FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Monday

Inter and Milan (Partner - Global Partner)

Tuesday

The Pitch Notes
Hands on
Video: Features about Gameplay

Last edited:
An actual gameplay trailer with actual zoomed out gameplay longer than 0.01 seconds? And not a music video about mbappe's childhood?
And they've used a zoomed in photo of a sweaty face for the thumbnail. Hmmmmmm... Not sure I believe it!

View attachment 54204

It will be a more technical trailer

🚨 Dig deeper on all the new #FIFA21 gameplay features 🚨

Set a reminder 🔔 to see it first on August 4️⃣📅➡

San Siro

IMG_20200803_035941.jpg

Last edited:
CiSdjYM.jpg

Jesus, sorry about the size of it!!!!

TB: DR; (Too Big, Didn't Read...) In FIFA 21, AS Roma will become Roma FC. Seems like PES have got the Roma license this year.

Jesus, sorry about the size of it!!!!

TB: DR; (Too Big, Didn't Read...) In FIFA 21, AS Roma will become Roma FC. Seems like PES have got the Roma license this year.
The good thing about these license wars is that it might force EA to improve their edit mode.

The good thing about these license wars is that it might force EA to improve their edit mode.
I bet you £10 they don't, because no casual FIFA player is going to be bothered enough to edit one team (or even a handful of teams). Without them having entire leagues without licenses, I can't see a decent edit mode EVER being on their to-do list again. 99% of teams are licensed (well, excluding the national teams)...

Reading the replies to those kinds of announcements is depressing. Most of them are only bothered about these licenses because they want "Icons" for Ultimate Team.

Gotta love the generation Z... Just saw this on Twitter about Career mode:

“The career mode is very important for this year.

We've really made the biggest investments we've ever made to make sure we're delivering exactly what our players are asking for. "

Nick Wlodyka, Vice President of EA

I bet you £10 they don't, because no casual FIFA player is going to be bothered enough to edit one team (or even a handful of teams). Without them having entire leagues without licenses, I can't see a decent edit mode EVER being on their to-do list again. 99% of teams are licensed (well, excluding the national teams)...
Them not having Juventus last year made pretty much zero difference to them. They can still put Ronaldo in packs so who cares? Probably less than 1% of players even played a single match of FIFA 20 with or against Juve (or "Piemonte Calcio").

The only thing an unlicensed team means for FUT players is that handful of badges/kits/stadia aren't in packs, and it perhaps affects what "Icons" they can add. Even then, Man Utd are an official partner of PES and this year FIFA has added Cantona as an "icon".

Most FIFA fans would probably only be bothered about lost licenses if it stopped players from a big league being included in packs (like Bundesliga for PES) or if it was the majority of teams not having kits/badges/names. Being only a handful of teams each year it makes no difference.

i dont understand how roma is going to be unlicensed,EA signed contract with Seria A,like their bundles/laliga/premierleague contract,that means all team should be licensed

Gotta love the generation Z... Just saw this on Twitter about Career mode:

“The career mode is very important for this year.

We've really made the biggest investments we've ever made to make sure we're delivering exactly what our players are asking for. "

Nick Wlodyka, Vice President of EA

They are investing huge money in Career Mode this year..

I heard from an inside source that the team went for drinks after work at the beginning of the year and they had a tenner left over, so they said give it to the career mode guy he can have double his budget this year.

Also I don't know who they been listening too, as I can go back through every FIFA thread for the last 5-10 years and my wish list hasn't changed, and a couple of them like 'Proper Competition Rules' still haven't been implemented.

They didn't do a thing with Piemonte Calcio, why would they do anything with Roma FC?
They just don't care if fans feel ripped off by these exclusive partnerships (and neither does Konami of course).

All these exclusive club deals/partnerships are just shite.
I get it if company A has a exclusive deal meaning face scans/extra bling,but keeping us consumers in the hole is bs,suddenly having Piemonte/Roma FC but still have a licensed Serie A makes no fucking sense

I wish we could have a game with no license of any kind but fully customizable and, most important of all, fun to play (and if it could also be fair to play against, it wouldn't hurt).
I would be a happy gamer then, and I would give no f*cks about this team being in FIFA and the other one being in PES.
I mean, we can't even play a proper Serie A anymore now with either game. 🤡

I wish we could have a game with no license of any kind but fully customizable and, most important of all, fun to play (and if it could also be fair to play against, it wouldn't hurt).
I would be a happy gamer then.

lol! I was thinking something similar in this precise second.

If not fully customizable, would be enough for the game to be just a bit more mod friendly and it wouldn't be a problem at all.

“We all know that VAR could be very widespread proper now in soccer; It occurs with just about each aim, which might be generally fascinating,” Rivera stated, hinting at its controversial standing. “Anyway, this yr we determined to concentrate on different options that the group was requesting. We predict that VAR, when it comes to a online game, might not be including as a lot as we wished.”

“The reply is there no VAR in FIFA 21,” he says. “Nonetheless, we’re very conscious that this can be a large a part of soccer proper now, and clearly, it may occur sooner or later.”

“Given the already stable basis now we have within the sport now in the case of [football player] knowledge assortment and the participant rankings, we’re nonetheless in a position to do updates with the pandemic,” Stanescu informed reporters. “We even have the power to launch squad updates as leagues resume play.”

https://biz.blogdady.com/will-var-be-in-fifa-21-ea-builders-clarify-their-controversial-strategy/

They didn't do a thing with Piemonte Calcio, why would they do anything with Roma FC?
They just don't care if fans feel ripped off by these exclusive partnerships (and neither does Konami of course).
As the saying goes, little strokes fell big oaks.

Yeah they give zero fucks about licence now. I mean why would they? Their main source of income is from a game mode where licensed kits and clubs are irrelevant.

This sucks man. License exclusivity sucks too. Both pes and fifa became stagnated now. They should stop making games every year and just release once every 4-5 years with big improvements.

Var makes so little sense in a digital football game lol. What are you gonna do, make referee "faking" errors for the matter of a realism you aren't even pursuing? I mean I totally see them do it for the sake of put the thing in but it sounds so cervellotic and unintuitive.

Other than that.. I think we are slowly moving towards a market in which club licenses matters less and less, but unluckily not in the way we'd love it to be as it pushes it farther off the real thing and more towards the fantasy trade cards stuff.

But I guess it's perfect for them and they probably are slowly realizing it. Players licenses could be the only thing really counting in a couple of years.

Var makes so little sense in a digital football game lol. What are you gonna do, make referee "faking" errors for the matter of a realism you aren't even pursuing? I mean I totally see them do it for the sake of put the thing in but it sounds so cervellotic and unintuitive.

Other than that.. I think we are slowly moving towards a market in which club licenses matters less and less, but unluckily not in the way we'd love it to be as it pushes it farther off the real thing and more towards the fantasy trade cards stuff.

But I guess it's perfect for them and they probably are slowly realizing it. Players licenses could be the only thing really counting in a couple of years.
It can replace the late offsides, maybe?

I wouldn't mind the games implementing VAR and referee errors (without errors it'd be just another way to waste your time, just like the replays on offsides now). But of course I laugh as I type it, maybe in a parallel universe where it's the last piece of the puzzle for a realistic simulation.

We'll be lucky if during our lifetime they implement defending or tactics as used in this universe. Or fouls. 🤣

This link is now live.

...So the "fundamentals" (which I was hoping was stuff like "passing is more realistic") is that you can now score more easily and you can now launch through-balls from defence?

And there's a REWIND button for kick-off games...

Eesh.

Most worryingly, there were a few clips of the attacker doing silly close-dribbling from left foot to right foot and back again (multiple times a second), while the defender, who is RIGHT NEXT to the dribbler, is powerless to get the ball.

There's also a couple of moments (in the "positioning" bit) where the defender runs towards the striker who's running into a goalscoring position, and could easily mark him, but instead just wanders off (after initially "locking on").

Last edited:
That thing where you control the direction of the teammate's run has been in PES for years (and almost nobody uses it).

The rewind feature was in PS2 PES training mode.

Headers were already manual if you had passing/shooting on manual. Now it's another setting just for headers?

"Positioning awareness" being promoted with this clip where the Chelsea midfield simply leave De Bruyne in 10 yards of space, as if this is showing the individuality of De Bruyne to intelligently find the space.

What a load of bollocks.

Last edited:
This "Rewind" function is clearly a ripoff of the "Play Again Retry" function on the PS2 PES games...... man I used that a lot back in the day to get the perfect contact with a volley.

But that aside, it's like painting your car but it's in desperate need of an exhaust (basically typical FIFA - releasing a new FIFA with few differences from the previous incarnations). If there's anything groundbreaking in career mode, then I'll be a little more interested.

For me it doesn't look so bad.... I get FIFA 21 will be minor changes to F20 so that's what I was expecting... I do like the Position Awareness and Natural Collision systems... Its hard to judge until the Demo. As always, I expect to check it out once the price drops more than 50%. Will it dethrone Fifa16 for me? I doubt it...

So basically 1v1s are still a thing, attackers will still stand still not making runs on their own just like in 20 (because you can't have the AI play football on their own), so runs are now manually triggered, there are new skill move exploits and long through balls will now be op because fuck build-up.

Ok. So is there a separate offline gameplay with ALL of that garbage thrown in the bin? I'd like a game with AI.

Last edited:
Aahahah :D Konami screw up/Remove close control from R2, EA copy it to R1 ! Almost ALL new futres are copy and paste from PES, interesting !

Back
Top Bottom