FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

I'd be interested in seeing EA's response to someone asking them to add a 'remove arcade FUT gameplay microtransactions', or 'full simulation gameplay packs' to career mode.

Only way to get a decent game (from either company) is to con them into thinking they'd make more money overall from the sim football crowd.
Anyone willing to Inception Andrew Wilson?
If someone could pull off that miracle, for 1 yr only, you could get the greatest football experience ever made.

After the ruse it'll be back to addicting kids to gambling games.

The AI defenders are surprisingly competent in Pro Clubs at least.
I played a Be A Pro game this morning - only one - and I was shocked at how defenders were tracking. I almost think it's using old attribute rules (and therefore different gameplay). That being said, my team lost 3-1. (But understandably so, it was Tranmere v Parma...)

Some moments from launch weekend in a full manual controls Pro Club.

Main takeaway so far is game feels like a weightier FIFA 20. Defending is harder, I'm finding it tougher to hone in on players and make tackles and interceptions. And AI defender seem to get caught out a lot more. They seem easily cut open by a long assisted pass through the middle or over the top.

Was enjoying playing Be A Pro for a couple of games. Then this happened...

It's so difficult to carry on when you see the AI actively getting out of your way so you can score - but it's not on purpose, it's because the defending system is so absolutely wrecked. The AI is considering me "gone" so powers down, and wakes up the next guy.

And then, on the very few occasions they get close enough to make contact, nothing is considered a foul.

Sorry, I've not read this thread for a while and I have some catching up to do.
Here's what we're up against. All hands on deck.
Does this guy play full manual by any chance?
If you don't, you should never ever be allowed to say that you want more control and less assistance.
My 2 cents.

Was enjoying playing Be A Pro for a couple of games. Then this happened...

It's so difficult to carry on when you see the AI actively getting out of your way so you can score - but it's not on purpose, it's because the defending system is so absolutely wrecked. The AI is considering me "gone" so powers down, and wakes up the next guy.

And then, on the very few occasions they get close enough to make contact, nothing is considered a foul.

On that last one the defender does get to the ball first but I see what you mean he finishes through by taking you out. It would have been hilarous if they ended calling a handball on you.

I've been re-exploring playing on Legacy Defending when I play "for real", and have been finding it to be a good way to get my CMs (and defense when caught out) to get back into most situations. Have to be careful since it's easy to expose positions, but overall not a bad way to recover space.

Here my CM Morales (#6) would've usually just let the play unfold behind him, but I pressed him to come back and chase as much as possible.

Here, not only able to get in a good position, but also able to double-up against the attacker - giving up the foul of course.

Lastly, here controlling my LCB, we're in a bad spot, but I'm able to force my LB to deal with the winger, and even break up the pass.

So there's an option maybe for those who are looking for another way to tackle their defensive issues. Of course the CPU defensively still have their own issues.

I've been re-exploring playing on Legacy Defending when I play "for real", and have been finding it to be a good way to get my CMs (and defense when caught out) to get back into most situations. Have to be careful since it's easy to expose positions, but overall not a bad way to recover space.

Here my CM Morales (#6) would've usually just let the play unfold behind him, but I pressed him to come back and chase as much as possible.

Here, not only able to get in a good position, but also able to double-up against the attacker - giving up the foul of course.

Lastly, here controlling my LCB, we're in a bad spot, but I'm able to force my LB to deal with the winger, and even break up the pass.

So there's an option maybe for those who are looking for another way to tackle their defensive issues. Of course the CPU defensively still have their own issues.

Mate you have convinced me to get FIFA 21. I decided earlier not to get any footie games this year and due to my lack of self control and the urge to play football, I now have bought both PES 21 and FIFA 21. God help me.

I have been using matts sliders, thank you matt. I have never been able to stick thru two games of a CM with one vs cpu in FIFA's past. I have had a blast playing FIFA's with my 7 and 10 year old. I do think its a good co-op exp. Yes the 1 v 1 defense in 21 is fucking hard, and not intuitive, outside that I dont have a big problem with it. I am finding it fun and I am finding individuality between players. With a patch or two, this has legs. Hopefully im not back next week bitching about it

Mate you have convinced me to get FIFA 21. I decided earlier not to get any footie games this year and due to my lack of self control and the urge to play football, I now have bought both PES 21 and FIFA 21. God help me.

Haha, insert [meme: images that precede unfortunate events] .

I have been using matts sliders, thank you matt. I have never been able to stick thru two games of a CM with one vs cpu in FIFA's past. I have had a blast playing FIFA's with my 7 and 10 year old. I do think its a good co-op exp. Yes the 1 v 1 defense in 21 is fucking hard, and not intuitive, outside that I dont have a big problem with it. I am finding it fun and I am finding individuality between players. With a patch or two, this has legs. Hopefully im not back next week bitching about it

I need to start playing with my 5 and 7 year old before it's too late. They are very competitive, so they don't understand why I watch some matches just...to watch. They always ask "who do you want to win?", and I just say "noone" - haha.

Then again, I may spare them the heartache.

I need to start playing with my 5 and 7 year old before it's too late. They are very competitive, so they don't understand why I watch some matches just...to watch. They always ask "who do you want to win?", and I just say "noone" - haha.

Then again, I may spare them the heartache.
waiti until they turn off all the rules without telling you and hack the shit out of you with no red cards LOL

No day one patch. There was a patch a few days ago but it only fixed FUT bugs.

In other news:

I'm not sad that they're gone - Martin Tyler drives me mad, in actual commentary and in FIFA. But I'm annoyed that there's no replacement, so we permanently get "bloke who makes up his own pronunciations of names" and "bloke who is so obviously reading a script it's painful".

Shocked by that, first I've heard of it, tbh commentary is a huge part of the experience for me (I know and understand many hate it) but no Tyler really reduces the desire to play it even more, especially as they haven't bothered adding a new commentary team in, real faces of players don't bother me but not having the player's commentary names really does bother me and it means there'll be even less names now :(

Given the direction EA is taken I wouldn't be surprised if they have a famous artist/vlogger/influencers/YouTuber doing the commentary in the future,picture in picture of course,just like a YouTuber does.

Every broadcast starts with "what's going guys"

Back
Top Bottom