FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Li'l update:

I'm (painfully :D) cataloguing team tactics, little by little. Still, if it weren't for @papinho81 and his WhoScored.com tip, I'd be stuck.

My observations. Please bear with me:
  • Moddingway DB here: a lot of teams are named... weird, sometimes with strange abbreviations or even the name of the city. So, this confirms my approach of not using IDs or team names in assigning tactics. Please forgive me about that
  • In the Teams table in the DB, there are the ratings for a team's defense, midfield, attack and the overall. The problem: any created team (= not in vanilla FIFA 16), like Croatia or Iran, has all these ratings either at 50 or 0. So I can't use these either. Shame
  • The only solution, believe it or not, is to use the International Prestige. From what I've seen, it's used no matter the mod/DB, and so far the teams with the highest prestige (Barcelona, Bayern, ...) use ball possession per WhoScored.com, while teams with the lowest prestige (lower-tie teams/leagues) use the long ball tactic, with the other tactics in between
I could use the preset tactics already found in the DB as base, but they seem to have been assigned pseudo-randomly, at least according to what I'm seeing on WhoScored.com.

Pap linked me an amazing job of his, which I'm gonna use because it really helps setting up the various sub-tactics (aggression, passing, positioning, ...), but that will come later, when I will do the finishing touches on everything -- for now I want to do a more generic job, so we have a solid foundation :))

And there you have it. Hope you agree with me on this solution, somewhat :ROLL:

Saludos :))

Hey there,

I just finished cautiously assigning preset tactics with this criteria:
  • Ball Possession: International Prestige from 18 to 20 (1.51% of the teams)
  • Counter Attack: International Prestige from 15 to 17 (4.00% of the teams)
  • High Press: International Prestige from 13 to 14 (4.32% of the teams)
  • No Specific Tactic: International Prestige from 8 to 12 (25.27% of the teams)
  • Long Balls: International Prestige from 0 to 7 (64.90% of the teams)
These assignments are in no way 100% set in stone (actually, if you think they need adjusting, let me know), and as you can see they are generic for the time being -- and missing Parking the Bus, too.

I did some randomization in the actual values (-5,5) as fifaCCitiu did, so as not to have all teams with 90 Build Up Passing, etc.

I'm gonna test as soon as I can, to see if indeed teams play differently from each other.
After that, I'm gonna tone down some arcadey boosts, if needed, and then (reasonably) fix these issues:
  • Short set pieces
  • Passive defending forwards
  • Fouls? <-- It looks like Team Aggression should cause more fouls contrary to Player Aggression, but I wouldn't want it to be like when I increased Aggression for all players: an unnatural increase in pace
And after all that, I'd like to edit Team Mentality, and Match Intensity (plus other related stuff), which from what I've read does control CPU aggression, but not as much as we'd like

Last edited:
AQrhWLc.png

Still a (relatively) long way to go, so many variables to tweak and test, but I'm not seeing any negative effects so far.

My observations so far:
  • I think I managed to fix the short set pieces problem with 2 cl.ini strings (OVERRIDE_PLAYER_LAUNCHER_POS=1, RANDOMIZE_BALL_LAUNCHER=0), without editing tactics, which is a plus, as the only way to do it would actually be increasing Buildup Speed -- and I don't want it to go over 30 unless it's a Counter-Attack/Long Ball tactic. Croatia had 6 corners and none were short
  • Looks like Team Aggression does indeed increase physicality and fouls without increasing the pace to arcadey levels. Fingers crossed
  • Since I'm playing with the MWM WC DB, not all Tactics have been assigned (fewer teams). France and Croatia have the same, nondescript tactic. Will play against Iran next, they have the Long Ball tactic
Hope to update you soon :))

PS: Told you it would be long (:PP), but I believe it's gonna be worth it :TU:

Knrm4vk.png

Not bad. They did use long balls, but not as much as I would have liked, and I think it's because of the higher Buildup Speed rating. If they had more time to think about what to do next, I believe they would launch more. Weak teams aren't usually fast in their buildup, doesn't make sense, it's like calling for a turnover :THINK:

That's because I use the 4 default FIFA tactics, maybe I should look for some custom ones (like from Pap, or Krebstar).

But that's tomorrow. Gonna call it quits for today. Now it's time to celebrate!
0.jpg

Thanks buddy! They don't really care (the championship has already been pretty much decided), but these 3 points are important for us -- and not only for morale :RSCARF::GSCARF:

You will play when I release the next version, you can be sure of that :APPLAUD:

Willing to try this beauty and wanted to ask: I install FIFA16, MW, edit db using Gameplayzer, create cl.ini file and.. what else? I saw somewhere 1.01 exe mentioned if I'm not mistaken. If this is needed, and if so, where could I get it then? Thanks!

Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!zl9FCaBL!LkMFPVkR4pqilyCkttcX0qK8HvYMb1eJGHa4IYXBvB8

Here's the latest available Gameplayzer: https://mega.nz/#!P1MnnSAD!zspJZyxIBiM1pLKTvUe9CdEl7MnoS-C1d1FdPociRLI

Instructions: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-179#post-3366053

Don't forget the sliders here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-187#post-3370856

The cl.ini:

[] //ATTRIBUTES
CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES=1
CPUAI_USE_TRAITS=1
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY=1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY=0
MUST_RUN_FWD_INTENSITY=0

[] //ATTACKING
MENTAL_VISION=30
FORCE_ANY=0.5
FORCE_FRONT=0.7
FORCE_BACK=0.1
FORCE_OBJECTIVE_FORCEDLONGPASSUP=1
OVERRIDE_PLAYER_LAUNCHER_POS=1
RANDOMIZE_BALL_LAUNCHER=0

[] //DEFENDING
CPUAI_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=9
MENTAL_INFLEXIBILITY=100
MENTAL_POSITIONING=100
MENTAL_INTERCEPTIONS=75
FORCE_OUTSIDE=8.0
FORCE_INSIDE=8.0
KEEP_UP_PRESSURE=1
EFFORT_GIVEUP_LEVEL=99
AI_NO_SLIDE_TACKLE=0
MAX_REASON_FOR_SLIDE_TACKLE=2
MAX_REASON_FOR_STAND_TACKLE=1
SLIDE_TACKLE=500
STAND_TACKLE=500
SLIDETACKLE=500.0
TACKLE=500.0
DIVES_INTO_TACKLES=100
ALLOW_TACKLE_FROM_BEHIND_WHEN_AGGRESSIVE=1
ENABLE_PHYSICAL_PLAY_PUSH_PULL=1
PULL=40000
PUSH=8000
FOUL_TEAM_SIDE=1
FORCE_FOUL_TEAM_SIDE_ENABLED=1
CONTENTIOUS_FOUL_ENABLED=1

[] //REFEREE
RULES_FOUL=1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2.0
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=0.1
USE_PRECISION_REF=1

[] //CHEATING
MovementPrediction=0
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

PS: You're right, it can be confusing. From now on, every time I post a new version for testing, I'm gonna post everything again (EXE, cl.ini, sliders...) :))

Thanks a lot!

And congrats with a good win. Honestly don't mind at all - would happily trade losses to Genoa for a next few years for one win against Atletico like last week :)

You're welcome :))

Oh, one thing: the version I linked to Tinker does not contain the tweaked Team Tactics, I'm still working on them. It's just the latest version I shared here :))

PS: Ahah, and now it's Ajax time, just like 1996 :D

I can test this and it won't affect my ongoing World Cup tournament (as long I use different savegame spots)?

Of course you can do that, but there's nothing to test yet -- I simply grouped all latest stuff in one post for Tinker to easily download, the Gameplayzer is still last week's, etc :))

I didn't release a new version :))

Ah yes... go ahead and release it when it's ready... I can play test games no problem. It's just those WC games that I have to play with full concentration. :D

Hi!

The 2 strings I told you about yesterday? Yeah, they don't work after all: still plenty of short corners/FKs/GKs.

From my extensive testing, these things may fix this problem, but they come with "collateral damage":
  • Buildup Speed and Buildup Passing both at a minimum of 34.
I already talked about the negative effects of a higher Buildup Speed, but testing this combo actually provided me with the definitive proof that Match Intensity does indeed work.
  • Tweaking Match Intensity, but by increasing aggression instead of reducing it.
You know Match Intensity is divided by 15 minute intervals.
Ok, so, for the first 14 minutes, all corners were long.
I then scored an own goal, and when the clock reached 14:00 -- all corners were now short. In the Match Intensity table, if the CPU is in front by 1 after 15 minutes, their intensity from 0 becomes -1.

Long story short, no matter what I decide to sacrifice (slower buildup or long corners?), and how, it's gonna make or break everything for a lot of people. Damn EA :CONF:

So, I'm not really stuck, but yeah, I am stuck :D

Will see if the next few days will provide me with a suitable solution

In the meantime,
saludos :))

Good morning!

Ok, I settled for giving teams a Buildup Speed between 34 and 45 (nothing more), and Buildup Passing at a minimum of 34. Plus some other tweaks I felt were necessary (narrower defenses, etc).

The increase in buildup speed is not as noticeable to me, actually, I'm still seeing many backpasses, so fingers crossed this is the suitable solution I was looking for. Of course, you will still have short set pieces sometimes, so in the end I didn't sacrifice anything -- a nice, middle ground. You know who to blame -- "it's in the game".

Teams with different tactics play differently, but don't expect any gamechangers -- the way EA coded the Team Tactics is a joke. I had to compensate to fix some of their shortcomings (short set pieces, passive defending forwards, ...), and even with values set to the extreme (eg: 100), you will not really see that much of a difference, still it should be there. Subtle, but there.

Also, I added a Park the Bus tactic to some weaker teams, and reduced the Team Aggression range from 67-100 to 34-66 -- players were robotic and frantic, and it may be placebo, but since reducing Team Aggression it seems I have more fouls (Barcelona fouled me 5 times in under 25 minutes).

I added a string in cl.ini that should reduce the "hot potato" mentality (caused by errors in first touch), and it looks like it is working. But again, it could be placebo.

Still need a few tweaks, plus Team Mentality and Match Intensity. But I should be able to release the new version later today, tomorrow at the latest.

So @El Pajaro, get eliminated soon so you can do some play testing again :ANGEL::P

Cheers :))

One observation: When CPU wingers feed high balls to the offensive penalty area straight from the run, those are usually classless and go to the stands with too big percentage. Sometimes it's ok because it happens in real football but now it happens almost all the time. Player gets the advantage in this department now.

That is a combination of Crossing attribute and CPU Pass Error.

Crossing is reduced just by 5%, so it shouldn't be the case.

CPU Pass Error was reduced by me to 62, but in your WC you're using my old sliders with CPU Pass Error at 64 :NONO:

@El Pajaro, hope you didn't get offended, I was only joking :))

Ok people, looks like this is it. I'm gonna do the final test matches now, and if I see no obvious problems, I'm gonna share the new Gameplayzer with tweaked Team Tactics, Team Mentality and Match Intensity (by miketheslummy).

So I guess that makes me an overly sensitive pussy. But I can take that from Clint. But only him :SMOKIN:

Thank you for making yourself available, but I wouldn't know how that would affect your savegames... Maybe @papinho81 can shed some light on this? :))

In any case, I still have to play the final test matches myself, so don't worry about it for now :))

Played some test matches, against teams with different preset tactics. Liked what I saw.

One thing, though: because of the higher Buildup Speed, I decided to lower the Sprint and Acceleration sliders. There are some very jerky jogging animations if the Sprint slider is lower than 50, but oh well, this is EA we're talking about here -- you win some, you lose some.

Tomorrow I'm gonna play some other test matches to see if those sliders need some more tweaking. After that, it's release time -- and of Version 1.0, I'd say, so Beta no more, ahah :D

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's still nothing official: just that this version is gonna have all the foundations it needs so we can start working on the more detailed, finishing touches (yes, that includes Career, I haven't forgotten ;)))

They are just weak. I would say they miss 60-70% of their penalties now which is unrealistic. I checked and it's under "mentality" setting. Just a global increase like 20 or even 30 units will probably suffice. Even then they're going to miss some but then it's probably in realistic levels.

Gameplay testing version 2019-03-20

As always thanks to andersfss, AndreaPirlo21, bangus, Chris Davies, El Pajaro, fideco, Fidel Gameplay, fifaCCitiu.com, Krebstar, Madmac79, Matt10, miketheslummy, papinho81, paulv2k4, pedrito79, regularcat, Supernova, plus all the rest I surely forgot :))

• cl.ini:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom