FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

• Reduced the amount of time it takes for a player to recover from a block animation.
  • Contextual Agile Dribbling now maintains a slightly longer distance to the opponent in order to improve maneuverability.
You saved me having to copy and paste that last one. Absolutely hilarious.

Clips of how overpowered "agile dribbling" is go viral (I notice the main one appears to have been deleted from Twitter due to a takedown request, but there are plenty):

And their response is to "improve maneuverability" even more.

Even in the comments section on that clip above, every person says "games aren't supposed to be realistic" and "it's super fun".

Time to move on.

And new patch is out, they Increased Competitor Mode difficulty, "This change is most impactful when the CPU AI is defending counter attacks".
Are you some kind of pleb who doesn't use competitor mode and wants defending? Haha, screw you. Play fut, buy some packs.

Competitor mode eh. Just an option, you don't have to use it. But hey they can just work on this mode now and forget about the rest.

Last edited:

Clips of how overpowered "agile dribbling" is go viral (I notice the main one appears to have been deleted from Twitter due to a takedown request, but there are plenty):

Even in the comments section on that clip above, every person says "games aren't supposed to be realistic" and "it's super fun".

Time to move on.
Yeah EA aren’t providing us a solution. It’s done.

The notes, the users comments of the clip. They talk about it like it's League of Legends. Yeah I guess there is no point expecting more from this until (if) the main focus changes. It's exactly the game they want.
And new patch is out, they Increased Competitor Mode difficulty, "This change is most impactful when the CPU AI is defending counter attacks".
Are you some kind of pleb who doesn't use competitor mode and wants defending? Haha, screw you. Play fut, buy some packs.

Competitor mode eh. Just an option, you don't have to use it. But hey they can just work on this mode now and forget about the rest.

Yeah, that's maybe even more comical than the improved responsiveness thing. Why even tie a supposed betterment to defense to competitor mode, which has nothing to do with it? Nonsense or bad faith.. pick one if you want, I already did ;)

Time to move on.
That "Super Mario analogy" killed me for good.

That "Super Mario analogy" killed me for good.

FACT: Super Mario Strikers is a better and more realistic football game than fifa 21 with better AI.
Notice how there is more physical play and sliding tackles. And midfielders track runs and defend, they don't just stand still! The AI even tries shots from outside the box! And keepers cover their near post much better! Haha, I could go on. That's like, light years ahead of the fifa 21 AI.

Last edited:
Promising signs with the CM play, both on sliders and default, World Class/Legendary/Ultimate and slow/normal speeds. Still need a lot of testing for different tactics and attributes.

Promising signs with the CM play, both on sliders and default, World Class/Legendary/Ultimate and slow/normal speeds. Still need a lot of testing for different tactics and attributes.
Here's a mad thought..
Given how FUT zombies dont want to have any defense, love the way it plays and gang up on anyone who mentions defending..
Do you think there's a chance, where they would tweak things on the sly, without mentioning anything?
1v1 would still be there to break our balls, but at least if other players were tracking and positioning correctly - we wouldnt have to switch to a player who is on the other side of the world.
IF and its a big IF - if they fix that - they might as well keep it all hush hush, coz FUT zombies wouldnt probably notice any difference.

Here's a mad thought..
Given how FUT zombies dont want to have any defense, love the way it plays and gang up on anyone who mentions defending..
Do you think there's a chance, where they would tweak things on the sly, without mentioning anything?
1v1 would still be there to break our balls, but at least if other players were tracking and positioning correctly - we wouldnt have to switch to a player who is on the other side of the world.
IF and its a big IF - if they fix that - they might as well keep it all hush hush, coz FUT zombies wouldnt probably notice any difference.

I think the fact competitive mode is being looked at, and in particular the attention for the CPU's defending counter attacks, is a positive point for any offline user. Even though it is a separate toggle/trigger for competitor mode, I believe that any attention (good or bad) is attention that was needed. I think the offline user in general will inadvertendly get some help with this title update.

At least that's what I'm seeing so far from using the same teams I've been testing pre and post title update.

For example, the CPU defending quite well here. Trying to break their lines with quick 1-2 passes that would've been easy to do before. Default sliders, World Class difficulty.

CDM reacts, albeit late (testing slow game speed), but at least more bodies in the box than before

I think the fact competitive mode is being looked at, and in particular the attention for the CPU's defending counter attacks, is a positive point for any offline user. Even though it is a separate toggle/trigger for competitor mode, I believe that any attention (good or bad) is attention that was needed. I think the offline user in general will inadvertendly get some help with this title update.

At least that's what I'm seeing so far from using the same teams I've been testing pre and post title update.

For example, the CPU defending quite well here. Trying to break their lines with quick 1-2 passes that would've been easy to do before. Default sliders, World Class difficulty.

CDM reacts, albeit late (testing slow game speed), but at least more bodies in the box than before

Does competitor make lower rated teams pass and do skills like prime Barcelona by any chance? Or does it still keep attributes in play when determining the moves?

Does competitor make lower rated teams pass and do skills like prime Barcelona by any chance? Or does it still keep attributes in play when determining the moves?

I honestly don't know. I haven't used it. When I tried it in the beta it felt like all the tactics were ignored, and CBs were doing skill moves in every single possession.

I've just given the new update a quick run, I definitely need to play for longer to determine more and make sure it's legitimate, but there does seem to be more resistance through the midfield (not suddenly perfect by any means, but it does appear something is different). It's not just the open goal fest from minute 1 like before. I hadn't considered the idea EA might make some changes without mentioning..

Edit: Cancel this. I'm seeing the same issues. I think the placebo bug hit.

Last edited:
It makes Barnsley play like Barcelona, yeah. Throwing in skill moves every few seconds and ping-pong passing without ever having to take a touch or look to the pass target. Attributes go out of the window.

Nowt to do with the game but I've an irrational hatred for this tweet:

Was it Let Your Grandma Compose Your Tweets Day? So stilted and not becoming of a trendy brand like FIFA. Beat him/be him, surely.

As you were. [waves play on]

Is there a change you will make a shorter half set like fifa 20? untill then I enjoying fifa 20 cause of your sliders!

Clips of how stupid and overpowered "agile dribbling" is go viral (I notice the main one appears to have been deleted from Twitter due to a takedown request, but there are plenty):

Time to move on.

Just slightly unrealistic, i would say.

FUT people are acknowledging that defense AI in midfield is pretty much not there at all

Simply put, if 2 or more players are out of position at the same time then defending is not just frustrating, it's impossible. No way you can correct the positioning of your team by controlling just one player at any given moment no matter how fast you switch. If you want the AI controlled players to not defend (block, intercept, tackle, foul, whatever) on their own then you have to get positioning right so that you can at least have a chance to manually switch and do it yourself.

Online meta must be "avoid big bad man with arrow over his head until gap he won't have time to cover appears". How exciting/engaging!

If Gambling/microtransactions was the beginning of the end for football games, esports nonsense is the final death blow, because some people don't think that basic football logic can be the skill gap and you don't have to go inventing gimmicks.

Last edited:
From the time I had with this game, what bothers me is that the ball is not a separate entity. It follows specific instructions of who should have control of it at any moment. That makes ball physics really weird.
Well, it's just like in every single football video game in existence then...

I heard very bad things about FIFA defending.
I made 1000 games on FIFA 20 on FUMA, and my first matches were horrible!

But now, I really enjoy the game on career mode with my personnal sliders

Settings :
8 minutes // Legend // FUMA // Normal speed

Sprint - 20/20
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/70
Pass Error - 55/65
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 35/35
Injury Freq - 80/70
Injury Sev - 30/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/90
Run Freq - 27/45
Height - 60/50
Length - 48/48
Width - 51/50
FB Pos - 49/50
FT Control - 55/70

Examples :

Sliders on detail:
Strategy :

Slight OT. I read an interesting tweet this morning, of an italian sport journalist commenting our championship day:

I'll roughly translate it here:

I hear talk about european mentality, offensive tactics, new "teachers" of futbol.

Today 10 teams on 10 conceded at least two goals each.

The truth? In Serie A nobody defends anymore. They don't teach it .
Defenses always uncovered. Constant one v ones. If that's right with you.

It really strikes me that he was talking about real football (at least the italian one, although I think crazy scorelines are becoming increasingly frequent even in the other leagues), as especially the last lines could be an appropriate short review of what's mainly wrong with Fifa.

Back
Top Bottom