FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Make sure you update the squads by selecting "Edit Teams" in the main menu and clicking on "Download updates" there.

Derek Rae doesn't make up his own pronunciations of names, he actually pronounces the names the correct way...

yes i dit it but the players aren´t in the edit mod

Oh... Wow.

Here's something glorious that I didn't expect.

FIFA are tweeting like crazy, to advertise different streamers who are playing the game on launch day. All of whom are FUT guys, opening their free packs and trying to convince everyone to get spending. It's pretty gross. But anyway.

On a few of those tweets... There are comments like these:

Look how many likes that last one's got!

I think it's safe to say now that the game is bugged for some depending on the circumstances. I just played 5 matches in a row on Legendary / World Class, and I haven't run into a situation like this once. I'd say that the AI in FIFA 21 defends miles better than in FIFA 19 / 20 in my copy of the game, for whatever reason...

I've seen it happen quite a few times on Legendary, but it does seem to depend on the opposition. Liverpool opened their legs for me because they constantly pressure. The AI can't comprehend what to do if it all goes pear shaped. Sliders or no sliders, it's always the same outcome. That said, I played Hoffenheim immediately after and it was like night and day. They were very compact and fairly difficult to breakdown (they didn't create much though).

I tried playing them again to see if it would be a similar experience and it was. Match ended 0-0 and neither team had many chances. I do play on "FUMA" (minus shooting), so that might be why I couldn't exploit them as easily, but still. They did sometimes concede a bit too much space, but nothing egregious like my previous examples. Needless to say, those two matches were a lot more interesting! Zero fouls in my second, but hey, what's new.

Cant stand Derek rae saying bruno 'fernansh' its god awful. And lee Dixon can sod off with his lines regarding goalkeepers doing their job

Well what can i say than just WOW...just WOW.

What a totally abhorrent gaming experience I just had. I got the EA Play for 3.99 and got a refund. I really wanted my 3.99 back for the waste of two hours I had to endure. Remember This is Football on the Playstation 2? Well that is better than this pile of steaming garbage.

Where do I begin?

How about the hundred different options in the controller menu. WTF? Are users that crap at this game they need assists for everything? Why don't they put in an assist for the menu too, just incase we can't navigate up and down.

The player models are horrible, utterly horrible. When they run, and turn, and change direction, its like they are missing animations between the transitions. Theres no organic flow to the movement. No one can just turn on a dime like that, you need foot planting to change direction. And the agile dribbling...yuk. Robotic, unemotional and lacking nuance.

The running animation is scary, long legged nephelim with massive strides. Salah doesn't run like that. Mane doesn't run like that.

The ball. My goodness the ball. Its like a bowling ball. Theres hardly a bounce or a bobble to be seen. But the worst is the lack of ball shadow! I could never tell if the ball was in the air or on the ground, unbelievable for this day and age!

I tweaked the sliders that I normally have and they didn't help. Even giving the cpu a high control error didn't effect them. It was just laser pass, laser pass. They hardly cross from deep either, they just dribble to the line then lob cross it. Everything is concentrated on the pitch in the penalty boxes, no gameplay exists anywhere. The defending is all over the place too, I found myself scrabbling for buttons so I could make a standing tackle. Why, why, why?????

Everything is stiff and fast, theres no flow. Its exactly like watching those esports fifa pros (LOL) play a livestream. Loads of little players making perfect passes and buzzing around the screen with little skill involved.

The last straw for me was when Atheltico Madrid, in one attack from their box to mine, did three overhead kicks, two in the midfield when a simple pass would have sufficed. I immediately ripped the installion out and claimed my money back.

Fifa 20 shits all over this. It had its problems, but it was a far more considered game. Graphically it looks like its taken several steps backwards, its utterly, without remorse, the worst football game I've played for years.

Pes 21 is a far more enjoyable and dare i say it more sim, realistic game of footy with all its faults than this esports garbage.

Goodbye forever Fifa.

Guys keep in mind that so many bots and shills are running riot on twitter to defend the game.

Amazing how Volta and 11 v 11 have the same midfield battle lol

(MOD EDIT: Insults removed, no more of that thanks.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't watch that video, but in these two videos, his pronunciation is close enough:

At 3:17:

Right at the beginning:

I think it's safe to say now that the game is bugged for some depending on the circumstances. I just played 5 matches in a row on Legendary / World Class, and I haven't run into a situation like this once. I'd say that the AI in FIFA 21 defends miles better than in FIFA 19 / 20 in my copy of the game, for whatever reason...
LMAO! That is the essence of FIFA:LMAO:Seriously, those player models are absolutely HIDEOUS. Zero fluidity between transitions. Look at the off-ball players. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Every damn one looks like the other. Have they never kicked a ball?? Since when does it look that? I'm beyond happy I've saved my money this year. EA has a lot of work to do before I'll ever purchase again. Goodbye and goodnight EA:SAL:

LMAO! That is the essence of FIFA:LMAO:Seriously, those player models are absolutely HIDEOUS. Zero fluidity between transitions. Look at the off-ball players. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Every damn one looks like the other. Have they never kicked a ball?? Since when does it look that? I'm beyond happy I've saved my money this year. EA has a lot of work to do before I'll ever purchase again. Goodbye and goodnight EA:SAL:

There’s a girl that has 100 identical twins in the stands ...Creepy lol

Played one game of FUT, realized this game is not for me anymore. The last FIFA I really enjoyed was 2017. I still don't understand why they implemented this tactical defense nonsense. I found that already annoying in 2017 but after not playing this game for a long time, it just feels stupid and makes no sense. They want to make it harder this way, but it breaks the game in my opinion. What's wrong with player pressing with only one button? I hope PES will never change that. I also completely agree with @Antoine. So many different controlling options it makes my head hurt, keep it simple. I bought this game for Volta but right now it's broken so I might go for a refund if they don't fix that. PES 2021 is so much more satisfying and playing the game on fuma blows FIFA away in every possible way.

I don't think I've ever seen so many bad comments on a football game on twitter/youtube.
On non affiliated channels/accounts.

This has to be rock bottom in the direction FIFA's taking?
Or will this be the path taken?

Played one game of FUT, realized this game is not for me anymore. The last FIFA I really enjoyed was 2017. I still don't understand why they implemented this tactical defense nonsense. I found that already annoying in 2017 but after not playing this game for a long time, it just feels stupid and makes no sense. They want to make it harder this way, but it breaks the game in my opinion. What's wrong with player pressing with only one button? I hope PES will never change that. I also completely agree with @Antoine. So many different controlling options it makes my head hurt, keep it simple. I bought this game for Volta but right now it's broken so I might go for a refund if they don't fix that. PES 2021 is so much more satisfying and playing the game on fuma blows FIFA away in every possible way.
I use to play legacy defending on 16-19,since I mainly played Pes then,but I like tactical defending,the issue is the 1v1.
Went back and played tactical leadership n older games,think it's pretty damn good

I use to play legacy defending on 16-19,since I mainly played Pes then,but I like tactical defending,the issue is the 1v1.
Went back and played tactical leadership n older games,think it's pretty damn good
Yeah 1v1 leads to so, so many positional and logistical problems. There’s no way around it unfortunately.

This has to be rock bottom in the direction FIFA's taking?
Or will this be the path taken?

This is the path taken. I thought 19 was rock bottom. Timed finishing garbage, unrealistic exaggerated tactics, and superhuman teams like Madrid scoring half a dozen bicycle kicks. If you told me to make it worse I would struggle to think of something, but then they came up with 1v1s.

It's amazing that people now consider 19/20 decent and go back to them. Personally I'd rather play rocket league. It's getting consistently worse every year since fifa 18. I'm extremely curious how on earth they can make it worse next year however. 😄

Last edited:
This is the path taken. I thought 19 was rock bottom. Timed finishing garbage, unrealistic exaggerated tactics, and superhuman teams like Madrid scoring half a dozen bicycle kicks. If you told me to make it worse I would struggle to think of something, but then they came up with 1v1s.

It's amazing that people now consider 19/20 decent and go back to them. Personally I'd rather play rocket league. It's getting consistently worse every year since fifa 18. I'm extremely curious how on earth they can make it worse next year however. 😄
Its quite evident how shit this series have gone,just booting up FIFA 15/16/17 and it's such a huge difference.
I'm done buying FIFA as well

This game needs a big patch. Defending🤬 Game won't even save my controller settings on the PS4. Players and ball feel weightier this year, which is nice. But man, did EA rest on their laurels or what.

Game won't even save my controller settings on the PS4.

You have to save your settings in your profile manager AND in the kick-off mode as well, when you play that mode. (triangle on the screen where you can choose your side). Needed a while on FIFA 20 last year till I found that out. However I couldn't save the right stick player change to "ball related', had to change it in kick-off mode everytime again. This year I can't save my camera settings in kick-off mode, have to adjust them everytime I want to play. What wasn't too often so far...

Last edited:
What have they done to goalkeepers?

And have they just removed all non-sliding-tackle fouls from the game, PES style?

That being said I had my first 0-0 earlier, thanks to some tweaking of Matt's sliders (World Class, slow speed, semi passing, speed 43/44, accel 50/50, run freq 20/20, FB pos 20/20).

I felt the need to record the ending to prove it...

...then my next game finished 4-1 to Man United.

Which is where I saw "Solksjaer" for the first time:

Is this because of the PES - Man United deal?

Last edited:
^ I see sliding fouls.in PES had 4 against Italy in one game
That was my point. In PES the only fouls called are for sliding tackles. In terms of physical contact you can throw a guy off the pitch and there's no fouls given. Which is pretty much what I did in the clip above - with no foul / penalty given.

This year I can't save my camera settings in kick-off mode, have to adjust them everytime I want to play. What wasn't too often so far...
Are you playing Volta? I think it happens when switch between Volta and the other game modes.

And have they just removed all non-sliding-tackle fouls from the game, PES style?
Nope, I got two penalties from standing tackles in a single match yesterday. Like always in FIFA, it depends on the automatically assigned referee, though.

What have they done to goalkeepers?

That being said I had my first 0-0 earlier, thanks to some tweaking of Matt's sliders (World Class, slow speed, semi passing, speed 43/44, accel 50/50, run freq 20/20, FB pos 20/20).

I felt the need to record the ending to prove it...

...then my next game finished 4-1 to Man United.

Which is where I saw "Solksjaer" for the first time:

Is this because of the PES - Man United deal?

Ole Gunnar Van Gaal?

Back
Top Bottom