Fifa 14 Career Mode discussions

So that bug is still in the PS4 as well? POS was really hoping they'd fixed it :(

Nope haven't seen any acknowledgement of it and it's surely been raised enough on various places like the EA forums.

So that bug is still in the PS4 as well? POS was really hoping they'd fixed it :(

Nope haven't seen any acknowledgement of it and it's surely been raised enough on various places like the EA forums.

Annoying. Started a new career with Valencia, tried to play the 2nd game of the season 3 times, I can't the game crashes and error ce-34878-0 occurs.

Just shite

Also have had a bug where I request funds, get them, accept, and get no money. Had it happen twice so far. But it wasn't money I really needed so whatever. About to take the job at Liverpool after taking Genoa to 3rd. Even though I brought in quite a few players.

GTN is complete shite. Thought I'd give it a try now I'm a higher rated team eith bettet scouts, the worst player in my starting XI is 70 overall and they're giving my "first tean quality" of some crap 61 rated LB Brentford!

I got a 59 overall LB as first team quality. But he has something like 95 sprint/accel. But yeah, overall GTN sucks. It finds tons of players who you would barely consider squad players.

Plus this new Bosman contract thing is OP as shit. My team in my fifth year as Chesterfield is as follows (Overalls are a guess off the top of my head, teams included for interested people:

Sommer 82 (FC Basel, Keeper)

Paulo Miranda 74 (Sao Paulo, CB playing RB)
Marquinhos 84 (PSG, CB)
Inigo Martinez 84 (Real Sociedad, CB)
Digne 82 (PSG, LB)

Markovic 84 (SL Benfica, RM)
Chalobah 82 (Nottingham Foresy, CDM playing CM)
Bruma 81 (Galatasary, LW playing LM)
Wellington Nem 84 (Shaktar Donetsk, CAM)
Name escapes me 82 (Someone, somewhere)

Mitrovic 83 (Anderlecht, ST)

And a pretty solid subs bench for a first year in the first year of the prem.

This Bosman contract thing is nonsense and unforgivable indeed.

Am I correct to assume that at least if I don't try to sign players on pre-contracts, the game will stay bug-free? Or does AI suffer from it as well when signing players from other teams?

After some database tweaking of player attributes and team strategies and slider adjustments, I am really enjoying my Hull career; stronger teams (Liverpool, Chelsea...) usually dominate me with ball possessiona and shooting (unlike default game) and I must play on counters against them. Mcity just beat me 1:0 and they had 14 shoots (I had 5) while with default database it would be other way around.
Anyway, I am currently 8th and aiming for euro spot.

Could someone tell me why ALL players of my national team (Sweden in 2nd season) are in every match out of form?? One of them (Cica) I have also in my club team (Olhaense). Is it some crazy bug or is it somewhat relative to manager reputation or anything else? Tia for help

Hi !
do you guys know if the calendar bug ( too many games played in one week ) still happening ?
I did start a career with the PSG when the game was just released and this bug was so annoying i stop playing it !!
thanks to GTA and NBA 2k14 i don't play fifa anymore ( except when my friends come into my house ) but i want to restart a career now !
i've searching for info about a patch and find nothing ! nobody complained about this ? EA did nothing ?

I haven't seen it yet myself but yeah I've seen complaints from people about stuff like matches with only one day in between (I think it's only really if you're an international manager and in all cups inc Europe).

with PSG when the league cup begin i had a ligue 1 game sunday then a champion's league game wednesday then a league cup game thursday and ligue 1 saturday , and no game the following wednesday .... really stupid !!

maybe, France and England are the rare country where you can find league cup i think (speaking for France, England, Italy, Spain and Germany).

Well that's pretty obvious really :) If you're not in the cups there's no fixtures to get piled up!

A far greater problem is all players retiring at age 29+ if their contract is due to expire, absolute joke playing matches to hear that a 29 year old Jagielka (for example) is retiring.

The dual signing bosmans is also a far greater problem IMO although touch wood on PS4 I haven't had it yet, got another 10+ arriving next season including some gems like Ramsey, Moses, Coates, Alex Silva, Phil Jones etc. etc. what I do (no idea if it makes any difference) is once they've agreed to come on pre-contract I add them back on my shortlist, done that for the last two seasons and haven't had a player double booked, so to speak :)

I dunno, I think the scheduling is just about the biggest problem that needs to be fixed. If you're in multiple competitions, you are going to have problems, plain and simple.

Meanwhile, I've yet to have a single problem with a player retiring early. I've also yet to have a problem with a bosman. That's not to say those aren't issue that need to be fixed.

Whatever. Stupid debate. There's quite a number of things that need to be fixed, like older players declining way too quickly, or how reaction stats don't ever improve; player stories being nonsensical (players starting most matches but demanding more playing time; reserve players demanding more playing time; etc.), or player form being way to easy to be in positive form.

Well I'm in the semis of the Europa league and the FA cup and lost in the semis of the league cup, I'm also the Swedish manager, and I've had no fixture congestion this season, closest I had to play was three matches in two days which happened once this season but I just rotated my squad and it was no issue (fatigue is still too mild anyways).

And yes absolutely I agree with all the additional issues you raise, really stupid this season I keep seeing stuff like a reserve forward who's listed for loan and they're saying "well he's listed for loan but starting today in goal" WTF?

Well I'm in the semis of the Europa league and the FA cup and lost in the semis of the league cup, I'm also the Swedish manager, and I've had no fixture congestion this season, closest I had to play was three matches in two days which happened once this season but I just rotated my squad and it was no issue (fatigue is still too mild anyways).

And yes absolutely I agree with all the additional issues you raise, really stupid this season I keep seeing stuff like a reserve forward who's listed for loan and they're saying "well he's listed for loan but starting today in goal" WTF?

Huh, interesting. In my last season, I was in the finals of I think all the cup competitions and my end of the season schedule was hell.

So this season I loaded up with a ridiculously big squad, which is so easy to do playing as Chelsea, but now of course I'm dealing with half of my best players bitching about their role at the club. Bunch of overpaid whiners my guys are.

I've also upped the difficulty to Legendary and I've had to use the replay match cheat from the catalogue a few times. I'd never used it in past FIFAs but results in next gen 14 can be crazily inconsistent. Like I'll be on a good, realistic run of form but then ship 4 goals to Stoke City in the first half.

I also had to replay at least two of the FA Cup matches, in the final month of the season I had the last league fixtures as well as the FA Cup and Europea League finals and the worst was 3 matches in 5 days :)

Brilliant game design/testing from EA. Zlatan just retired half way through the 2016 European Championships! WTF??? I managed to win a group containing Wales (3-0), Portugal (1-1) and Italy (1-1), next match is Spain, technically it runs into the new season, so I got an Email saying Zlatan Ibrahimovic had retired and they dragged another forward out of the Swedish pool of players. Gutted as he was my top scorer with 3 goals!

Brilliant game design/testing from EA. Zlatan just retired half way through the 2016 European Championships! WTF??? I managed to win a group containing Wales (3-0), Portugal (1-1) and Italy (1-1), next match is Spain, technically it runs into the new season, so I got an Email saying Zlatan Ibrahimovic had retired and they dragged another forward out of the Swedish pool of players. Gutted as he was my top scorer with 3 goals!

That is extremely annoying. I had the same with Jordan Rhodes who for some bizarre reason decided to retire at the age of 28, really put a downer on my career game, to the extent that I decided to give up and start again.

They have created such a good gameplay experience on the pitch, it so frustrating that they let some of these big bugs through.

Not to Sweden he wouldn't.

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Zlatan.

Seriously though, the way older players decline and retire in CM is such a massive screw up. Basically I won't go near any player in the transfer market over the age of 27.

Back
Top Bottom