FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

More complicated indeed but not THAT complicate. It is mostly a bunch of copy paste.

Edit: Are you kidding me? I sent you the instructions about 6 months ago!
Oh wow, You're right! My apologies my minds been a blur the last few months 😂😂

I'll skim through the messages & have a go tonight with it all now I'm less distracted, Appreciate it man.

So i've gotten everything back up and running including 1.01 & MW mod working perfectly, Only problem is i cannot get stadium server to work?

I'm using CG Server 16 and i assign the custom stadium on the match up screen and it doesn't seem to be working, Just loads the default ingame stadiums. Any idea where i could be going wrong?

So i've gotten everything back up and running including 1.01 & MW mod working perfectly, Only problem is i cannot get stadium server to work?

I'm using CG Server 16 and i assign the custom stadium on the match up screen and it doesn't seem to be working, Just loads the default ingame stadiums. Any idea where i could be going wrong?

To my knowledge the 1.01 and before are not compatible with cgfs, because the offsets for the memory addresses are different (empty ids displayed by cgfs).

However you can use my stadium server which is unfortunately strictly a stadium server and take some time to install. I am happy to help you in the process if you want.

An advantage of my server is that you can keep your stadiums into a zip compressed folder outside your game folder and it will read them from there. If you plan on adding a lot of stadium you will save disk space.

To my knowledge the 1.01 and before are not compatible with cgfs, because the offsets for the memory addresses are different (empty ids displayed by cgfs).

However you can use my stadium server which is unfortunately strictly a stadium server and take some time to install. I am happy to help you in the process if you want.

An advantage of my server is that you can keep your stadiums into a zip compressed folder outside your game folder and it will read them from there. If you plan on adding a lot of stadium you will save disk space.
That sounds good my man, Yes please!

I'd love to do this too if possible!

That sounds good my man, Yes please!
You can already have look to the thread in the edit section. They are video tutorials there.
I am preparing a small update because one of the library used by the tool has been removed from the R depositary. Also R has updated to 4.0 and my tool only works with 3.6.x and before. It can be easily be found in the R archive though.

Would anyone know which value I need to adjust to slow down the 'swing' in broadcast camera. I'd love to be able create a slower transition/a little lag (especially when shooting, I don’t like that sudden jolt). I've got musedata-match.big file open in the tool @papinho81 included in his camera pack. I'm in this file - packages\gameplay\package_gameplay_camera.xml . I'm just not sure of the values..

Last edited:
I know this is a pc thread nowadays,but I tried my Swansea save (5 seasons in) on console last night.
On console,this game hasn't aged well,the only thing good are the CPU toughness in Def and free kicks,the rest is pretty bad.
CPU passes super fast (CPU pass speed at 15) and the pace of the game is pretty frantic

Also,the way the CPU passes,without adjusting body positioning is still plaguing us on FIFA 20.
To be honest I see FIFA evolving (except some things) pretty nicely from this to 20.
Still take both 17+18 over this game anyday.
I know you pc disagree,but on console,pretty bad!

I know this is a pc thread nowadays,but I tried my Swansea save (5 seasons in) on console last night.
On console,this game hasn't aged well,the only thing good are the CPU toughness in Def and free kicks,the rest is pretty bad.
CPU passes super fast (CPU pass speed at 15) and the pace of the game is pretty frantic

Also,the way the CPU passes,without adjusting body positioning is still plaguing us on FIFA 20.
To be honest I see FIFA evolving (except some things) pretty nicely from this to 20.
Still take both 17+18 over this game anyday.
I know you pc disagree,but on console,pretty bad!

Do you own the disk? If yes, try to play the vanilla. You will get a much better gameplay and Brazilian teams are licensed.

Do you own the disk? If yes, try to play the vanilla. You will get a much better gameplay and Brazilian teams are licensed.
Cool,nope digital!
Got it when I bought my first XB 1.
Don't get me wrong ,I really enjoyed it back then,might fix the speed issue by lowering sprint/acceleration/pass speed.

Reactions: rlc
Cool,nope digital!
Got it when I bought my first XB 1.
Don't get me wrong ,I really enjoyed it back then,might fix the speed issue by lowering sprint/acceleration/pass speed.
My vote for what @papinho81 said.
I bought recently digital ver.too for ps4.

The "demo" match I played while it was downloading the rest data, which I assume is vanilla gameplay, was smooth as butter.
When all data downloaded and it was the final version, it became sharper and faster.

I still like it along with fifa17, but I would prefer to be able to play the 1.00 version.

I am still get hammered 0-3 in CM on Word Class, but I know I am obviously playing it wrong (no pun intented). I honestly mean I know that I am playing it wrong, no metaphor here.

Last edited:
My vote for what @papinho81 said.
I bought recently digital ver.too for ps4.

The "demo" match I played while it was downloading the rest data, which I assume is vanilla gameplay, was smooth as butter.
When all data downloaded and it was the final version, it became sharper and faster.

I still like it along with fifa17, but I would prefer to be able to play the 1.00 version.

I am still get hammered 0-3 in CM on Word Class, but I know I am obviously playing it wrong (no pun intented). I honestly mean I know that I am playing it wrong, no metaphor here.
Saw that I'm playing on LEG difficulty,perhaps that's why the CPU has 93% passing every game, remembered it being high when I played it back on release to.

@papinho81 Your post inspired me to come back to 16 and I'm having a great time with this game right now. I downloaded the RTWC 2018 patch and it's so good. Fundamentally it's an extremely solid game which HAS A SOUL! There's so much variety. I think someone said this not long ago, but your own team's attacking movement surprised me. It's easily the best I've seen in a FIFA game.

Gameplay wise I'm going between @Ciais mod and Matt's sliders and suggestions. They're quite different from each other but both are great.

What's also surprised me is how good the game looks once you use the LOD tool, put a little reshade, Pap's LUT and a touch of sharpening. If only it had the fluidity of player movement (without the negatives that come with it) of 20. The grass textures are great also, and overall it's much less 'cartoony' than 20.

Last edited:
@papinho81 Your post inspired me to come back to 16 and I'm having a great time with this game right now. I downloaded the RTWC 2018 patch and it's so good. Fundamentally it's an extremely solid game which HAS A SOUL! There's so much variety. I think someone said this not long ago, but your own team's attacking movement surprised me. It's easily the best I've seen in a FIFA game.

Gameplay wise I'm going between @Ciais mod and Matt's sliders and suggestions. They're quite different from each other but both are great.

What's also surprised me is how good the game looks once you use the LOD tool, put a little reshade, Pap's LUT and a touch of sharpening. If only it had the fluidity of player movement (without the negatives that come with it) of 20. The grass textures are great also, and overall it's much less 'cartoony' than 20.

Don't you find stadium atmosphere is also better. The crowd is more on par with what is going on on the pitch, with bouhhh ect. Also there isn't this comical unskipable identical cutscene with players playing with the ball before the game.

Don't you find stadium atmosphere is also better. The crowd is more on par with what is going on on the pitch, with bouhhh ect. Also there isn't this comical unskipable identical cutscene with players playing with the ball before the game.
Yeah for sure, sound is great. The player models (from gameplay camera) look much better also. @MafiaMurderBag did you find out how to assign tight kits to all?

You mean you know how to globally assign tight kits?

Yes

You need DB Master to open the DB, go to the players table and export it (will save as txt)

Open the txt, paste it as it is in Excel, find the jerseyfit column and put all values to 1

Select all, copy and paste it back in the txt

Reimport the txt table in the DB, save

Just to be safe, I'd delete any Squad files you may have in My Documents

If something isn't clear or work for you, just let me know

Yes

You need DB Master to open the DB, go to the players table and export it (will save as txt)

Open the txt, paste it as it is in Excel, find the jerseyfit column and put all values to 1

Thank-you! Massive help. I’ll give it a go later when I’m on the pc.

Pretty sure this is a no from what I've read, but just to confirm, File Server doesn't work with 1.00 exe does it? Does this mean there's no way to change scoreboards, etc?

Yes

Thanks, That did the trick - Player models look so much better now!

FIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.09.10 - 12.20.14.61.jpg

Glad to be of help :)

@Anth James: no, File Server doesn't work unfortunately. I did try to make it compatible back then, and almost did it IIRC, but just couldn't make it work 100% in the end, and then I gave up on it for various "life" reasons

Really having fun with this game, It's just so full of life and it feels like it's truly unpredictable in some situations. You feel like you never see the same thing twice, Except....

Does anyone suspect the AI keepers cheat a little on penalties? I've had 3 penalties, 3 games in a row (due to handball 😉) And in all 3, the keeper has guessed correctly. Really? Are we sure the game isn't just mirroring my input with the keepers dive? Hmm....

Ohh, can you help me out with the links of the LOD tool and Paps LUT?
Agree, this game is just something else.... It has some randomness that was lost in the new fifas.

Back
Top Bottom