Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

Just started my third season, got Wednesday into the premier league by winning the playoff final, was really tense, semi final was against Forest and ended up being an insane 9-8 on aggregate (I won the away leg 4-3) and the second home leg was 5-5 AET. Final was against Southampton and I led 1-0 for ages and had plenty of chances to seal the match but didn't take them and they equalised, went all the way to a penalty shootout and despite not hitting a single green mark with my nervous players I managed to win the final.

And then the problems started, next season begins, I check the free transfers as normal and there isn't a single new free transfer just the same ones from the start of the previous season, out of curiosity I reload from the end of the last season and again no free transfers, try this 5 times and every single time the new season calculates with zero free transfers, never had that before, finally I load the auto save from after the playoff final, get to the end of the season, it calculates and this time there is one new free transfer, Jordan Stewart winger OVR 70, really weird, never seen that, usually there are a few players worth grabbing on free transfers.

During the last month of the season a 17 year old youth player kept saying he wanted out of my academy, as I was just looking to progress to see if any new free transfers arrived I just ignored it, and unlike every time previous he eventually stopped complaining and stayed in my academy, very weird.

Then just after the January transfer window closed, I went to squad report to see if any of my players had developed so far in the season and it has already developed the console freezing bug which kicks in when you scroll down to certain players (usually promoted youth players) in this case it seems to be 2 reserve promoted youth goalkeepers, so from now on it seems I can only check the progress of my first 11 which is fucking annoying :( I tried to release them both to see if that helped but the board refused me permission to release the second one saying we didn't have enough strength in depth!

So turns out it isn't any of the promoted youth players who cause the freeze, by changing the sort parameters of the squad report section I was able to identify the culprit, Jean Yves M'voto the CB I bought from Oldham in the first season, who was fine for two seasons and now freezes the xbox every time I view him in the squad report screen, I tested by releasing him from his contract and the problem went away, I can scroll up and down the whole list of players in squad report with no freezes, but even though he's not first choice I don't want to give away a £500k player plus £200k release fee so I'll look at selling him in January, now I know which player is causing the problem I can easily avoid him in the squad report screen whilst still checking on the rest of my squad :)

Nice that you found out who's the culprit and so a way around it.

I do find that strange though! For me, that problem has only ever been with Promoted Youth players and not a 'real' one. Even then, I noticed I only seem to have that problem when I promote a youth player, and put them up immediately for loan. Which after awhile, even though you get no offers for them, their status turned to 'loaned out' as opposed to 'Set for loan'.

These little bugs are a real shame.

I'm in my 4th season in CM now by the way and joined newly promoted RC Lens in Ligue 1 to try to bring this fairly big club (Newcastle of France) back to glory days having spent 3 seasons in Germany with Dynamo Dresden and taken the club as far as I could.

My manager reputation is finally 3 and a half stars now. Let's see if I get any tempting offers at the end of this season. I'm only a quarter through my first season with Lens and though the club was as poor as it gets and with more than half the squad's contract set to expire in a year and very poor, I'm currently sitting 7th and looking good for a midtable finish and who knows maybe a Europa League spot (5th place!) with a bit of luck.

Hi, I'm new to the thread and I'm not sure whether it's still active or not but I fancy logging my CM somewhere so why not here?

Just finished the first transfer window with Lyngby BK in Denmark and I'm sitting 7th in the league after 7 games, with 10 points. The board set me the objective of avoiding finishing within the bottom part of the table, which I think is easily doable as the squad which LBK have suits my style of play very well. I simply need to build on the players already there and I believe I can make the European places maybe this season, but most definitely by the end of next season if I can get the players I want, which may be difficult considering the initial budget of £240,000 and £6,000 for wages.

During this first transfer window I've acquired two players:
CB Janicki from White Caps FC for £120,000
CF Schreter from FC Wacker for £400,000

Janicki is tall and strong and will help to maintain a solid defence providing he remains uninjured and Schreter is a CF with the ability to play LM (this is where I shall use him) and has decent pace alongside high shot power and long shot stats with a decent finishing attribute, so hopefully he should contribute nicely to the clubs goal tally.

I also sold two players:
ST Mortensen for £250,000 to Yeovil Town F.C
ST Boysen for £230,000 to Wiener Neustadt

I chose to sell both these strikers as they are not the type of forward that I enjoy playing with/can use effectively and their attributes were not really that good so I felt they would rarely be used and I had sufficient cover for the ST role in my team, so the sales were logical.

Sorry for what's probably so boring to read but I'll probably update this after the second transfer window, which will probably be tomorrow.

P.s. This is a rad forum!

Hi, I'm new to the thread and I'm not sure whether it's still active or not but I fancy logging my CM somewhere so why not here?

Just finished the first transfer window with Lyngby BK in Denmark and I'm sitting 7th in the league after 7 games, with 10 points. The board set me the objective of avoiding finishing within the bottom part of the table, which I think is easily doable as the squad which LBK have suits my style of play very well. I simply need to build on the players already there and I believe I can make the European places maybe this season, but most definitely by the end of next season if I can get the players I want, which may be difficult considering the initial budget of £240,000 and £6,000 for wages.

During this first transfer window I've acquired two players:
CB Janicki from White Caps FC for £120,000
CF Schreter from FC Wacker for £400,000

Janicki is tall and strong and will help to maintain a solid defence providing he remains uninjured and Schreter is a CF with the ability to play LM (this is where I shall use him) and has decent pace alongside high shot power and long shot stats with a decent finishing attribute, so hopefully he should contribute nicely to the clubs goal tally.

I also sold two players:
ST Mortensen for £250,000 to Yeovil Town F.C
ST Boysen for £230,000 to Wiener Neustadt

I chose to sell both these strikers as they are not the type of forward that I enjoy playing with/can use effectively and their attributes were not really that good so I felt they would rarely be used and I had sufficient cover for the ST role in my team, so the sales were logical.

Sorry for what's probably so boring to read but I'll probably update this after the second transfer window, which will probably be tomorrow.

P.s. This is a rad forum!

Welcome! This thread will always be active so long as someone has a CM update to make :L

Nice signings also, Schreter is a player I owned in a CM I had with Crawley, scored something like 27 goals in 37 league starts in the 2nd or 3rd season!

I haven't posted anything for a while - i've only posted about 6 times in total anyway but that's not the point :P

I've been redecorating my room - just finished - and i've not got round to hooking up my xbox yet. I put up my TV today, so as soon as I find a place to put the ol' xbox (nowhere obvious for it to go, i'm going to have to put up a big-ass shelf or something) i'll no doubt load up either my Mainz or 'Brazilian team' (can't remember the name) career, and then hopefully find something to post about :COOL:

Ah good to know the thread's still going, I read the initial 10 pages or so and that gave me the idea to start a CM in the Danish league so hopefully the good stuff will keep coming!

He's fantastic, got him at LM and he's already bagged a couple of goals and generally causes opposition keepers a lot of trouble because of his shooting from range. Sounds like I've made a good signing going off that record then haha!

Like a few of you guys, I'm still really enjoying CM. Started a CM with Swansea and I love how your squad can get stretched thin realistically. Joe Allen AND Leon Britton both got injuries, which made me very glad I'd signed a couple young midfielders on loan. It's great having to choose between a useless reserve player or an up-and-coming youngster because your two main strikers are both injured and you foolishly thought 2 would be enough!

End of season update:

Finished my first season with Lyngby BK and managed to pull off a 7th place finish (was sat 3rd at one point due to a great run of form) which I was rather happy with and was only 5 points away from a Euro League spot. My top scorer for the season was Kim Aabech with 8 goals from 19 games.

I made several deals in the January window including loaning in Danilo Kuzmanovic from D.I.F. to replace Nicolai Johannesen who had requested to go on loan. I also sold my CAM Christiansen for £650,000 as it was way above his estimated value and I brought in Thomas Kortegaard from AC Horsens for £455,000. Not a bad deal considering he fits the system better and is also technically better than Christiansen.

I've had to let one of my young back up ST's go due to him requesting £7,000 a week for his new contract, and I don't think he's worth such a high wage as his potential isn't great and he was rarely used this season, so he had to go. Additionally the loan of Peter Masden ended and he returned to Brondby IF. Overall my record at the end of the season was W11 D14 L8.

At the end of the season I received offers from SonderjsKE (poorest team in Danish league), C. Nordeste from Brazil, Millwall and VVV-Venlo and N.E.C from the Dutch league. Was very tempted by the last 3 offers but decided to stay with Lyngby and try to turn them into a competitive European team and gain a Euro League spot! Looking to get rid of some of the deadwood and older players and give the side some youth and potential whilst replacing those I lost at the end of the season. I have been granted a budget of £1.1 million and £5,000 in wages, so we'll see what I can do.

So turns out it isn't any of the promoted youth players who cause the freeze, by changing the sort parameters of the squad report section I was able to identify the culprit, Jean Yves M'voto the CB I bought from Oldham in the first season, who was fine for two seasons and now freezes the xbox every time I view him in the squad report screen, I tested by releasing him from his contract and the problem went away, I can scroll up and down the whole list of players in squad report with no freezes, but even though he's not first choice I don't want to give away a £500k player plus £200k release fee so I'll look at selling him in January, now I know which player is causing the problem I can easily avoid him in the squad report screen whilst still checking on the rest of my squad :)

Just to confirm I sold him in January and the squad report freeze was no more, I'm now in the next season and all is still good :)

My latest CM is with Barca B, though I'm a bit tentative to continue for long seeing as how I don't know of try can get promoted?
Anyway my first signing has been John Smith the worlds greatest freebie!
I need to go into the market for a striker who knows where the goal is once I shift the deadweight from the squad!

iPhone predictive text changes so many words in my posts that I just sound stupid!
Will know if they can at the end of season 1 (wishful thinking)

The Barca career fell on its face rapidly, a losing run of 12 games got me fired! I sim the games, I'm not just bloody awful at the game ;)

I decided a new career with one of my local teams ( the one I hate) Bristol Rovers would be a nice little challenge, I'm now in my 6th season the previous 5 were;

Season One
Target: Achieve a High Finish.
Achieved: Yes.
FA Cup: Third Round Replay.
League Cup: Round One.
League Position: 1st
Club Record: P53 W32 D13 L8 GF 98 GA 40.
Manager of Month: None.
Manager of Year: Yes.

Season Two
Target: Avoid Relegation.
FA Cup: 5th Round Replay.
League Cup: Round One.
League Position: 5th.
Club Record: P56 W27 D13 L16 GF 76 GA 58
Manager of Month: Twice.
Manager of Year: No.

Season Three
Target: Fight for Promotion.
FA Cup: Round 2 Replay.
League Cup: Round 4.
League Position: 2nd
Club Record: P52 W32 D12 L8 GF 87 GA 45

Season Four
Target: Finish Mid Table.
FA Cup: Round 4 Replay.
League Cup: Round 4.
League Position: 11th.
Club Record: P52 W25 D7 L20 GF 77 GA 63

Season Five
Target: Gain Promotion.
Achieved: No.
FA Cup: Round 3 Replay.
League Cup: Round 1.
League Position: 11th
Club Record: P49 W20 D13 L16 GF 61 GA 51

My Biggest Win: 5-0 vs Accrington, Oct 2011
My Biggest Loss: 4-1 vs Coventry, Sep 2012

Record Transfer Fee: £2.5million, paid to Coventry for Cyrus Christie.

My starting XI: 4411
John Smith GK 33, 77 - Free Agents

Mehmet Töre RB 16, 63 - Youth Academy
Gonçalo Brandão CB 30, 73 - Free Agents
Yohan Benalouane CB 29, 75 - Free Agents
Teddy Hope LB 19, 71 - Youth Academy

Jonathan Biabiany RM 28, 84 - Free Agents
Andrea Poli CM 27, 80 - Free Agents
Angelo Palombo CM 35, 76 - Free Agents
Raphael Martinho LM 28, 78 - Free Agents

Panagiotis Kone CF 29, 80 - Free Agents
Nicklas Bendtner ST 28, 79 - Free Agents

Last edited:
Well, my serious CM has been ruined. After a season at Swansea I moved to Sunderland only to discover that I can't stand their kits. Neither does a good job of being easy to distinguish from the opposing team if they're in white. So I've started a moneybags CM with Nottingham Forest in light of recent events.

Well, my serious CM has been ruined. After a season at Swansea I moved to Sunderland only to discover that I can't stand their kits. Neither does a good job of being easy to distinguish from the opposing team if they're in white. So I've started a moneybags CM with Nottingham Forest in light of recent events.

Ha, that's great. That's why they are my least favorite team to play against in my CM as well. Even if I change reverse both sides home/away kits, then the radar dots are all screwed up.

It's a shame because player-wise they had a pretty exciting team. Well, most of the players were pretty average but I liked the idea of having Sessegnon carry the rest of the team.

Hi Everyone,
New to the Forum and to keep conversation, I thought i'd share my Career Mode with everyone:
I am in my 2nd season with Chelsea [last season I won the League and Carling Cup]
Here is my Squad
GK: Cech, Benaglio, Courtois, Taylor, Payet[scouted]
DF: Ivanovic, van der Wiel, Bosingwa, Terry, Luiz, Cahill, Subotic, Cole, Tremoulinas, Bertrand
MF: Ranies, Reus, J. Navas, S. Bender, Meireles, Lampard, Gaston [VP], Mata, Hazard, and (I just bought Marvin Martin from Sochaux)
ST: Torres, Kerzhakov, Llorente[seems to be popular among you guys], Lukaku and Kakuta, along with Mitrovic and some youngsters

My problem is that some of players have started showing their age:
Lampard: from 87 ----> 85 [34 years old] :(
A. Cole: from 85 ----> 84 [32 years old] :SHOCK:

But many have grown:
Tremoulinas: from 77----> 80 [27]
Hazard: from 85 ----> 88 [21]
Cahill: from 78 ----> 82 [27]
What can I do to help Lampard and Cole they both play almost evry match notch up goals and assists [respectively]

Thanks Guys for any help

You can't do anything I'm afraid, just accept that they will age, generally it's the physical stats that reduce so you could always slightly adjust the roles they play to benefit from their strengths, play Lampard somewhere he doesn't need to make so many runs but where you can benefit from his passing/shooting (eg deeper midfielder with a quick DM to his side to help) Lampard can arrive on the edge of the box late in attacks to try shots etc similar to how Scholes plays, with Cole maybe don't set him to run forward quite so much, attack normal instead of high, then he'll only really push on when you're set to attack/all out attack.

You can't do anything I'm afraid, just accept that they will age, generally it's the physical stats that reduce so you could always slightly adjust the roles they play to benefit from their strengths, play Lampard somewhere he doesn't need to make so many runs but where you can benefit from his passing/shooting (eg deeper midfielder with a quick DM to his side to help) Lampard can arrive on the edge of the box late in attacks to try shots etc similar to how Scholes plays, with Cole maybe don't set him to run forward quite so much, attack normal instead of high, then he'll only really push on when you're set to attack/all out attack.
Thanks man, I'll change to 4-2-3-1 and place him beside beside Bender or Meireles and keep Mata or Hazard at CAM

I'm getting sick and tired of loaning out players and having them not play any matches at their clubs; what was the point of loaning them if the loanee clubs are going to do just what I've done?

Also, what's up with Benaglio telling me He feels he should play more? This guy is 82 overall, plays all my Champions League [Group Stage and Round of 16] matches, and even some League matches when I wanna give Cech a rest....What more does he want? If he keeps on complaining I might just call on a certain Monchengladbach keeper.....

I'm getting sick and tired of loaning out players and having them not play any matches at their clubs; what was the point of loaning them if the loanee clubs are going to do just what I've done?

I believe they will grow as if they played every match (assuming they have some growth left in them) no matter if it shows in the stats they're playing or not, it was one of the very few fixes in on of the title updates that loaned out players receive a growth boast akin to gaining experience, I often use it for players around the 25-27 age group who seem to have stopped growing for me, it can help kick some extra/final growth out of them.

Also, what's up with Benaglio telling me He feels he should play more? This guy is 82 overall, plays all my Champions League [Group Stage and Round of 16] matches, and even some League matches when I wanna give Cech a rest....What more does he want? If he keeps on complaining I might just call on a certain Monchengladbach keeper.....

It's just bad programming, ignore it, was worse in Fifa11...

Really nice touch of Realism from EA;
I was playin at Anfield and winning 3-1
I went to Instant Replay to catch my 3rd goal again[beautiful header from Subotic] and at the corner of the screen my eye caught a Digital Scoreboard like at Anfield: but this wasn't a pixellated mess that constantly stays at 0-0; It actually read:
HOME 1 32:17
VISITOR 3 HALF 2

EA, you've really outdone yourself :APPLAUD:

Also for those of us with Tactical Defensive Problems, I find it easier to Jockey[L2] than to Contain[X];
Positioning one of your holding mids [I use 4-2-3-1] In between the current player in posession and the person [use your Tactical Knowledge] who is most likely to recieve the Ball, you will 7/10 times get an interception.

[P.S. If it doesn't work for you I'm really sorry, maybe It's just a bug in my game, or I just get lucky]

Michael that's how the majority of us have defended since Fifa12 came out, we discussed the contain button and how useful it was many moons ago (obviously you're new here and couldn't know that, just laying it out their for the sake of information :) ), many like myself moved contain to RB/R1 and returned the standard button config to press/2nd press and manually contain/jockey etc :)

Oh no, now John Terry's gone and dropped! :(
But Placebo you were right only Physically
Acceleration -6
Agility -5
Jumping -4
Strength -4
Speed -7 :SHOCK:
Balance -5
Stamina -9
Reactions -4

He dropped all that in one drop? Wow that's bad, I signed Beckham at 37 and he only dropped in Speed/Accel maybe 4 points in his last two years.

To Anyone who needs a Keeper

I'm not sure how put in a Spoiler so if you don't like talent being discovered for you scroll down now

1. I just played a Carling Cup quarter final against Newcastle this B****** of a GK, S. Frey made 19 saves :SHOCK:

2. Aston Villa managed to get their hands on C. Gordon and he's turned into a beast for them in the Home and Away ties with he got Man of the Match and second behind Cech [my GK] for clean sheets

Values
S. Frey - £1,800,000 after 1 1/2 seasons
C. Gordon - £4,700,000 after 1 1/2 seasons

P.S.
1. In almost everyone's career [mine included] Man City have bought Sneijder; I wonder if EA did that on purpose

2. I've noticed that If a Keeper is wearing short sleeves he's really, really good. [Frey and Gordon both wear short sleeves]

[sp0iler] replace the 0 after sp with an o, it's easy you see ;) [/spoiler]

replace the 0 after sp with an o, it's easy you see ;)

I'm impressed at FIFA 12: In FIFA 11 almost all the reserve players wore goddamn EA sports boots and you had to edit all of them,
This year, I even forgot to dot his before I started and almost all my reserves have real [mostly NIKE CTR360 and adidas adiPure IV] boots standouts are:
G. Kakuta - Yellow Mercurials :D
M. Mitrovic - David Beckham Predators B-)
R. Lukaku - Suarez F50s

Ironically though it seems:
1. Danny Sturridge of all people is wearing GRAYEA Sports Boots
2. Oriol Romeu is wearing White EA boots

Other than that The rest are kitted out with authentic cleats.

P.S. Sorry if my blabbing irritated you :)

Back
Top Bottom