FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

nice but remember that not everyones sliders will suit your tastes.

I recommend a few days reading up on each slider and what it does, adujsting each sldier, seeing its effect on the game and judging what you enjoy.

Like I think the game is slow and a bit sluggish I like to make it faster and some would say more arcade.

Others liek to make the game even slower and think this makes it more realistic.

Thanks for the tip. I personally prefer a more realistic experience. I like slow paced game, but nothing that makes it feel sllugish as if you are playing in slow motion.

There are too much posts here already, some long ones, so i honeslty won't have patience and time to read the whole thread, but surely i'll read many of them to understand the impact of each setting. As an unexperienced fifa 12 player, i already have some doubts that i will share with you later.

At first, my idea is to take a good configuration well recommend here and then i will be ajdusting slowly and patiently to fit perfeclty with my taste.

Thanks for the tip. I personally prefer a more realistic experience. I like slow paced game, but nothing that makes it feel sllugish as if you are playing in slow motion.

There are too much posts here already, some long ones, so i honeslty won't have patience and time to read the whole thread, but surely i'll read many of them to understand the impact of each setting. As an unexperienced fifa 12 player, i already have some doubts that i will share with you later.

At first, my idea is to take a good configuration well recommend here and then i will be ajdusting slowly and patiently to fit perfeclty with my taste.

ok sure defo recommends are

increase run frequency for user and cpu perhaps 65-80
shoot power IMO 51
pass error for cpu 55-65
Pass speed increased IMO
full back positiong incresaed also.

I think everyone agrees pretty much with these things?

Not shot power, needs leaving on 50, 51 lets anyone score rockets from anywhere, only way 51 can be used is if you set keepers to 80+ which then makes it unrealistic for any other type of shot other than rockets.

They completely messed up the shot speed slider, 51 now should be more like 70-80 or so, I can see need for an increase but based on how the slider actually is we'd need something like 50.25

Not shot power, needs leaving on 50, 51 lets anyone score rockets from anywhere, only way 51 can be used is if you set keepers to 80+ which then makes it unrealistic for any other type of shot other than rockets.

They completely messed up the shot speed slider, 51 now should be more like 70-80 or so, I can see need for an increase but based on how the slider actually is we'd need something like 50.25

well i dunno IMO 52 is what u descirbe...52 is like rocekts from any distance and any player go in all time.

I feel 50 is kinda weak....51 I dunno? sometimes I think its to pwoerful also, but sometimes its not that bad.

I think 50 sucks and maybe 51 sucks also...the settings are OTT.

52 is like what one would assume 100 to be!!! They have really messed up this setting.

I say experiment with 50 and 51 but thats it....no need to try any other value.

Really you can settle for slightly weak shots at 50 or perhaps slightly to powerful shots at 51.

HOwever, IMO 51 is simialr to old pes games. In old Pes you could score screamers all angles 30-40 yrds...so its a bit more fun but maybe unrealsitic unless its liek gerrard making the shot!! etc

Try

Normal
Speed 46
Acceleration 50
Pass Speed 55
Shot 50-52
CPU Goalie 50 or above depending upon your Shot Power
Power Bar 65
Run Frequency 80

ok sure defo recommends are

increase run frequency for user and cpu perhaps 65-80
shoot power IMO 51
pass error for cpu 55-65
Pass speed increased IMO
full back positiong incresaed also.

I think everyone agrees pretty much with these things?

Thanks mate. I'll try this out, but I'd like to see the a full sliders setting and more than one if possible.

I already got my copy and put the disc on my ps3 :). I'll test many different sliders, including yours, so its time to be call now lol. Despite the fact that I have been so disppointed with football games, i still love it so much that i'll have all the patience to get the best out of Fifa according to my taste.

I'll see a recommended sliders here and then i'll compare it to what you post there and mix both. Then i'll share my experience.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Try

Normal
Speed 46
Acceleration 50
Pass Speed 55
Shot 50-52
CPU Goalie 50 or above depending upon your Shot Power
Power Bar 65
Run Frequency 80

I read its better to make gk cpu about 47-48.

At this level they dont save less shots the just punch out etc..rathet than always catch the ball.

Also whats benefits of increasing power bar? I have never modified

Thanks mate. I'll try this out, but I'd like to see the a full sliders setting and more than one if possible.

I already got my copy and put the disc on my ps3 :). I'll test many different sliders, including yours, so its time to be call now lol. Despite the fact that I have been so disppointed with football games, i still love it so much that i'll have all the patience to get the best out of Fifa according to my taste.

I'll see a recommended sliders here and then i'll compare it to what you post there and mix both. Then i'll share my experience.

Thanks!

I also like to make cpu marking 47-48...for me at pro level it jsut gives me that little extra space to make things happen.

I feel at pu marking 50 on pro and above that they mark to tight and I can never make and shots or skill moves.

However others disagree and make marking higher...well thats my perosnal opinion.

I wouldnt go lower than 46-47 though as its far to easy to score as the CPU jut sbacks of completely.

nice but remember that not everyones sliders will suit your tastes.

I recommend a few days reading up on each slider and what it does, adujsting each sldier, seeing its effect on the game and judging what you enjoy.

Like I think the game is slow and a bit sluggish I like to make it faster and some would say more arcade.

Others liek to make the game even slower and think this makes it more realistic.

That's good advice. I'd recommend trying each slider on zero then at 100 just to see what it does, then take it back to 50 where it started and adjust accordingly from there. Remember you can do this on the fly in a friendly by pausing the game, going to settings, then altering the sliders mid-match and see instantly how it works. Remember also to adjust the sliders for both user (you) and CPU. I prefer to keep both user and CPU sliders the same as each other so as to not create any imbalances in gameplay.

My current sliders are;

Sprint speed; 47
Acceleration; 47
Pass Error; 58
Injury frequency; 95
Marking; 58
Run Frequency; 65
Line Height; 53
Line Length; 45
Line Width; 45

with every other slider setting left as default at 50. I also play on slow speed. I'm very happy with mine!

It really is a very fine balancing act with FIFA though I find. Yesterday I had almost the perfect settings for a realistic experience but just wanted that little bit more zest and zip with the gameplay, and players a little quicker. I tinkered with one or two things and the game went back to being cheaty and crazy. By increasing say the acceleration from what I had which was like 46 or something up to 50 the CPU started to become rampant, I just didn't have the reflexes to keep up with their runners. I also tried to increase passing speed from what I had which was 60 to 65 (too fast) and then settled back down to 60 again as the game seemed way too fast.

I also had the line length at 60, as what I want is tight marking (70) but enough space in between the sets of units to at least have a little breathing space. The result of a longer line combined with increased acceleration though drove the game wild and it was like PES on heat!

Going to experiment more today!

Yep I experienced the exact same thing yesterday as well, going from a great slider weekend to a down to earth with a bump slider Monday, too much tweaking!

Yeah it really is amazing how much effect even the smallest of tweaks does. I had a run of tight games, 0-0, 1-0, that kind of thing but I relaised the gameplay was too rigid, too restrictive and a little too slow. The next thing after my tweaks I had a 6-3 loss v WBA, with Obemiwinge (sp) scoring four!!! lol

Back to the drawing board!

I say experiment with 50 and 51 but thats it....no need to try any other value.

Really you can settle for slightly weak shots at 50 or perhaps slightly to powerful shots at 51.

I think you may be right, out of curiosity I raised it to 51 last night, but also raised shot error and GK for both sets of sliders, seen a couple of screamers aided by the extra shot speed but also regular goals still getting scored fine despite the increased error/gk to compensate, testing some more but so far so good.

I think you may be right, out of curiosity I raised it to 51 last night, but also raised shot error and GK for both sets of sliders, seen a couple of screamers aided by the extra shot speed but also regular goals still getting scored fine despite the increased error/gk to compensate, testing some more but so far so good.

yeh IMO 51 is good, In old pes you could score some unrealsitic screamers and it was fun but you could only do it with rivaldo recoba etc..so thats a factor if you can do it with john terry etc..a bit silly.

I actually have shot error still at 50 on semi and I have cpu gk at 47-48. Just to get more parries instead of catches.

I dont see gk make many erros or let in easy goals ever. Even on 50 they seem pretty solid. But I have no expereimented 50+

But its borign when they catch every corner, on 47 they dont win so many corners or crosses which makes more fun.

My idea is "if ain't broken don't fix it". So i play with the following. Playing on pro, a mix of manual and semi (i am not yet mastering the game).

User/Cpu

Pass Speed 60/60
Pass Error 50/62
Positioning: Run Frequency 70/70
GK Ability 50/46
Power Bar 60 (user)
Positioning: Line Width 50/60
Positioning: Fullback Positioning 55/60

depending on stadium/camera/night-day dry-rain/form of players/
Sprint 45-55 range
Acceleration 50-60 range

I really enjoy that a dry sunny days makes the game slower and that the camera adjust to the stadium like in real life. Although it can be tricky, playing at san siro can oten feel like ping pong whereas in the stadio olimpico it might feel too slow. Premier leagues games are more pacey than other competitions.

I'd say shooting is fine at 50: with a proper shooter and some space u can hit a missile, I guess when u are in bad position and bad timing u can see a lot of weak shots.

I do wish the AI would shoot more from distance, they have a tendency for going into the box and dribble everyone. Maybe some stats change might influence that, any suggestions?

anyway, great game. My ps3 was collecting dust before i put my hands on fifa, going back to pes is just impossible, the game has not evolved in any way.

That pretty much sums me up, I just leave keepers and shooting at 50. I'm experimenting more with shooting and finding some nice results. I'm learning about adding more topspin to shots to get powerful ones that dip, and learning about using the right stick to knock the ball on, then hit the shot button as your player approaches the ball. You can hit some proper screamers with the right players by doing this, as the ball has been dug out from under your striker's feet and can get over the ball more and with extra power due to his body position. It's very similar to PES in this regard, but whereas PES seems to get all the credit, no-one ever mentions this in FIFA12.

Just had two great matches on my new slider settings, think I'm finally getting them down to a point I can share them, legendary, all manual, yet with these sliders legendary is far more reasonable and the best part is the AI plays far more human like, just had one match away to Arsenal where I won 5-0 which sounds bad on paper but turns out their keeper was some 49OVR kid who's 5ft 11 so not really a surprise I scored more, the actual match stats were a lot more realistic and balanced than that suggests, and last match I just had an absolutely cracking FA cup tie at Everton, real cup feel to it and there was a great ebb and flow, at times they were on top, at times I was on top, ended 1-1 and is going to a reply, here's the post match stats:

sliderstats.jpg

That pretty much sums me up, I just leave keepers and shooting at 50. I'm experimenting more with shooting and finding some nice results. I'm learning about adding more topspin to shots to get powerful ones that dip, and learning about using the right stick to knock the ball on, then hit the shot button as your player approaches the ball. You can hit some proper screamers with the right players by doing this, as the ball has been dug out from under your striker's feet and can get over the ball more and with extra power due to his body position. It's very similar to PES in this regard, but whereas PES seems to get all the credit, no-one ever mentions this in FIFA12.

I totally love shooting in fifa12.
To be fair what makes fifa 12 a good game today is that its the true successor to great PES PS2 games and they learnt alot from PES 3-5 + they added high tech to that but they still needs more individuality (They are getting there)

I've been using LTFC sliders with some modifications.I like how your sliders brought the game to life and runs here and there, overlapping runs.Very good sliders

@Placebo seems promising sliders.I'll be waiting for them.

I totally love shooting in fifa12.
To be fair what makes fifa 12 a good game today is that its the true successor to great PES PS2 games and they learnt alot from PES 3-5 + they added high tech to that but they still needs more individuality (They are getting there)

I've been using LTFC sliders with some modifications.I like how your sliders brought the game to life and runs here and there, overlapping runs.Very good sliders

@Placebo seems promising sliders.I'll be waiting for them.

I agree that fifa nextgen feels more like pes old than pes nextgen.

FIFA is the next gen succoser to PES ps2 lol....Its like ea went why was pes so good lets try to examin, copy and improve it...

Whereas PEs went, man we always have the best football games lets do something cool like...make crap games ? lol

Just had two great matches on my new slider settings, think I'm finally getting them down to a point I can share them, legendary, all manual, yet with these sliders legendary is far more reasonable and the best part is the AI plays far more human like, just had one match away to Arsenal where I won 5-0 which sounds bad on paper but turns out their keeper was some 49OVR kid who's 5ft 11 so not really a surprise I scored more, the actual match stats were a lot more realistic and balanced than that suggests, and last match I just had an absolutely cracking FA cup tie at Everton, real cup feel to it and there was a great ebb and flow, at times they were on top, at times I was on top, ended 1-1 and is going to a reply, here's the post match stats.

Sounds really nice, waiting for your sliders. :)

Just had two great matches on my new slider settings, think I'm finally getting them down to a point I can share them, legendary, all manual, yet with these sliders legendary is far more reasonable and the best part is the AI plays far more human like, just had one match away to Arsenal where I won 5-0 which sounds bad on paper but turns out their keeper was some 49OVR kid who's 5ft 11 so not really a surprise I scored more, the actual match stats were a lot more realistic and balanced than that suggests, and last match I just had an absolutely cracking FA cup tie at Everton, real cup feel to it and there was a great ebb and flow, at times they were on top, at times I was on top, ended 1-1 and is going to a reply, here's the post match stats:

Great stuff! Let us know what your sliders are when you get the chance. :)

Ok here's the stats from two more matches and then below will be the sliders:

Nothing too out of the ordinary about this one, best team won, my keeper unsurprisingly got man of the match.
dsc0154ju.jpg

Crazy match this one, Chelsea already play Mikel at CB for the last couple of seasons, Bruma got sent off for two yellows on 34 so they moved Andy Carroll to CB! This left an LW and RW up front which surprisingly worked as they kept running between my fullbacks and CBs and found a lot of space (despite being man marked by my fullbacks), note the amount of CPU tackles/cards and especially CPU shooting, who said they don't shoot from outside the area? ;)
dsc0155lg.jpg

And here's the sliders:

User Sliders

CPU sliders

Sorry I don't have time to write them out neatly but I'll do that tomorrow I swear! All manual controls, Legendary, 10 min halves, slow. For best testing play in dry weather as the wet pitch slows down the ball and makes it easier for the AI to pass, this is fine as it makes rain matches a little harder which is good but not until you're familiar with these sliders ;)

^^ So your thoughts on shot speed 51? Its better than 50 overall? Not to many blasters?

Whats the notiecable gampelay effect of very high marking? I set it at 47/48 to make it a bit more loose

Anything above 50 for shot speed looks crazy.

p.s. it's ironic that people blast a games (e.g. PES) for not having balanced gameplay out of the box, yet they can spend day after day looking for the ultimate slider settings. Everyone has a different opinion on how they want the game to be so people should cut some slack to game developers I think. They need to make a decision or else no one will ever get a game lol

Anything above 50 for shot speed looks crazy.

p.s. it's ironic that people blast a games (e.g. PES) for not having balanced gameplay out of the box, yet they can spend day after day looking for the ultimate slider settings. Everyone has a different opinion on how they want the game to be so people should cut some slack to game developers I think. They need to make a decision or else no one will ever get a game lol

Often shots can be weak on 51 if you are not set right etc....its only 52+ its just ridiculous.

FIFA sliders from what I am aware allow much more adaptation to the game than what Pes offers?

I think sliders also offer players to create their own preffered kind off game so its pretty good.

I dont think the game of PES can be changed so much in each little aspect as FIFA sliders...but I dont know?

I didn't notice much difference between 52 and 51 to be honest but I did back down to 50.

No you can't change sliders on PES. What I'm saying though, is that if you guys are having a couple of good days with sliders and then you need to re-adjust them again..and the game has been out for months now, well it's a bit harsh for people to complain that EA or Konami can't get the balance of gameplay right when they release the game.

If it WAS so easy to come up with something that plays well and stays really good all the time, then you would have settled on it by now.

Back
Top Bottom