FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Can someone remind me of the difference between "default" and "classic" player stats. I just want the one that results in some decent defending and not waste any time with the other option. And is it an option in CM matches or only in kick off mode? If it's only in kick off mode then I guess it's just a useless/ irrelevant option!

Last edited:
OK so I found it. Search xbox store for fifa 21 then u can select fifa 21 xbox one and there's an ea play button where u can get the trial and begin the download

So I've played two 20 min games on legendary difficulty, slow speed default sliders
I played as Leeds and Liverpool, both against arsenal
I'm primarily an offline or couch co-op type player, where I can play with modified sliders.
I think the game is pretty much the same as last year, although I gave up on FIFA 20 pretty early on despite modified sliders etc.

- Game pace is slightly slower, which is good
- I noticed Aubameyang making some diagonal runs, which I didnt notice last year, but still most of the time wingers stick to the wings
- Players do more close ball control and skill moves (which is good) but they do it in the most stupid and illogical areas, like doing a skill move in their own defensive third (???) even when there really isnt a need to do it.

Major negatives:
- AI committed ZERO fouls across 2 games. Yes, I even use the turn back and shielding mechanics, but didnt abuse other skills. It was pretty pathetic.
- Team mate AI defending is still absolutely terribly bad. The opposition AI strikers will comfortably sit in the hole, easily receive balls from midfield. My midfielders pretty much never help, and in some occasions even back away
- Overall the distance between your midfield and defensive lines is just massive
- Your substitutes late in the 2nd half can just sprint past the opposition midfield and defenders, literally in a straight line
- Defensive lines by default are just too low, most teams play pretty aggressive defensive lines but again like in FIFA 20 I never saw the arsenal defenders get up around their half way line to contain the play.

Overall I don't think there are any significant changes, I'll try messing with sliders again, but modded PES 20 (and I understand 21 is slightly better) is IMO still the best football game in the last 2 years.

So I've played two 20 min games on legendary difficulty, slow speed default sliders
I played as Leeds and Liverpool, both against arsenal
I'm primarily an offline or couch co-op type player, where I can play with modified sliders.
I think the game is pretty much the same as last year, although I gave up on FIFA 20 pretty early on despite modified sliders etc.

- Game pace is slightly slower, which is good
- I noticed Aubameyang making some diagonal runs, which I didnt notice last year, but still most of the time wingers stick to the wings
- Players do more close ball control and skill moves (which is good) but they do it in the most stupid and illogical areas, like doing a skill move in their own defensive third (???) even when there really isnt a need to do it.

Major negatives:
- AI committed ZERO fouls across 2 games. Yes, I even use the turn back and shielding mechanics, but didnt abuse other skills. It was pretty pathetic.
- Team mate AI defending is still absolutely terribly bad. The opposition AI strikers will comfortably sit in the hole, easily receive balls from midfield. My midfielders pretty much never help, and in some occasions even back away
- Overall the distance between your midfield and defensive lines is just massive
- Your substitutes late in the 2nd half can just sprint past the opposition midfield and defenders, literally in a straight line
- Defensive lines by default are just too low, most teams play pretty aggressive defensive lines but again like in FIFA 20 I never saw the arsenal defenders get up around their half way line to contain the play.

Overall I don't think there are any significant changes, I'll try messing with sliders again, but modded PES 20 (and I understand 21 is slightly better) is IMO still the best football game in the last 2 years.
Sounds like 50 quid saved

Can someone remind me of the difference between "default" and "classic" player stats. I just want the one that results in some decent defending and not waste any time with the other option. And is it an option in CM matches or only in kick off mode? If it's only in kick off mode then I guess it's just a useless/ irrelevant option!

Default is FUT boosted stats which make your teammates semi useful. Classic is Master League/Friendlies stats aka 'Training Cone Mode'

In all the videos there is something distinctly jarring with the ball movement.....its as though the ball remains static and the pitch moves to make 9t look like it’s moving.....like a weird conveyor belt! Couple that with sliding and x5 speed feet...it all looks completely wrong imo.

Right, but all i'm saying is that it's *basically* the demo (a stripped down version with just a bunch of the assets/teams) while you're saying that it's not *literally* the demo. Well yeah obviously. It's not the demo in a literal sense because they choose not to release it and made a bunch of BS statements about it, which is what i'm having a dig at.
Your dig is wrong because it's not even basically a demo. You are playing the full game while it's still downloading with a few limitations. You don't seem to understand how this works on a technical level.

Just tried the 10 hour trial on PC and the build is fucking broken. First of all, they seem to have removed the possibility to change to DirectX 11 via fifasetup.ini which makes the game unplayable due to microstuttering. Scratch that, you can still force DirectX 11 with "DIRECTX_SELECT = 1". Apart from that, they changed the button to switch players to R1. I mapped it back to L1, and guess what, it doesn't have any effect. What on earth is this?

Last edited:
There is still the same bug that has been there for years when the AI cause a penalty kick and everyone just stands still and only the player that made the foul is slowly moving (somewhere?). You cannot skip it or do anything, after like a minute it just disappears and you shoot a penalty kick. Funny. :)

There is still the same bug that has been there for years when the AI cause a penalty kick and everyone just stands still and only the player that made the foul is slowly moving (somewhere?). You cannot skip it or do anything, after like a minute it just disappears and you shoot a penalty kick. Funny. :)
imagine it like there is a check in var room ahahahah

The pace seems pretty good, also the ambientation. But player movement and ball physics are :SICK:

I think i will only like it when they change the engine...

Right, they never said they were addressing either of those, so I'm not sure why so many on here expected it to be the case? Frostbite FIFA is crap movement system, been like that since 18 (still unsure if Liked 17's movement).

Back
Top Bottom