Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/360)

Anyone have any tips on knocking people out? I'm dominating the fights on the scorecards, even on the high difficulties, but I simply cannot knock anyone out for the life of me. Don't get me wrong I do sometimes get lucky and flash knock someone down, but in general I'm struggling and I'm getting sick of winning fights on points all the time.

My version of Amir Khan.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/playershare/boxerview/game/fightnight/bid/6748136

Oh and here's an example of how weak his chin is :D.

De La Hoya vs Khan
http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6748588

Anyone have any tips on knocking people out? I'm dominating the fights on the scorecards, even on the high difficulties, but I simply cannot knock anyone out for the life of me. Don't get me wrong I do sometimes get lucky and flash knock someone down, but in general I'm struggling and I'm getting sick of winning fights on points all the time.

My version of Amir Khan.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/playershare/boxerview/game/fightnight/bid/6748136

Oh and here's an example of how weak his chin is :D.

De La Hoya vs Khan
http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6748588
first of all, have you tried adjusting the sliders in the settings? putting the power up and the toughness down greatly increases the chance of getting knocked out and knocking the opponent out, which is far more realistic.

another thing is, after you stun your opponent go in for the kill and throw big combos. your stamina gets maxed out due to adrenaline and your punches will break through your opponents blocks as their block bar deminishes.

the other one is to try counter punching, but you prob already knew that.

first of all, have you tried adjusting the sliders in the settings? putting the power up and the toughness down greatly increases the chance of getting knocked out and knocking the opponent out, which is far more realistic.

another thing is, after you stun your opponent go in for the kill and throw big combos. your stamina gets maxed out due to adrenaline and your punches will break through your opponents blocks as their block bar deminishes.

the other one is to try counter punching, but you prob already knew that.

Thanks mate. I'm getting better at counter punching which seems to be having more of an effect on stunning my opponent, but seriously I'm landing devastating headshots without any real reward, just points.

Can you post up your slider settings? I'll have a go at using them.

i play on champion difficulty with the boxer power up 2 notches and the toughness down 1 notch.

got some quality KO's last night, but couldn't connect to the EA servers so will post them tommorrow hopefully.

Last edited:
One tactic I tried last night that worked nicely, when they're hurt triple jab to the stomach followed by a haymaker left/right hook to the head.

One tactic I tried last night that worked nicely, when they're hurt triple jab to the stomach followed by a haymaker left/right hook to the head.
yeah when they're hurt i always try to go for a couple of body shots and then either a hook or uppercut.

got a flash KO from a nice little combo last night, they were blocking to the head so i did a couple of jabs into the block then waited a split second and went in with a straight and in that split second they had started to drop their guard to go on the offensive and it was game over. can't remember if i saved it, if i did i'll upload it tonight.

Is anyone having problems connecting to EA's servers from the game menu?

I have not been successful for 2 days now. Every time I click on Xbox Live from the game's menu, I get an error message saying that I need to be loged in to xbox live and connected to the EA servers to access online. Don't understand what the problem is really. I can log in to xbox marketplace with no problems.

Any tips?

live has been fine for me, though I cant seem to win online :(

I think my problem is that I have a habit of holding in the block and lean modifier buttons which is draining my stamina.

only just noticed that last night. D'oh!

Finally got the game today!

Just finished version 1 of my Amir Khan:

amir01.jpg

amir02.jpg

If you think it looks crap please be honest ;)

Uploaded as: Amir Khan PRS ver 1

Dosnt look that much like him gamerface is awful tried facegen prog on pc yesterday that comes out with amazing results shame fight night dosnt use it.

How come sometimes if I knock someone down the ref counts to around 5 but just ends up ending the fight. Surely it has to go to 10?

How come sometimes if I knock someone down the ref counts to around 5 but just ends up ending the fight. Surely it has to go to 10?

I think it's his own discretion type thing. If the person who was knocked down looks nowhere near like getting up, usually gets up and falls right over the other direction, the ref stops the fight. Realistic enough I guess, but sometimes it would be nice to get the ten count without your opponent nearly making it every time but just running out of time.

Gameface could be awesome if theey just gave us more control over it. You don't have enough control of some important areas, like the eyes. To make Khan good you would also need control over the ears but they don't let us touch them at all.

The worst parts for me is the lack of control of eyes, nose and lips. So important to make perfect faces. You can still do amazing faces, but it has to be of people that has a pretty generic looking face in real life, or you have to try to make caricatures, like the one of Rocky that is highly rated.

Back
Top Bottom