FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Woah! Four teams above 90 points! That's crazy!
How much points have the relegated teams? 10, 15 points?

About 20 I think.
I thought it would fun so here are 2 more simulations.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

You could say there's a bit of randomness left. Although teams do randomly buy/sell players during the winter transfer window so maybe it comes from that, lol. I think they've definitely gone a biiiit too far with this.

You could say there's a bit of randomness left. Although teams do randomly buy/sell players during the winter transfer window so maybe it comes from that, lol. I think they've definitely gone a biiiit too far with this.
Well, A) better this than the way it was before, got to say that, but B) what really annoys me is when you see a fan modder's effort...

This is a mod pre-patch.

EFwK0sSWoAER3nn

Compare that to EA's efforts where two teams are finishing with 100pts.

As @Emroth has already said, what the hell is it with EA not being able to do a better job than one guy who still lives with his parents?

It looks like the "goals for" is now going bananas too, post-patch.

This is a mod post-patch to bring down the points totals - but check out the goals scored.

EG8zgaxWsAUBdvF

Well, A) better this than the way it was before, got to say that, but B) what really annoys me is when you see a fan modder's effort...

Yeah I really don't know if it's better. I suppose it is. But is it so hard to get it right when a modder can?
It's quite impactful too. If relegated teams finish at 20 points or less, it makes it too easy to avoid relegation if you're playing with a crap team. And imagine playing most of your games as a mid table team, 30 points away from the CL places AND the relegation zone. Argh. Better or not it seems the mod will be preferable to the official fix again, lol.

This is a mod pre-patch.

EFwK0sSWoAER3nn

Compare that to EA's efforts where two teams are finishing with 100pts.

As @Emroth has already said, what the hell is it with EA not being able to do a better job than one guy who still lives with his parents?

It looks like the "goals for" is now going bananas too, post-patch.

This is a mod post-patch to bring down the points totals - but check out the goals scored.

EG8zgaxWsAUBdvF
Why are Tottenham called by their nickname in the game and every other team proper name?

Why are Tottenham called by their nickname in the game and every other team proper name?

Tottenham Hotspur probably exceeds the variable in the programming code, or displays badly on screen in league table mode.

Don't forget EA still make FIFA using Microsoft Basic on a Windows 3.1 machine.

Tottenham Hotspur probably exceeds the variable in the programming code, or displays badly on screen in league table mode.

Don't forget EA still make FIFA using Microsoft Basic on a Windows 3.1 machine.
You would think Tottenham H would of been better than Spurs.

Also...
I know I might be in the minority here but I'm enjoying FIFA a lot more after the update.
A lot more physical. AI is far better than it was.
Same here. Have only played 1 match with the new update but at least the defensive awareness issue seemed better to me. Will try more tonight

You would think Tottenham H would of been better than Spurs.

Yes, I would prefer it to say Tottenham than Spurs.
But TBH, Spurs not having the correct team name is the least of the problems with career mode.

I have been wanting EA to get proper tournament rules correct for about 5 years now, and still none of it is right.
And this is for English competitions.

SI get the rules right for 500+ leagues and competitions - Including fitting in a Winter World Cup - How do EA deal with Qatar 2020, bet it is a summer tournament.

SI get the rules right for 500+ leagues and competitions - Including fitting in a Winter World Cup - How do EA deal with Qatar 2020, bet it is a summer tournament.
Funny you say this - I was playing Football Manager Handheld 2014 earlier (it's the only mobile FM I ever bought and I was bored at lunchtime). As I was playing around with it - bearing in mind it's a pretty basic version (designed for rubbish phones, text match engine etc.) I thought to myself "why the hell can't FIFA/PES add the most basic/realistic of management options in".

There's "basic" and there's what we have now, which is below "basic". Player conversations sound great but the reality is that everything they add is "choose X option to boost entire team", it's not an attempt at realism, it's just some free player boosts.

Wolves are the same...
Also Man Utd should mean it's West Ham Utd.
It looks like they lack consistency and/or have a team name width limit.
Oh aye no Utd on West Ham thats weird for a fully licensed title. Have other teams got their "UTD" left off? Leeds, Rotherham, Scunthorpe etc

Funny you say this - I was playing Football Manager Handheld 2014 earlier (it's the only mobile FM I ever bought and I was bored at lunchtime). As I was playing around with it - bearing in mind it's a pretty basic version (designed for rubbish phones, text match engine etc.) I thought to myself "why the hell can't FIFA/PES add the most basic/realistic of management options in".

There's "basic" and there's what we have now, which is below "basic". Player conversations sound great but the reality is that everything they add is "choose X option to boost entire team", it's not an attempt at realism, it's just some free player boosts.

Must admit even in the full version the player conversations aren't great.
I found out after a few conversations with players, that if you choose the right option once, it is always the right option.

Must admit even in the full version the player conversations aren't great.
I found out after a few conversations with players, that if you choose the right option once, it is always the right option.
I liked the informative actions (like explaining motivation for putting a player on loan or something) so you can add detail without manually doing it every time. Deciding what to do with players in unique situations was a nice rare thing. But the motivational stuff just feels too gimmicky and maintenance, rather than fun. I understand that it's a nice idea to have your motivational half-time talk improving the performance. But it's not interesting, it's just you learn what sort of players react best to each team talk and you could literally reference a grid and pick the best result from that. This isn't what I want in a football game! It happens too often and is just more rock-paper-scissors than strategy.

I really think that if they could sort the sliding and players moving kinda gelatinous the game would feel and look so much better. That little shaking and stutter they do sometimes before making contact with the ball makes it all so much worse and kills the immersion.

I’m going to start a post patch Career I think.

Please please please be challenging.

anyone know if setting speed to ‘slow’ breaks the game still?

anyone know if setting speed to ‘slow’ breaks the game still?
It does. The video I posted from Twitter the other day confirms it - this is on slow.

If you up the AI's speed +1 and acceleration +1 it improves the situation, depending on the opposition (if they're really poor/slow it needs to be higher). But in reality, normal is the best way to avoid the issues. Sadly.

It does. The video I posted from Twitter the other day confirms it - this is on slow.

If you up the AI's speed +1 and acceleration +1 it improves the situation, depending on the opposition (if they're really poor/slow it needs to be higher). But in reality, normal is the best way to avoid the issues. Sadly.
Thanks Chris.

That’s so weird. At least the game is apparently harder now though.

Going to test it tonight.

I played one game off line which was fairly enjoyable.
Online coop will need longer but from 3 games it’s rinse and repeat, release the game, defending is great, nerd defenders so it’s like there’s a static charge around the attacker and you can’t keep your man in position. Seems ruined again for defending for me. Not a suprise really.

World class ai is more fun then legendary. More attacking more fouls! But I stay with pes 2017 and this for Volta. Volta ai is way better then CM ai.

Last edited:
Been playing the game all night with the sliders slightly tweaked the the game is definitely back on the right track, will start a career mode tomorrow and will post up anything if I find it

Back
Top Bottom