FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

In the last week or so I've gone down the rabbit hole that is this thread! After reading so much positivity and having never played FIFA 16 I went ahead and bought the game and got it all modded up (thanks to everyone for making it so easy still!) I actually cannot believe how good this game is! As so many have said, it feels and plays like real football. I hope more people find this thread and get into it..

Yes it is. It's the best without a doubt.

Use the 1.0 version and Ciais mods and you get like 10 fouls per game (average).

Which mods and sliders do you recommend, control settings as well ( manual, semi or automatic), the current version is 1.7 or 1.07,how to downgrade on origin

Which mods and sliders do you recommend, control settings as well ( manual, semi or automatic), the current version is 1.7 or 1.07,how to downgrade on origin
I am looking for some recommendations too, I had the modding way patch, but that only seems to go to 16-17 season, however they do have new faces. I downloaded a more recent mod that has the latest kits and players, but it has none of the faces. Bruno Fernandes is Bald and its a strange sight.

Im just find what to play.
Played little bit pes 2020 and its nice and fun. Mods are fantastic. But lack of teams and leagues are minus.

But overall FIFA 16 is definetly best game today. I mean gameplay (even default) with sliders, stadiums, leagues and teams options and possibilities, mods and easy editing are making this game best atm.

Anyone know how to fix young players age being over 58? I started a career mode with Utd and Mason Greenwood was 58 and retiring at the end of the season. Apparently this happens when a players date of birth is younger than 2000.

Is there any patch or option file with FIFA 20 stats for this? Even if theres only big teams updated, its enough for me

Last edited:
I don't know why I keep trying to find another game. I just came back to this after trying @El Pajaro suggestion a few posts backs. I was having fun with 1.07 but 1.01 is different game. Hard to create chances. Fun game. Uninstalled fifa 20 for now.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.
I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the mandatory Origin upgrade that's being pushed today (it just sent me offline and told me that a major update would be required by tomorrow).
If so, I might aswell get screwed too (I'm also playing with the "unlocked" demo).

Edit: FIFA 16 demo is still there for me.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.
I hope it has nothing to do with the mandatory Origin upgrade that's being pushed today (it just sent me offline and told me that a major update would be required by tomorrow).
If so, I might aswell get screwed too (I'm also playing with the "unlocked" demo).
Same here but it "happened" before I took the update so probably just a coincidence.
Time to move on or to try the 1.01 exe

Last edited:
My extended demo journey is over.

Man that's a shame. I gave my friend his account back time ago so I had to stop play it time ago, but it really was great.

However I still think regular Fifa 16 with the right settings it's an amazing experience as well :) .

Hi,

does anyone have experience with getting the DualShock 4 right stick to work with FIFA 16 on PC

I’ve changed the OEM name in the edit string and followed the video that changes values in the OEM, used steam with no luck.

Thanks

Just found my old ps4 fifa 6 demo in my purchased library, no idea it was still there. Will be interested to see how it plays...

Finally got round to it.. wow.

Ball feels so good. Love the sound of kicking it. Players feel more sturdy, everything feels more grounded.

Quick question: I have no old fifa 16 save files. Are patches still available? If not, will I have to play with unpatched?
How close is unpatched to the demo?

I remember fifa 16 as the first ever fifa that truly got my blood flowing. Think I may be buying it...

Thanks

Finally got round to it.. wow.

Ball feels so good. Love the sound of kicking it. Players feel more sturdy, everything feels more grounded.

Quick question: I have no old fifa 16 save files. Are patches still available? If not, will I have to play with unpatched?
How close is unpatched to the demo?

I remember fifa 16 as the first ever fifa that truly got my blood flowing. Think I may be buying it...

Thanks

It seems the demo is the best version, I played it 5 years ago, but now Im playing version 1.01 on my PC. It still plays great. Probably no patches on PS4, but if you get the PC version which should run on a potato then you can get the 19/20 patch and get version close to demo.

It seems the demo is the best version, I played it 5 years ago, but now Im playing version 1.01 on my PC. It still plays great. Probably no patches on PS4, but if you get the PC version which should run on a potato then you can get the 19/20 patch and get version close to demo.

Thanks mate. Sorry I meant are the EA servers still going for fifa 16?
I'm happy to play the out of the box game if its the best anyway (I imagine EA patches made the game less and less like the demo each time?)

My extended demo journey is over.

Oh, I'll have to check mine. Did you run the extended demo from the full game "fifa16" directory or the "fifa16_demo" one?
Installing the demo in the default fifa16_demo directory and then "extending" is what I believe I've done, origin thinks it's the demo and there are no updates for the demo so it doesn't even bother me with updating it. And you can still redownload the demo of any fifa game you own on origin. I even tried the fifa 13 demo recently!

Thanks mate. Sorry I meant are the EA servers still going for fifa 16?
I'm happy to play the out of the box game if its the best anyway (I imagine EA patches made the game less and less like the demo each time?)

Don't obsess too much over it because it's a good game no matter the version. The main thing is that the demo plays great with default sliders but for the full game you may have to lower pass speed to something like 45 and accel to 49 to get closer to the demo feel. So the demo is a bit slower (and some people say cdms play their position better) but the full version is by no means a bad game. It's not like they introduced "1v1s" in 16 at some point. 😆

Last edited:
Oh, I'll have to check mine. Did you run the extended demo from the full game "fifa16" directory or the "fifa16_demo" one?
Installing the demo in the default fifa16_demo directory and then "extending" is what I believe I've done, origin thinks it's the demo and there are no updates for the demo so it doesn't even bother me with updating it. And you can still redownload the demo of any fifa game you own on origin. I even tried the fifa 13 demo recently!

Don't obsess too much over it because it's a good game no matter the version. The main thing is that the demo plays great with default sliders but for the full game you may have to lower pass speed to something like 45 and accel to 49 to get closer to the demo feel. So the demo is a bit slower (and some people say cdms play their position better) but the full version is by no means a bad game. It's not like they introduced "1v1s" in 16 at some point. 😆

Haha! Great, thanks. I was just worried EA had done something weird with the out of the box version like make the ball size 3, which they did with some of the games...

Really is remarkable how much fifa 16 has that fifa 20 doesnt, and I'm one of those people who really like fifa 20.

The ball physics seem more varied, on shots and lofted through balls, strafe dribbling is better, the player-ball relationship is better, theres less sliding and skating, it's much harder (professional on demo is harder than fifa 20 world class), defensive AI miles better.

Also, the game is a little quicker but it's more considered. Its calmer. The ball travels more calmly between players so you get the proper sense of pause between passes. Player models way better, pitches better I think, too.

And, my bugbear with fifa for all time, I think the teammate AI in attack might even be better...theres more a sense that your team is moving in attack as a cohesive, organic whole, rather than separate parts that intermittently click in and out of action. That was a genuine surprise after fifa 20 which will allow some greater attacking moves but too often has players standing around, deactivated.

I do remember fifa 16 being the first fifa that gave that sense of grit, that pes 5 feeling of muscle and aggression. Cant remember why I stopped playing it actually, but it wasnt getting bored of the game, I remember that much.
Looking forward to picking it up for 50p (yes, 50p!!!) from cex.

And, my bugbear with fifa for all time, I think the teammate AI in attack might even be better...theres more a sense that your team is moving in attack as a cohesive, organic whole, rather than separate parts that intermittently click in and out of action. That was a genuine surprise after fifa 20 which will allow some greater attacking moves but too often has players standing around, deactivated.

The biggest difference is that the whole match feels organic and has its own kind of story arc, it's not all just a blur. More recent games are a bit like "I attack now, then it's your turn, let's see who scores more goals".

Games like 20 are built to be played in the final 3rd, and that's it. In 16 you (and the cpu) might have trouble going forward from the back and there's a midfield, you don't just pass it forward with your brain shut. So it can be possession based with nothing happening (but still enjoyable to play) and suddenly turning into an exciting end to end affair, either because of a mistake/good piece of defending in the right space or because one of the teams is commiting more men forward trying to win! Not because positioning/tactics & defending are a mess by design.

And the fact that the cpu will do all it can to win, including wasting time by the corner flag and parking the bus adds a lot to the game, and it's something that's missing since.

Last edited:
The biggest difference is that the whole match feels organic and has its own kind of story arc, it's not all just a blur. More recent games are a bit like "I attack now, then it's your turn, let's see who scores more goals".

Games like 20 are built to be played in the final 3rd, and that's it. In 16 you (and the cpu) might have trouble going forward from the back and there's a midfield, you don't just pass it forward with your brain shut. So it can be possession based with nothing happening (but still enjoyable to play) and suddenly turning into an exciting end to end affair, either because of a mistake/good piece of defending in the right space or because one of the teams is commiting more men forward trying to win! Not because positioning/tactics & defending are a mess by design.

And the fact that the cpu will do all it can to win, including wasting time by the corner flag and parking the bus adds a lot to the game, and it's something that's missing since.

I didnt realise how conditioned I'd become by fifa 20 and pes 20 going back to this demo. I kept trying to just launch attacks, still trying to play proper football, but nevertheless expecting to get into the final third automatically. Spent an entire match as man city against barca without a shot on goal and my monchengladbach vs Dortmund game never left midfield. I do remember now how in fifa 16, youd often have to wait until the end of the match for open spaces.

And it seems like with 16, it's not just the novelty of a different game. It genuinely is a good game with depth.

And god I love the ball physics. Not as free as 20 but they feel like playing with a proper modern football

If i remember well ( i have read it long time ago), an EA dev or executive said that they felt they were gone too far in the pace abuse and arcadish gameplay in Fifa15, so that they decided to make a game more realistic and wanted to go back to the roots of football in fifa16. So the base was good in the first palce and with the mods it became the closesest to a real sim imo (for a fifa game).

Haha! Great, thanks. I was just worried EA had done something weird with the out of the box version like make the ball size 3, which they did with some of the games...

Really is remarkable how much fifa 16 has that fifa 20 doesnt, and I'm one of those people who really like fifa 20.

The ball physics seem more varied, on shots and lofted through balls, strafe dribbling is better, the player-ball relationship is better, theres less sliding and skating, it's much harder (professional on demo is harder than fifa 20 world class), defensive AI miles better.

Also, the game is a little quicker but it's more considered. Its calmer. The ball travels more calmly between players so you get the proper sense of pause between passes. Player models way better, pitches better I think, too.

I do remember fifa 16 being the first fifa that gave that sense of grit, that pes 5 feeling of muscle and aggression. Cant remember why I stopped playing it actually, but it wasnt getting bored of the game, I remember that much.
Looking forward to picking it up for 50p (yes, 50p!!!) from cex.
I'll tell you from my recent experience.
I purchased FIFA16 last May (2020). Servers seem to work up until fifa15 which is on PS store.
So after purchase and while waiting for the whole data to download, I played the friendly match, the only available action we can do, until game downloads and updates 100%. IIRC it was Real VS Barca.
I assume this game is a vanilla data, something like 1.00 version. The gameplay was awesome and smooth as butter, nice ball physics, nice AI, nice pace.
After the game downloaded 100% and I launched again to the full-patched version, it was still good, but did not felt as balanced as the pre-installed friendly match gameplay.
It felt rough and edgy and the pace was sped up a lot. Also the collision physics seem dumped down to the final version and faster, while in vanilla version were more simple and smooth, but more analytical.
It seems that EA, even from that year, used to listed to the feedback that hurts the gameplay.

For me if you have a disk version and it can work like pes vanilla workaround, go for it.
Final version is good too, but vanilla is much better for offline slow sim experience.

I'll tell you from my recent experience.
I purchased FIFA16 last May (2020). Servers seem to work up until fifa15 which is on PS store.
So after purchase and while waiting for the whole data to download, I played the friendly match, the only available action we can do, until game downloads and updates 100%. IIRC it was Real VS Barca.
I assume this game is a vanilla data, something like 1.00 version. The gameplay was awesome and smooth as butter, nice ball physics, nice AI, nice pace.
After the game downloaded 100% and I launched again to the full-patched version, it was still good, but did not felt as balanced as the pre-installed friendly match gameplay.
It felt rough and edgy and the pace was sped up a lot. Also the collision physics seem dumped down to the final version and faster, while in vanilla version were more simple and smooth, but more analytical.
It seems that EA, even from that year, used to listed to the feedback that hurts the gameplay.

For me if you have a disk version and it can work like pes vanilla workaround, go for it.
Final version is good too, but vanilla is much better for offline slow sim experience.

That is excellent, thanks so much for the tip. I dont play online or even care about squads so will keep it at 1.00 for sure.

Back
Top Bottom