FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@Nisoley You can see just after the penalty, I think @giuzioevo just wanted to eliminate the shake and camera following the scorer. It stays on the goal now and looks more natural.

@MafiaMurderBag you can just drop it in I'm fairly sure. If you want to just add the penalty cam to your existing camera settings just add the following lines to the packages\gameplay_setpiece\packages_setpiece_penaltykick.xml in your musedata-match.big

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<import>
<ProcessGraph.ProcessGraph>
<property name="name" type="string" value="package_gameplay_camera" />
<property name="DisplayCategory" type="string" value="gameplay" />
<property name="priority" type="int" value="0" />
<property name="sequenceflagtype" type="string" value="PERSISTENT" />
<property name="numinstancesrequired" type="int" value="4" />
<ProcessGraph.SerialNode>
<property name="Behavior" type="int" value="1" />
<FIFAPresentationNodes.CameraNode>
<EvalCoordsCollection />
<CameraSetCollection />
<FIFAExpressionProperty>
<property name="PropertyName" type="string" value="cameraViewContext" />
<ExpressionTree.Variable>
<property name="int" type="int" value="-1" />
<property name="enumType" type="string" value="CameraViewContext" />
<property name="enumValue" type="string" value="Gameplay" />
</ExpressionTree.Variable>
</FIFAExpressionProperty>
<CameraTargetCollection>
<CameraTarget>
<FIFAExpressionProperty>
<property name="PropertyName" type="string" value="targetType" />
<property name="int" type="int" value="-1" />
<property name="enumType" type="string" value="ObjectTypes" />
<property name="enumValue" type="string" value="ActiveBall" />
<FIFAExpressionProperty>
<property name="PropertyName" type="string" value="targetId" />
<property name="int" type="int" value="0" />
<FIFAExpressionProperty>
<property name="PropertyName" type="string" value="targetComponent" />
<property name="int" type="int" value="0" />
<property name="enumType" type="string" value="ObjectComponents" />
<property name="enumValue" type="string" value="BallCenter" />
</CameraTarget>
</CameraTargetCollection>
<CameraCollection>
<CameraInstance>
<property name="cameraName" type="string" value="Broadcast Main" />
<property name="cameraBehavior" type="string" value="gameplaybehavior" />
<property name="cameraEvaluators" type="int" value="0" />
<property name="leadingEnabled" type="bool" value="True" />
<property name="cameraFramingOption" type="int" value="0" />
<property name="blendLength" type="float" value="10" />
<property name="blendCurve" type="int" value="4" />
<property name="blendPolicy" type="int" value="1" />
<property name="targetHeightOffset" type="float" value="20" />
<property name="zoomInitialValue" type="float" value="0.87" />
<ZoomModifierCollection>
<ZoomModifier>
<property name="zoomFinalValue" type="float" value="0.87" />
</ZoomModifier>
</ZoomModifierCollection>
<FocalDistModifierCollection />
</CameraInstance>
</CameraCollection>
<property name="transitionType" type="int" value="1" />
<property name="transitionSpeed" type="float" value="1" />
<ChildrenList />
<property name="name" type="string" value="Penalty Kick Camera" />
<property name="duration" type="float" value="65535" />
</FIFAPresentationNodes.CameraNode>
<property name="name" type="string" value="" />
<property name="duration" type="float" value="65535" />
</ProcessGraph.SerialNode>
<property name="actionvariablesdefname" type="string" value="FIFA_Setpiece" />
</ProcessGraph.ProcessGraph>

Last edited:
This my take on early version of the game (worth what it worth).

The v1.01 @Ciais shared is the most difficult version of 16 I have played. CPU defense are really good (I am also talking about poor team defense here). They rarely commit when they should not, they are extremely well organized. Your attackers run have to be very short or they are put quickly offside. Defenders are also catching quick attackers more quickly (a bit of catch up). On the other side the user attack is nerfed. It is really hard (at least on manual controls) to send a good cross in the box (most of the time I am over hitting mines). Teammates, when they do run, are doing very small almost useless runs. I feel I have to press R1 to ask them to do the runs. Long play is really not a good option with that version. I feel I am forced to play a more possession based approach to create decent chances. The CPU is also really sharp in attack (bad teams too). Mistakes are often punished immediately. Overall cpu players are not really prone to mistakes (even low rated players.). Animation wise you can quite often see sped up animations that looks a bit awkword.

The v1.00 is easier but in my opinion the difficulty is better balanced. The CPU is more human, making defensive mistakes (some time doing the bad DDA thing which rarely happens on 1.01), bad players are more often doing bad controls, making bad choices ect. On the human side, you can really make nice passing moves because teamtes are doing runs more often, and in general more intelligent runs. It is really fun to create dynamic move, or sending a long ball and actually having a chance to create something out of it. I feel it is often easier to control the game against a lower side, you can feel you have an advantage. Dribbling is more rewarding because catch up is less present than in the 1.01. Crossing is a good balanced alternative.
This version is in my opinion very close from the demo if not identical. Animations doesn't suffer as much of speeding up I mentioned above.

Both version of course suffer from the 16 main syndrome, which is a too high passing succes of the cpu. But I believe the way pass stats are counted is a bit misslieading, as on 1.00, when pressed, the CPU will send the ball in the crow more often than not and it has no impact on passing stats.

When I though the best (for me) I could play was v1.01, I felt like playing something else than footy games, but with 1.00 I am happy again.

PS: All this is based on default sliders and no gameplay mods
How do I know which version I have? My .exe is 1.0.0.0, but even with updates installed it still shows 1.0.0.0

It is just amazing how much more inertia and momentum FIFA16 has. And noticeable less skating!! :)
The AI is more to my liking as well.

I already had like 50 hours in this game and added like 8 in 2 days. With OS sliders on slow it plays so well!!
The refs, collision system and header are better too. I like the set pieces much more due to no crosshair!!
The manual controls are more precise and less/non assisted. :TU:

Like the back of the disc box says: play beautiful! :)

Edit: and it’s more about patience when building an attack. Creative passing work towards the final hit near the pen area. Same with defending, wich rewards you when you think football. Exactly what I’m looking for.

Edit2: here is the very first match I played. Please excuse some limited attack play as I wasn’t aware of some control options.
For example, using L2 in the appropriate situation to shield of opponents is a nice feature (real life feature meets fun made gameplay aspect in combination with good control)! Gimme more of that combo please!

...and those green pitches! :WOOT: Had to set down pitch wear to light because I couldn’t see that beautiful piece turf getting destroyed so much! :LOL:

Edit3: hey, @hitmanuk you might wanna have a look as the passive AI mates in 21 got on my nerves as well. :)

Edit4: i turned off live form feature now, transferred some players to Bayern and tried to make up for the 5 years when correcting some player stats. Wish I could import an OF. ;)

Last edited:
what are the best sliders to use please? gonna have a play around while waiting for that infinity patch

Edit4: i turned off live form feature now, transferred some players to Bayern and tried to make up for the 5 years when correcting some player stats. Wish I could import an OF. ;)

Which version is this? Have you applied title updates?
If you have disc version, do not update the game.

This sliders are for 1.07 version, hoverver I recommend playing the very firsr version (1.0). There is a big difference.
Yes. That’s what I did. Updated to the latest, 1.07!
so vanilla is much better?! I’m not shy trying this! :D

thing is, I need slider values... maybe old sets are available. Maybe it’s not even needed but I doubt that, atm!

What is the huge difference to the latest version anyway?!

Last edited:

thing is, I need slider values... maybe old sets are available. Maybe it’s not even needed but I doubt that, atm!
Careful, back up your save first. Going back to v1 might make your save corrupt, either immediately or over time.

Careful, back up your save first. Going back to v1 might make your save corrupt, either immediately or over time.
Thanks for the advice. I always save my settings via usb, don’t want to loose my edits. other than that, there is nothing worse saving, atm.
might go a bit Cold War first... but will play 16 later tonight.

HOLY MOLY....

even the trailer isn’t all about hokus pokus and the usual shenanigans!
What a trailer!! :APPLAUD:

Just saw this ingame and can’t stop watching. Class music choice, class scenes selected, just play football. Play beautiful.

What is the huge difference to the latest version anyway?!
"The v1.00 is easier but in my opinion the difficulty is better balanced. The CPU is more human, making defensive mistakes (some time doing the bad DDA thing which rarely happens on 1.01), bad players are more often doing bad controls, making bad choices etc. On the human side, you can really make nice passing moves because teammates are doing runs more often, and in general more intelligent runs. It is really fun to create dynamic move, or sending a long ball and actually having a chance to create something out of it. I feel it is often easier to control the game against a lower side, you can feel you have an advantage. Dribbling is more rewarding because catch up is less present than in the 1.01. Crossing is a good balanced alternative.
This version is in my opinion very close from the demo if not identical. Animations doesn't suffer as much of speeding up I mentioned above. " -
papinho81

"The v1.00 is easier but in my opinion the difficulty is better balanced. The CPU is more human, making defensive mistakes (some time doing the bad DDA thing which rarely happens on 1.01), bad players are more often doing bad controls, making bad choices etc. On the human side, you can really make nice passing moves because teammates are doing runs more often, and in general more intelligent runs. It is really fun to create dynamic move, or sending a long ball and actually having a chance to create something out of it. I feel it is often easier to control the game against a lower side, you can feel you have an advantage. Dribbling is more rewarding because catch up is less present than in the 1.01. Crossing is a good balanced alternative.
This version is in my opinion very close from the demo if not identical. Animations doesn't suffer as much of speeding up I mentioned above. " -
papinho81
Thanks pal.

Currently reinstalling without 1.07 update.
Did you change any slider or just play the base vanilla? What game speed and what difficulty?

Here are my sliders (after some time of testing different variations).
WC, slow, assisted.
Sprint 51/51
Acceleration 49/49
Shot Error 52/52
Pass Error 55/55
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 44/44
Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/50
Height 55/55
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 50/50
First Touch 55/70

Here are my sliders (after some time of testing different variations).
WC, slow, assisted.
Sprint 51/51
Acceleration 49/49
Shot Error 52/52
Pass Error 55/55
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 44/44
Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/50
Height 55/55
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 50/50
First Touch 55/70
I’ll give it a try and report back.

edit: I am even more amazed now. :SHOCK:
Not only is the pass and shot speed reduced so it’s much much more lifelike, but the opponent AI is also not that hectic and unnaturally chaotic and speedy. (This sadly became a signature thing in FIFA. Super fast and comical passing in all kind of situations when it fits the AI needs. Plus those loopy lobs in 21.) the vanilla feels even more solid in that regard. AI seems more “thinking”!
Shots on target look so much better now. evenrything is more weighty and well measured.
And it doesn’t only look good, it feels good at the sticks too. What I see is really translated into the gameplay here. This is most notable to me when I do high crosses now. With full manual before it was really not that precise and felt assisted. Now it’s much better measured so I can have more variance in how long my high crosses are. It takes longer to fill up the power bar as well. This really suits me as a full manual player. Amazing!
and the before mentioned human mistakes by the opponent AI are so naturally integrated it really is a joy.

This is one of the best version of FIFA I’ve ever played. Really really nice. I’d like to know more. :D I wonder why I put this down back then.
sometimes it wasn’t even feeling like a FIFA title or let’s say, only the good stuff is in. It’s crazy.

can it be that the refs and cards work better as well? Also, the easy short corner goals where the keeper deflects it in (seen in 1.07) seemed non existent.

how could they not have been working on this as a base? It’s all there. 5 years ago. Reminds me of some other title from 2016.

Last edited:
Late last night and this morning it clicked.
Playing broadcast cam on custom 0, 0, I’m not thinking pitch related anymore when passing and shooting but player related. And now dribbling, passing and shooting became more of a joy. :)

The jostling system is great and in combination with the variance possible in standing tackles, it’s a joy as well. So much stuff that i can do and it feels so good doing it manually. Use the jostling appropriate and you’ll be rewarded free kicks and beautiful stumbling and fighting animations.

I forget to mention that the human mistakes and scrapes from my players and me myself at the sticks are also well integrated, just as the programmer who created it had a sense for real life football.

I know what I’ll do till Christmas! :LOL:

Last edited:
I'd go a bit further and say that PES5/WE9 and FIFA16 are the ONLY half-decent football games.

Doing my semi-regualar swoop into this thread and I can't let this slide when PES3/WE7/WE7I exist.

Game of opinions and there's no right or wrong and all that but I draw a line! 😆

HOLY MOLY....

even the trailer isn’t all about hokus pokus and the usual shenanigans!
What a trailer!! :APPLAUD:

Just saw this ingame and can’t stop watching. Class music choice, class scenes selected, just play football. Play beautiful.

Bittersweet. Wonderful trailer, sad indictment of the game's direction since.

started a new career with Fulham and before the first match of the season my main striker gets injured in training. I already forgot whats wrong with him but he’s out for 4 month. 😩 Great I said...^^ let’s see it as another challenge! ^^

the first match was against Charlton Athl.! Enjoy!

Btw: i have a new friend now. Scott Parker! :D

started a new career with Fulham and before the first match of the season my main striker gets injured in training. I already forgot whats wrong with him but he’s out for 4 month. 😩 Great I said...^^ let’s see it as another challenge! ^^

This vanilla version looks much smoother. "Unfortunatelly" i got the digital version, so i went forced to final/updated version. But as i was waiting the full game to download, i played the pre-canned exhibition Real vs Barca that comes with the first 4 GBs, which i assume is a demo-vanilla version gameplay and was smooth as butter.
On the other hand the final game, has the same FIFA16 positive spirit, but is more rough and edgy , gameplay wise. And much faster/rushed as a package.

This vanilla version looks much smoother. "Unfortunatelly" i got the digital version, so i went forced to final/updated version. But as i was waiting the full game to download, i played the pre-canned exhibition Real vs Barca that comes with the first 4 GBs, which i assume is a demo-vanilla version gameplay and was smooth as butter.
On the other hand the final game, has the same FIFA16 positive spirit, but is more rough and edgy , gameplay wise. And much faster/rushed as a package.
It really is! So glad i got advised playing the vanilla. More gameplay footage is coming... :)
future footage I’ll be posting in the video thread!!

If it helps the disc version cost 60 pence in the UK so maybe pick up the disc wherever you're based.
I'd say the 1.00 version is streets ahead of the 1.07. Almost a different game because it has a tempo and rhythm that's not there in 1.07.

Looks good on PS5!
What a goal from S. Parker!
Keep videos coming.

About tactics, what do you recommend? Should I go with the basic ones like possession play or counterattack? Or should I tweak the individual tactics to my liking for every team? Especially the position play option! I’m a beginner in fifa tactics!!
what about the quick tactics during the match?

edit: the “new“ lines of commentary are a welcome change for me. :) gameplay wise there is a lot to learn. Currently exploring “super cancel”!
edit2: I get so many penalties and cards, it’s lovely. :) not too many, feels right so far. I want to save them all on video but you know that stuff better than me. ;)
Still I’m waiting for the first ref decision that is totally wrong.
It’s really a lot of little things done right that make the whole picture. For example not every foul scene has a replay, some weight to the ball, collision animations, momentum and inertia animations when passing and shooting, worthwhile AI, sliding tackle being useful in different ways, late decisions and advantage rule by the ref, that “screensaver“ feature showing me stadiums, kickoff for the guest team at my home turf or those scraped attempts. Oh those lovely mistakes!

Last edited:
Are you freaking kidding me? :LOL: “Hey there everybody, wishing you the happiest of Christmas days, we’ve got some football for you...”

what a lovely Christmas surprise for me this morning when I loaded Leicester vs. Villa. :D

🎄 you guys, have some wonderful days! Merry Christmas! 🎁🎄

question: do different refs have different strictness levels?

Last edited:
Are you freaking kidding me? :LOL: “Hey there everybody, wishing you the happiest of Christmas days, we’ve got some football for you...”

what a lovely Christmas surprise for me this morning when I loaded Leicester vs. Villa. :D

🎄 you guys, have some wonderful days! Merry Christmas! 🎁🎄

question: do different refs have different strictness levels?

Happy Christmas to you too.

Yes they do. Three levels of strictness for fouls calling and three for carding.

Back
Top Bottom