FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that PES gamers [I don't consider myself a PES or FIFA gamer as I always buy both] get extremely pissy when it comes to FIFA demo release time....

we get it...you hate FIFA. But don't try to convince everyone who DO enjoy the game that it's shit.

Both PES and FIFA always have and always will have faults....but some of us enjoy FIFA's attention to detail and gameplay.

By "dissing" do you mean pointing out the areas where the game is completely broken? Of course you do. So that's not dissing, is it.

One more trolling post from you and you're banned. You can critique a game without telling someone they're paid off, like a child who can't accept someone else's opinion.
yup i know, believe me i know.

I've seen one foul in 10 games so I'd argue the collision system isn't that good

strange coz i have at least two fouls from AI every match. Yeah , still not enough but..... Anyway , lack of fouls and collision system / how physical battles looks like are two different issues. Dont mix it . It doesnt mean that collision engine isn't good. Just physicall battles(ground and aerial) looks better in fifa.

Last edited:
Played a few more games last night.

It is definitely too fast for my liking and the ball does move too fast, doesn't really feel like it has any weight to it.
But overall I did enjoy it more and more as I played.

Maybe that first game I had was just a bad game with loads of ping pong passing as in these games there wasn't quite as much, still too much but ok. And the AI fouled a few times and also missed chances. In the first game juventus had 5 shots and scored 4. But these games were much closer and I played with tactics and stuff more and enjoyed it much more.

The collision system on fifa is fantastic, it's a lot better than PES in that respect, PES has serious clipping issues as we all know but in fifa every contact is felt.
What did impress me was the little things that happened in the game that resulted in me pausing and replaying it. I do that often in PES with them PES moments, but had a few in fifa last night. Pogba tried to volley a ball out wide but was off balance (due to the collision system) and totally missed the ball. Another moment Dembele was pulling Pogba for dear life trying to stop him.

I'm still on the cautious side but it is getting better the more I play it.

I've noticed that PES gamers [I don't consider myself a PES or FIFA gamer as I always buy both] get extremely pissy when it comes to FIFA demo release time....

we get it...you hate FIFA. But don't try to convince everyone who DO enjoy the game that it's shit.

Both PES and FIFA always have and always will have faults....but some of us enjoy FIFA's attention to detail and gameplay.

The FIFA demo is a yearly opportunity for insecure people to reaffirm the superiority of their choices.

I had to laugh at Dutch Destroyer's "I've been playing FIFA for the last 9 years" excuse though.

Noticed something when playing the demo. My opponent does consequently NOT miss. They never shot wide etc.

Playing on legendary. Others who are experience the same thing ?

It has quite a bit going for it, to be fair.

Everyone's doing it. That isn't to say I don't agree with you but no gaming company that uses microtransactions should be put on any higher pedestal than another. It's like picking your favourite shit, regardless of which one you pick it still stinks.

Again, don't necessarily disagree however the offer a lot of ways to tailor the game to your own preferences. The default game is a break-neck speed ping-pong fest but once you slow it down and get your slidera right, it plays great (that's based on 16-18; not tried in 19 yet as restricted in demo)

Graphics aren't terrible. I think that's largely unfair; they certainly nail every aspect of presentation.

I'd say EA put more effort into their game than their competitors, year on year. That's not to see they're doing enough, but nobody is doing more.

It could certainly have done more, but in terms of what you can do, it's the better game and has more longevity for me. I've said for a while:

Default PES > Default FIFA
Custom PES < Custom FIFA

Same as the loot boxes, everyone is doing it. Doesn't make it right but Konami can't be held in any hogher regard for myClub than EA can for FUT.

You missed my point entirely. EA makes BILLIONS on Fifa and very little of that money is getting reinvested instead they are just putting out games each year with little gameplay tweaks that if you were not a Hardcore gamer you would never know. I see your quoted later in thread that Konami make 2 BILLION not on PES they don't and I doubt even the gaming division does which includes all games.

I get people here love Fifa and think EA is the company of the people so need defending I get that all I want is big reinvestment to get us a better game which you's do not get. After 9 years of playing Fifa now im bored to tears with the game that does not resemble real football in any way and the animations are so janky they are totally unreal as well as a stagnant graphics system. I want the best game and EA should be able to make the best but instead they make the best loot box gambling game in the world for kids rather than investing into gameplay and animations which matters most.It is a football game after all or trying to be.

Agreed mate. But tbh.... In the PES thread same shit, different topic.

I don't like Fifa, try it every year. But I don't really feel like telling it here. Nobody cares.

Noticed something when playing the demo. My opponent does consequently NOT miss. They never shot wide etc.

Playing on legendary. Others who are experience the same thing ?

No experience with legendary. But, playing on professional I've seen the AI shoot wide, sometimes very wide. On the defensive side of the game, I've also seen AI defenders scuff clearances in the box.

You missed my point entirely. EA makes BILLIONS on Fifa and very little of that money is getting reinvested instead they are just putting out games each year with little gameplay tweaks that if you were not a Hardcore gamer you would never know. I see your quoted later in thread that Konami make 2 BILLION not on PES they don't and I doubt even the gaming division does which includes all games.

I get people here love Fifa and think EA is the company of the people so need defending I get that all I want is big reinvestment to get us a better game which you's do not get. After 9 years of playing Fifa now im bored to tears with the game that does not resemble real football in any way and the animations are so janky they are totally unreal as well as a stagnant graphics system. I want the best game and EA should be able to make the best but instead they make the best loot box gambling game in the world for kids rather than investing into gameplay which matters most.
EA make $5bn a year as a company.
Konami make $2bn a year.

Neither of us can break it down further than that, but both companies make billions a year.

Konami aren't re-investing in their game either. When you have two products that are far from perfect but one gives you more content and more options to customise the game in areas you think it needs it.

This isn't the comparison thread so I'l end the comparisons here.

Still liking the demo.

Only dislike right now is the shooting. Feels overpowered + all shots seem to go middle high or top corner. This was a problem in 16 and it seems back.

I hate that timed finished shoot thing and i hate the fact that i now need to press 3 buttons to get a low shot.
Pressing shoot a 2nd time was much more intuitive.
I hope we can change controls just like we can now switch between tactical and classic defending.

Whilst EA are bigger, please don't act like Konami are something other than a massive multinational conglomerate who bring in £2bn a year. That isn't chump change; the money is there.
Agree.
Still all the reasons you summed up why the game is acceptable are the same ones you used to when saying that they were unacceptable for a game like PES and a company as big as KONAMI
So you should be consistent in the way you argue wouldn't you say?

I love this now.....love it.

There is more depth to the gameplay and presentation in this short demo than the full PES 2019 game.

I have PES 2019 fully edited with up to date kits etc and I just don’t want to play it after this.

Can’t wait until 28th!!!!

Tried many times to play it but I cannot stand the ball physics. It annoys me a lot! Ball moves normal and suddenly start to stops rapidly, then opposition cut the pass. Presentation is phenomenal 10/10 no words needed but when match start all that falls apart, it's very artificial, no natural movement on the pitch at all. I am glad for people who enjoy it and I am happy for them! But I don't understand how they even released the game with ball who probably weight 10 kg...

I love this now.....love it.

There is more depth to the gameplay and presentation in this short demo than the full PES 2019 game.

I have PES 2019 fully edited with up to date kits etc and I just don’t want to play it after this.

Can’t wait until 28th!!!!

You love it that much but you're not getting early access? Shame! ;)

I played four matches and that was more than enough of the demo, there are a lot of things I liked, and a lot of the stuff I disliked I can fix with the full version (speed of the game, powerup speed for throughballs and sliders etc. etc.) Can't wait for early access now :)

I'm not sure I can judge much because I can't pick slow speed. Did they remove it this time or was it always like this? I don't recall it being a problem before.

Ball physics doesn't look good at all.
Players running sometimes looks like they're skating instead.
I know I never notice that when playing,but after playing and then watching a few streams.
It doesn't look right
Early days,but not a big step up from 18

Just hope for a foul fixed game,and no drilled pass and some individuality in team play,that would do it for me though

Really nice game, and good AI, shooting, saves. BUT...... WTF, again.... not again.... On PC- the coulours are washed again, Are they watching matches in TV? this turf.. grass.. it is not green..

Ball physics doesn't look good at all.
Players running sometimes looks like they're skating instead.
I know I never notice that when playing,but after playing and then watching a few streams.
It doesn't look right
Early days,but not a big step up from 18

Just hope for a foul fixed game,and no drilled pass and some individuality in team play,that would do it for me though
Right now, this game reminds me of something like Race Driver: GRID or Top Spin 4.

Popular, well reviewed, extremely polished with loads of licensed content and great presentation... But with completely alien physics that don't look or feel anything like the real thing.

I really do understand why people like it, it's an excellent video game in most departments, but it just isn't what I want from a football game at all.

I'm out of here until next year.

Right now, this game reminds me of something like Race Driver: GRID or Top Spin 4.

Popular, well reviewed, extremely polished with loads of licensed content and great presentation... But with completely alien physics that don't look or feel anything like the real thing.

I really do understand why people like it, it's an excellent video game in most departments, but it just isn't what I want from a football game at all.

I'm out of here until next year.
It's a very slick production,hats off to EA,I'd say they're unmatched in that department,up there with 2k and codemasters F1.
But I can't really see past those animations,not organic or free flowing at all.
I'd wish FIFA would implement a bit of nastiness in their games,really tough tackles and more aggressiveness like football.

I didn't think 17-18 demos were good either,or great.
Neither do I think those full games are very good either, especially 18.
But,I've had a lot of fun despite its shortcomings on fifa 17.
The demo isn't the full release,but it's a hint.
And I hope it gets better.
Bit worried about fouls,seen a few blatant ones that should have been called,but werent.

Like I said a game doesn't have to be excellent to enjoy.
Fix the obvious faults from 18 and I'm good

Right now I'm sort of looking past some of spastic animations and dodgy ball physics with the hope that they'll be improved a bit in the final code. Because otherwise, the demo is quite good. If it all comes together I can see myself playing a lot of CL football this year.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this goal by Kane
I am on tele-broadcast and as i mentioned before i find the speed ok.
One thing i would like improving is the amount of free kicks. So far in about 8 games i have only seen one foul by myself. I even put handballs on to increase it but didnt make a difference.

Been playing this to death today. Here are my impressions...

- First off all, to all those saying the game speed is too high, what are you smoking? If anything, it's a bit slower and more grounded than Fifa 18.
- The 50/50 battles are an absolute game-changer. Finally the battles on the pitch actually feel organic and they lead to some genuine random moments.
- The AI is so varied and the teams actually seem to play like their real-life counterparts. When I played against City, they pressed me into so many mistakes.
- Individual players actually feel lifelike. Mbappe is so lethal.
- There is a bit of ping-pong at times so maybe that will get toned down slightly.
- The presentation is top notch. Commentary is getting stale but it's still miles ahead of PES.
- Keepers react realistically and don't just stand on their line!
- RIP PES.

We've already discussed the speed many pages ago pal, so keep up:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom