Fifa 14 Career Mode discussions

Noticed a couple of bugs. I purchased the "edit player appearance in career mode" or something like that, but that doesn't seem to work. Sure, the feature appears in the menu, but when I edit something the changes don't appear in the gameplay.

Another (extremely annoying) bug after a recent update is this: I always change my squad in the team management screen before each game. So you choose "play game" in the main career menu, you select the kits and then you choose "team management", "squads". Anyway, when you want to use a different striker or whatever, you move the "cursor" to the player and press Y (Xbox360), after which you can choose your sub with the left or right stick. (If you press A instead of Y, you have to scroll all the way to your subs or reserves to switch players.) I noticed however that that doesn't work anymore, at least not when you're playing an away game and your squad is on the right side of your screen. When you press Y and then use the left/right stick, the "compare screen" appears that shows both players' stats. You then have no other options than pressing B (back) a couple of times, sending you back to the screen where you can choose "play game", "team management", "custom tactics" et cetera.

I really hope they are planning to fix this.

Playing as Spurs in my first next gen CM, and man, this has got to be the most erratic CM I've played. I crush Norwich 5-2 away, then I tie Bayern 2-2 at home in the Champions League, then I lose to Cardiff 3-0 at home.

My results are all over the place and I'm sitting 11th in the table in January. I expect to be fired any day now.

One big gripe at the moment is that I'm conceding way too many second-chance goals, usually from keeper parries straight to a striker. If it weren't for all the sloppy goals I'm conceding, I'd probably be in the top five.

While I rarely concede headers now in next gen, unfortunately it seems they've been replaced by second chance goals. That and refs are my biggest complaints with next gen so far.

Not a fan of how much time the new GTN can take up.

The only thing worse: sinking over an hour into the GTN (combined with SOFIFA to double-check OVRs because my scouts are bringing back players rated in the high 60s which will never make the field at Spurs)only to advance the date to play my next league match but receive a termination email instead.

Motherfuckers. Not that I totally didn't deserve to be fired mind you.

Does anybody continue with their careers when they're fired? Not me, next up is a Chelsea CM.

Everyone else is getting ridiculous schedules in the first season, right? I quit my United career mode because of impossible schedules and now my Villarreal game is ruined too. Something like 5 games in 9 days, with one game on Wednesday and another immediately after on Thursday. It seems like if you're still in the cup competitions by December the scheduling goes to hell.

Everyone else is getting ridiculous schedules in the first season, right? I quit my United career mode because of impossible schedules and now my Villarreal game is ruined too. Something like 5 games in 9 days, with one game on Wednesday and another immediately after on Thursday. It seems like if you're still in the cup competitions by December the scheduling goes to hell.

Unfortunately this is normal. I don't know what EA is thinking.

Yeah, it seems like it's the cup matches that mess things up. When I play as lower league teams who aren't in many competitions, I tend to have very few if ANY scheduling issues. But in my current CMs, which I"m using to just get used to next gen, I've played with Spurs and Chelsea and I've run into trouble. Just had 3 matches in five days; two were tournament matches, from different competitions.

Please tweet Munraj Hyare (@thisismunny) and Adam Bell (@amb3ll) about scheduling. I would but I tweet them enough as it is, lol. We need to get on them for this!

Please tweet Munraj Hyare (@thisismunny) and Adam Bell (@amb3ll) about scheduling. I would but I tweet them enough as it is, lol. We need to get on them for this!

I gave up tweeting EA, they obviously don't give a shit these days. Not seen a single tweet/reply/comment from EA about the pre-contract bug (where they sign for a 2nd team) and that was still in 14 despite dating back to something like Fifa12.

I gave up tweeting EA, they obviously don't give a shit these days. Not seen a single tweet/reply/comment from EA about the pre-contract bug (where they sign for a 2nd team) and that was still in 14 despite dating back to something like Fifa12.

I hear ya. I've never heard back from anyone other Munraj, but I've had running conversations with him over the last couple months regarding CM, so he does respond.

Has he commented on the pre-contract issue and at least mentioned if it's fixed for next gen? For me that's the worst bug in 14 as it completely wrecks your CM, especially if you've committed most of your budget to sign a player and then for 3 seasons he plays for another team despite you paying for his wages, to me it's far worse than the scheduling issue as stamina is so under utilised anyways and personally in the 3-4 seasons I played I didn't have any bad scheduling.

What happens when I get sacked? Do I get offers from different clubs or is it game over? On my last warning for swearing and near the relegation zone so on thin ice.

Has he commented on the pre-contract issue and at least mentioned if it's fixed for next gen? For me that's the worst bug in 14 as it completely wrecks your CM, especially if you've committed most of your budget to sign a player and then for 3 seasons he plays for another team despite you paying for his wages, to me it's far worse than the scheduling issue as stamina is so under utilised anyways and personally in the 3-4 seasons I played I didn't have any bad scheduling.

I haven't mentioned that bug to him and if he's commented on it, I missed it.

But there's too many bugs to point out each one, even if the pre-contract one is a big one (I haven't experienced it myself), so I typically discuss big picture stuff with him. Basically I lambast the new GTN.

That's not to say the pre-contract bug isn't worth getting on them about, and I will mention it at some point just for the sake of it, it's just that I've been trying to spread out my criticism so that they don't block me on twitter!

Regarding stamina though, I"m not sure if it's under-utilised in CM, at least in terms of match-to-match (in-game, short-term stamina system is poor) and when you're using default sliders like I tend to. Playing with Chelsea, and being in multiple competitions, I have to regularly rotate my squad. If I have three matches in a week because of a midweek match, I'll have some guys with 60-70% pre-match.

Meanwhile, scheduling issues were certainly part of the reason I got canned at Spur - I had to start several players rated in the 60s and low 70s. Like I said, I've rarely had scheduling issues with my lower league CMs, so I'm assuming it's largely an issue that arises from cup competitions leading to match rescheduling.

I'm not saying the problems I've experience are bigger or more important than yours. Unfortunately it seems there's enough issues to go around.

Last edited:
What response have you had from him on GSN?

Nothing of note really. It is twitter afterall.

And mostly he just asks questions: what I like/don't like; suggestions; how I play the game; etc.

I haven't gained any meaningful insight from him but on the other hand, on some topics at least, he's shown a real interest in understanding my point of view by asking follow-up questions, which is more than I can say for any other dev since they abandoned the official forums.

I haven't gained any meaningful insight from him but on the other hand, on some topics at least, he's shown a real interest in understanding my point of view by asking follow-up questions, which is more than I can say for any other dev since they abandoned the official forums.

That's good then, at least it's something :)

I was thinking of starting a 'Player' career mode soon. What bug is that and does it affect everyone or there is a chance?

I play on PS4

I was thinking of starting a 'Player' career mode soon. What bug is that and does it affect everyone or there is a chance?

I play on PS4

No idea about PS4; given it's a different version to PC, it probably has its own bugs that might not match with the PC version.

Started a new career with Chesterfield FC my god this GTN is a ballache, can someone tell me if better scouts give a more accurate view of stats i.e. with 1or 2 points as opposed to 5 difference.

Yes, better scouts = more search results, faster searching, faster scouting and more narrow results, it's lame and you should level the playing field by (for example) transferring in some of the 75+ free transfers so you can sell them to hire decent scouts, 3 or 4 will do it.

Yes, better scouts = more search results, faster searching, faster scouting and more narrow results, it's lame and you should level the playing field by (for example) transferring in some of the 75+ free transfers so you can sell them to hire decent scouts, 3 or 4 will do it.

Could you tell me the names if some if the freebies I should sign? Is it cheating if I find them in the edit mode and then sign them?

Started a new career with Chesterfield FC my god this GTN is a ballache, can someone tell me if better scouts give a more accurate view of stats i.e. with 1or 2 points as opposed to 5 difference.

You can also do what I do and completely bypass the GTN and just use SoFIFA.com for all your scouting needs. I'm much happier now that I've stopped bothering with the GTN.

Bosman bug is just shite.

On my second career save, and it has happened again. Just won the league in the 2nd season with Lazio, have Oscar and Pjanic arriving on Bosmans, with Oscar easily then being my top earner on €160k per week.

I had the bug previously, on another save (Keisuke Honda), and checked both had signed for me, no-one else, up til the end of the season. Day 1 both sign for me, Pjanic is there in the squad, Oscar isn't.

I play career mode more than any other mode, and this needs to be fixed. Have they even acknowledged the issue? I've done 4 career mode seasons since the PS4 launch, and don't like my time being wasted. (I appreciate the irony in the comment, but you know what I mean)

Back
Top Bottom