FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

After being fed up with PES again this year, I've come back to FIFA 16, the last great FIFA and one of the best footy games since PES5/6. Looking forward to enjoying playing again as it seems so long since I haven't got as frustrated as crap.
Good choice. I've been far less frustrated since I stopped trying to make the latest titles work. FIFA 16 is the title I'm keeping up to date with kits, faces, etc and I'm also happy playing some of the older PES titles as well. It's quite staggering just how much better these games replicate the sport than newer versions.

Good choice. I've been far less frustrated since I stopped trying to make the latest titles work. FIFA 16 is the title I'm keeping up to date with kits, faces, etc and I'm also happy playing some of the older PES titles as well. It's quite staggering just how much better these games replicate the sport than newer versions.
It's because newer games aren't even trying to replicate a sport that is known as football, but are trying to create new "sport" that is esport....

It's because newer games aren't even trying to replicate a sport that is known as football, but are trying to create new "sport" that is esport....
Yeah. These micro-transactions are killing pretty much all sports titles, not just the footy ones. Played FIFA16 on the XboxOne last night a bit (after spending about 2 hours updating transfers for the Premiership) and the game was so much more enjoyable than anything I've played since. Smooth, little to no cheating by the AI, aggression by the AI and the graphics are just as good as the modern titles. It'll take a lot to shift me from FIFA16 for a while especially given the first titles on next-gen machines tend to suck in the first year or so until they get a grasp of the hardware.

After being fed up with PES again this year, I've come back to FIFA 16, the last great FIFA and one of the best footy games since PES5/6. Looking forward to enjoying playing again as it seems so long since I haven't got as frustrated as crap.

You hit the nail on the head with that.

I'd go a bit further and say that PES5/WE9 and FIFA16 are the ONLY half-decent football games. PES6 already had some major screw ups.

Why they are so good?

There's not just one thing that you can point out and say "Ah that game has so good passing... or shooting... or goalies... or anything".

They are the only games that actually FEEL a bit like football... they have GENUINE ATMOSPHERE. You can't describe it any better.

Couldn't find a good balance in my CL.ini.. in one I have a WONDERFUL all around feel on the field, with very good behaviour of the cpu, both offensively and in the midfield.. but some line I just couldn't isolate seems to make the defense (both mine and IA) act incapable of holding a reliable line, and in the long run it's quite frankly annoying. In another CL I have a perfect defense (maybe even a bit too much), and a CPU that is unfortuntely monodimensional, just crossing the ball over and over, forgetting how to dribble, cut in and so on.

So, in front of the impossibility to find a good mix I just said fuck it, deleted the cl.ini and I've found out the game already plays very good as 1.01 vanilla with Matt's sliders + my minimum variations. CPU defends competently and plays a varied football forward/in the build up.. exactly what I wanted from the principle. Maybe there are some tiny less fouls, but I can't complain as I'm still having a good, and contextual chunk. Felt very good, for example, to win my last match against West Ham where an Hammer's defender brought down Mane in the last minutes at the edge of the box, only to have Matip score with an header in the sequent free kick. Was also nice to see them park the bus for all the 2nd half only to have them desperately, and vainly press me after my goal.

Another thing is that scripting is quite harsh in vanilla, but for now it's still on acceptable levels so I'll probably carry on without fixes. Curious to end this season and play WC with Belgium with this settings.

p.s. also said fuck it to build real Liverpool.. sold Firmino and brought in Zyech and De Paul. Converted Salah in a false 9, doesn't look bad.

Advice from Bangus at Soccergaming that changed the game for me: to make the defence more consistant you can play with the line sliders (height, length, width) the lower the value, the tighter the defence will be. You can try it with your "offensive cpu" CL see if it balances the whole. I usually play with these values for the cpu: Height 30 Length 20 Width 10 Marking 65. Its pretty dense and crowdy in the center of the last third of the field and hard to breack through, having to be patient with possesion and using the wings to attract the defenders away from the middle.

Advice from Bangus at Soccergaming that changed the game for me: to make the defence more consistant you can play with the line sliders (height, length, width) the lower the value, the tighter the defence will be. You can try it with your "offensive cpu" CL see if it balances the whole. I usually play with these values for the cpu: Height 30 Length 20 Width 10 Marking 65. Its pretty dense and crowdy in the center of the last third of the field and hard to breack through, having to be patient with possesion and using the wings to attract the defenders away from the middle.

Thanks man but I suspect it isn't really a sliders problem. I started re-playing Fifa 16 with something ridiculous like 0 height (sliders for the old global editing stats) and defenders were simply all over the place in the line the same, or just couldn't keep with my wingers running on the side, walking backwards like they had some massive unawareness.

Maybe I'll try again after completing this season!

Hello guys. I am trying to find on the net but I can't, any 20/21 patch for fifa 16?

Not yet, hopefully soon. Waiting for them more anxiously than any other game released in the last months.

Another thing is that scripting is quite harsh in vanilla, but for now it's still on acceptable levels so I'll probably carry on without fixes. Curious to end this season and play WC with Belgium with this settings.

I took a break from '16 but yesterday had a game and I am starting to get hooked again. I keep jumping between difficulties... I always fall in the same dilemma and I forget what I used to play with. I played WC, but find the AI sometimes frustrating and more robotic than Legendary. Legendary they take more chances so they make more errors but at the same time some lower teams play too "perfect". WC the AI always ends up with much more possession and I feel they do more tikitaka

I personally stick with Professional and Legendary. Professional against a much worse team than mine. Legendary against a close team or a better team than mine.

Ok Since FIFA 21 sucks..

What mods are the best mods to download to play FIFA 16?
Rather than going through loads of different posts.

I also don't know if the guy who started the thread is still active.
However @gabe.paul.logan is.

So since he is the owner of the 2nd post on this FIFA thread, maybe he can update the 2nd post with the best mods available so that there is always a good download section at the very front of this thread.

If not I will update post 17.. As that is my first post in the thread with all the latest details.

Ok Since FIFA 21 sucks..

This should be pinned in the OP

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-201#post-3384561

And if you are asking for graphic mods so far there is a moddingway patch with wc18 or fifa infinity with 19/20

And check out @Anth James lighting mod a few pages back post #6726 or somewhere around there in October.

For additional kits soccergaming website

Ok Since FIFA 21 sucks..

I also don't know if the guy who started the thread is still active.
However @gabe.paul.logan is.

So since he is the owner of the 2nd post on this FIFA thread, maybe he can update the 2nd post with the best mods available so that there is always a good download section at the very front of this thread.

If not I will update post 17.. As that is my first post in the thread with all the latest details.

I have to delete my account i guess.

But if someone collects them in a PM ill update the 2nd post.

Hello guys, I found today a patch that contains all the additions with the season 2020/2021 update
PATCH FIFA 16 2020/21 17GB
1-FIFA 16 game without any patches
2-Unpack the patch inside the game
( The size of the patch after decompressing is 160 GB )
3-Download the tool Creation Master 16 v.2.0
4- Put the Origin on the Offline mode
5-Enter the game via Server16

Last edited:
Hello guys, I found today a patch that contains all the additions with the season 2020/2021 update
PATCH FIFA 16 2020/21 17GB
1-FIFA 16 game without any patches
2-Unpack the patch inside the game
( The size of the patch after decompressing is 160 GB )
3-Download the tool Creation Master 16 v.2.0
4- Put the Origin on the Offline mode
5-Enter the game via Server16

160GB???????????????? Yikes

Just another very small example of how much variety there is to the CPU on this game. Playing the newer titles you get so used to seeing the same patterns of play over and over again. I've never seen this pass or shot from the CPU before, and what a save as well.

looks like real life

Out of curiosity does the FIP patch include everything like player faces and kits? Or do you have to download them separately?

Kits are included of course.
Faces not because game crash for many people. DB have to be edited to avoid crash.

But there is script so you can add faces and edit db in couple seconds. And problem is that there is no huge face pack.

After @giuzioevo created a nice, natural looking post-goal celebration camera (post here - https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-new-camera-packs.78793/post-3631351) he gave me an idea to create a more realistic penalty cam.

The file below includes @giuzioevo post-goal cam and the new penalty cam which I just made. It’ll now look like this when taking a penalty.

New penalty camera - https://mega.nz/file/cdViyTYT#WFp7PuNY_FVd57FTqbjz-Ldtrtc9nweSB4Q4uBAu74U

To install place file in data\bcdata\muse
5F62995C-A592-4E54-B2CF-A65FD8B39E35.jpeg

Last edited:
After @giuzioevo created a nice, natural looking post-goal celebration camera (post here - https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-new-camera-packs.78793/post-3631351) he gave me an idea to create a more realistic penalty cam.

The file below includes @giuzioevo post-goal cam and the new penalty cam which I just made. It’ll now look like this when taking a penalty.

New penalty camera - https://mega.nz/file/wANQQL5b#qthQWIHLeV0J1stMWVA2htjsab8TrDVbllQbuIU5AXE

View attachment 72482
Fantastic mate! Can you post a video to see how does it look?

New penalty camera - https://mega.nz/file/wMVVkazJ#ww30D4XvM8lFvY0N5f1GZCc43smfCCOiHinSyLTGSkE

View attachment 72482
Nice work, I could've done with something like this earlier haha, I hate the default penalty cameras. I wish the devs would just give us multiple camera options rather than the basic "gamey" ones that the average player is happy playing on.

Do we have to regen to use these or can i just drop these into my folder and play if i'm using a patch like MW?

Back
Top Bottom