FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Since FIFA/PES is the only game I play on PS4, Im really trying to like FIFA 20, I swear I do, but it is so frustrating and so broken in so many aspects (FIFA 18 and 19 were not). Fuck the totally idiotic ballbounces 13484684x times back to the attacker, but the defense, man the defense. I could make 20 videos of EVERY match where the AI defenders are not defending, they do nothing except to get out of the way of the attacker, LITERALLY! They are trying so hard to create open spaces for the attacker, its shocking. I know that EA wanted to create a harder defending, but football is still a team game, you CANT defend it all by yourself and the whole team sabotaging you.
Other things look extremely, but really extremelly scripted. Like player collissions, they just dont realistic, they look predefined which player will win even when he does so extremely stupidly and comically.
Player speed - you can see so many times that one player is much faster, but it doesnt look normal, it looks so scripted, like the slower player doesnt really want to run at full speed, like some magic force is slowing him down. The same is when 2 players are going for a loose ball, one player simply has an easy to see advantage, which says, that the ball HAS TO BE HIS!
All in all, Its really hard to believe, that EA fucked so many things that worked perfectly in previous years. Its hard to understand how this is possible.
Still I had some great games, but there are just too many moments that are soooooo stupid, annoying and absolutely disgusting, that you want to smash the controller against the wall like every 10 seconds.

I'd be up for playing Pro Clubs on PS4 - meant to be a lot of fun if you can find:

a) people who play regularly
b) people who play as a team
I'd be in for an evo web pro club as well - PS4

There is new pro clubs thread and we will see how many people want to play this . I prefer pro clubs than crying here coz single player mode is abandoned by EA.

Last edited:
What's the point of the new stat called Defensive awareness?
Looking at players stats on sofifa from 19 to 20 it looks like a straight renaming of the previous marking stat.
Defenders are not marking players any more, they are just aware? (Can't help imagining JCVD when I hear that word).

I think i've found some good sliders

Level : Legendary
Speed : Normal
Seetings : Semi (shoot, passes, centers) and manual (the others)

speed 35/35
Acceleration: 50/50
Error in Strikes: 55/62
Error in the passes: 55/62
Speed of Strikes: 45/45
Speeds of the passes: 35/35
Injury frequency: 56/56
Severity of Injuries: 53/53
Level Guardian: 50/50
Positioning marking: 57/50
Positioning running frequencies: 27/50
Positioning of the def line: 60/50
Positioning of the Def line: 48/50
Positioning width of def line: 51/50
Raised position of arrears: 49/50
User power bar: 50
Bad control: 55/64

Too bad that on my match with Konyasport - OL, the record of the 2nd half time has bugged. I put 2 great goals from Depay and Aouar, the two strikes were on the post and enter in the net. I finished at 2-2 with a 2-3 ball missed at the last second by Depay who stumbles on a goalkeeper in success!

I really have some good games. Enjoy!

FC Lorient - OL

TFC - OL

Konyasport - OL

OM - OL
https://youtu.be/mye5RYMbpQc
https://youtu.be/3VVqFwTXpE8

Fired!
https://youtu.be/jqGb920kNo0

I've not bought the game this year as I thought the demo was horrendous, but a lot of these slider videos it looks worse. I think sliders are helpful if you have a decent base game to begin with to tweak.... they shouldn't be used to try and fix all the defects

I've not bought the game this year as I thought the demo was horrendous, but a lot of these slider videos it looks worse. I think sliders are helpful if you have a decent base game to begin with to tweak.... they shouldn't be used to try and fix all the defects

That's been our approach so far too. Only 3 values changed.

Regarding fouls, not sure how someone can say they aren't there. CPU fouled me 7 times the other night.

I'd be in for an evo web pro club as well - PS4
Is anything happening with this chaps?
Only thing is I live in Canada and have limited times to play but if I can get in when everyone else is. I would be well up for it. I prefer to pass and tackle rather than dribble or score.

Is anything happening with this chaps?
Only thing is I live in Canada and have limited times to play but if I can get in when everyone else is. I would be well up for it. I prefer to pass and tackle rather than dribble or score.

problem is , only me and balsinwated want to play pro clubs :( seems like people here like to complain more than have fun and play online . We need at least 3 more people

problem is , only me and balsinwated want to play pro clubs :( seems like people here like to complain more than have fun and play online . We need at least 3 more people
That’s a shame. I have a mate who isn’t on here but I play co op with. He plays “properly too”. Let me know if we get a team together. Appreciated

Also...
I know I might be in the minority here but I'm enjoying FIFA a lot more after the update.
A lot more physical. AI is far better than it was.
gotta take it to the other thread....

Yes you are. ;)
Really, i can’t take that ball movement any serious. It’s off football.
Later.

I really like playing online seasons this year. I would say it's challenging and skillful. I win most of my games

i was up for this too

2 is the minimum for pro clubs and you can get a really good game from that. Too many and it gets confusing as everyone requests the ball from cpu players

I am actually enjoying the game at the moment.

Does anybody know if career mode bugs have been fixed? Like teams not playing full strength teams, Man City fighting relegation etc...

This is a great game using matts sliders with a a few of my own tweaks.

Yes you get fouls, yes you get penalties. There's a few niggles here and there but I'm always amazed at how people ignore the work that's gone into this animation system, it's absolutely fucking incredible.

The randomness per game compared to pes is night and day. Premiership matches feel like premiership matches. The goals you score are satisfying, especially on full manual, and I never come away feeling robbed.

Also AI! They take you on, they stumble, they vary their attacks, they try different crosses, they shoot from range, they play one twos, they knock long balls, they battle for the ball. It's always got you on your toes. Again, fucking incredible.

I played spurs v Watford as spurs and lost 2-0 but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Their first goal was from a corner scramble that ricocheted off Alderweild and Andre Gray hooked the ball over the line past Lloris and a defender. It was incredible. You never see the same goal twice, it's always been the core strength of the series.

When you play pes it feels like there's only so many routes to goal and so many animations to execute, in fifa I'm still seeing new instances and animations, new situations and action. Not to mention some of the ground variety is gorgeous, the number of official teams and balls, the time slots which alter the pitch, the atmospheres, two commentary teams, real competitions.

It's a winner for me.

I'm going to talk a little bit about FIFA 20 in the FIFA 20 thread. I hope this doesn't make @PRO_TOO snap...

Title Update 5 definitely made the gameplay faster.
I was happy with the pace of the game, from release until Title Update 4. I can't quite understand why they had to go and screw it up like that.

I'm going to talk a little bit about FIFA 20 in the FIFA 20 thread. I hope this doesn't make @PRO_TOO snap...

I was happy with the pace of the game, from release until Title Update 4. I can't quite understand why they had to go and screw it up like that.
:LOL: Why should I?!
Did I miss something?! :THINK:

So this weekly change in gameplay still goes on?!
I tried the demo but I can’t stand the ball physics and animations anymore (when you’ve seen the light) ;). It starts here and it ends here for me...! It’s something so fundamental I personally can’t overlook it.

:LOL: Why should I?!
Did I miss something?! :THINK:

So this weekly change in gameplay still goes on?!
I tried the demo but I can’t stand the ball physics and animations anymore (when you’ve seen the light) ;). It starts here and it ends here for me...! It’s something so fundamental I personally can’t overlook it.

Haha, yeah! I think you missed something you posted yourself on Saturday man.

You don't know why? Look at Twitter. Every FUT fuck complains that the game is "so slow it's boring". Any semblance of good / realism in this game has been removed week by week from the first beta onwards... They're making the game to please them, not us.

You don't know why? Look at Twitter. Every FUT fuck complains that the game is "so slow it's boring". Any semblance of good / realism in this game has been removed week by week from the first beta onwards... They're making the game to please them, not us.

Wouldn't it be easier for them to just inject some code that only applies for Online that makes game speed 40% faster?.
I mean, as soon as you enter any Online mode menu, it should load that code and leave us the fuck alone.

Back
Top Bottom