FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Player models way better
I disagree with that...As much shit as Frostbite may brought to the game,one thing that it made better is the graphics and player models.They look more like humans now,still not great cause Fifa always had an issue with that,but better than it was.Ignite player models look even more ragdollish and most of them look too bulky with wide shoulders like they're hitting the gym everyday for 3 hours lol.
I remember it was much worse in Fifa 15 where everyone looked like a wrestler.It improved for 16 but i still think that today's Fifa player models are much more modern designed and look more realistic compared to 4-5 years ago.

fired fifa 16 yesterday. oh boy what a refreshment. this game always remind me how good football game can be! btw @Ciais can you post the sliders you use mate? they are not available at the post. also is there any way to get this working with latest squads from 2020? thanks :)

My friend, look closer -- they ARE available in the post, I'm not gonna post them again since it would be redundant :)

Btw, I made it so it's compatible with any mod, but I don't play FIFA 16 anymore so I wouldn't know about any I'm afraid :(

My friend, look closer -- they ARE available in the post, I'm not gonna post them again since it would be redundant :)

Btw, I made it so it's compatible with any mod, but I don't play FIFA 16 anymore so I wouldn't know about any I'm afraid :(
yes there is link but when I open it it gives me error and point to google sheets. I can`t see them :(

Weird

Here:

Suggested: Legendary, 20 Minutes, Slow
Sprint4544
Acceleration4848
Shot Error5050
Pass Error6268
Shot Speed5050
Pass Speed4040
Injury Freq7575
Injury Severity3535
GK Ability2020
Marking6060
Run Freq.2020
Height00
Length5050
Width4040
Fullbacks2525
Power Bar50-
First Touch4555

Weird

Here:

Suggested: Legendary, 20 Minutes, Slow
Sprint4544
Acceleration4848
Shot Error5050
Pass Error6268
Shot Speed5050
Pass Speed4040
Injury Freq7575
Injury Severity3535
GK Ability2020
Marking6060
Run Freq.2020
Height00
Length5050
Width4040
Fullbacks2525
Power Bar50-
First Touch4555
thanks a ton!!!! :D

I ve been forced to go back to the retail game, using the 1.01 exe shared by @Ciais and it is still a good game but it doesn't come close to the extended demo.
Main differences for me are the players weight and pace (heavier and slower in the demo) and the player positioning. In the full game players and particularly midfielders projects too quickly forward. The CDMs (ie Busquets) when in possession want to play as strikers which really almost never happen with the demo. Also I feel like defence are tougher and more aggressive in the demo. snif

*Without gp mods or sliders set.

Last edited:
My footy parenthesis outside of this game (mostly 20 and a bit of 19) is over and was globally quite a huge disappointment.
When I play this game, I immediately feel in my footy game home.
I have spent more time with the 1.01 and I can't thank you enough @Ciais !
I am eating my early words, this exe also provide a fantastic footy experience. Certainly different from the demo, but still very well rounded and providing a believable simulation of the sport I love. The CPU plays sensibly differently from the demo which put me outside of my routine. The CPU attacking approach is less one dimensional than in the demo. Also the defense are harder to break as they are committing a bit less on the ball carrier. I feel like the tempo is actually slower than with the demo. It almost feels like I am playing a brand new FIFA16.
Of course it is not without its own issues. With default sliders the CPU passing completion rate is way too high and the passing game of low rated teams is way too clinical. But if you can live with that, the game has so much of football. Physical battle with contact and fouls. Believable ball and collision physics. A lot of indecisive 50/50 balls battles throughout the pitch. A very good level of players individuality. You have to think when attacking and defending because there is an actual proper and good AI involved together with good intelligent players positioning.

Considering all the fantastic mods that exist on PC and the ones to come, such as classic teams one, I can see me playing this for another two years without problem.

Last edited:
My footy parenthesis outside of this game (mostly 20 and a bit of 19) is over and was globally quite a huge disappointment.
I am eating my early words, this exe also provide a fantastic footy experience. Certainly different from the demo, but still very well rounded and providing a believable simulation of the sport I love. The CPU plays sensibly differently from the demo which put me outside of my routine. The CPU attacking approach is less one dimensional than in the demo. Also the defense are harder to break as they are committing a bit less on the ball carrier. I feel like the tempo is actually slower than with the demo. It almost feels like I am playing a brand new FIFA16.
Of course it is not without its own issues. With default sliders the CPU passing completion rate is way too high and the passing game of low rated teams is way too clinical. But if you can live with that, the game has so much of football. Physical battle with contact and fouls. Believable ball and collision physics. A lot of indecisive 50/50 balls battles throughout the pitch. A very good level of players individuality. You have to think when attacking and defending because there is an actual proper and good AI involved together with good intelligent players positioning.

Considering all the fantastic mods that exist on PC and the ones to come, such as classic teams one, I can see me playing this for another two years without problem.
Agreed 100%. Keep going back to 16 and 17. Would actually pay for anybody to update 17 to the current season or the last one at least. Anyways, I've been playing the RTWC mod for FIFA 16, problem is the calendar has not been done correctly and we have games every 3 days. That combined with Ciais's changes to players stamina means my players are exhausted at the start of every game. Is there anything I could do to change this without messing up Ciais gameplay? Thanks.

Hey man :)

Ok, so, IIRC, I had to increase stamina recovery values inside cmsettings.ini because of lowered Stamina

By reading what I wrote back then, it looks like I made it so after 3 days players are 75%+ fitness ready

What you could do, is increase those values even more until you are confortable (for a start, you could divide them by 75 and then multiply them by 100, and see what happens)

Hope I was of help! :)

Pap, what setup are you going with in terms of sliders, etc?

Pap, what setup are you going with in terms of sliders, etc?

So far I only played with default sliders, legendary, slow, 15mins half, tactical defending and full manual controls.
But I am having hard time. I will likely add my cl.ini from the demo that nerf a bit the CPU attack and is supposed to eliminate the adaptive difficulty.

I ve installed the last fip and while transferring graphics such as faces to it, I play a FA cup challenge. Picking a team at random and trying to go as far as possible. Didn't go through the first round yet lol, but I have not been lucky with my pick. Morecambe, Plymouth and my best one was Hull which felt like a fantastic team compared with the others two.

I think it is actually harder than the demo version, mostly because the cpu defense is better.

Last edited:
Hi,

does anyone have experience with getting the DualShock 4 right stick to work with FIFA 16 on PC

I’ve changed the OEM name in the edit string and followed the video that changes values in the OEM, used steam with no luck.

Thanks
How did you get on with this, I'm having the same issues with my DS4 not mapping correctly with the game too

Hey man :)

Ok, so, IIRC, I had to increase stamina recovery values inside cmsettings.ini because of lowered Stamina

By reading what I wrote back then, it looks like I made it so after 3 days players are 75%+ fitness ready

What you could do, is increase those values even more until you are confortable (for a start, you could divide them by 75 and then multiply them by 100, and see what happens)

Hope I was of help! :)
Thank you my friend, I will try that. Cheers!!

How did you get on with this, I'm having the same issues with my DS4 not mapping correctly with the game too

I use the DS4 on fifa 16, sometimes it gets a little funky, but mostly just use DS4windows tool, in settings check the "hide controller". also make sure origin and steam are closed before opening it. Ill check what other things I do. Just make sure when you turn on DS4 tool there are no warning signs and just says "profile is using controller"

Of course it is not without its own issues. With default sliders the CPU passing completion rate is way too high and the passing game of low rated teams is way too clinical.

This is an issue with sliders, but you can lower pass speed (not really accuracy or else they can cross iirc) to something like 35-40 without breaking their ability to attack. try it out

@papinho81 & @el niche Thanks gents, that seemed to do the trick. Origin's FIFA seems to be the only things that's temperamental with DS4 🙄

Anyway, I'm using the bloody amazing FIFA Moddingway patch 28.0.3 - In the selector i was curious what the following two things did exactly and what people's experiences with them we're?

What is the Matrix database and what does it change? And what are peoples thoughts on the Supernova gameplay?

@papinho81 & @el niche Thanks gents, that seemed to do the trick. Origin's FIFA seems to be the only things that's temperamental with DS4 🙄

Anyway, I'm using the bloody amazing FIFA Moddingway patch 28.0.3 - In the selector i was curious what the following two things did exactly and what people's experiences with them we're?

What is the Matrix database and what does it change? And what are peoples thoughts on the Supernova gameplay?

I think the matrix database is a gameplayzed db, meaning that attributes have been edited to try improving the gameplay experience. It can be problematic for a CM, as the db don't apply to youth players and regen. Also player growth might brake the matrix balance. I never tried Supernova gameplay, but I believe it was included in moddingway because it was considered as the best gameplay mod.

@el niche , pass speed at 40 for the cpu and user works really well. It is closer to the passing speed of the demo. It doesn't feel slow at all.

I think the matrix database is a gameplayzed db, meaning that attributes have been edited to try improving the gameplay experience. It can be problematic for a CM, as the db don't apply to youth players and regen. Also player growth might brake the matrix balance. I never tried Supernova gameplay, but I believe it was included in moddingway because it was considered as the best gameplay mod.

@el niche , pass speed at 40 for the cpu and user works really well. It is closer to the passing speed of the demo. It doesn't feel slow at all.
Thanks. I'll experiment with both anyway and see how it all feels. I'm gonna try it alongside @Ciais sliders above too.

One other question, I remember doing it on FIFA 13, But is there a way to globally assign tight shirts to all players in the game? I'm not a fan of the default buggy strips and feel the tighter shirts make all the models look a bit better.

Thanks. I'll experiment with both anyway and see how it all feels. I'm gonna try it alongside @Ciais sliders above too.

One other question, I remember doing it on FIFA 13, But is there a way to globally assign tight shirts to all players in the game? I'm not a fan of the default buggy strips and feel the tighter shirts make all the models look a bit better.

I am only playing with the ini file and even then it plays amazing. 4 years latwr this game srill amazes me with some things

I am only playing with the ini file and even then it plays amazing. 4 years latwr this game srill amazes me with some things
I had a very quick go on vanilla last night & after hammering PES the last few months it's very refreshing. So fluid, responsive & satisfying in the hands. There's lot of amazing little details and animations & the keepers really do appear lifelike with some of their work.

And of course the little aesthetic touches like the crossbar shaking & the net rippling when you hit the woodwork.

I had a very quick go on vanilla last night & after hammering PES the last few months it's very refreshing. So fluid, responsive & satisfying in the hands. There's lot of amazing little details and animations & the keepers really do appear lifelike with some of their work.

And of course the little aesthetic touches like the crossbar shaking & the net rippling when you hit the woodwork.

Vanilla updated (1.08?) or with an early exe?

Yeah I presume it was the latest? Because its a fresh install off of Origin & Origin updated before I started the game, I didn't check though.

I recommend you to quickly replace it with the 1.01 shared by @Ciais . You can get it from here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3364974
The last couple of patches have really diluted the original experience.

Just copy paste the exe and the ddl and turn origin off line before launching the game and you should be good to go.

I recommend you to quickly replace it with the 1.01 shared by @Ciais . You can get it from here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3364974
The last couple of patches have really diluted the original experience.

Just copy paste the exe and the ddl and turn origin off line before launching the game and you should be good to go.
Oh nice, I didn't realise, So this wouldn't affect the MW patch that I'm using would it if I overwrite this exe?

Back
Top Bottom