FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Jack I have those issues as well with the freezing and music going off whenever anything saves. Do you have the game installed to the hard drive? what hard drive do you have? I believe its to do with the 360 trying to write the save and read all the data for the game at the same time. Im using a 2nd hand 60gb hard drive so maybe its just got poor performance. What hard drive are you using?

I'm using the official 120gb drive. Really annoying because it wasn't happening before the update and clearing the hard drive cache has made it worse if anything...

Hi guys,

Need to make a rectification. A while earlier I complained about F09's framerate issues. Recently I took the game to my mates house who has a samsung hd ready tv, just like me only a newer type, and there was no difference between HD and scart mode. Bot played very smooth. So it seems that it was my TV all the way around. Not the game, not the hd cable, but the TV. Never knew that was possible. At least now I know why you all ignored my comments :)

Delete the squads you have in game right now and then go to play a game online or download the ALS

The strange thing is I used the free trial for addidas live season and downloaded an update. The stats were different to the online update that you use when playing ranked matches. Eg gallas was 89 online and this als thing was 79. Song was 72 online and als was 69. Vela was 75 online and als was 72. Bent was 74 online als was 84.

This didn't match up to what is the supposed update so I reset all squads and downloaded the latest update option in the als menu. Now the stats do match up. I'm guessing the als thing was the last als update, but the REAL full update you have to download again.

Many players have had their appearances changed, I guess these Rooney and Messi guys aren't too important, I've seen plenty of League 1/Championship teams with improved appearances :)

Well, at least Marco Aurelio isn't yellow anymore he actually looks Brazilian. I haven't checked Van Bommel yet. He looked very tanned and darker than most other people on the field.

Kill yourself!

If you don't have live then you can't download anything. No sure how it works with a silver membership, which is free?

well iv got the sliver membership but how everyone is talking you need to start a ranked match which i cant do without having the gold one! - i think il have to get it again. I normally play the PS3 version but my bro got it 4 his xbox and i prefer that version

is there a new "main" update with this data one? i saw on the new thing in the game that the MM has been updated too with improved squad numbering?

I'm using the official 120gb drive. Really annoying because it wasn't happening before the update and clearing the hard drive cache has made it worse if anything...

i had this too while editing players...make sure u use the 1st file , like if ure doing a manager mode make sure ure using "manager mode1" file, i did this with my squads files and its working perfectly again.

;)

I know this has been touched on before but I can't find the posts referring to it... Can anyone please help me?

I've been playing a co-op manager mode game since November with TT and we're up to our fifth season. Our second game is against Chelsea and no matter what we do (play it, simulate it or start then quit it), the game comes to the "SIMULATING..." screen and crashes the Xbox.

Is there any way around it, anything at all? I vaguely remember someone saying they fixed it by starting the match then quitting it but that hasn't worked, and it's (to put it lightly) fucking annoying! Four months' hard work!

CB,i got the same problem,and never found a way to get through it. been facing this problem before when i playing FIFA08 on pc. i thought it's only on PC,never thought on console it also happen. in the end i just gave up,and starting a new MM. T.T

I know this has been touched on before but I can't find the posts referring to it... Can anyone please help me?

I've been playing a co-op manager mode game since November with TT and we're up to our fifth season. Our second game is against Chelsea and no matter what we do (play it, simulate it or start then quit it), the game comes to the "SIMULATING..." screen and crashes the Xbox.

Is there any way around it, anything at all? I vaguely remember someone saying they fixed it by starting the match then quitting it but that hasn't worked, and it's (to put it lightly) fucking annoying! Four months' hard work!
Happened to me as well. I don't think there is any way around it.

Definitely not related to co-op, just google "FIFA 09 manager crashes simulating". Plenty of talk about it, same on the official FIFA forum as well, but all that's been said is "reset the squads and start a new game".

It happens on PS3 as well Nick, various links but this is one of the first in that Google search: CLICK

Wow, that really is a revolution. I fear this thread is about to go haywire!! All hail bluechampblogger!!

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just found these settings this past weekend and FIFA 09 feels like a new game to me. Absolutely LOVE it. This is how the game should have been, in my opinion. I like the ability to actually create build up play and feel good about it. Been playing with some friends and we all agree that it's how the game should be played.

EA doesnt do sliders as well as 2k, i think tis a good idea but somehow they will fuck it up

Agreed, but they try and the ones they implemented for NBA Live this year actually weren't too bad. Heck, all they'd have to do to keep bluchampblogger's settings available is create global sliders for each attribute. Shouldn't be that hard.

It's nice to see that they are listening to the fan feedback in regards to these settings. Here's hoping there's something that we requires a lot less editing in it for us in FIFA 10!

Back
Top Bottom