play them. Here is the ultimate test of your skills as a player and manger. Write your own legend with FIFA 09 Ultimate Team, available for download into FIFA 09 on PS3 and Xbox 360 beginning March 19.
Key Features

Build Your Ultimate Team: Collect Players, Managers, Head Coaches, Goalkeeper Coaches, Physiotherapists, Fitness Coaches, Tactics, and Gameplay modifiers, and then foster team chemistry through effectively organizing your squad. Accumulate Staff, Fitness and Medical cards to gain the tactical edge, and then deal Gameplay-influencing cards at key moments during a match.

30 Types Of Cards: Collect, trade and play 30 different types of cards to form your ultimate team and your best strategy to win. Categories to collect include: Players, Managers, Staff, Player Contract, Advanced Training, Injury Healing, Formations, Tactics, Team Talk, Arenas, Crowd, Celebrations, Stadia, Kits, Badges and more.

Develop Team Chemistry: Determine the direction of your team by collecting players to fit your system or designing a system around your players. Organize players in preferred positions, preferred formations and alongside countrymen to boost your player attributes and give your team a tactical advantage. Acquire Contract cards to keep your team on the winning track.

Complete Customization: Live the ultimate dream. Create yourself in game, line up alongside your heroes and captain your squad to glory. Personalize your player with thousands of new items, including new hairstyles, tattoos, and bandanas. Listen to the broadcast team call your name while your created player steps into the spotlight. Customize everything from players and stadiums to the kits and badges, creating the world's next great football club.

Acquire New Cards: Play games to earn coins to acquire new cards, trade or auction unwanted ones and trawl the market for the cards you need to complete your winning team. Plus, acquire additional packs of cards using Microsoft points from XBOX LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

New Leaderboards: Compete with your squad against the rest of the world in league matches and watch your club climb the leader boards.

Knockout Tournaments: Here is the ultimate test. Compete in 36 different tournaments while connected online against CPU-controlled football clubs or a legion of challengers. Face your toughest competition in knockout tournaments for the most coveted trophies, where the opposition becomes more difficult after each victory.

New Interactive Celebrations: Score a goal and then control your player's movements to celebrate the way you want to with 20 new user-controlled celebrations.

The Collection: Amass a collection of players, trophies, league badges, boots and balls which unlock extra coins.

PS3 Trophy Support: For the first time, FIFA 09 Ultimate Team includes Trophy support for PS3.

I LOVED that mode on the CL game! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom