Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

LOL I didn't read the disclaimer at the bottom.........that'll teach me to read and reply so quickly.......

Damnit ;)

I have been playing FIFA 11 on the PS3 recently, has anyone come across a stuterring bug? Basically the game freezes for a couple of seconds, over the last week it has started to do this about 5 or 6 times a match. I have PS3 Slim.

Was it present before the updates? I seem to remember a recent update introducing the stutter to quite a few people. Maybe reset the game and give it a try...?

It's been reported dozens of times on the official forums, I wouldn't really call it "micro" freezing, the game freezes for about 2-3 seconds (with the commentary going on in the background), not sure if it's related to their extremely unstable servers as I find I get it less when I've lost my connection to the EA servers (by doing things like searching the transfer market apparently!) or if it's due to linking to my PC as server for the chants.

Is it an actual freeze, or a stutter? I used to get pauses where the game would actually freeze completely for a couple of seconds, when I was streaming chants from my PC to my 360. I stopped doing that and no longer get the freezes, but I do occasionally get stutters where the frame-rate drops dramatically for a second or so.

I get dropped from the EA servers at least once during every session.

Just a small positive from EA, FIFA;

Was playing a cup match with Liverpool in CM, and the commentator mentioned Hillsborough and the 96 that died. A nice touch I thought and worth mentioning.

Is it an actual freeze, or a stutter? I used to get pauses where the game would actually freeze completely for a couple of seconds, when I was streaming chants from my PC to my 360. I stopped doing that and no longer get the freezes, but I do occasionally get stutters where the frame-rate drops dramatically for a second or so.

It's a complete freeze, everything stops moving for 2-3 seconds, I'd stop streaming chants from my PC but it's ridiculously complicated to get the chants onto the 360 via CD otherwise :(

Can't wait for the 100's of videos with rutter and co telling us how much they have done and how great the game is! I've missed seeing his face and smug grin.

EA SPORTS

NEW FOR FIFA 12!

NEW PRO PLAYER INDIVIDUALITY!!!!

Features:

- PRO SUBS BIBS! When you leave Balotelli on the bench there's cutscenes of him trying in vein to put his bib on!

- PRO SUDAFED When you play with Balotelli against Dyanamo Kiev away you ACTUALLY need to sub him off at half time due to the new PRO SUDAFED feature where he's suffers an allergic reaction to the pitch!

- PRO SWEARING When you score with Wayne Rooney, press the select button to run over to the nearest camera and shout **** what! Amoungst other swear words added tot he game

- PRO PETULANCE Many features such as Swear at the camera if you lose int he final mintue, kick the ball away when committed a foul and complaining to the referee.

This is just a taster among with 10,000 more improvements!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE... STAY TUNED!!

Something I noticed earlier that annoyed me;

When tackling (usually near the sidelines) and winning the ball, my player will get up and "run back", ignoring the ball and letting the tackled player win the ball back. It's an animationsequence ( that I'm assuming they have when a WB tackles the ball out of play).

It's extremely rare that you win the ball from a sliding tackle with the tackler, often the tackled player gets up faster than the tackler or if you're lucky the ball will fall to another of your players.

What I'd love for 12 is if they add an occasional chance that a full on sliding tackle will be deemed "out of control" and you can get a straight red for it, as in real life there's been a fair few times a sliding tackle wins the ball first but is deemed out of control and gets a straight red (iirc Tiote of Newcastle had one of those this season as well as a couple of other players), shouldn't be every fully blooded sliding tackle of course but maybe a 1 in 30 chance or something?

Yes. In FIFA, sliding tackles are ridiculously underuseful, though in PES I feel they are maybe slightly too much, it's still preferable to FIFA's system where though you can make the slide tackle you will inevitably see the ball go to an opponent (even the tackled opponent!).

EA SPORTS

NEW FOR FIFA 12!

NEW PRO PLAYER INDIVIDUALITY!!!!

Features:

- PRO SUBS BIBS! When you leave Balotelli on the bench there's cutscenes of him trying in vein to put his bib on!

- PRO SUDAFED When you play with Balotelli against Dyanamo Kiev away you ACTUALLY need to sub him off at half time due to the new PRO SUDAFED feature where he's suffers an allergic reaction to the pitch!

- PRO SWEARING When you score with Wayne Rooney, press the select button to run over to the nearest camera and shout **** what! Amoungst other swear words added tot he game

- PRO PETULANCE Many features such as Swear at the camera if you lose int he final mintue, kick the ball away when committed a foul and complaining to the referee.

This is just a taster among with 10,000 more improvements!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE... STAY TUNED!!

You forgot:

PRO DIVING

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

Fifa doesn't do anything like this does it? I mean it does still have some dignity therefore.

The "Madden NFL 12" cover athlete will be unveiled live on SportsNation on ESPN2!

Your votes will determine who graces the cover of Madden 12. Join hosts Colin Cowherd and Michelle Beadle on "SportsNation" throughout the voting period for interviews with the candidates and more!
SportsNation, weekdays at 4 ET on ESPN2!

Cover athlete is about as important to me as the soundtrack, and considering the first thing I do after installing a new Fifa is turn off all the tracks that shows how much I care about it, give me a plain black box with no music if it means more money for licensed leagues or more room on the dvd for extra commentary/chants and such.

Shame when you look on the official site it's right up there on the request list along with "A boot creator", "up-to-date hair cuts", and "better tunes"... :DOH:

That´s exactly the kind of public that mr. rutter make his game for.

Well, not for me anymore, i´m out!

:P

Be The Ref is surprisingly common as a thread subject, which pretty much confirms that there are more people on this planet than we need.

Be The Ref is surprisingly common as a thread subject, which pretty much confirms that there are more people on this planet than we need.

I suppose if you believe the game is perfect in every way, then it's the kind of thing you might put in. What's so bizarre is that they believe the game is at that point where you are so happy with the gameplay that you start putting in all the bells and whistles which only people who don't actually think through their suggestions suggest.

Problem is, if you read some of EA's comments this year it implies they might feel they are getting to that stage - "More and more difficult..." and all.

Anyone tried be a goalkeeper in 11 (offline)? I couldn't see how it would work, and it really, really doesn't. By definition, you stand there watching an awfully played out AI match in front of you. You barely get to do anything because the AI can't put any pressure on your goal, it's simply not intelligent enough. Online, maybe, as games are end to end, but offline, it's just awful.

Got to half time and switched it off. Total waste of programming time.

Back
Top Bottom