FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Ibra, this might seem a totally strange question, but what camera do you use to play the game? I just can't seem to get on with anything other than broadcast, but then my shooting in that view is terrible for some bizarre reason....

But watching that video makes me realise how shit I am at this game!

I play on tele camera, fairly zoomed out, I change the height every now and then.
In practice however I often use broadcast and end to end along with tele because every one gives you a different perspective. I try my best to incorporate what I learn on broadcast and end to end by converting the concepts to tele.

That was a beautiful diagonal pass at about 1:14 (Suarez?) to play Carroll in. I love stuff like that on Manual.

Very satisfying. If only I could finsih! Diego Perotti by the way.

Bloody Chelsea and Anelka!

At the weekend I was on a run of 3 wins and the last match of the day was against Chelsea. I was pretty dominant but in the final 10min. they put Anelka on and he scored in the 89th and 92nd minute!

Then last night I had another decent run of wins and played Chelsea in the League Cup. Really dominated this match, but again they put Anelka on for the last 10min and he scored in the 89th to win the match. It was like my defenders couldn't win the ball off him and he could just run through my defense! Could just be fatigue of my own defenders, but either way it pissed me off!

Managed to win the league with United, after beating Chelsea 0-1 late on at the Bridge. After that Chelsea drew 3 and won 1 of their last 4 games, so Utd were declared Champions with 2 games still to go. City also lost their way, finishing 7th, behind Spurs, Villa & Liverpool (who seem to prefer Jovanovic over Carroll). Also beat Liverpool 4-2 in the FA Cup final in extra time after finishing at 1-1 after 90 minutes. Brilliant game

Pre-season.
Need to bring in a quality keeper (as I'm going to sell Van Der Sar to a non English team to tie in with his real life retirement), and an understudy as Lindegaard didn't impress when he played.
My #1 choice of Neuer turned me down, after Schalke accepted a £22m offer. Bid for several more keepers, and eventually managed to bring in Akinfeev for £18m, and Joe Lewis (England U-21) for £2m.
Due to having extra games in season 2 courtesy of the Champions League, I opted to bring in an extra CAM & CDM. Rodwell was still up for sale, so gladly snapped him up. Also signed Ganso from Santos for £22m, who hopefully will step up to be Scholes' eventual replacement.
Eto'o was also up for sale, and was tempting, but decided to stick with the returning loanees for now - Welbeck, Diouf & King to support Berbs, Rooney & Chicho. A minimum £34m asking price also helped with the decision!

Start of season 2.
Community Shield against Chelsea. A good opportunity to see how the new players fit in, and it wasn't promising! Drogba & Malouda scoring early in 2nd half, with Torres coming off the bench for the 3rd in a 3-0 defeat. Had several chances, but couldn't beat the on-fire Cech.

First league game of the season - Chelsea. Again. At Old Trafford this time, and aiming for a 100% home record. Hmm...
I don't usually tinker with formations, just the players, but for a change I switched from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 with Rooney on the left, and was able to return the favour, beating them 3-0. Could have been more, but Cech was still playing well.
Very happy with that, but paid the price with Bale, Berbatov & Valencia picking up knocks...

That's FIFA, I have the same thing with City and Adebayor at the moment,he's done me three times this season with sub 86th unstoppable tank goals...

I wish he'd sod off to Real... :P

I can sympathise with you as well. City were the only team I couldn't beat in season 1 - had to settle for a home draw & away defeat. Tevez, Dzeko & Aguero were tough enough, but the addition of him made it too much. Definately after revenge now!

My carrer in Fifa11:

2010/2011
Clube: Sport Lisboa Benfica
Taça de Portugal: Final
Troféus de treinador do mês: 0
Troféu de treinador do Ano: Sim
Compra mais cara: Elano - € 19.000.000
Venda mais cara: Weldon - € 7.521.000
Objectivos da época: Vencer o campeonato nacional e a taça de Portugal
Objectivos da época conquistados: Sim
Posição na Liga: 1º lugar

Dados da época:
P |W |D |L |F |A|
35 |30 |4 |1 |93 |13

2011/2012

Taça dos Campeões: Fase de grupos
Liga Euro: Quartos de final
Troféu de treinador do mês: 2
Troféu de treinador do ano: Sim
Compra mais cara: Dzagoev - €25.000.00
Venda mais cara: Luisão - €9.030.000

P |W |D |L |F |A|
47 |34 |8 |5 |107 |30

2012/2013

Taça dos Campeões: Finais
Troféu de treinador do mês: 0
Compra mais cara: J. Rodriguez - €13.000.000
Venda mais cara: F.Menezes - €6.313.000

P |W |D |L |F |A|
48 |38 |6 |4 |142 |44

2013/2014

Taça dos Campeões: Semi-finais
Troféu de treinador do mês: 0
Compra mais cara: Ganso - €25.500.000
Venda mais cara: A.Hernandez - €10,584,000

P |W |D |L |F |A|
47 |38 |4 |5 |108 |37

2014/2015

Clube: Real Valladolid Club de Fútbol S.A.D.
Taça de Portugal: Semi-finais
Troféus de treinador do mês: 0
Troféu de treinador do Ano: No
Compra mais cara: M.Olsson - €7.000.000
Venda mais cara: C.Lázaro - €1.632.000
Objectivos da época: Evitar a descida de divisão
Objectivos da época conquistados: N/A
Posição na Liga: 4º lugar

P |W |D |L |F |A|
41 |25 |9 |7 |94 |55

Geral:

Clubes: 2
Titulos da Liga: 4
Taças nacionais: 0
Taças Europeias: 0
Maior vitoria: 9-0 vs Naval , jan 2012
Maior derrota: 5-0 vs Barcelona , feb 2015
Preço pago por um jogador: €25.500.000
Dinheiro ganho: €4.884.500

P |W |D |L |F |A|
218 |165 |31 |22 |544 |179

Equipa actual:
J.Villar - 72
E.Musacchio - 74
César Arzo - 75
E.Munõz - 76
M.Olsson - 74
P.Coutinho - 79
M.Amafitano - 77
S.Canales - 79
Sisi - 74
Manucho - 71
J.Rodriguez - 79
Fabricio - 68
Pedro Lopez - 71
Marc Valiente - 71
Nauzet - 71
D.Welbeck - 73
F.Macheda - 77
Bueno - 70
Javier Baraja - 72
J.Font Romero - 60
Meité - 69
Jesus Rueda - 71
Alvaro Anton - 70
Javi Guerra - 69
Hector Font - 67
Javi Navas - 61
H.Yebda - 72
Marquitos - 69
J.Rodriguez P-R - 64

Melhores marcadores:
Manucho - 18 golos
J.Rodriguez - 15 golos
Macheda - 14

Próximo jogo:
Liga BBVA - R.C. Deportivo

Sorry about the portuguese , i just copy/past from the other forum :))
But i think you can understand...

A couple games into my second season and I've now received four of those "well spotted" emails - the ones that say he's making great progress or whatever - for the same player...and yet he hasn't grown a single point! Anyone know what those emails actually mean? Argh!

So I made it to the end of my first season as Villa manager... and was promptly fired. I finished 11th and reached the League Cup semi final, but that wasn't enough for the board who had asked for an unrealistic top 4 finish.

It's a bit annoying, actually. I seem to enjoy playing with Villa much more than any other team in FIFA11, which I think is mostly down to the way I can 'imprint' personality on those players when I'm controlling them. I know how they would behave IRL and make similar choices in the game. With most other teams I don't quite get that, which is a damning criticism of Personality+ really. The problem is that Villa always ask for a top 4 finish and, with the difficulty/rules I play by, that's a hefty task to put it mildly. I thought I did pretty well to get 11th.

It was arguably the most engrossing season I've had in any version of FIFA, precisely because of the high difficulty. I played on Legendary, full Manual controls, 15(!) minute halves, with no pressure buttons. It's bloody difficult keeping the Legendary AI out for that match length, I can tell you. Each point won was highly sastisfying and felt thoroughly well earned, which is definitely what kept me coming back for more. I don't think I've been that immersed in a season since the time I used an editor to downgrade the Default ML-ers in PES6.

Goals of the season:
YouTube - Villa goals.flv

Quite tempted to just re-start with the same team and settings, even though it's a bit of a hiding to nothing. I wonder what would happen if I set the board to the lowest difficulty...

Nice goals especially the first one.

As far as I know but correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not at all sure about this, the board difficulty thing only affects how much the starting budget for transfers/wages is and not the actual strictness/leniency to do with sacking, etc.

So lowest difficulty gives you more funds than Legendary but that's about it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Anyway, I'm nicking 1-0 wins ALL the time this season with my newly promoted Leeds. I've been winning so often but only once thrashed Boro (who came up with me last year) 3-0 away from home. Usually it's a very tight game where I'm even on back-foot and just holding on through some great defending and then through a counter-attack, my striker loan star Emmanuele Riviere (Got him from St. Etienne since he wasn't getting 1st-team football much) and he's taken EPL by a storm.

He breaks into space and has now done it against United, Liverpool and Arsenal to get me 1-0 wins by rounding the keeper and hammering it home from sometimes 'tight' angles.

Really enjoying this but perhaps it's also time for me to move up to Legendary from World-class. I don't know.... because one one hand, my results are TOO good. I should be fighting relegation not sitting top of EPL! On the other hand, I DO find the matches VERY challenging! I mean I'm working my ass off... not to concede and have been lucky somewhat also to put away my chances and get all those 3 pointers from 1-0 matches.

So considering how challenging I am finding the game, I don't know if I should move up to 'legendary' but my results are too good.

I'll wait and do it maybe next season.... I don't know.. in a bit of a dilemma.

Oh really?

Good then because there are a lot of clubs like Aston Villa who have over-stated ambitions for that first season.

Nerf I have no idea how you dribble like you did in some of those goals, even on World Class level I get shoved off the ball by someone coming in from the side. Wicked goals though.

I think a lot of the problems I have with this game now are down to the fact that I'm utterly crap at it. I just don't get it, all other versions have their usual learning curve, before becoming consistently easy to win. This version, however, just never gets any easier. I can't create chances, and certainly can't score goals like you did in that game. I've tried going down a notch on difficulty and going more manual with my controls, but even on Professional level, CM matches see the AI upping their pressure to ridiculous levels. My players just feel physically inferior to the AI.

That said, I'll upload a goal I scored in a pre-season friendly with Fabregas. I randomly hit the ball from the centre circle, which I never try to do, and it flew right over the keeper. Must have been 45 yards or more. I'll never score one like that again!

Last edited:
I'm finished with my second season and I'm sick of playing in Norway so I need a change, but is there any reason to continue with my current manager's career rather than just starting a brand new CM?

If I start over, I get to select exactly where I go, and see what I'm getting into before I start. I can also edit player boots before-hand like I typically do, so I'm not stuck with a team full of generic black boots!

If I continue with my current career the one job offer that appeals to me is Watford in the Championship, so I'm thinking of trying that. Am I missing anything? Is there a reason to actually continue a career as manager rather than just starting over at the club of my choosing?

I rarely ever play more than a few seasons in a CM/MM because of this dilemma, and though I originally wished to make this CM different and see how long I could maintain one career, now that it's time for a change I don't know that I can be bothered. This is something I'd really like EA to work on: improving the experience of being a manager so that you feel compelled to continue a career beyond your first club; i.e. finding ways to make it so you're attachment isn't just to the club and squad you're managing at any one time, but to your manager's career too.

I guess in theory it's supposed to be the building of your manager's reputation... But as nobody has a clear idea of how it works or how it benefits you, I bet nobody gives it a second glance much less attach any value to it.

I start to sound like a broken record, but this is yet another half-assed addition where they decided they wanted to code a Reputation feature, but nobody bothered to give some thought to how it might be made worthwhile and fun.

The fact that Marcel admitted the numbers were just an abstract amount tells you all.

The manager reputation and 'My career' history tab is the only thing I guess really.

Also it'd be cool to take over a team 2 seasons down the line which means their squad will be somewhat different to the one they start with. For example Watford may have had Scott Loach or someone leave for a bigger club or bought an exciting foreigner, etc.

I'm in my 2nd season with Leeds right now and after this, I don't think I'd start a new one. Even if I don't stick with Leeds, I'll take some other offer, I'd like to continue my career and rise through the ranks rather than starting in season 1 again. Also some players have gotten better, some worse.... some retired I'm guessing... it's a different environment... not a big deal but something I think worth continuing. Or at least that's what I'd do.

You get a high rep far too easily, I took over Wednesday and got them promoted to the prem in consecutive seasons and was 5 star, no chance should anyone be 5 star until winning at least 3 or 4 major trophies IMO.

True though it does take awhile and lots of 'wins' as well especially since after a while the gauge is out of 199 and not 99 and also when you fill it up each time, you only go up HALF a star and not a full one... so somebody who's 5 star, really has filled it up 10 times which is a LOT of wins!

I myself have I think 2 and a half and have done as well as I possibly could so far being in title contention with Leeds in my 2nd season in Prem. Nonetheless, it's taking awhile to get up there in 'stars'... and rightly so.

So I don't think it's THAT easy or bad because I wouldn't be able to get 5 stars even if I were to win remaining matches of my EPL season (only 2nd season) and win the league which would make anybody the "New Mourinho" if they pulled this off in real life bringing Leeds back in EPL at first time of asking and then winning league with them.

Yes but just counting up wins is a poor way to do it, 20 wins in League 1 should not be counted the same as 20 wins in the Premier League or Europe, numerous managers over the years with reasonable lower league records have failed miserably when managing in the top flight.

Yeah true but the idea is very 'basic' at the end of the day anyway. Sadly like much of CM mode as a whole.

I mean the fact that the rewards are the same for each match regardless of who the opposition is or how strong your team is ridiculous on its own.

You can go up against Real Madrid and lose 1-0 with a 90 minute fluke goal and your relegation battling side (worst team in league) and it'll be a -10 in reputation when really in real life, that manager has just put himself on the map to a certain extent and certainly done his reputation no harm but even good.

By the same token, like I said, you can actually win promotion and win the league in EPL at first time of asking and you still will be like a 3 star and half manager at best inside your two seasons while in real life, you'd now be the biggest superstar. Imagine if Ian Holloway was to win the EPL this esason!? The media, everybody would go ape shit and laud him as the new son of god!

So the current way definitely has its problems and for me the bigger issue is that it doesn't take into effect whether you're playing at home or away, strength of your side and who you're facing.

I'm finished with my second season and I'm sick of playing in Norway so I need a change, but is there any reason to continue with my current manager's career rather than just starting a brand new CM?

If I start over, I get to select exactly where I go, and see what I'm getting into before I start. I can also edit player boots before-hand like I typically do, so I'm not stuck with a team full of generic black boots!

If I continue with my current career the one job offer that appeals to me is Watford in the Championship, so I'm thinking of trying that. Am I missing anything? Is there a reason to actually continue a career as manager rather than just starting over at the club of my choosing?

I rarely ever play more than a few seasons in a CM/MM because of this dilemma, and though I originally wished to make this CM different and see how long I could maintain one career, now that it's time for a change I don't know that I can be bothered. This is something I'd really like EA to work on: improving the experience of being a manager so that you feel compelled to continue a career beyond your first club; i.e. finding ways to make it so you're attachment isn't just to the club and squad you're managing at any one time, but to your manager's career too.

Speaking as an unfortunate Luton fan, I can think of many other better teams to choose than Watford...:P

Well finished my 2nd season of CM with Liverpool last night.

This season was very much like Liverpool's current one, poor start and very few wins, but halfway through, this time without a manager change, the team started to click and get some results. At it worst the team was 14th, around december, but slowly started to climb up the table with the goal to get European football.

The cups weren't a succes, but did have some epic matches. 1st up was getting knocked out in the Semi's of the League Cup. 1st leg at home to Chelsea, with them, as usual, scoring a late winner to go 1-0 up in the second leg. Return match was quiet amazing, Liverpool managed to go into haltime 2-0 up after a goal from Suarez and Carrol. 2nd half Chelsea fought back and made it 2-1. A few minutes later a second to make it 2-2. Within a minute Liverpool got a 3rd. Then in the 80th minute Chelsea again scored to lead the tie. The team pushed hard but couldn't get a 4th a got knocked out. Chelsea ended up winning the Cup.

Then on the to CL, after progressing comfortably from the group stage the team was paired with current Champions Inter. 1st leg at Anfield was an interesting match-up, Inter quickly got a 2 goal lead, with Sneijder belting one in. Second half Liverpool upped their play and managed to get a goal back, but couldn't equalise, so it finished 1-2. 2nd leg started off well, Liverpool scoring in the 6th minute, but late in the 1st half conceding to make it 1-1 at halftime. 2nd half Liverpool got ahead again to make it 2-1, but again Inter equalised with 20min to go. The team changed tactics and went for the win, but Etoo finished the tie off by scoring a 3rd for Inter finishing the match 3-2 winners and going through and retaining the cup.

Then the FA cup quaterfinals, a home match up with Utd. 1st half Liverpool dominated, scoring one with Carrol and hitting the post aswell. 2nd half Utd started to press and dominate and managed to equalise to go to ET. 104th minute Utd score another with only 15min left for Liverpool to save the tie. 115th min. Suarez is brought down in the area to get a penalty, however he (read: me) couldn't remember the button tactics to the penalty kicks and hopelessly missed the goal. Liverpool were going out, then in the 119th minute Young turns in the area and manages to squeeze the ball under an unrishing vdSar to go to penalties. However again Suarez still didn't remember the penalty tactics and missed with the 1st effort of the round. The rest of the attempts were scored leaving Liverpool knocked out, with Utd also ending up the eventual winners of the FA Cup.

So then, with about 10 matches left, the team focused on the league, being about 7th,6th in the league. Suarez really stepped up, probably due to his responsibility with the penalties, and went on a scoring and assisting run to the season end. With 3 games to go Liverpool had gotten clear of the also-rans and were in a 2-way tie with Arsenal for 5th, EL football. However Arsenal still had some tough matches coming up and drew a few leaving Liverpool 1 point ahead of now 5th placed Arsenal and only 2 behind 3rd and 2nd place. The final match was at home against Utd, who were 3rd, meaning Liverpool had to draw to get 4th, with a win giving 3rd place. The match went pretty much like the real life one, Liverpool played well and had a 2-0 lead at halftime. Utd were looking tired after the FA cup final went to ET and penalties with Arsenal the weekend before. Utd managed to get a goal, but Liverpool sealed the match with 10min to go to make it 3-1 and finish the season in 3rd.

Suarez ended up golden boot winner with 19 goals (and 7 assists). Carrol was stuck on 9 goals (and 6 assists) after getting seriously injured (42days) and missing the run-in. Before that it was pretty equal between them.

Final league standings were;

Chelsea - 92
City - 82
Liverpool - 81
Utd - 80
Arsenal - 78
With Everton, Spurs, Villa making up the rest of the top 10. Boro, Cardiff and someone else got relegated.

League Cup - Chelsea
FA Cup - Utd
CL - Inter
EL - Real

A little tidbit from my CM,

Put Torres up for sale last summer, and have had him rotting in the reserves ever since, but still nobody wants him!

I thought that was something supposed to have been fixed in the 2nd update? Although unconfirmed of course because EA are too afraid to release patch logs.

I started a new CM as Villa and transfer listed Ashley Young immediately... the transfer window has since closed without any interest being shown. Meanwhile clubs were eager to hand over money for Emile Heskey, and Barcelona decided that they viewed Richard Dunne as the ideal centre-back for their footballing ethos. In fact every other player I transfer listed found a buyer, apart from the most talented one.

Same with me, and I still can't get rid of Maxi (maybe we should compliment EA for that one!).

I've got Torres for sale, for obvious reasons, and I've added Gerrard, Carra and Maxi to the list as they are old. But I just can't shift them, Torres hasn't played a single game, while Gerrard is a starter so that doesn't seem to be making a difference either.

The other deadwood were sold easily (Konchesky even scored an own goal for me when playing the team I sold him to the other day :) ).

Back
Top Bottom