FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Yes I have managed to extract them with cgfs very straightforwardly. Have you tried to use the function extract selected?
Hmmm I'd never used CGFS until today so I must be doing something wrong. I'll redownload it. I keep getting an error when I used Extract Selected..

Played some Fifa 16 as well lately. Moddingway patch of course.

Started a career with Napoli, enjoyed it to some extent but it didn't really clicked. Then started another one with Liverpool, more to experiment things than else, and had instead some proper fun: bought a couple of the real guys (Fabinho, Naby Keita, Minamino, Alisson) and jumped right into it. Matches and results felt very plausible for this first two months, maybe the best I've ever had in this regard in Fifa 16; I'm actually sixth, with 4 victories-4 draws-1 loss, just one point from the fourth place. I'm using what I think is Matt's old CL (but with some modifications of mine) and his sliders, also a bit modified. Sometimes I have some rare episode here and there where the CPU mess a bit with defensive lines but more it's more than bearable and it doesn't disrupt the flaw. Had a lot of very close battles indeed!

Belgium and Wales also offered me to guide their national teams. Will probably pick Belgium and try again, after the last unlucky time, to win the Euros.

I made a small highlight of goals (both mine and CPU)/animations/scrambles/random moments I liked (of course I'm always Liverpool or Napoli):

I'd like to underline in particular Kane's goal at 0:43 and Genoa's Bertolacci (I think) volley against me from very far at 1:17.

I've finally put together the first episode of my Euro 2016 pilgrimage via this amazing game. I've been dying to a series with FIFA 16 for a long time so I'm pretty pleased to say the least. I want to say thanks to everyone in this wonderful thread for their help and guidance and throwing a few missing files my way too, Especially...

@Anth James for your missing faces and the tips on the turf
@Chuny for your broadcast camera mod
@El Pajaro, @Ciais & @Matt10 for your gameplay suggestions, observations, mods and sliders - What an operation and effort to get to this point!
@papinho81 Without your ground-breaking stadium server and you holding my hand through the installation I wouldn't have even bothered with EURO 2016, Doing the tournament justice in it's official venues wouldn't be possible without you, Oh and for your subtle LUT setting too for the GeForce Shader

FIFA 16 is still an amazing game in it's vanilla state out of the box but with the labour & meticulous modding involved that takes you back to the late nights of editing PES, You can turn the game into one of the greatest footballing sims of all time. It's nice to not get ridiculously high score lines too like I have on other games, Makes thrashings feel significant, It makes tightly won games feel truly earned.

Also it's the first video I made in 4K so if you have the means to, I'd be interested in Feedback if it actually improves the footage in your opinions.

It's time for UEFA Euro 2016, Hosted by France - Courtesy of the incredible FIFA 16!

just been having a look to buy fifa 16 and pes 16, all 50 quid plus on amazon and ebay, wtf , why are they so much

just been having a look to buy fifa 16 and pes 16, all 50 quid plus on amazon and ebay, wtf , why are they so much
I don't know about fifa, but I've found many sealed pes 2016 euro 2012 special disc version, at ebay.uk from 10,00 British Sterling (correct).
Fifa 16 I can find only itn, in my country stores in reasonable price. It just gets more rare as time passes.

I assume about Amazon, as I have seen many old things being offered in their prime price, that anyone has the right to evaluate his product in whatever price he thinks.
Also most sellers, in think they are pro or semi pro merchants, so it is their talent to sell products in a good profit for them.

While I am talented in the exact opposite, sell something in 10% of its initial value and then buy it back in 90% of its initial value.

Last edited:
I've finally put together the first episode of my Euro 2016 pilgrimage via this amazing game. I've been dying to a series with FIFA 16 for a long time so I'm pretty pleased to say the least. I want to say thanks to everyone in this wonderful thread for their help and guidance and throwing a few missing files my way too, Especially...

@El Pajaro, @Ciais & @Matt10 for your gameplay suggestions, observations, mods and sliders - What an operation and effort to get to this point!
@papinho81 Without your ground-breaking stadium server and you holding my hand through the installation I wouldn't have even bothered with EURO 2016, Doing the tournament justice in it's official venues wouldn't be possible without you, Oh and for your subtle LUT setting too for the GeForce Shader

FIFA 16 is still an amazing game in it's vanilla state out of the box but with the labour & meticulous modding involved that takes you back to the late nights of editing PES, You can turn the game into one of the greatest footballing sims of all time. It's nice to not get ridiculously high score lines too like I have on other games, Makes thrashings feel significant, It makes tightly won games feel truly earned.

Also it's the first video I made in 4K so if you have the means to, I'd be interested in Feedback if it actually improves the footage in your opinions.

It's time for UEFA Euro 2016, Hosted by France - Courtesy of the incredible FIFA 16!

Which broadcast camera mod are you using?

It is always good to watch your content mate. Keep it going. But the problem is after watch your broadcasts, I don't enjoy play alone. I also wanna create something :)

It is always good to watch your content mate. Keep it going. But the problem is after watch your broadcasts, I don't enjoy play alone. I also wanna create something :)
Thank you man, That means a lot. Well that's kind of how it all came about, I use to amuse myself in private by commentating on my own matches while I was playing alone and one day just felt confident enough to record it and upload it!

So yeah, Just make your own fun when you're playing or come with an idea and try to make content around it!
After all this time i still see new things in Fifa 16. How cool was this subtile header animation! And then the ball bounces on the defender's arm and goes casualy in, kind of randomness that happens often in the real game.
Yeah this game constantly surprises me, I keep repeating myself but this game has the best inverse kinetics i've seen in a football game. The player models always organically react to the position of the ball and the animations are improvised depending on the situation.

You never see a canned animation forced into a situation where it doesn't make sense just because there's nothing else in the games animation bank to fit the context instead.

Which difficulty did you end up settling in. Seemed pro was a no go in '16. I experimented in'17-18 with more success,but wish I could have that in 16

What a great video! You could include a link to this forum in the video description... and to the gameplay settings thread. It could attract more people to gameplay-modded FIFA 16 from those arcade football games.

Mané face update (amongst others) from 21 already converted to 16 on soccergaming.com. I haven’t even bothered turning on fifa (or PES) 21 in weeks.
God damn, How can anyone look at this and say it doesn't look good or looks "outdated". I prefer the look of this game to FIFA 21 as the latter looks like they've gone in a more stylised cartoon direction. FIFA 16, Much like it's gameplay at least follows the realism principle with it's visuals too.
Which difficulty did you end up settling in. Seemed pro was a no go in '16. I experimented in'17-18 with more success,but wish I could have that in 16
I went with Legendary. The CL tweaks, DB Edits as well as the sliders seemed to balance everything out a lot better. The nerfing still exists no matter what but it's nowhere near as severe or as boneheaded as it is on vanilla.
What a great video! You could include a link to this forum in the video description... and to the gameplay settings thread. It could attract more people to gameplay-modded FIFA 16 from those arcade football games.
That's a good shout actually, I'll do that!

God damn, How can anyone look at this and say it doesn't look good or looks "outdated". I prefer the look of this game to FIFA 21 as the latter looks like they've gone in a more stylised cartoon direction. FIFA 16, Much like it's gameplay at least follows the realism principle with it's visuals too.
Nope, FIFA 16 looked way more like a cartoon than FIFA 17-21.

Completely agree man, especially on the cartoon aspect. The colour scheme is pretty odd also in FIFA 21.

@majuh I don't agree, I think when 16 is done right it looks (and plays) much more realistic. Each to his own though.

I just hit this with Pogba. Keeper should have probably done better but he'd just come out to punch a cross and was still a little off his line when the shot came in. I love how you just don't know on this game, it's so organic.

Lovely screenshots @Anth James. At this point i'm very tempted to update my FIFA 16 to current season once i've completed my Euro oddessy, While I think PES 2021 is the best looking football game in terms of models and aesthetics, Under the right circumstances FIFA 16 can come pretty close. Especially once they started rendering player heads and the community's custom ones started to maintain the same same standard things started to look a lot more acceptable. The generic faces on 16 are very jarring and immersion breaking though but it's a big undertaking to replace them all.

Is there a way of replacing the referee faces with real ones out of curiosity?

Back
Top Bottom