FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

You're not missing much, but here's a new link:
Man that was horrible. Not sure what level the cpu were at but again no awareness from defenders, players allowed to be one on one with the gk with miles of space. This is not football man. Looks like Konami might not be the only one needing to take a year off.

Man that was horrible. Not sure what level the cpu were at but again no awareness from defenders, players allowed to be one on one with the gk with miles of space. This is not football man. Looks like Konami might not be the only one needing to take a year off.

It's tough, right. On the highest difficulties in FIFA 20, defensive AI and positioning is pretty woeful, so there is a precedent. With that said, this dude is playing on semi-pro. I'm not holding my breath though...

FIFA 17 was a fantastic game as far as FIFA goes. I reinstalled it the other week and was playing in the install game (before all of the patches can be applied) and I was like wow, this plays great and my AI teammates are a lot more intelligent. It didn't feel as good after I applied the latest patch though. Definitely my most played FIFA out of FIFA 17-20.

Last edited:
It's nothing like Fifa 17? If this was a reskinned 17 I would have preordered the game today. That was the last half decent game.
I’m not ditching on FIFA 17 because I agree that was a good game, at that time, engine change made a huge difference in graphics and the way the game is played
What I meant was this:
Transition from 17 to 18 to 19 to 20 and now 21 just simply feels the same to me every year apart from minor details gameplay wise and features
Graphics are never improved from one game to another, they just change them to a darker or lighter tone
Menus are still the same layout, the same structure so it’s boring
In the earlier years, when you bought the next FIFA you could always tell it is another version than its previous title (new menus, new graphics, other gameplay) and in recent years this has not been the case anymore in Fifa, and for some parts also in PES

atleast they added some new cool celebrations😂

Looks like fifa 20 + Chosef adboards for 2021 season, and turf mod by chuny, looks the same
Well, it's not. New goal kick rules (defenders allowed in the box) for a start. It's real - and EA taking it down so fast should prove that (if the watermark doesn't). In-fact, even the guy with the gamertag in the watermark has admitted to it...

I've just replied to this and said that each gamers' reaction to that Mané scuffed cross (i.e. "lol the game sucks then") represents why sim gamers will never get a football game again - if FIFA adds realism, the fans will hate it, because their player making a mistake isn't fun to them.

Within ten minutes, I received two abusive DMs...

I've just replied to this and said that each gamers' reaction to that Mané scuffed cross (i.e. "lol the game sucks then") represents why sim gamers will never get a football game again - if FIFA adds realism, the fans will hate it, because their player making a mistake isn't fun to them.

Within ten minutes, I received two abusive DMs...

People just want to win, they don't want mistakes in passing, shooting, crossing and goals ... sad

Like this ...

Like I said, these people are their own worst enemies and they don't even realize it. They don't want variation in execution because the emphasis is on "competitive play." In their eyes, you can't have competitive play if random variables are involved. Unfortunately, they tend to forget they're playing a game that's supposed to mimic a real sport to some degree. This isn't League of Legends. It's a win at all costs mentality mixed with dare I say, a complete lack of understanding of the football.

Anyone with sense can see that he clearly overpowered the cross. It's hit at what, 80%+ bar? That's what happens. Do they really want their hand held to the degree of, "push square for perfect cross." If you overhit it, you overhit it. Would they demand an underhit shot that trickles towards the keeper to be a goal just because they hit the shot button? It's ridiculous.

I’m more concerned about the perfect strictly come dancing in tandem stepping back by the two Liverpool players.....looks shocking

That looked terrible. And the City right back somewhere in a different post code from the man he should be tracking (great to see fullbacks are never fixed) and the city defenders hardly bothering to sprint back as Mane had breakfast, coffee and powered up the cross.

I would say that in that whole 10 second clip, the only thing that didn't look too bad was the overhit cross (with 80%+ power).

Until people hating variation and errors will have the last word on how the game should play, it will be hard to be optimistic..

I love the "just go play the real thing" answer. Yeah how about you go play one of the tens of meta competitive games out there lol. Surely easier for you than for me.

Looking at the files in Frosty Editor you can see how some of these positional problems and bad defending, are designed that way. ‘Bad Support’ or ‘Bad Offside’or ‘Defender loses his attacker’ with varying rates and durations. Files to this nature. I know they’re designed to make the game playable for much shorter halves etc, but with elements like these set far too high I can’t see them being drastically reduced come 21..

In their eyes, you can't have competitive play if random variables are involved.

Plus, managing luck/odds is a real skill. People who are good at mixed skill/luck games know this very well. If there's randomness there're odds and math behind it = skill. And that's what footballers do as well. When choosing which corner to aim for, they're maximizing their odds. Defenders prefer to cover the inside and let you go wide? Playing the odds. The goalkeeper maximises his odds of saving a shot by covering near post, the attacker usually aims far post to maximise his, but the end result can always be unpredictable. That's the beauty of football.

Which is probably why near post shots are op in fifa 20. To screw anyone who has the slightest clue of how to attack or defend!

Last edited:
Looked very average and played on beginner is not helping....and are we now having the keeper smash the ball in to his own net every time the opposition score? There were some really weird laser guided passes too and at one point the keeper throws the ball to the half way line with no trajectory...it goes in one straight line from glove to chest.

I will never for the life of me understand why if EA aren't going to let us select goal keeper kits, they don't at least make them as neutral as possible.

How many keeper kits insist on being red or blue therefore clashing with most home kits in the game?
There's nothing to select because all teams only have a single GK kit in FIFA and PES. Both games generally include the GK kits presented by the teams.

There's nothing to select because all teams only have a single GK kit in FIFA and PES. Both games generally include the GK kits presented by the teams.
Yeah I know, I suppose what I mean is if they have the license for the teams strips, why not include GK alts? Surely we cannot deny the clashing GK kits are a problem.

Yeah I know, I suppose what I mean is if they have the license for the teams strips, why not include GK alts? Surely we cannot deny the clashing GK kits are a problem.
It's too much work, many smaller teams don't even have a licensed GK kit at all in FIFA.

Plus, managing luck/odds is a real skill. People who are good at mixed skill/luck games know this very well. If there's randomness there're odds and math behind it = skill. And that's what footballers do as well. When choosing which corner to aim for, they're maximizing their odds. Defenders prefer to cover the inside and let you go wide? Playing the odds. The goalkeeper maximises his odds of saving a shot by covering near post, the attacker usually aims far post to maximise his, but the end result can always be unpredictable. That's the beauty of football.

Which is probably why near post shots are op in fifa 20. To screw anyone who has the slightest clue of how to attack or defend!
Most sports games do this where perfect input = perfect execution, so ridiculous tactics or skills that have no relevance to the sport end up working the best.

Golf games where you win by twiddling your thumb in a straight line with robotic consistency. Snooker games where you can pot everything just as easily from tight on the cushions, tennis games where if you can press or release a button with correct timing the ball will never hit the net/go out etc...

These games are mostly about mastering some random timing QTE or minigame rather than actually needing to know anything about how the sport works in real life. Any esports related stuff only makes this worse as they would cry about "RNG" and FIFA is getting worse in this regard every year.

Regarding FIFA, I've already seen enough, it's the same gameplay base. Not interested one bit and won't even be downloading the demo.

These games are mostly about mastering some random timing QTE or minigame rather than actually needing to know anything about how the sport works in real life. Any esports related stuff only makes this worse as they would cry about "RNG" and FIFA is getting worse in this regard every year.

This is where new features like "timed finishing" come in. Hit the button when the bar is green and your shot will be more accurate. Body position? Weak/Strong foot? Angle? Pressure? Defender in the way? Oh, never mind any of that nonsense.

1. Take away skill relating to the sport itself (even people who know nothing should be able to "compete" and buy fifa points!)
2. Replace it with something that everyone understands

You now have a garbage game that feels nothing like football but it's also making you more money!

Last edited:
What I don't like is the off the ball movement of NPC's, it has always been an issue with FIFA games, it looks unrealistic.

If you watch closely they change direction too fast, start running and then walking again, also the head movement looks weird etc. it completely breaks immersion.

I know most people probably don't consider this an issue but it just make the game feel bad overall.

I’m so glad you have pointed this out it really irks me. In FIFA 20 Spurs GK kit is exactly the same colour as their 3rd kit.

I also hate that Tottenham are still called ‘Spurs’ in that video. And at least use their correct club crest for god sake instead of that white monstrosity.

That gameplay video is just bad all round. The series is done unless you’re a FUT player it seems. But I suppose we have to remember it’s an early build (I think?)

My only hope is that the final version is a decent version of fifa for the single player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom