FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Even with my change, matches at home are so difficult than away. Bad team's CPU just sits back when they are away from home. I guess that's realistic. But their goalkeeper becomes prime Casillas.

Even with my change, matches at home are so difficult than away. Bad team's CPU just sits back when they are away from home. I guess that's realistic. But their goalkeeper becomes prime Casillas.

In my experience with cm, the very first month or so and the month after transfer windows are the tougher. It might be down to morale boost.

Have you tried @manmachine suggestion?

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I gave Ciais a shot and what can I say?its def. the best gameplay - mod out there imo ofc.
Now I tried to make this work for cm - so I worked a bit on the values and wages and I think I'm on the right path but it seems that I need some help to finish that.
If there is someone ,who has the knowledge to set this right,then maybe he could help with that.
I'll upload the whole folder,so anyone can work on that.

Link to the folder - >https://fil.email/ij94P3ZY

Thanks guys

Check this video with Ciais mods + v1.0 and tell me that there's another football game that plays this realistically. No way! A lot of fouls, even.

Most animations are executed way too quicker than they should and this makes it look unnatural.
I mean,look at these passes.The player's foot hardly even moves when he passes.It happens in a milisecond.
They butcher the animations to make it hyper responsive.
There's hardly any inertia or weight on players when they move or change directions.
Also ugly and dated player models.The eternal EA's ragdoll problem.
All these are big issues to be able to call it super duper realistic.
I enjoyed this game at the time when it released for 1-2 years but for today's standards i find it a bit overrated and for me PES 20 looks and feels much more realistic than this.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this game at the time when it released for 1-2 years but for today's standards i find it a bit overrated and for me PES 20 looks and feels much more realistic than this.

You mean "eFootball 20", right? Because stupid e-sports are "today's standards". Yes it's got better weight and ball physics. The two things they have going for it for the past X years. And probably by accident, considering that the rest 95% of what makes a game is total trash, including the AI, tactics, zero variety etc.

Also, wrong thread. But saying eFootball is better than this, is just .... ridiculous, in every level.

Last edited:
You mean "eFootball 20", right? Because stupid e-sports are "today's standards". Yes it's got better weight and ball physics. The two things they have going for it for the past X years. And probably by accident, considering that the rest 95% of what makes a game is total trash, including the AI, tactics, zero variety etc.

Also, wrong thread. But saying eFootball is better than this, is just .... ridiculous, in every level.
Lol very democratic this.So whoever thinks something different from you and has another opinion,he's ridiculous..in every level..
I'm not gonna stretch it much further because yeah..this is not the correct thread.But i only replied because the above post said ''check this video and tell me there's another football game blah blah...''

Also for me there are many other things that are as much important as the AI for a game to be considered good and realistic.
Things like realistic flow and pace,physics,animations,weight,passing,are fundamental to me for a football game.Something that some AI fetishists here don't seem to understand for some reason.When you play the game you interact with the ball and movement for almost the whole game.Ball and player physics and movement are super important as that's what you see and feel the whole time.So how that's supposed to be something insignificant like only 5% of the game?

And we don't have to act like Fifa has any flawless AI either.We've seen how trash it is in Fifa 20,i have bought the game also,and even in 16 it's very one dimentional as people even here admit and has it's issues.
Also i'm playing online 90% of the time so ML AI problems etc don't affect me.
And about tactics and variety,if you'll see two good opponents playing against each other,you'll see if it matters or not..
And finally,making fun of PES' name and e-sports when you talk about Fifa..is a bit ironic i would say..Like yeah,Fifa is not online oriented,not at all..

Also i'm playing online 90% of the time so ML AI problems etc don't affect me.

Right, that's all we need to know. Stop trolling in an old game thread now. That's like me popping by the pes 6 thread telling everybody how much better fifa 20 looks and that there are more important things than gameplay and AI. It is pure trolling. People play old games for things like the gameplay and AI, things that don't affect you as an online player.

Last edited:

I completely agree with you that PES20 looks more realistic graphic-wise, in fact I think PES20 with the right mods is one of the most beautiful soccer games. Also I agree that it "feels" realistic, as the movements are more natural than some of the more jerky ones in FIFA16. However, gameplay wise I think you missed the point of how a 5 year old game still has better AI than the current PES20. Don't get me wrong you have valid points which you stated above, but I think most of the discussion here is arguing about playing vs the AI in career mode (which I think is still more realistic than in PES).

I didn't play PES20 online, but what put me off playing offline was: scripting, lack of fouls, freekicks, penalties (do they even exist?), shooting and headers, midfield buildup, positioning, league 2 teams playing like Barca, end to end football, to name a few...

Maybe this doesn't exist in online, but we're trying to compare apples to apples... It doesn't mean FIFA16 is perfect... far from it (PES does some things better indeed). I'd rather take a more jerky fun gameplay than an end to end PES20. Some people feel THAT is more realistic and fun...

I don't think people who enjoy '16 are AI fetishists who don't understand soccer or anything like that.... just different opinions. Good for you enjoying PES20 , as '21 will probably be similar.

The modern PES games don't even have fouls. Usually 1-2 fouls per game. Real football games have 20-40 fouls per game. How can you call it "realistic" when that very important aspect has been left out completely?

Right, that's all we need to know. Stop trolling in an old game thread now. That's like me popping by the pes 6 thread telling everybody how much better fifa 20 looks and that there are more important things than gameplay and AI. It is pure trolling. People play old games for things like the gameplay and AI, things that don't affect you as an online player.
Yeah that's right..just isolate one sentence from my whole post and try being a smartass about it without even answering anything else..
Also if you've read my post you would know why i replied here.It wasn't my intention to be trolling or anything.I've got better things to do.

And i don't want to be passed for some Fifa 16 hater or anything.As i said i played and i enjoyed this game for two whole years when it released on pc with the great moddingway mod etc and because back then PES was an inferior shitty last gen pc port.

All i said is that for the year 2020 this game lacks many important things to be considered super realistic.I won't mention them again,we all know them.
If i only cared about AI i would be playing FM..
When i play a football game where i actually control the players and the ball then it's very important how these things look,feel and behave.
Also,gameplay and AI don't affect you as an online player..??Lol that's a good one..You're not much of an online player aren't you..

Everyone can have his own views and opinions.Stick to yours and let others have and express their own without calling them names because they're different from yours next time..

The modern PES games don't even have fouls. Usually 1-2 fouls per game. Real football games have 20-40 fouls per game. How can you call it "realistic" when that very important aspect has been left out completely?
If you want to be fair in what you're saying then you should say that nor the modern PES games nor the modern Fifa games have enough fouls.
Why you're leaving modern Fifa out of that sentence?
I have Fifa 20 and it's even worse in that aspect.
Also you can't realisticaly expect from a football videogame to see 20-40 fouls per game.
First of all real life games are 90+ minutes long.So what are we comparing here??
If i play a 15 minute game on PES and i see 4-6 fouls,which is the case in most cases,then it's fair enough for me if you consider the analogy with a 90 minutes game.

Yeah that's right..just isolate one sentence from my whole post and try being a smartass about it without even answering anything else..
Everyone can have his own views and opinions.Stick to yours and let others have and express their own without calling them names because they're different from yours next time

1. I never called you a name, but you just did.

2. I'll stick to my opinion thank you very much. Fifa 20 and PES 20 are 100% garbage. You seem to not be ok with this opinion, I wonder why.

Enjoy your favourite game, thank you very much. Now please move on and educate the readers of the fifa 14 or the pes 14 appreciation thread about their awful taste in football games and how times have moved on and graphics and stuff. It's obvious that you are only interested in defending you favourite game and spreading the gospel, so there is no intelligent conversation to be had.

Last edited:
1. I never called you a name, but you just did.

2. I'll stick to my opinion thank you very much. Fifa 20 and PES 20 are 100% garbage. You seem to not be ok with this opinion, I wonder why.

Enjoy your favourite game, thank you very much. Now please move on and educate the readers of the fifa 14 or the pes 14 appreciation thread about their awful taste in football games.
Cmon now..being a smartass is not that bad isn't it?Ace Ventura is one and he's cool.
You wrote ''saying that is just ridiculous..in every way..''assuming that i'm the one who's ridiculous because i said it.
So fair enough.I guess we're even.Peace brother lol.

And no i won't do that because i think that Fifa 14 and especially PES 14 are very good for their time.As is Fifa 16..for it's time.

The only reason I'm not playing more FIFA 16 is because there aren't any recent, fleshed-out patches for it. I saw Ariel talk about potentially updating the MW patch, so here's hoping. Even the vanilla gameplay is extremely entertaining and it's a shame that EA tossed the Ignite Engine into the dumpster. I was curious to see what the mainstream opinion on FIFA 16 was and I suppose it comes as no surprise that it's rather divisive. A lot of people appreciated it, others, not so much...

Small sample size:

FUT has ruined everything.

A big reason casuals hated 16 was because the assisted passing had more error in one touch passing and especially passing at unrealistic angles relative to your body position

I'm not offended by the word smartass. But you saying that I call you names in your next sentence was just... ridiculous.
Ok.
Now go ahead and edit your previous post once more to make your point.
3 times in 3 minutes was not enough lol.

If you want to be fair in what you're saying then you should say that nor the modern PES games nor the modern Fifa games have enough fouls.
Why you're leaving modern Fifa out of that sentence?
I have Fifa 20 and it's even worse in that aspect.
Also you can't realisticaly expect from a football videogame to see 20-40 fouls per game.
First of all real life games are 90+ minutes long.So what are we comparing here??
If i play a 15 minute game on PES and i see 4-6 fouls,which is the case in most cases,then it's fair enough for me if you consider the analogy with a 90 minutes game.

Should we limit the goals, free kicks and throws the same way too? Like when the real game lasts 90 minutes all stats should be in relation to that?

And I'm not saying that matches should have 20-40 fouls. PES5 had about 10 fouls per game (average) and with Cias' FIFA 16 settings we have about the same. A lot of fouls and free kicks. I think they're ESSENTIAL part of a football "simulation". Games without fouls is like having a hockey "simulation" without penalties. Just utterly STUPID.

LKgf853.jpg

Yes, unmodded FIFAs don't have fouls, either. They're all just arcade games to me without this aspect. Check out my WC2018 tournament (link in my signature). The fouls in Cias' mod are constant and you get about two good free kick opportunities per game. I find it very enjoyable compared to new PES.

Last edited:
Should we limit the goals, free kicks and throws the same way too? Like when the real game lasts 90 minutes all stats should be in relation to that?

And I'm not saying that matches should have 20-40 fouls. PES5 had about 10 fouls per game (average) and with Cias' FIFA 16 settings we have about the same. A lot of fouls and free kicks. I think they're ESSENTIAL part of a football "simulation". Games without fouls is like having a hockey "simulation" without penalties. Just utterly STUPID.

LKgf853.jpg

Yes, unmodded FIFAs don't have fouls, either. They're all just arcade games to me without this aspect. Check out my WC2018 tournament (link in my signature). The fouls in Cias' mod are constant and you get about two good free kick opportunities per game. I find it very enjoyable compared to new PES.
Mate we should all understand that these are just videogames and we can't expect them to be 100% representative of real life football,for many reasons.This will never happen.Most people wouldn't even play them if they were so hardcore oriented towards simulation.They would be considered too hard,not fun enough and boring.And companies know that.

Like you say,if they limit the goals,free kicks and throw ins the same way,then every match will end 0-0 with no opportunities whatsoever and nothing going on in the match just because it's a 10-15 minute game.
They are supposed to represent or ''simulate'' a football game in a much shorter time and still having enough action happening in this short time otherwise the vast majority won't enjoy it.They can only afford to make it sim to a point,but it's destined to also have unrealistic and arcadey elements.This was always the case even with retro football games and it will always be like that.

Look at what happened with PES 20 demo.It had many fouls in,almost too many i would say because some were just too soft to be given a foul,and the vast majority of players bitched about it and disliked it,so Konami nerfed them for the full version.But they're still in to some degree.
If i play a 15 minute game,most of the times i will see 4 to 6 fouls.Sometimes even more if it's a derby match etc.It could be better but it's ok enough for me.
The bigger issue are the penalties offline which are almost non existent.But as i said i mostly play online so there the fouls and penalties are more common.

I agree with you though that fouls are a big part of the sport and they should be in satisfying numbers,not forgetting the analogy though that this is a videogame of a virtual 10-15 minute match.
Imagine if a 15 minute game had about 15 fouls.There would be constant interruptions literally every minute!Even fans of real football would say what the fuck if this happened in a real match.This is kinda what was happening with PES 20 demo and almost everyone trashed it for that.

Last edited:
True, it can't recreate the real thing because of the half length BUT its fact also that Fifa and PES are more and more oriented for kids, teens or casuals that want full online arcade action. They also know they have an older fanbase that expect something with more depth and closer to the simulation then the actual skill fest.

At the end they try to content everybody but just end up frustrating everybody.... Why don't they just create a double gameplay, with a switch on the loading screen? Choose Arcade or Sim. I mean it must not be that hard for pro devs to do this, Fidel, Cais and other did it as hobbie moders. And it would increase the sales also.

Is it possible to slow down FIFA 16? I find the animations way too fast (even on "slow") - if I could just slow them down 10%... (Without editing attributes, because then you get youth prospects who are all faster than the standard players...)

Is it possible to slow down FIFA 16? I find the animations way too fast (even on "slow") - if I could just slow them down 10%... (Without editing attributes, because then you get youth prospects who are all faster than the standard players...)

Look at this:

1593101281327.jpeg

I didn't try it yet, I ve just searched for walk in the exe and see what comes around. So may be....

There is also the "finer" sliders aka Customization variables!

1593102077953.jpeg

Last edited:
Mate we should all understand that these are just videogames and we can't expect them to be 100% representative of real life football,for many reasons.This will never happen.Most people wouldn't even play them if they were so hardcore oriented towards simulation.They would be considered too hard,not fun enough and boring.And companies know that.

Like you say,if they limit the goals,free kicks and throw ins the same way,then every match will end 0-0 with no opportunities whatsoever and nothing going on in the match just because it's a 10-15 minute game.
They are supposed to represent or ''simulate'' a football game in a much shorter time and still having enough action happening in this short time otherwise the vast majority won't enjoy it.They can only afford to make it sim to a point,but it's destined to also have unrealistic and arcadey elements.This was always the case even with retro football games and it will always be like that.

Look at what happened with PES 20 demo.It had many fouls in,almost too many i would say because some were just too soft to be given a foul,and the vast majority of players bitched about it and disliked it,so Konami nerfed them for the full version.But they're still in to some degree.
If i play a 15 minute game,most of the times i will see 4 to 6 fouls.Sometimes even more if it's a derby match etc.It could be better but it's ok enough for me.
The bigger issue are the penalties offline which are almost non existent.But as i said i mostly play online so there the fouls and penalties are more common.

I agree with you though that fouls are a big part of the sport and they should be in satisfying numbers,not forgetting the analogy though that this is a videogame of a virtual 10-15 minute match.
Imagine if a 15 minute game had about 15 fouls.There would be constant interruptions literally every minute!Even fans of real football would say what the fuck if this happened in a real match.This is kinda what was happening with PES 20 demo and almost everyone trashed it for that.

But there are ZERO excuses not to include a slider for "foul frequency" or "referee strictness". ZERO.

All decent sports games have this: NHL, NBA, NFL... why don't the soccer games have this slider? That is 100% braindead.

I ve just been beaten 5-0 by Zenith in the 5th fixture of the cl and I conceded 3 penalties (one was from the gk handball bug, happened last time a year ago). 20 didn't do any good to my 16 defending skills. You rush, you get punished.
Hahaha I’ve just started playing 16 and I’ve had the same experience, I get destroyed when defending. I definitely see what all the fuss is about with this game though, it’s great!

In the last week or so I've gone down the rabbit hole that is this thread! After reading so much positivity and having never played FIFA 16 I went ahead and bought the game and got it all modded up (thanks to everyone for making it so easy still!) I actually cannot believe how good this game is! As so many have said, it feels and plays like real football. I hope more people find this thread and get into it..

Back
Top Bottom