FIFA 18 World Cup Add-on - Discussion Thread

Lloris and Griezmann I genuinely wouldn't recognise if you didn't tell me who they were, Jesus Christ EA.

Something that baffles me is how many club teams are in FIFA and so few international teams.

Something that baffles me is how many club teams are in FIFA and so few international teams.

Has to do with licensing fees and shit.

I prefer to play with national teams. But most people prefers to just play with clubs and thus EA don't bother with acquiring licenses for national teams. Only exceptions were their world cup games where everyone would buy WC games because of world cup.

Had they atleast kept all national teams with fake kits in every fifa games, it'd be great. Cause then we could atleast mod and add proper kits for each team. Due to modding limitations of frostbite engine, we can't even add teams. So we're probably stuck with 48 teams.

It seems that if they aren't licensed then they aren't worth adding. Sad.

When’s this released?

You're in the right thread to find that out - two pages ago...

IMG_7180.png

This time next week.

I really can't wait. That is what I was waiting for. All stadiums this is very important for me

In addition to that... What's the point of having a black GK kit with navy home kits?
I mean, France could aswell have played like that IRL (I don't know) but they surely have other GK kits that would look better with the home kit.

Wow, bad presentation.

Where are the confettis, ballons and bright lights of previous world cup games.

Half assed dlc like I expected.

HDR will look brighter, at least.

I find it funny how bored the players look when they line up side by side. Like they really don't want to be there.

They added new FUT icons right?

Pretty sure they wont be available for offline modes but we can edit the squad file to add them in offline list. Time to find their IDs.

Sounds like a bunch of whiny ungrateful Millennials on here all of a sudden. It's free and it looks good. Enjoy.
Yeah right when y'all bashing Pes then you're some kind of football video game experts but when someone stating FACTS that lighting is shit in this game and very dark,something that even most Fifa players who have some brain admit,and nets look like grey steel then they're suddenly become Millennial whiners lol.
You people are funny.

Sounds like a bunch of whiny ungrateful Millennials on here all of a sudden. It's free and it looks good. Enjoy.
I don' care if look ungrateful in this very moment but hey, let me make one thing clear: I've been playing FIFA since FIFA International Soccer, never missing any, I still own each and every "regular" FIFA game released from 2010 onwards (I only miss the 2010 and 2014 World Cup games because EA thought it would be unwise to release them for PC, go figure) with FIFA 14 being both on PC and on Xbox One, and I kept many of the previous ones (including FIFA 64).
I feel that this DLC is absolutely geared towards FUT which in the latest years has become the one and only mode EA seem to invest in (maybe because it's their cash cow at the moment), and that's what annoys me.

Yeah, I'm annoyed.

It looks like they released this DLC only to have the chance to release more FUT cards, and that they thought "well, now that we already have the kits and the players (which, mind you, might also not be the ones playing in the actual World Cup) let's try and put something together for the non-FUT people so they'll have to stop complaining about us only caring 'bout FUT because, you see, we care about them".

This being said, I'm still looking forward to it and I'll surely play it and most likely have fun with it for what it offers, but this doesn't make up for the fact that this is mostly a FUT-related addon and that the single-player part of it is kept at the bare minimum, only to have the chance to say "you see we care about you single-player freaks".

I'm grateful for finally having the chance to play a World Cup, a thing that I could do for the last time in 2006, I must admit it... And as I said before I would most likely have fun trying to win the World Cup with the USA or, why not, with Panama... But I would've been happier with a paid standalone game really about the World Cup than with this DLC which is all about selling more FUT packs.

/RANT.

Last edited:
I understand chaps. It's a free update to game that is 8 months old though. It is what it is. Look to FIFA 19 for gameplay and graphical improvements. We all know FIFA needs them.

Back
Top Bottom